Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA

Recent Rate: $38 5/2016

• Pit Toilets Pit Toilets yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $38.00

The terrain is hilly and sites are random and vary in size. I had a spacious back in site (66). A little hard to get level but hookups were very good except cable hookup a little difficult to connect. Fire ring was on a different level in a generous area. Only negative was the site backed up to a secondary highway and traffic was noisy at times. Due to a medical emergency, my stay was extended. It ran into Memorial Day Weekend, but the hosts worked with me to get another site as mine was reserved. The second site was smaller, back in and much more level. Hookups were excellent including the cable. While I was parked someone "borrowed" my fire ring without asking, but I didn't intend to use it. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

66 and 15

Nearby, Very Close

Hosts gave a great recommendation for the City Cafe in nearby Cleveland, TN. Also Cherokee National Forest and of course Chattanooga, with many historic venues and points of interest,

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $45.00

Way to expensive for what you get. Site was a lake after a rain. This was a disappointing place for the price. We camped in a 40' motorhome. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $38.00

Staff was very friendly. Site we were on was very level and spacious. New owners and they are making improvements. We had one of the "deluxe sites". Roads can be tricky getting to the site but remember you are in the mountains. We extended our stay because of the location. The campground is located just off I-75 but no noise. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Very close to Chattanooga to see the sights.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $38.00

There are only 6 pull-through sites. Our site (27) was a tough entry & exit but it was absolutely level. Verizon 4G was 3 out of 5. Over the air TV was basically nonexistent but cable was provided. Did NOT do garbage pickup at your site. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Stayed for one night, but would stay for months. New onsite owners, they are fabulous! Great park, a KOA allstar. 45 foot coach fit spot 66 with room to spare. Great facilities, pool, cabana with gas fire pit. Beautiful cabins (from the outside) all full. Will look forward to staying again. Owners are very nice! We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

I don't care that the owner has a back problem. Hire someone to clean up the sites and keep the place maintained. Our site was filthy and needed repairs. This place is way too expensive given the condition and amenities. Apparently the cable system requires an upgrade but they don't want to spend the money. Even though cable is promised, they don't have it and no discount. Internet is so-so. Not a good place after a rain. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $40.00

Campground is off the beaten path and a little difficult to find due to highway construction. Park staff is very friendly. Campsite is gravel with a grassy area, picnic table, and cable TV. LP gas is available in park. This is our second time staying at this park. It's only ten miles to Perry Stone's Omega Center International conferences. The only downside is that we found ticks on our dog and self every time we walked. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Near Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain, Rock City, Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Omega Center International

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $38.00

We had a roomy 50 amp pull through site - gravel with grassy area. We were the only RV in the section. It was fairly level and all utilities worked well - except wifi. Wifi was intermittently fair to not usable, even though there were wifi antennas in our section. Our Verizon 4G worked well.
The Staff was very nice and helpful, providing info on road conditions as the weather deteriorated.
The internal roads were muddy, a little hilly and some turns were tight. We were not led to our site. We stayed 2 nights and had one inch of snow the first night. No efforts were made to plow or clear the snow, but it was all melted by afternoon. We didn't use any of the amenities but the campground was neat and well cared for. We were in a 33 foot 5th wheel and might stay again if we can't find something less expensive. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $40.00

If you are big and high, skip this review and just look for another park. If smaller or a C class you will be fine and I would give the park an 8. First the good: Awesome electric, good sewer, excellent water, KOA staff excellent. The bad: The County road access to the park has tree problems. You turn in (entrance) the second drive, tight, and be sure to stay far right to make the next turn left to the pad sites; recommend you disconnect. Some roads to the site have a lot of pitch to them so go slow and watch that your windshield does not pop. If heavy rains, OH MY. This park appears to have been built in the 40s and then added on to using fill to the larger pads in the back. Our 45' rig was not happy here and is still not speaking to us. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $45.00

I really didn't know what to expect at this campground based on the varying reviews. We camped here to be closer to Cleveland. The last two times in the area we stayed in Chattanooga at another park. I knew this was going to be bad when we called the day before to ask if there was room to park an additional vehicle and small trailer. I didn't get a good answer and then inquired about the rate. As it was different than what the website was showing I inquired and was told additional fees would be in effect. I indicated I would finish the reservation on line since the price was less. The next day when we showed up the woman behind the desk immediately asked if I was the one who called the day before and made an on-line reservation. The conversation went rapidly downhill from there. To make a long story short, this woman should not be in customer service. When all was settled I politely thanked the woman and received no response or even the slightest acknowledgement; and no, I was not allowed to park my extra trailer there even though there was quite a bit of room to do so. Even though the above occurred, I tried to objectively rate this park. There are many permanent trailers on site. For the most part they were clean and orderly. However, the park is older and starting to show serious signs of being worn out. We did not use the restrooms so I can't comment on them. The sites were not paved and some had serious slopes. Mine was okay, but I had to laugh when I was told we were in a deluxe site. There was nothing deluxe about the site except that there was good Wi-Fi and cable. I do not plan to stay here again in the future. It isn't worth it. However, if you are looking for a quick on and off from the interstate for an overnight stay this park would probably work. I stayed here in a 42 ft fifth wheel with my wife, 4 of my children, and two dogs. If you choose to stay, don't mention my name or you may regret it. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $38.00

Stopped here for an overnight on our way back home from Florida, and would not stop at this park in the future. I had called the park in advance to arrange for a reservation and late arrival, and as promised the site map was taped to the office door for us when we arrive about 10:30 pm. Things went downhill from there. The map directed us to a turn we completely missed on the first pass through due to the fact that it wasn't marked and the road the map said to turn on was so narrow and lined with parked cars we thought it was a parking area! After circling in the dark we again arrived at the office, and I actually got out and walked down the road to make sure it was the right direction. Turns out the path is past approximately 9 sites of permanents, and at that time of night all their cars were parked up to the road. We barely made it though with our 5th wheel, then only to arrive at the last site on the road (#50), which was a wickedly sloped pull through. The gravel pad was narrow, but fit our 5th wheel after a couple attempts. However, the picnic table and fire pit, which thankfully we didn't need, were on a serious slope. I can't see the site being enjoyable to anyone staying more than a night. Walking around the next morning I did discover the other section of the campground did have some decent sites, and some that would easily fit larger RVs, so I imagine a nicer time could be had at this campground than we did. Why we were not given an available site over there, I can't know. Of note, there was some construction going on in the park so there was a large dumpster just down from our site, although I don't imagine that's always there. And several older campers and trucks seemed to be parked in the grass right at the entrance and across from the office on a permanent basis (maybe stored there?) making the place look a little rundown. We did not use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on those. Overall, I'd say the campground needs to clean some things up and mark their interior roads better. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $35.00

We especially liked the large, open area for dog walking, and were pleased about our site's proximity to it. The laundry room was clean, spacious, and I was happy that they had a paperback book exchange system. The owners and clerks were helpful and friendly. We have stayed there twice in the last two months, the first time when we finally arrived from Alaska. We were car shopping and the second for a week, when we were house hunting in the area. We will stay there again! We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $33.00

Rustic, clean, and quiet with friendly staff. There were permanent campers, but their spots were well-kept. Nice area to walk the dog. Very wooded, but we were able to get satellite TV. We would return for an overnight though our site was not particularly level. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $45.00

The staff was very friendly. That's a big plus. The facilites were so-so. The pull-through site we had was not very level; we would have had to get the front wheels completely off the ground to get completely level. Wi-Fi was free, but was very slow. I used my cellular data card instead because it was so slow. Cable TV was included, but half (or more) of the channels were snowy. The drive in is tree-covered. More than once, our motorhome hit an overhanging branch. NOTE: this is not the campground's fault but it is important. If your GPS tells you to take Exit 16 off of I-75, don't do it. You will go through some country back roads that no RV, with the possible exception of a small popup (and I'm not sure even about that) has any business going down. Be sure you use Exit 20. If you have a trucker's GPS, it will tell you you can't go down Pleasant Grove Road, but from I-20 it's no problem (except for the aforementioned low tree branches). We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $38.00

Beautiful deep woods campground, and very gracious hosts. We have an extremely long trailer, unusual for these campgrounds, and the access was good. Our site was at the back of the park. I don't know if the previous reviewer had a tent trailer or other light vehicle but we were not bothered by any noise in our trailer even though we were near the road. A very enjoyable experience, and our trailer does present a challenge for the hosts. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA?