Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA

Hurricane Mills, Tennessee

473 Barrren Hollow Road
Hurricane Mills, Tennessee 37078

Ask fellow campers about "Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $39.00

We had an overnight stay at this KOA on our way to the Nashville area. Overall it was a decent place for an overnight stop; close to the Interstate. The owners were very friendly, and stopped by in the evening to visit. They also had a good recommendation for a restaurant nearby (the Log Cabin Restaurant; NOT the Loretta Lynn buffet). The site was a gravel pad, but was very uneven. I was at the top of my Anderson levelers and still not quite level. The site was also tight; I had to disconnect and park sideways to keep the road clear. I used the laundry and it worked fine; $1.50 per machine. An OK place to stay for a night. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Log Cabin restaurant.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $41.00

Typical KOA campground, which for us means very positive. The people were very friendly. The site was quite satisfactory. We were only there for one night, passing through. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

Small, shady, well-kept campground with pool, horseshoe pit, and volleyball court. Buildings are outdated inside, but restrooms are clean. Gravel roads with pull-thru sites which are generally level side to side but sloping front to back. Pull-thru sites are very long, narrow and shaded. Lots of highway noise since interstate is adjacent, but the park itself is down a very quiet country road. While perfectly adequate for an overnight stay, I was surprised that this much older RV park charged a higher rate than a newer campground where we had stayed. Perhaps that explains why the host gave us an automatic discount after we had checked in late at night. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $37.00

1 yr owners (Penny was at counter) have great attitude and helpful. Older KOA has been updated with new showers and all around spiffiness. Great cable tv and internet. Nearby restaurant (near entrance was very good and good$$). We stayed here in our 22' class B MH and would stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

We had no tow vehicle.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

New very friendly owners. Bathrooms are older but pristine. The pool is large, immaculate and inviting. New playground area has been added. It would be a pleasant stay with children. Very convenient from freeway, but then a bit of freeway noise, which we did not notice with vent fan. Level pull through slots. Great stay. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Nice quiet stopover far enough from I40 to be pretty quiet. Our pull thru was sloped down in front, but level side to side with lots of trees-no dish, but they do have cable. We had a lot of rain, but it drained well so not muddy. The staff was very friendly and recommended a great restaurant. Fuel is also close by. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

The staff recommended the Log Cabin restaurant and it was excellent! Great southern food and friendly staff, if you leave hungry, it is your own fault!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

We stayed here for one night while traveling along I40 West in a 31' Class C motorhome. The park is easy to get to and is only a short distance from I40. The road to the park is adequate. Check-in was easy, and we had an escort to the site. Roads in the park are a bit tight. We were parked at the end of a row for those passing through. The site was just long enough for our motorhome and Jeep, and the owner placed a cone behind us to close the road. We had an outlet through the end of the road since we were on the end, but others parking next to us down the road would not be able to use their toad if they have a bigger rig with anyone parking after they come in. Our site was level, and water/electric worked well. We did not have a sewer hookup. We did not try to set up satellite or TV, but Verizon cell service was strong. This was a convenient overnight, but might have felt differently if we had arrived after others due to toad parking. We were here on a week night, it may have been jammed during the week. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

The Log Cabin Restaurant right down the road had decent food at a good price.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

We stopped here to get off the road after what seemed like a long stretch without campgrounds along I-40 between Memphis and Nashville. We arrived after office hours, but a staff member still came and guided us to our campsite. The campground is built on the side of a hill (this is Tennessee after all) and the sites are reasonably level. Our nose was a little bit downhill from our tail, but not so much that our jacks couldn't adjust it. You can see I-40 through the trees. We could hear semi air brakes - but they didn't interrupt our sleep. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

This KOA is a muddy mess. Most all sites are not level and are in need of gravel. Stayed in a pull thru which turned out to be a pull in with no egress for towed vehicle because the sites were so short that the back access road was used as part of the pull thru. After 2 rigs are pulled in the 1st one parked can't get their towed vehicle out. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

This park claims to have pull-thrus. I reserved a 50amp full hook up. When I arrived I had to take a 30amp. The way they park you if you don't get there early you won't get your 50amp spot. After you pull in there isn't room for anyone to get by with tow vehicle. I won't stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $43.00

Only stayed overnight and was adequate. A nice setting among the trees but the highway traffic noise was evident. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

Small park close to I40. Interior roads and sites paved with dirt and gravel. About 6 feet between spaces. Wifi and cable were good. Satellite didn't work because of trees. My site was not really long enough for my 43 foot motorhome. However, the park has section of pull-throughs at end of row that they make long enough by blocking road behind the toad. This worked perfectly fine and I didn't have to disconnect. Very nice for stop over along I40, I would stay here again. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

Park was clean and had lots of trees. It was also quiet and mostly used as an overnight stop, which is why we stayed here (we did not have a reservation). The park was a little tight navigating our 43.5' 5th wheel, however, it was able to be done without a lot of work since the park was mostly empty; if it had been dark or more busy, it would have been difficult to navigate. Site was not very level and was just long enough for the RV. But for an overnight stop, it was OK. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches

There was a Pilot/Flying J just off the highway and on the way to/from the campground.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

I have a 30' Bumper Pull travel trailer. Most sites are short. We parked in a pull thru site that that was barely long enough for truck & trailer. Sewer dump was at the front of the site close to 20' from my dump outlet. Had to pull half way out the next morning in-order to dump my tanks. They do have a dump station but it was pretty busy with everyone leaving 1st thing that morning.

The pull thru sites are kind of close together and for that reason we were not allowed to have a campfire which we were really looking forward to after a long day on the road.

Very clean KOA. Would probably stay here again as an over-nighter, if we could get a site with more room and allowed us to have a fire. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $40.00

Didn't like this place at all but had to stay somewhere. Sites are very close, the road noise was the worst I have ever experienced. This is a old KOA and it shows it. The dog run is a joke. I guess if you have to get off the road for the night its OK but I wouldn't want to stay here longer then that. Verizon worked OK. We camped at Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA

Are you affiliated with Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA ?