Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA

Cleveland, Tennessee

648 Pleasant Grove Road
Cleveland, Tennessee 37353

• Restrooms: vault Restrooms: vault yes

Ask fellow campers about "Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $42.00

Another KOA with typical KOA amenities. Pool was closed when we were there. Staff was exceptionally nice. There are a couple of really sharp turns, we were glad we unhooked our toad before going to the site. The only real problem is the road noise, which is pretty significant. We would probability not stay again because of the noise and the fact that it is to far from Chattanooga. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

A must see is Ruby Falls.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

This is a really nice small park, easy on and easy off from I 75. It is a perfect stop over for those traveling south to Florida, or for those traveling north from Florida. There are no full timers at this park. It is meticulously maintained by a family, and they are extremely gracious and accommodating. The owners escort you to your site and help you to get settled. We were not traveling, we came here as a destination because it is close to where we live and we just wanted a few days to get away and have some peace and quiet which is what we got. We went to Chattanooga to shop, lots of area amenities! When we got hooked up we realized we had a problem with our water heater and the owners gave us the number of a really great company that came out to our site and fixed our issue, all at a great price. I wouldn't hesitate to come here again and we will return. The sites are somewhat close together but they are not bad at all, there are places for people to tent, and there are some adorable small cabins that are rentable throughout the property. We brought our dogs as usual and there is a great area to walk them along some trails that are adjacent to the tent area. In the quiet of the night, there are a few noises from the highway, but it isn't enough to be annoying. We also heard a train, but we love it. We had no need for AC so windows were open. The showers were clean and large and wonderful! The store at the office was quaint and immaculate. The laundry was also there and was well-maintained and clean. The park has won a couple of KOA awards this year and we can understand why. They deserved it! We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Some Shade, Covered Forested

There are quite a few pull through sites. Most backin sites are large enough for whatever you have. Our site was large enough for our rig and a towed vehicle, but we do not toad, so lots of room.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

This is a better-than-usual KOA. It is conveniently close to the interstate but not noisy. It has the usual choices of hook-ups and sites. Unlike some of the previous reviews, I didn't find the interior roads too bad - they were gravel and in good condition. Also, we had no trouble getting level in our gravel site. Driving around the CG is confusing because all the roads are one-way and curvy, but they bring you to your site. Sites are close together but not too close for comfort. The office people are extremely nice and helpful. There is a very well-stocked camp store. We would happily stay at this KOA again. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

There is a huge amount of stuff to do in Chattanooga!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $43.00

High quality dog park. A priority traveling with a puppy who needs exercise. Site on hill opposite dog park spacious with shade. Utilities good. Staff friendly. Dog park very clean, fenced with grass and waste bags available. Secure gate lock. Dog owners pick up and are respectful of taking turns using dog park. Good shopping in area, about 20 minutes from airport. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Did not care for Jordan's BBQ.

Featured Campgrounds Near Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $38.00

This park has very difficult interior roads. There are very short turns & the roads are very unlevel. We had a pull through & had to raise both rear wheels into the air to get anywhere near level. I had to ask the camper in the site next to me to retract his awning to get out of my site. He had to spot me to keep from hitting his fifth wheel while my wife spotted me on the opposite side to keep me from going into the ditch on the road. I was told that I would have a site adequate for my length. There were a lot of empty sites I could have been given. I complained to manager. A KOA employee told me that he could help me get level & explained the site was very difficult but that he could eventually get me into a somewhat level area. My neighbor said it was the worst KOA as far as the sites & roads he had ever seen. Don't go there. I saw a Class A with one front wheel a foot off of the ground. My site was terrible. I will never go back again. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

This is one of the best KOA camp grounds we stayed at. Far enough from the highway - no road noise. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

We only stay at a KOA if we really have no other option and once again we were not disappointed. Negotiating the park is not easy the sites are crammed in and not level, we were just water and electric and still $42 and overpriced. The staff as usual were really nice. Wifi poor. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

It's a very nice park. It has all the usual KOA amenities plus some. The pool is huge and nice and deep. It also has a large pavilion with cooking facilities. They have a brand new dog park which is not even on their map yet. It has enough trees and large picnic and camping areas. The staff went over and above to assist. We had truck trouble and had to take it in for repairs. They could not accommodate us staying an extra day in our site, but found someone willing to move our rig if we needed it. We were able to get out on time though. The only drawback was traffic noise, but it's not so bad. There are a few things they could add such as music and a clock at the pool, and the dog park still needs some benches. I'm sure that will come. I would definitely stay there again. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There's a Pilot travel center very close to the park. Crown Dodge in Cleveland also took very good care of us.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

The pull through site was plenty long enough for rig and toad, we spent way too much time trying to get level. The site was so narrow that the picnic table was not usable as it sat on a small hill and was very unstable. Other sites didn't seem to have the issue. Turns are a bit tight but doable. No problem with water, sewer or electric. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

Wasn't planning on staying here, didn't even know it existed, but we broke down at their exit. We called them to see if they had a site for the evening and they were able to accommodate us. In fact we got the last spot on a Saturday night which was a back in. Park was clean and I can't say enough about the staff, who led us to our site, helped us back in and even gave us some tips on where to go for parts! I'd rate them a 10 but I honestly didn't have time to enjoy their park. Our site was big enough for us and our truck, and easy access from interstate. Campground roads were easy to navigate. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $18.00

We stayed here for 5 months while our home was being built in Georgia. The staff here are excellent and very friendly. They just took over this park and are doing many wonderful things to upgrade it. My wife won their Chili Cookoff...how cool. Our site was #18 and right next to the tent camping area and when there were no tents, we used the space to run our two rescue labs....they really loved this park. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Your close to shopping and all the stores.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $43.00

This campground is good for an overnight. It has good access to the Interstate but has loud highway noise. The staff is friendly and helpful. The office and store is clean and the store has supplies. The showers are clean with plenty of hot water. The pull-through that I stayed in for a single night has a common utility island which means you share the space between your neighbors. Two tables and two fires rings doesn't leave much room for lawn chairs. The islands are field grass with spots of dirt. I'm glad I'm here when it isn't raining. The roads are hard compact gravel with dirt. All of the back-in sites and other section of pull-through site have normal separation between the sites is reasonable for privacy and have grass but might be a problem with rain. The pads are gravel and almost level. Several of the big rigs had wheels off the ground. There are several Wi-Fi connections to choose from but once on the bandwidth was very limited. I could download e-mail slowly but a simple Internet search was problematic. I didn't have enough bandwidth to search this site or post this review. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Cleveland TN is a short distance away. Check out the fried pies and ice cream at Stadium BBQ. It was a very comfortable, friendly sports bar.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

Off the I-75 a couple of miles - the first thing you encounter is a huge pothole in the entrance which the staff says is the county's responsibility. I would throw some gravel in there if it were me since it's a first impression. Seems an older park and the roads are narrow and tight with lots of trees. Our space #9 required us backing up a hill and it's not level - it backed up to the road with cars passing most of the night. The showers were clean but dated - VERY small space and slippery tile. A bar stool is in each shower which was too high to be used to sit on if needed. The nearest grocery store is about 7 miles away although there's a Pilot travel center right down the street. Generally it was an OK park but we'd stay elsewhere next time. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Get a pull-through if possible

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $39.00

The staff and surroundings were very nice and he noise level was rather minimal because the park was set back away from the highway enough and the abundance of tree foliage helped dampen any sound. We would come back again if we get a level spot - some spots are somewhat difficult to find a level area if your RV unit is over 30 ft in length. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Covered Forested

We stayed two nights in August just to relax and head for Chattanooga to see Lookout Mountain and we thought about seeing the aquarium here but we ran out of time.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Previous posts are accurate. We stayed two different times. In April there was a mud issue because of recent rains. In June hot and dry, so no issue. It is an older park and so has the same issues that most older parks have. There are about a dozen spots in a newer section that are all pull-through, level and no shade. We camped at Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA

Are you affiliated with Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA ?