Chattanooga, Tennessee

Latitude: 35.021307220754
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Sports Field Sports Field yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

This park is where you want to take the family and have a great vacation. Everything you need is here . The activity they have for kids is over the top. Just off 24east before Chattanooga. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Enjoy yourself

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

This was an overnite stop for us. We were in early enough for a walk around. Quiet cg away from the interstate. Small pool, very clean. Chairs & tables around. Area set up for outdoor games. CG has cable. Had good signal with ATT for phone & data. There is a cave system connected to the cg but we didn't visit it. Would like to come back & do that. I do think that the cost for an overnite on a site with NO concrete pad is a little high. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed across street from where office and caves are, which is also where bathhouse is located. Perhaps a bit far for other sites. Staff very helpful and friendly. Pick up trash 2x per day. Very clean and well maintained. Good wifi and cable TV. They had several events for campers to participate in (i.e. movie night, ice cream social and hot dogs on another day). My biggest complaint is that the sites can get very muddy when it rains. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

One of the nicest parks we've stayed in a long time. WiFi was amazing. Level. Quiet. Great for families. Nice pool and they even have a lift for the handicapped to enjoy the pool. Fenced dog park and they even provide the pick up bags. Staff was great. Not one problem. Down a dead end road and very easy to navigate. We were 30ft. with a TOAD. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Site 251 Premium

Songbirds is a new guitar museum and they also bring in live acts. We actually went there to see Suzy Bogguss. Great show. Right around the corner from the Chattanooga ChooChoo hotel. Nice restaruants and a bar scene later on for the younger folks. Lookout Mountain. Ruby Falls. Rock City.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

I've stayed at this location multiple times over the past year, and I definitely have had mixed opinions of it. For the most part, the grounds are very nice. The cavern is very cool - well worth the money to explore - and I love that we can just walk over from the RV. The newly fixed-up pool, playground, and new outdoor pavilion are all truly great. When interacting with the staff, they're always friendly with smiles on their faces. However, we have had multiple issues with scheduling-related issues. When we called to confirm our arrival a few days before arriving, they had nothing in their records about us coming, even though we had our confirmation e-mail from them. Then we arrived, and they weren't expecting us (AGAIN they had lost us in their records!) and had nowhere for us to go. We have had several problems of that sort at this RV park. We also know of others who have had similar problems. I guess I would say that I recommend this park, but be in constant communication with them, and be VERY clear on the terms of your agreement. They have a history of suddenly declaring that something is a stated rule that they have never actually shared with you - and it leaves you unexpectedly without a place to stay or owing money you didn't expect to owe. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

This park is only about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Chattanooga during most of the day. Just be aware that that stretch of I-24 gets very congested - S.L.O.W. - during afternoon rush hour. Plan around that, and you're in a great location for easily getting around town!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $56.00

Booked at this Campground while staying in the area for the Chattanooga 70.3. Booked because of what we read about Raccoon Mountain online with all of the cool amenities for the kids, pool, go carts, sports, etc. All of this was shut down and the pool under construction. Very dissatisfied with the experience here as a result. Campground is OK, sites are nice, but very close and not private. Also, cable TV did not work at all. Only redeeming thing for us was the Gem Panning, which was $$$, but at least the kids had a good memory of this camping trip. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $43.00

What a beautiful location. On the side of a mountain with good spacing between units. I would stay here again when in the area. Less than two miles from the interstate but given the location, you would not know a highway of any sort was anywhere near. Only minor point was our "Premium" site. Yes we did have a concrete patio but the camper was on a combination of gravel and dirt. If it was raining or very wet then I think mud would be a problem. Leveling was no problem but I would put something under the landing gear in wet weather. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fuel and shopping about two miles away.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $95.00

Cabin 8 reeked of Pine Sol and mold. There were no dishes, no pans, not anything. We were told that flatware was the only kitchen item that would not be there. There were no sheets or towels. Only a creepy blanket on each bed. I got sick after the first night and my husband got sick the second. Our lungs were totally clogged and we had to leave and cut our Chattanooga visit short. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Cabin.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Hot when arrived. First thing I did was start AC while I finished hookup. Opened the camper to sewage odor. Cable TV was staticky and wifi was awe full. Went to the office requesting to be moved. They weren't interested in that. When I explained the situation they said they would send someone over. They claimed the smell was from my AC unit and suggested I put a fabric sheet on it. Wifi is good but there must be a lot of people using it. At 2:30am I don't think that is true. Constantly makes you log in. Terrible!! They had to bring me a new picnic table as mine was unsafe and ready for the fire. The reason for the sewage was their tank. I closed my discharges to sewer and smell went away. Their sewer gas was being sent up through my camper. This may have had a good rating, that's why I chose it. My mistake. They are only open to protecting themselves instead of customer service. Glad I'm leaving. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Ruby Fall and aquarium were great.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

Stayed here in 45' motorhome. Difficult time finding level lot. Found sites around 215 to be level enough for us and limited trees for antenna to work. Park has new ownership and is upgrading asap. Keep informed. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Saw Ruby Falls--really great.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Friendly staff, very quiet at night. Good ATT. We had no trouble with satellite setup though others would. The big problem is they have no concept on how to place rigs. We had a 32' TT + truck. Had to place markers at rear of TT to make sure it wasn't hit and park truck at an odd angle. Two sites down from us was a much larger site where they put a pop-up (after we were already settled) that could have fit in ours with room to spare. There were quite a few others in the same situation. Someone said wifi was great. We have an external adapter and the wifi was very slow. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Did for some reason become more expensive than quoted at time of booking when we actually checked in (something about us having to have premium site due needing 50 amp & being over 40 foot) but that asides we found it a decent park. Weirdly lots of decrepit things around like abandoned go kart track, putt putt golf course in an abandoned baseball net etc but then at same time they appear to have built a few cabins and refurbished one set of bathrooms etc. upon reading about the park as it's obviously an older site, appears the family that own are embroiled in some kind of financial dispute that remains ongoing perhaps impacting maintenance etc. Gravel sites on offer so quite a lot of leveling required. Close enough to Neighbour's that you can end up w a bus full of campfire smoke if you forget to shut your windows! Chattanooga is relatively close by ($10 uber) which is great also. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

Dishonest. Encouraged us to book an extra day just in case. Were told we would get our money back, twice. Would not do so when we left. Fine print on bottom of receipt says all sales final. Even though it was off season, put us in a narrow short lot with a trailer on either side of us. Trailer on backside had large camp fire going less than 8 feet from my unit. Thank goodness the wind was favorable and no damage to my camper. Asked what breed dog we had. Bulldog. 3rd day said we couldn't have it there. Started to load up to leave and they came back and said it was OK. Nice area and city and will go back but will never ever stay here. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

It is at the end of the road through a housing development. WiFi worked well cable TV worked generally good. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

It is central to Chattanooga and it sights. Just don't try to go into town at 5PM rush hour

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

Interior roads were packed gravel. Sites had level gravel/grass pads with good spacing and utilities placed at the back. At our site, the water spigot was tight against the power pedestal so I could not use my Y adapter. Others were not placed the same. Sites had a grassy area with picnic table and fire ring/grill. They have NO recycle container. There was no noise at all. WiFi coverage was excellent as was Verizon Cell coverage. We camped at Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The CG is right at Raccoon Mountain Caves and very close to Lookout Mountain, Rock City and Ruby Falls.

Are you affiliated with Raccoon Mountain RV Park & Campground ?