Harrison Bay State Park

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Harrison Bay State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $30.00

Small, close and not very level sites for what I expect from a state park campground. Clean facilities and friendly staff. Free WiFi is a perk. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Tent Trailer.

B31
Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

They had only one site left, B3. It was NOT big-rig friendly, although we managed to get in and out without hitting anything. There are four campground areas. It looks like A, C, and D may be bigger and easier to maneuver. Office people friendly and helpful. No site that I saw was level. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B3

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

There is a long lead-in road to the campground (about a mile), so it's probably about 6 miles to shopping down on route 58. Great place for a pop-up or Class C. I won't bring my fifth wheel back unless I find out that the other camping areas are big-rig friendlier.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $17.00

The sites are tight and some are very very unlevel. Pay attention to the website when selected a site. Section B and C have the worst unlevel sites. Both do have some very level sites too. The park does have a pool and playground for those that have families. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Travel Trailer.

B26

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

We visited Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Chattanooga National Cemetery, Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, and Chattanooga Zoo (very small but nice). Stores and restaurants are within 15 minutes from Park.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $21.00

HUGE difference between camping loops and individual sites, so take care what you pick. I have a 25' motorhome with no toad, so loop B was OK for me, although sites are much more close together than I like. If I were much bigger or had a vehicle, as well, options for suitable sites in B loop would have been much more limited. As many previous reviews note, turns are tight, the loop road is poorly marked, and leveling challenges range from moderate to nightmare, depending on your site and what you are driving. From what I could see walking around, Loop C is a little better than B. Loop A is much better for larger rigs (also a great loop if you have kids since it has a huge field in the middle, a playground, and the pool is an easy walk away). Loop D is primitive for tent camping only but was closed for construction when I was there. Bathroom dated but clean. Over-the-air TV signal and Verizon both came in good. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Motorhome.

B45

Featured Campgrounds Near Harrison Bay State Park

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $39.00

Harrison Bay is a beautiful campground, with beautiful views. The staff was nearly non existent, and the one person I did see was not very friendly. The campsites were great, roomy and level. Being that there was no sewer hookup, we used the bathhouse for showering. Per their own cleaning schedule on the door, the bathhouse had not been cleaned in 8 days, nor was it cleaned during the 4 days we were there. They pretty much looked like 1970's rest areas. It is really a shame, the campground itself is so nice. However, if you aren't going to offer sewer hookup, at least clean the bathrooms. We traveled approximately 5 hours to get there, and as much as I would like to say we would come back, we most likely won't. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Chattanooga is only 20 or so minutes away, and there is plenty of activities there.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $22.00

Beautiful location on the main channel of Chicamauga Lake / Tennessee River. This review is for the campground only. Checked in on a Friday afternoon. As I waited for the clerk to finish her phone call I could tell she was clearly stressed. My check in went smoothly but not personable. The campground was laid out oddly. Some lots ample while others were crammed right up against others. The drives and patios were all paved and level. Good walking trails, playground, pool, etc. Reserve well in advance if you want a waterfront site. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Travel Trailer.

A17

Maybe 10-15 minutes from I-75. Stores within park and nearby outside of park.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $20.00

We came in on a Monday so there were few campers. As the sites were all paved, the roads were poorly marked and you couldn't tell the road from the campsites. Most were pull thrus which was nice but bad for trying to find your site. We drove thru a few sites before we went out and came in again and the camp host helped us. She was Awesome! It was so hard to get in and out of the site we were on. As a 5th wheel the pad humped in the middle making it tough to unhitch the truck. There were also too many trees for easy ingress and egress. The previous camper had shimmied up a tree and put a come-along between 2 trees because one leaned too far down and he would have scrapped his roof. We had to drive out the wrong way to get out. We liked the camp and the easy access to the lake. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B23

Obstacles

We loved Rock City. We wouldn't have gone but the camp host raved about it so we went and loved it! Also head downtown there is a free hop on hop off bus that takes you south and another takes you north across the river. Go across the river cool shops and a wonderful old carousel to ride. Then walk back across the river.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $22.00

No one cleaned the bathrooms on the weekends. Sites in area B are too hard to get a big rv in and there was a lot of people complaining about it. The rangers need to patrol the area more than twice a day that we noticed for two weeks. Some days it was only once. Maybe we would have not got stuff stolen from our camp site! We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B-4

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

This state park needs to think about the big rvs pulling through area B because it is not easy at all and so uneven. When on the web site it says slightly graded, which is not true at all.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $21.00

I like the "A" section of this park. In a motorhome it is the only section we could get into. This park is close to Chattanooga for shopping or sight seeing. It is a clean, quiet park. I would go back. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Motorhome.

A Loop

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $43.00

We had a lovely waterfront campsite. We walked through loop B and decided that wouldn't be a good option for us, as most sites aren't level. Loop A is definitely a better choice. We didn't use any of the facilities. We were glad that we heeded the warning about big rigs and sites 36-41. The loop at that end is a very tight turn. Our motor home would not be able to make the turn. I'm guessing the rate. No discount for premium sites. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Motorhome.

A42

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $20.00

As I've been making my way through the US, Chattanooga was on my must see list. The city is known for being very outdoorsy and picturesque. I was not disappointed. Chattanooga itself has a lot to see and do. Lookout Mountain, hiking, biking, fishing. It's a beautiful town with fun dining and shopping opportunities. As for close by campgrounds, Harrison Bay fit the bill. Only about 20 min drive from downtown Chattanooga and pretty easy to get to off the highway. The cost was also quite low. That was about all this place had going for it. It's pretty clear some updating is in order. The A loop has been updated and it shows. Unfortunately it was completely booked and I was unable to get into the A loop so I ended up in the C loop. If you have anything over 30ft, this is a challenge. I have a 34 ft RV and it was a struggle getting into my site. I didn't even have the worst of it. There were other sites even harder to get into. It's clear this is get together central for locals. When Friday rolled around the park filled to 100% with kids everywhere. The spots are so close together you can practically reach out and touch your neighbor. Not my cup of tea. I will say the people were all nice and not overly rowdy. They seemed like family folk out for a good time with their kids. Site accessibility (I barely made it in. I saw other people also struggling) - 1 Campground location (20 minutes to Chattanooga) - 4 Nearby amenities (Shopping fairly close by) - 3 Site Privacy (Doesn't get much worse) - 1 Campground amenities (Bathrooms were gross. No laundry.) - 1 Dog friendly (Dogs allowed everywhere but trails were minimal) - 3 Activities (hiking trails but they weren't very good. The lake was pretty) - 3 Cost ($20/night for 50 amp/water but no sewer) - 4 Staff friendliness (No hosts onsite but rangers patrolled and they were polite) - 3 Connectivity (Decent signal w/out a booster for both ATT and Verizon. Good OTA TV) - 3 Total rating = 2.6. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Motorhome.

C38

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $16.00

Always good safe park ! Clean, beautiful and quite pet friendly, many places to swim and parks. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Travel Trailer.

B36

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $20.00

The sites are somewhat difficult, trees close, road quite narrow. Back in was possible, though difficult. Bath/restrooms were very dirty according to husband. Otherwise, peaceful and quiet area. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Travel Trailer.

35 A

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Off the beaten path near Chattanoog and on the water, Harrison Bay of the Tennessee River.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $19.00

Nice park. If you have something over 32 feet or have a long bed tow vehicle try to get in the A loop. B loop is very crowded and tight. Took a lot of backing and straightening to get in and out of B35 because we were long. Otherwise it's a great park. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B35

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $19.00

This is beautiful location a little off the beaten path. We enjoyed and plan to return. Bathrooms suffered on the weekend maybe with bigger crowd than had been anticipated. We camped at Harrison Bay State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

a-19

Check out the Dockside restaurant at the marina. Good food and reasonable pricing. Hamilton Place shopping center only a few miles away.

Featured Campgrounds Near Harrison Bay State Park

Are you affiliated with Harrison Bay State Park ?