Volunteer Park Family Campground

Heiskell, Tennessee

9514 Diggs Gap Rd
Heiskell, Tennessee 37754

Ask fellow campers about "Volunteer Park Family Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

We didn't get a good impression of this park when we first drove in, but it turned out to be fine, once we got checked in and drove through the permanent resident area and got to our pull-through. The pull through's are plenty long and pretty well spaced. As far as I could tell, they are all concrete pads with gravel entry and exit drives. The exit drive on our site sloped down quite a bit and made it a little tricky to unhitch and hitch. Overall, a good experience. The staff and manager were friendly and helpful. We'd stay here again if in the area. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Close enough to the Pigeon Forge,Gatlinburg area for a day trip.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $36.00

Small amount of trash on our site when we arrived. Permanent sites contained a lot of older dirty looking campers. I do not feel this campground is well supervised or maintained. Too many people LIVE there and go to work at 5 to 5:30 a.m. very noisily, plus road noise. Lots are mostly very small. Husband had to clean the shower before he got in. I suggest separate lots for nightly guests, not in with the permanent population. Won't return. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Florida

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $36.00

Stayed here during football weekend in Knoxville. Easy drive into Knoxville. WiFi was adequate during our stay. Lots of trees and tight spots. Park was quiet and friendly. Had to unhook towed vehicle. I was able to use satellite at site 92. Park had 8 washer and dryer units. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Great site. Was a bit unsure about the camp before we arrive but it was close to friend we were going to visit. The camp was packed when we came (Sunday of the long weekend in Sept.) but people left the next day. A pool was refreshing for swimming. Site was great. Concrete pad. People friendly. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Volunteer Park Family Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $27.00

We had reserved a Water & Electric Only Site and since we arrive early in the afternoon we were guided to a "Pull Thru" site since we have a TOAD on a Tow Dolly. The Pull Thru is actually the side of the road that everyone using the back in sites needs to traverse to back into their site. Four people knocked on our unit to tell us they were going to be close to us as they backed in. by close I mean within inches of our RV. Good thing we had no plans to sit outside or extend our awning. We only spent one night and left before anyone tried to leave. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice park off I-75 north of Knoxville. We were traveling west on I-40 and found this campground to be convenient for an overnight stop. We would stay here again. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $39.00

Was not very satisfied with this campground. We stayed overnight on two occasions during a trip from SC to OH. On the trip up we were given site 91 which was just long enough to not have to unhook our tow. Picnic tables were not in too good of shape. On the trip home when I checked in I requested site 91 again and was told that it was not available due to someone coming in for a week. They put us at site 93 instead and in order to get our motor home level we had to unhook our tow. We also noticed that no one was in site 91 which we requested so it had been available. The roads were pretty tight and not too easy to maneuver. I would not recommend this campground for anyone with a motor coach. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

91 and 93

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

A medium quality park. Few options for the Knoxville area. Lots of trees. Excellent Wi-Fi at our site. A very nice pool. Laundry excellent. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Knoxville has lots to offer. Museum of Appalachia was a very pleasant surprise and close to the campground.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $24.00

Just a quick overnight on my trip from Ohio to Georgia. Arrived late and left early. It got COLD and I am glad I could hook up to the electric. They have "Night Registration" info at the office. Have stayed before and would stay again. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Space E

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $28.00

We stayed here two nights to attend a women's basketball game on UT campus. Excellent location, the site had level concrete pad for the camper which was wonderful since it was raining when we were setting up and disconnecting. Sites were relatively close together but had grass and some trees inbetween and slanted in ways that gave a sense of more space and privacy. Office staff very friendly and helpful. This park completely met our needs for this stay. Internet and cable worked great. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

My rate reflects weekly rate. This campground is aged and at least half its sites seem to be permanent campers. Some units have an aluminum carport built over, some just have tarps, lots of stuff around them....I even saw a refrigerator outside one. My site was sloped and narrow. Could not use the picnic table because it sloped so bad....it was also old and moldy. Ladies restroom by the pool was aged but clean. Only 2 shower stalls and very tight. Couldn't get the cable to work but got a lot of channels using my antenna. Office people were very friendly, the park had a free BBQ of pulled pork, cold salads and beans. Guests were requested to bring a dessert. Very nice. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Poor Conditions

Lots to do in Knoxville except parking with my truck was hard to find. Oak Ridge has the Museum of Science and Energy...great place to learn about the Manhattan Project. One or two exits south on I-75 had plenty of places to eat.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $32.00

The good: Close to I-75. Staff very friendly. Good cable. Wi-Fi signal was strong but I used my jet pack. Cement pads and nicely wooded. Many pull thru sites and all had fire ring and picnic table. All hook ups are close. The Not so good: They don't guide you to your site. Turns are tight. Many trees so could not use awning. I had a 44 foot site but had to park rig down hill to keep toad hooked up so was way off level. 30 amp breaker would not work so used the 50 w/adapter. Park voltage was 113 with the a/c on so used my autoformer. Assigned site 83 but somebody was on it. Moved to site 81. Staff was spray painting so could not use a bigger site that was more $. Many 15-20 year old permanent rigs with lots of junk but the people seemed friendly. Our fire ring had broken down wood furniture in it. This park was ok for an overnight but I did not care for the issues we had. Took us about 30 minutes just to get a site and drove around the park 3 times. We will not be back. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

81 On Georgia

Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $27.00

Staff was nice enough. Pool was clean. Campsites were not identified so it was tricky finding where we were supposed to be. There were no garbage receptacles at the sites. It appears there are very many permanent residents there and most of their places are terribly junked up. The view from our campsite was ridiculous (I posted a picture). There was one bathroom/shower in the area we camped. It doesn't have proper ventilation so everything in there stayed steamy wet from hot showers. There were two showers by the pool and one didn't have any hot water but they were clean. It was okay for our stay (because we were only there to sleep) but I don't think I would want to bring a family here. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Tent Trailer.

T 12
Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

Considering that we were charged an extra $5.00 for a "premium" site, I was expecting better. The light was out on the power box. The concrete pad was cracked and busted. Our premium picnic table was rotting and gross. The park was a work camp, which one could say was a family campground. When walking my dog, the sites were littered with trash, broken plastic utensils and the like. Extremely disappointing and not somewhere I would recommend, especially for the price per night. You don't get what you pay for. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

There was nothing to do but the campground was easy access from I75N.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

Nice park, lots of shade, a lot of truck noise from nearby road. Good wifi and cable very level pad, did not have to use levelers. Highly recommend. We camped at Volunteer Park Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Volunteer Park Family Campground

Are you affiliated with Volunteer Park Family Campground ?