9.3 Excellent

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $53.00

We just returned from a 2 week stay at Anchor Down RV Resort, we enjoyed our stay immensely.

It is a clean, new RV park, built on a section of land overlooking Douglas Lake, part of the TVA system. The view of the mountains is stunning along with the sunrises and sunsets.

It is a family campground and many families enjoyed the facilities, including a pool, lake, and dock access. Thee are places close by to rent a pontoon boat or jet skies to enjoy on the calm, refreshing waters of Douglas Lake.

As we were there, a new dog park with dog exercise stations, basketball and pickle ball courts were being added. We travel with our Airedale Terrier and found plenty of green, grassy areas to walk him away from other campers - look at the camp grounds web site and it will be obvious.

There are different prices and site sizes and amenities, one to meet your needs, we never felt crowded. As a side note - we started "camping" in our motor home 2 years ago and we learned quickly if we wanted privacy, most campgrounds are not the place to go unless you boon dock or go to a land management facility.

Anchor Down has a friendly staff and great facilities. The bath house actually has "private" bathrooms, each with their own sink, commode, and shower. I have never seen this before. I would also recommend renting a golf cart, although not required, it makes getting around the camp ground easier.

I highly recommend Anchor Down when in the Tennessee Smoky Mountain area. It is a little drive to the attractions of Pigeon Forge, Smoky Mountain Park, and Gatlinburg, but what a great place to come "home" to after a day out on the town. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Go or the golf cart.........

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $60.00

We stayed here 3 nights and really enjoyed our visit. The view was fantastic from our site which was a signature site overlooking the majority of the campground, and it was also very quiet here. I would have rated it higher except for the fact that the site was not level even though it was paved. We had to use additional pads to drive our 43 ft Class A coach onto to be mostly level and have our drive wheels on solid ground. We were told that the owners were in the process of redoing the concrete in order to level the sites. Most of the sites in our area of the campground were also not level. There is much for the younger children and teens to do at this campground. We will definitely return here when in the area. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Approximately 7 miles to a grocery store and other essentials.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $49.00

Arrived Aug. 14th was greeted at the office by a very friendly staff! I asked about my trailer and where I could park it for my visit. The young lady said "Let me ask my husband" he was out front of the office. Turns out they were the owners of the resort! Being 70' long, he had me go through the park to get turned around, and he opened the lower parking lot gate for me and helped me get my trailer parked. No problem with a 70' rig getting around in this park! My first site was on #72 over looking the lower area and the lake! What a view! and for the next 3 weeks I will be on site #35 in the back of the resort. There is nothing out of place here......period! Staff is all really friendly and willing to help you out with any problems or questions. Chad and his wife(Owners) built a first class RV resort here and they are doing very well with it. The fire places on the upper scale sites are nothing but a piece of art work to say the least. They are all different. Chad and his wife work very hard at their resort everyday and it shows! He stops by from time to time to see if I am in need of any thing and just to chat! Wonderful guy! and he always has his dog "Sammy" with him. The view from the resort is of the lake with the Smoky Mountains in the back ground! What a view. His electric service is the best I have ever seen any where, park loaded, 124-127 volts all the time! The pool is also very nice with a water slide and a kiddy pool. This is a very quite resort even when full. This resort bumped one out of my top 5 RV resorts in my travels........Golf carts are $30.00 per day, but the walk to the pool is easy and good exercise. I have not one downside about this Resort to post. He did a wonderful job shaping the 140 acres the resort sits on and had to move a lot of dirt to build it! Great job Chad! We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

SITE 72 AND 35

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $49.00

RV Parks/Resorts don't get any better than this one! Absolutely beautiful park overlooking Douglas Lake! Close to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, so there's all kinds of things to do and great places to dine in the area. Extremely friendly Park staff and they're continually adding amenities. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Good restaurants in the area are numerous but some of our favorites are Apple Barn Restaurant in Sevierville, Cowboys in Dandridge, Taste of Dandridge in Dandridge at I-40 Exit 417, Holstons in Sevierville, and Grist Mill in Pigeon Forge.

Visit the nearby Smoky Mtns National Park while there, Gatlinburg, and there are numerous places of interest and fun things to do from Water Parks, to music shows, comedy shows, Dinner shows, etc, etc.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $69.00

I have stayed here once a year ever since they have opened this awesome resort. The owners and staff are great. Stayed here July 4th weekend-forgot to make reservation for Golf cart- sold out-staff very accomadating to haul you to your destination.Took a one hour tour ($10 per person-new this year) on a very nice pontoon boat-staff made you feel safe and at home. Enjoyed the lake-warm and clean. Pool was very busy. This resort is our "mountain ocean getaway." 5 Stars,again, Anchors Down! We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Check out Historic Dandridge. Ate at Cowboys down the road-honored our reservations and table with a beautiful view of Douglas Lake. Also tried Angelos' in Dandridge across the green bridge-both restaurants had great food and service at out time of visit. Short drive to Pigeon Forge, too.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $49.00

This is very nice RV park! Clean restrooms with individual private shower/bathroom combination. The campground is well kept and very organized. The pool area is clean and the view from the pool area are spectacular! Even has a trampoline and a slide in the lake. We will be back soon!! We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Pigeon Forge and Sevierville is only 20 minutes away.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $69.00

Very nice. The grounds are immaculate. I didn't see a stone out of place or a weed anywhere. Each site is landscaped with native stone. We preferred the sites on the hill overlooking the rest of the campground. They were much larger, offered some shade and a constant breeze and seemed to have less traffic through the loop. If the kids were still traveling with us, a site in the lower section near the pool and beach would have been our choice.

The rules state no outdoor dog kennels. We thought this was a rather unusual rule since pets are welcomed with a dog park and plenty of dog waste stations scattered throughout the park. I did see a couple small kennels discreetly placed near a few campers. No one seemed to mind.

Bring some cash. Firewood is reasonably priced at $5.00 a bundle, but the owners charge an extra $2.50 if you use your credit card. Even if you buy multiple bundles, they still charge the extra $2.50 for each bundle.

As the other poster have stated, this park away from tourist areas to the west, but close enough if a day trip to those areas is what you want. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Head east from the park to visit Tinsley-Bible pharmacy and grill in Dandridge, then travel south to Chestnut Hill to visit the Bush Beans factory and visitor's center.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $59.00

Our second visit here (the first being two years ago), and it again earns high marks. We again stayed fairly near the pool (two thumbs up from our young grandson), but may try the upper level on a future visit. Beautiful lake views, park is extremely well kept, and the staff is exceptional. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

This location is far away enough from the madhouse that is Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but close enough and easily accessible if that's where you're wanting to spend some time.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $59.00

By far the best RV Resort we have ever stayed at or visited. Extremely clean, wide spaces and roads. Excellent staff members. Location is beautiful view of Douglas Lake and the Smokey Mountains. You are about 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge TN and about 30 minutes to Gatlinburg TN.

Campgrounds has lake frontage with boat launch, docks, swimming, and fishing available. Also has a pool. Beautiful bathhouse with private suites. There is very few sites with trees but the reason is because of blocking the view of the lake and mountains. The sites on the hill top are the furthest away from the pool and lake but they do have a few trees. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $65.00

This is a nice park BUT I will caution you on making a reservation. I had to cancel due to medical issue. They never issued a credit as they led me to believe. Poor business decision as we will never be back. If you due visit most sites are large, nice views. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

We rented a pontoon boat at a place down the street.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $69.00

Didn't notice when booking that this is an electric golf cart only resort. I was told due to insurance reasons. Clearly my fault, but sadly we hauled it in our toy hauler from the thumb of Michigan to only then sit all week. It wouldn't be a big deal, but watching the park admittedly allow children under the age of 10 drive carts around the park and $100,000 rigs all day is a bit mesmerizing. How is THAT safe, but an ordinary combustible engine is a safety concern?

In any event, the resort is clean, staff friendly and helpful enough I guess. Views of the lake should be great, but in our case the lake was drained 20-40 feet I'm told for the spring rains. That made for an unsightly view with dust storms whirling around the exposed lake bottom / shoreline. The fireplaces seemed like a cool idea, but were exactly that...cool. They give off little to no heat unlike a fire ring, and you can't really gather around them either. So I recommend skipping that cost. Sites are close together, and newly planted trees are going to be an issue in the future.

It's a long way away if you intend to spend much time in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg areas. Everything is a haul from here. We ran one tank of propane out while here, and the resort oddly does not fill tanks. Their suggestion was to make an 18 mile round trip to fill it at Tennessee RV. With a little research we found other RV resorts closer in town that filled them. Naturally they wouldn't recommend. Those resorts we have stayed at before.

I hate to come across as pinched up or bitter about the resort in this review, but nothing seemed to be quite right after check in. We will not return here.

Frankly, it's not worth the high premium unless you have a boat. Have everything you need because you're not going to "run out quick" for a gallon of milk...or propane. Save yourself the money and stay somewhere else. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $63.00

This is the best park we've stayed in. It is our second time here. It is well thought out. Even great wifi! They want you to clean up after your pet as all park do, but they have bags and containers for the bags at various places around the park. Beautiful scenery too. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

All the touristy things are close if you want them.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $81.00

Excellent moutain and lake views. Beautiful private fireplaces and long concrete pads for big rigs. Too far, at least an hour, from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Smoky Mountains. Rates are too high for March. Tiny dog park. Most sites are slightly out of level even with concrete pads. Bundle of wood is $7.50 with credit card. Lake level is ultra low during March, pool not open. Wifi worked well with empty campground. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Go west to main road for groceries, 15 minutes away.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $69.00

Not meant as a one night stopover but we're happy we did just to see the beautiful setting. Perched on a plateau overlooking the lake it's probably the prettiest CG/Resort anywhere. First class in every respect. One other word comes to mind: snooty. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Overlookig the lake

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $69.00

Beautiful park. Everything is well maintained and clean. Everyone who works there is incredibly friendly and eager to ensure that your stay is perfect. There are fire pits at each site and some are quite elaborate. Firewood is delivered directly to your site once purchased from the office and is relatively inexpensive.

Getting into the sites is a breeze as the roads in the park are nice and wide and the corners are well thought out. There's very little in the way of shade so satellite reception shouldn't be a concern. WiFi is offered but, as is common, can be iffy if the park fills up. Verizon cell and data service was strong and reliable, however, should you want to use your own connectivity.

The sites are a bit close together and if quiet is your thing I'd suggest avoiding the sites looking over the playground or pool areas as kids will be kids. But as you're well off the main roads, traffic noise is nearly non-existent.

If you're headed to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, this is where I'd stay. It's a bit out of the way, but well worth the extra drive. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Site 166

Are you affiliated with Anchor Down RV Resort?