Buffalo / I-40 KOA

Hurricane Mills, Tennessee

Recent Rate: $34 11/2014

Latitude: 35.8810356441958

This is an older KOA and needs work. The sites are not long and if you try to make an on-line reservation, you will be asked to unhook your rig to get onto certain sites. The sites are not level and they are close together. Wi-Fi was very poor and road noise was an issue. There's not much to do in the area so this is a park for an overnight stay while passing through the area but there's nothing here to entice you to stay longer. The Log Cabin Restaurant, on the corner about 1/2 mile from the park, is very good. An RVer beside us decided to start his diesel truck at 4 AM and let it run beside us for over 30 minutes. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

usa rv12344848

Sites narrow & close together. Utilities worked fine. This is your typical KOA. Needs a little work. It is one of those parks that has gone to Sat service because they can't handle digital. For the price they need to expand the TV package. It is tough on a Mon night not to have football. It has been on for over 40 years but maybe the owner of the park is not a football fan We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

NMCamper

Maybe if you've got a rig with an automatic, heavy-duty leveling system, this place is okay. But for us, with a medium-size (27') motor home towing a car that we did not want to unhook for an overnight stop in the rain, it's not so great. We signed in and set off for our pull-through site, which turned out to be so far off level that we could not get it right with our 2-tier leveling blocks. After struggling for a while, we were offered another site, which turned out to be even worse. Truth is, we did not see a single level site in the entire park, which runs downhill. It's so bad that an entire row of sites abruptly drops off around the middle of their spaces. There were only 2 other RVs in this park when we arrived shortly before sunset. It felt sad and tired, as if nobody has put any effort into it in a long time. Did appreciate that the owner/manager offered to return our money, which we accepted. That, at least, was classy. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

sassien24502

Quiet, clean, lovely wooded campground with gas stations and restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again. There is a fenced pet area, a swimming pool, and a small store. The restrooms were older but very clean. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

padre44

Park needs some work. Site not level, and small. Not crowded so we had space but if all sites were taken, would have been rough. Strange placement of picnic tables. Advertised as WiFi, but on registering, was told that it was satellite and slow. Also says on map that it is only around office area. It was horrible and mostly unusable. Nice dog run. Noisy from interstate. Cable limited, but other utilities worked well. We would not stay again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

virginianola

This is a very nice small KOA. It is well-organized and the staff is helpful. There are flowers in small pots at each site, they pick up the trash, and the hook-ups all work fine. Even the water pressure is good. There is a small but clean dog run (fenced), a pool, and a playground. There are a lot of trees and the overall feeling is peaceful and well-maintained. The only thing to complain about is the road noise from I-40, which is white noise but definitely there. A very pleasant overnight stop. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

wmvan2740

Very nice KOA snuggled back in the trees in a little valley park. It was quiet even though it wasn't far from the interstate. We would stay here again! We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

squeek33

The owners were very nice and the park was very clean. In fact, they were such nice people that I hate to give the park such a low rating but $35 and No Sewer in a pull through sight was unreasonably high and the truth is the highway noise was the loudest I have ever heard at any park. We might of well just parked in the emergency lane of I-40 and spent the night. I have stayed in many KOA and highway and train noise is just to be expected but this was the worse. KOA must have laughed all the way to the bank when they sold these people this property. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

afletch

I wanted to rate it higher because of the easy access and pull through sites, but the noise from the highway was deafening. If you don't mind that then this is a great overnight park. I'd be hesitant about anything bigger than 40' because as you exit the pull through site the ground drops off right away and puts the middle of the coach dangerously close to bottoming out. We are 40' and so were our neighbors, who I watched them pull out, and seeing how close they came really got my "pucker-factor" up. Double check it with the owners, they are very nice people. Overall, this is a nice park. I just couldn't reconcile the noise with the price charged. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

VrkFamily

We didn't have reservation's and arrived in the night. Grounds very dark,sites very small unlevel and gravel, and the steady stream of rain Site markers we not visible. Staff was not pleasant the night of registration, hoping it was because of bad weather, but was not pleasant the next day either. No amenities were open when we where here except washrooms which were clean. It's an okay location for a quick sleep while traveling but that's about it. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

jdtex

The campground staff are very friendly and helpful. I arrived after dark and the site map was waiting for me. The grounds were clean, as were the bathrooms and showers. Highway noise was an issue in the tent area of the campground, but on the "plus" side, there is a nearby modern truck stop that stocks many items. I will stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

diamondg

This is an ok overnight stay. The campground was clean, and the management friendly. Excellent cable TV connections. It's on the side of a hill with I-40 close by so if you don't like highway noise, this isn't the one. There's another road right behind it, but it seemed quiet. It's easily accessible and good for an overnight stay. This is our second time staying here. We would stay here each time we pass through TN on I-40. Sites are a little short, but adequate with no extra space. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

reddie

We agree with the above reviews regarding interior roads being rough, and very little lighting. Very loud highway noise. The spaces were very tight (we have 4 slides), with dense trees. The staff were not friendly. We won't stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

jangle

Got here late at night (around 11:45 pm) so the overall park is hard to describe. The hook-ups were good enough to get setup in the dark. Sites look a bit short. Trash picked up daily on site was a plus. Overall I would say: your average KOA, overpriced but good in a pinch for overnight. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

McNamara's Band

I gave the rating based on the fact the manager was friendly and it appears as if they're trying to do the right thing, but this is not a nice campground at all. One side is practically in the shoulder of the highway, and the backside is a dirt road with no fence separating the locals speeding up and down the back roads. Lots of highway noise and we didn't feel safe at all without any separation from wanderers from outside the camp. It's located behind a truck stop which had more than their share of people holding cardboard signs at the exit. No campfires at our site so we had to travel to a tent site which was located even closer to the highway. There is a pool (which wasn't open) but I doubt we'll ever find out whether it enhances the experience. Bottom line not a nice area, not a nice camp. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Buffalo / I-40 KOA?