Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA

Cleveland, Tennessee

Recent Rate: $35 5/2015

J and C

I don't care that the owner has a back problem. Hire someone to clean up the sites and keep the place maintained. Our site was filthy and needed repairs. This place is way too expensive given the condition and amenities. Apparently the cable system requires an upgrade but they don't want to spend the money. Even though cable is promised, they don't have it and no discount. Internet is so-so. Not a good place after a rain. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

sc river ratz

Campground is off the beaten path and a little difficult to find due to highway construction. Park staff is very friendly. Campsite is gravel with a grassy area, picnic table, and cable TV. LP gas is available in park. This is our second time staying at this park. It's only ten miles to Perry Stone's Omega Center International conferences. The only downside is that we found ticks on our dog and self every time we walked. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Near Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain, Rock City, Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Omega Center International

fulltimer 2

If you are big and high, skip this review and just look for another park. If smaller or a C class you will be fine and I would give the park an 8. First the good: Awesome electric, good sewer, excellent water, KOA staff excellent. The bad: The County road access to the park has tree problems. You turn in (entrance) the second drive, tight, and be sure to stay far right to make the next turn left to the pad sites; recommend you disconnect. Some roads to the site have a lot of pitch to them so go slow and watch that your windshield does not pop. If heavy rains, OH MY. This park appears to have been built in the 40s and then added on to using fill to the larger pads in the back. Our 45' rig was not happy here and is still not speaking to us. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Mayonnaise Farmer

I really didn't know what to expect at this campground based on the varying reviews. We camped here to be closer to Cleveland. The last two times in the area we stayed in Chattanooga at another park. I knew this was going to be bad when we called the day before to ask if there was room to park an additional vehicle and small trailer. I didn't get a good answer and then inquired about the rate. As it was different than what the website was showing I inquired and was told additional fees would be in effect. I indicated I would finish the reservation on line since the price was less. The next day when we showed up the woman behind the desk immediately asked if I was the one who called the day before and made an on-line reservation. The conversation went rapidly downhill from there. To make a long story short, this woman should not be in customer service. When all was settled I politely thanked the woman and received no response or even the slightest acknowledgement; and no, I was not allowed to park my extra trailer there even though there was quite a bit of room to do so. Even though the above occurred, I tried to objectively rate this park. There are many permanent trailers on site. For the most part they were clean and orderly. However, the park is older and starting to show serious signs of being worn out. We did not use the restrooms so I can't comment on them. The sites were not paved and some had serious slopes. Mine was okay, but I had to laugh when I was told we were in a deluxe site. There was nothing deluxe about the site except that there was good Wi-Fi and cable. I do not plan to stay here again in the future. It isn't worth it. However, if you are looking for a quick on and off from the interstate for an overnight stay this park would probably work. I stayed here in a 42 ft fifth wheel with my wife, 4 of my children, and two dogs. If you choose to stay, don't mention my name or you may regret it. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

R.T.

Stopped here for an overnight on our way back home from Florida, and would not stop at this park in the future. I had called the park in advance to arrange for a reservation and late arrival, and as promised the site map was taped to the office door for us when we arrive about 10:30 pm. Things went downhill from there. The map directed us to a turn we completely missed on the first pass through due to the fact that it wasn't marked and the road the map said to turn on was so narrow and lined with parked cars we thought it was a parking area! After circling in the dark we again arrived at the office, and I actually got out and walked down the road to make sure it was the right direction. Turns out the path is past approximately 9 sites of permanents, and at that time of night all their cars were parked up to the road. We barely made it though with our 5th wheel, then only to arrive at the last site on the road (#50), which was a wickedly sloped pull through. The gravel pad was narrow, but fit our 5th wheel after a couple attempts. However, the picnic table and fire pit, which thankfully we didn't need, were on a serious slope. I can't see the site being enjoyable to anyone staying more than a night. Walking around the next morning I did discover the other section of the campground did have some decent sites, and some that would easily fit larger RVs, so I imagine a nicer time could be had at this campground than we did. Why we were not given an available site over there, I can't know. Of note, there was some construction going on in the park so there was a large dumpster just down from our site, although I don't imagine that's always there. And several older campers and trucks seemed to be parked in the grass right at the entrance and across from the office on a permanent basis (maybe stored there?) making the place look a little rundown. We did not use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on those. Overall, I'd say the campground needs to clean some things up and mark their interior roads better. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RetiredAlaskans

We especially liked the large, open area for dog walking, and were pleased about our site's proximity to it. The laundry room was clean, spacious, and I was happy that they had a paperback book exchange system. The owners and clerks were helpful and friendly. We have stayed there twice in the last two months, the first time when we finally arrived from Alaska. We were car shopping and the second for a week, when we were house hunting in the area. We will stay there again! We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

DC500

Rustic, clean, and quiet with friendly staff. There were permanent campers, but their spots were well-kept. Nice area to walk the dog. Very wooded, but we were able to get satellite TV. We would return for an overnight though our site was not particularly level. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

MFTDoc

The staff was very friendly. That's a big plus. The facilites were so-so. The pull-through site we had was not very level; we would have had to get the front wheels completely off the ground to get completely level. Wi-Fi was free, but was very slow. I used my cellular data card instead because it was so slow. Cable TV was included, but half (or more) of the channels were snowy. The drive in is tree-covered. More than once, our motorhome hit an overhanging branch. NOTE: this is not the campground's fault but it is important. If your GPS tells you to take Exit 16 off of I-75, don't do it. You will go through some country back roads that no RV, with the possible exception of a small popup (and I'm not sure even about that) has any business going down. Be sure you use Exit 20. If you have a trucker's GPS, it will tell you you can't go down Pleasant Grove Road, but from I-20 it's no problem (except for the aforementioned low tree branches). We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

horsesculpter

Beautiful deep woods campground, and very gracious hosts. We have an extremely long trailer, unusual for these campgrounds, and the access was good. Our site was at the back of the park. I don't know if the previous reviewer had a tent trailer or other light vehicle but we were not bothered by any noise in our trailer even though we were near the road. A very enjoyable experience, and our trailer does present a challenge for the hosts. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

NEEP46

First, the good news?? Cable excellent,water ok, sewer ok,electric great, area nicely kept. Close to I-75 and easy to get to and into and to site. Good Campground to tour Chattanooga and area. Now, the bad news?? Had to drive through mud to get to site, needs a lot of gravel?? Road noise from I-75 not noticeable, but local road goes around campground and is used 24/7 by motorcycles and loud pickup trucks?? During the week the local landfill is very noisy with machinery running?? Some dead trees threaten some campsites. Wi-fi was intermittent in super sites?? Last nite we were treated to another campers drunken air rifle practice, which was soon interrupted by the campground patrolman, thanks?? Later (12:30am) we were treated to fireworks as a large store is not far away?? Also if you think that you will be able to sleep through all of the above, get ready for the constant 24hr arrival and departure of very inconsiderate (rude) travelers who have no idea that someone may be sleeping at 3am?? Stopped to visit a friend, probably will stop elsewhere next year a little farther from I-75?? We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

4forsmores

Picked this as a quick midway stop on trip to Orlando. We arrived after the office was closed and found our way to the pull through site which was not level. I just wanted to park, hook up the electric & sleep after 11 hours on the road. Needed to unhitch to get rig level and to avoid blocking the road with trailer or truck (23' trailer with Expedition, not that long of a combo). Little noisy for people like us in a hybrid (or a pop up) since the campground is less than 300' from I-75. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

cdude

Escorted to deluxe site which was spacious and reasonably level. All services worked well. Laundry facilities neat and clean with good working machines. I-75 noise barely audible and thus had good nights sleep. Interior roads had some erosion due to heavy rains in recent weeks, but overall were in acceptable condition as were trees. We will stay again when next in area. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

padre44

Park needs gravel in the sites and leveling. There is mud around after a rain. Has good cable TV and internet. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

ameyer

Nice park. Sites level and clean around. About a mile off of the interstate so it was a bit quieter than others. We could only stay one night, but would have been happy to stay longer. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Prof Bill

This full featured KOA has become seedy, un-groomed - it's not bad, but it's just not appealing. We first stayed here in '99. Sites are small, good Wi-Fi and cable. Convenient to I-75, gas and shopping. We'd only stay here again to visit family in the area. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA?