Buffalo / I-40 KOA

Recent Rate: $43 7/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

I have a 30' Bumper Pull travel trailer. Most sites are short. We parked in a pull thru site that that was barely long enough for truck & trailer. Sewer dump was at the front of the site close to 20' from my dump outlet. Had to pull half way out the next morning in-order to dump my tanks. They do have a dump station but it was pretty busy with everyone leaving 1st thing that morning.

The pull thru sites are kind of close together and for that reason we were not allowed to have a campfire which we were really looking forward to after a long day on the road.

Very clean KOA. Would probably stay here again as an over-nighter, if we could get a site with more room and allowed us to have a fire. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

Park was clean and had lots of trees. It was also quiet and mostly used as an overnight stop, which is why we stayed here (we did not have a reservation). The park was a little tight navigating our 43.5' 5th wheel, however, it was able to be done without a lot of work since the park was mostly empty; if it had been dark or more busy, it would have been difficult to navigate. Site was not very level and was just long enough for the RV. But for an overnight stop, it was OK. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches

There was a Pilot/Flying J just off the highway and on the way to/from the campground.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $40.00

Didn't like this place at all but had to stay somewhere. Sites are very close, the road noise was the worst I have ever experienced. This is a old KOA and it shows it. The dog run is a joke. I guess if you have to get off the road for the night its OK but I wouldn't want to stay here longer then that. Verizon worked OK. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $47.00

Nice park over all but the sites were kind of close. Our utility hookup was on the neighbor's spot. Pros: Wi-Fi and cable channels were provided. Staff was really friendly and welcoming. There is a nice little camping/snack store. Cons: The spots are really not level. Our utility pole was on the neighbor's pad and it felt kind of awkward going on his/her pad to attach connections. Kind of pricy for the quality of the setup; gravel roads, some places had flower pots some didn't, some had picnic tables some didn't. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

Just like the other reviewers, we stayed at this campground for one night while returning from Pigeon Forge to San Antonio. The sites are very unlevel and like the other reviewers said, we never were able to level as much as we would have liked to. But we managed for the night. Wifi was a joke but we were told that up front. There's a decent size dog pet run that our 'kids' appreciated. Ate dinner at the Log Cabin which was okay. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Log Cabin is a decent, closeby place to eat dinner.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $34.00

This is an older KOA and needs work. The sites are not long and if you try to make an on-line reservation, you will be asked to unhook your rig to get onto certain sites. The sites are not level and they are close together. Wi-Fi was very poor and road noise was an issue. There's not much to do in the area so this is a park for an overnight stay while passing through the area but there's nothing here to entice you to stay longer. The Log Cabin Restaurant, on the corner about 1/2 mile from the park, is very good. An RVer beside us decided to start his diesel truck at 4 AM and let it run beside us for over 30 minutes. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $38.00

Sites narrow & close together. Utilities worked fine. This is your typical KOA. Needs a little work. It is one of those parks that has gone to Sat service because they can't handle digital. For the price they need to expand the TV package. It is tough on a Mon night not to have football. It has been on for over 40 years but maybe the owner of the park is not a football fan We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $30.00

Maybe if you've got a rig with an automatic, heavy-duty leveling system, this place is okay. But for us, with a medium-size (27') motor home towing a car that we did not want to unhook for an overnight stop in the rain, it's not so great. We signed in and set off for our pull-through site, which turned out to be so far off level that we could not get it right with our 2-tier leveling blocks. After struggling for a while, we were offered another site, which turned out to be even worse. Truth is, we did not see a single level site in the entire park, which runs downhill. It's so bad that an entire row of sites abruptly drops off around the middle of their spaces. There were only 2 other RVs in this park when we arrived shortly before sunset. It felt sad and tired, as if nobody has put any effort into it in a long time. Did appreciate that the owner/manager offered to return our money, which we accepted. That, at least, was classy. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

Quiet, clean, lovely wooded campground with gas stations and restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again. There is a fenced pet area, a swimming pool, and a small store. The restrooms were older but very clean. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $33.00

Park needs some work. Site not level, and small. Not crowded so we had space but if all sites were taken, would have been rough. Strange placement of picnic tables. Advertised as WiFi, but on registering, was told that it was satellite and slow. Also says on map that it is only around office area. It was horrible and mostly unusable. Nice dog run. Noisy from interstate. Cable limited, but other utilities worked well. We would not stay again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $35.00

This is a very nice small KOA. It is well-organized and the staff is helpful. There are flowers in small pots at each site, they pick up the trash, and the hook-ups all work fine. Even the water pressure is good. There is a small but clean dog run (fenced), a pool, and a playground. There are a lot of trees and the overall feeling is peaceful and well-maintained. The only thing to complain about is the road noise from I-40, which is white noise but definitely there. A very pleasant overnight stop. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $32.00

Very nice KOA snuggled back in the trees in a little valley park. It was quiet even though it wasn't far from the interstate. We would stay here again! We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $35.00

The owners were very nice and the park was very clean. In fact, they were such nice people that I hate to give the park such a low rating but $35 and No Sewer in a pull through sight was unreasonably high and the truth is the highway noise was the loudest I have ever heard at any park. We might of well just parked in the emergency lane of I-40 and spent the night. I have stayed in many KOA and highway and train noise is just to be expected but this was the worse. KOA must have laughed all the way to the bank when they sold these people this property. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $34.00

I wanted to rate it higher because of the easy access and pull through sites, but the noise from the highway was deafening. If you don't mind that then this is a great overnight park. I'd be hesitant about anything bigger than 40' because as you exit the pull through site the ground drops off right away and puts the middle of the coach dangerously close to bottoming out. We are 40' and so were our neighbors, who I watched them pull out, and seeing how close they came really got my "pucker-factor" up. Double check it with the owners, they are very nice people. Overall, this is a nice park. I just couldn't reconcile the noise with the price charged. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $35.00

The campground staff are very friendly and helpful. I arrived after dark and the site map was waiting for me. The grounds were clean, as were the bathrooms and showers. Highway noise was an issue in the tent area of the campground, but on the "plus" side, there is a nearby modern truck stop that stocks many items. I will stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Buffalo / I-40 KOA?