Goodlettsville, Tennessee

708 N Main St
Goodlettsville, Tennessee 37072

Recent Rate: $38 5/2017

Latitude: 36.337469203983
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon,Sprint
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Cafe has a small menu. We got takeout our first night it was good. Small playground and that's it. Sites are very close. We didn't care since we planned to spend our time in Nashville, not at the park. If you plan to spend significant time there and have children you'd probably want more space and amenities. There is a train track close but it didn't bother us. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

We spend our time in Nashville. About a 20 minute drive. Had An Uber ride in at night and back. Went to the Grand Ole Opry. There is a huge mall right by it. Did not explore Goodlettsville except to buy gas and go to a Rite Aid

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

Park was easy to find and interior roads are gravel but good. There is wifi at our site but some sites may not pull it in. When I asked about wifi at site they were honest and said some did not have it. I requested a wifi site and they were able to accommodate me. Site was level, utilities are all convenient. There is no cable tv and our antenna said we had several stations, however, we were only able to get ABC & CBS and channels we really didn't want. The picture pixelated and sound came and went so watching the news was almost impossible. Did I mention trains? Park sits beside a very active track and some trains sound like they are coming right through our living room. Closing doors and AC doesn't help very much. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Downtown Nashville is easy to get to. Head for Broadway for the honkey tonk bars/restaurants. We were advised while there to get out before 2:30 p.m. unless we were planning to stay for the evening. Office staff start leaving downtown after 2:30 and it is chaos. Traffic seems to be heavy on interstates all day.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

This is a difficult park to review. The undeniable benefit of this park is the attitude of the family ownership and their employees. It is without a doubt the most customer-oriented park run by folk who want you to remember it in this context. They will assist you with anything and deliver service that goes beyond the pale of any park you have ever visited. They are determined to make you happy: if it were that simple. Other reviewers are correct; this is not a resort. There is no pool or onsite activities (other than local music on Thursday thru Sat evenings), no walking paths or dog runs. It is a place to park your RV while you pursue other venues or rest for the night. The sites are very tight as are the roads within the park. Many sites are so close to one another that there is barely room for a picnic table between them. We paid for full hookups but really didn't want to be camped on top of another RV so we chose to remain in the electric only overflow site. It was a case of some semblance of privacy vs. full hookups. I feel we overpaid for the site we occupied. But when you look at the other local campgrounds you find the rates here to be very reasonable. Grand Ole RV is better suited to smaller RV's and folks who want to know their neighbors really well. There are limited restroom and shower facilities in the office building so it is much better to be fully self -contained. CALL AHEAD as most sites are filled each day. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

OF-E

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Shelby Bottoms is a great place to walk and bike! Visit Broadway Street at least once!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

Has any one mentioned the Trains, that run right above the park several times a day? They don't blow their horns but the sound of the cars over the rails is deafening. Can't even hold a conversation. This is beyond the owner's control I know. The staff are very welcoming & helpful. The weekend evening concerts & karaoke is fun. The cafe is also very popular. The sites are very close together. Level with easy access to your services. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $33.00

I love this park! It's family owned and operated and they go out of their way to give you every possible assistance. Campers congregate in the camp store to socialize. On Thursdays, Friday's, and Saturdays there is entertainment and dinner available in the camp store. Everything is neat, tidy, and works! You will definitely want to spend more than one night here. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Hey, it's Nashville - Music City! Don't miss the live entertainment on the weekend at the camp store!

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $32.00

One of the reasons we chose this park was the family vibe we got from their website. I called and made a reservation and the woman I spoke with couldn't have been friendlier. We had a refrigerator problem and I called back to see if we could move our reservation a few days, depending on repairs. Absolutely no problem, and couldn't have been more sympathetic. When we arrived, I went inside and was warmly greeted. Paperwork was already prepared, and I was told someone would lead me to my site. By the time I walked back outside, a young man was there in a golf cart, led us to our pull-through site and offered to help us get hooked up. We declined only because we have a routine we follow, and it's just easier to do it ourselves. This is indeed a family owned and run park and it shows. The location made it easy to get to everything we wanted to see in Nashville, while being a few miles out of the city. Yes, there are trains, and yes, the emergency services love to use their sirens, but it was not a problem inside the motorhome. Our site was easy to access and exit, although it was a little narrow. Since we were there to see the history of and music scene in Nashville, this park was perfect for us. If we had been there to sit outside in lawn chairs under the awning, we'd have asked for a different site. All we were interested in was good utilities and a clean, safe place to park while seeing Nashville. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Site B

If you want to take a guided tour of Nashville, Gray Line offers several and they will pick you up and return you to the park. VERY convenient! Recommend you CALL Gray Line to book-their website only allows you to book 3 days later and makes it look like tours before that are full. We called, booked, and there were four of us in the morning, only the two of us in the afternoon! We had the bus to ourselves, and it became a very personal tour.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

The staff & owner are very friendly. However that doesn't outweight the negatives. The sites are uncomfortablily close, on gravel with some grass between with shade. We were in A, right as you pull into the campground. Therefore rigs pulled up next to our rig to check in. It was pull through, full hook up, no cable,wifi free but hit & miss. Got OTA TV on antenna. Campground is located next to train & you hear it. There's back in right next to the tracks. Some fill time residents that keep there site clean. Playground, propane fill. No dog walk but plenty of grass. Wouldn't return. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

A

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $33.00

If you expect to be treated with excellent customer service you should highly consider choosing this park. We arrived late evening on Saturday and the campground facility was fairly full. I went to check in at the office and was warmly welcomed while walking up from my vehicle to the office porch. After we finished paying and was ready to proceed to our site, I realized that the man and lady that welcomed us into the office area was also going to help me find my assigned site. I shared with him the map that the lady at the counter had given me and he looked at it and said, he didn't think that I would be happy with the assigned site due to the way the electrical and sewer/water connections were positioned on the site. He quickly without hesitation invited me to hop onto his golf cart and rode me to the assigned site for review. While in process of going to the originally assigned site he suggested that he take me by a pull thru site that would accommodate my travel trailer and he thought I would be happier with. The owner, his son(Tommy Jr.) and all the staff were very pleasant at all times. The campground has ample gravel on the large interior roads as well as most sites. The 30 amp service that we had was exactly as rated and we never experienced amperage drops with many air conditioners running due to hot temperatures. There is a train track near the back of the property and the trains pass by often during working hours, but never blow their horn passing thru and wasn't really ever a bother. Some of the sites in the exterior loops are very close together, but doable, however, the sites on the interior sections have good space to accommodate most rigs. I would stay here again. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $34.00

This was the first time we stayed at this park. I can't say enough about the family that runs the park. Great people. The ladies that work inside were great. Good food also. The owners son is a great guy and was very helpful. Only stayed one night, but will stay there again when we go that way next year(2017). They will actually give you a ride in their golf cart limo! We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

The first thing you notice when you pull in is how big the place is, how nice the office/store looks from the road. Once you get into the park you then notice they pack them in like sardines here. The lots are all pretty much double ups and close to your neighbors, they do have single pad locations for smaller units. The family that owns it is very nice, they get to know you from the minute you walk in the door. Their Store is great if you love beer, but is limited on other items. They do have an on premise cafe, which we did not use. They are all about kindness here, making sure everything is okay. Goodlettsville is just down 45 less than 2 minutes and it is easy access to I-65 if you need it. Nashville lower Broadway is 18 minutes away via 65. They have live music, but again we did not partake as it appears it is inside the office/store.

We stayed here two weeks for work and while it further out than others to Nashville, we found it to be very quiet and peaceful. The train tracks are right next door, but they don't blow their whistle and inside the trailer you really don't notices it a whole lot. Not a distraction for us. We would come back here if we need a stay this long. For the price and location, Its a steal. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Other

Plan ahead if using this as your base for Nashville, its only 15 minutes away, but know where you are going first.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $35.00

The clerk who checked us in was not polite, but the person who escorted us to our site and helped us get situated was very, very good - helpful and friendly. The sites are not good - way too close together - very, very crowded. The entire park is all gravel - very difficult for walking - no landscaping by any of the sites. The trains are loud, but we expected this based on previous reviews. This is NOT a resort and should not be called an RV Resort, mostly seasonal and workers needing an affordable place to stay - good folks - but call it a "park" - not a "resort!" The only advantage of this park over the other nearby parks is that it is far more affordable than the others. If you plan on staying nearby to visit Nashville and can afford to stay at one of the pricier places (that are closer to Nashville) - I would definitely advise that you take a pass on this one. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $34.00

The Web page shows this lovely office with a front porch. This was about the only thing pretty about it. The people running it were nice and wish I could have said that much about the park itself. Uneven site, never weeded the little bit of gravel there was. NO cable, which would have been fine, except no antenna TV either. No wifi and I think we were next to all the full timers who didn't take care of their spaces.

Other people mentioned the train that ran all time next to most of the sites. We were next to the road and the train nearby but weren't bothered by the noise. Sites very disorganized and WAY too close together. Our slide out was literally 6 inches from the trailer next to us. Very narrow roads and sites. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $33.00

Streets are narrow and gravel, so maneuvering can be a bit challenging for larger RVs. The RR tracks are about 50' behind the outside row of RV sites and traffic on the track is heavy. Some food service and there is music 3 evenings a week, such as it is. The staff were efficient and helpful and are probably the strongest point of this park. Many workers of various types in long term sites with accompanying collections of "stuff" and vehicles.

We might stop for one night in the future, but not for any longer stay. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Sand

The park is a long distance from the city or Grand Ole Opry.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

Their web site only shows the office. Now I know why. Campground is unkept, terrible odor in the office, staff not friendly and very loud. They call it a resort, but there is no fire pit, cable tv or picnic table at our site. No swimming pool. No dog run. Train is right next to park and runs all night. They handle the food with no gloves, even wonder if they are required to have a food handlers permit. Will never stay again. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $32.00

We stayed at this campground for a week while visiting Nashville. Their slogan is, "you will never be appreciated more anywhere else" and it is definitely true. The staff couldn't have been any friendlier or more helpful. The roads and sites are gravel but well-maintained and level. The sites were a little narrow but very long; we had no problem with room for our slides or awning. The meals served at the little cafe were great. There was no Cable TV but we were able to get many channels off the antenna. All hook-ups worked well. There was live entertainment several nights plus they escorted us into Nashville for more live music. Driving in downtown Nashville is a nightmare but they were minutes away from several MTA bus stops where, for $1.70 per trip ($0.85 for seniors) or $5.25 for an all-day pass, you could ride into town and pick up the free shuttle that would take you all around town in comfort. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Grand Ole RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Too many to mention; Grand Ole Opry, many museums, music everywhere.

Are you affiliated with Grand Ole RV Resort?