Kingsport, Tennessee

• Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Sprint
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $24.00

We enjoyed an overnight stay in the campground at this state park. Park attendants were efficient and helpful. Our campsite #22 overlooked the Holston River. Be sure to review sites carefully before reserving as they vary in size, quality and scenery. Some sites are not level. We walked the Devil's Backbone trail and enjoyed the views. As the brochure says, it is one of the more challenging trails in the park but the payoff is worth the work. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

We enjoyed a great meal at The Chop House in Kingsport on our way out of town. The lunch menu was very reasonably priced for the type of food - steaks and seafood.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $24.00

I found the park to be conveniently located for my needs. It seemed safe and the staff were pleasant to deal with. The campsites are a little tough to back a larger Travel Trailer into, but the roads are wide enough to compensate. Would stay there again. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $16.00

Stayed in spot 60, easy to back into with 40', got satellite reception even though surrounded by trees. We had plenty of space next to us with fire pit over to the side. Pretty park with lake trail. Not too far off of I-81, sorry we only had an overnight stay. Sites have electric and water only. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $15.00

Space 73 is for handicapped tags only and is the best space in the park. Large, flat, water and 50 amp service. No trees obstructing satellite service. Right next to showers. Most spaces are challenging for big rigs but this can handle a 40 foot rig with very easy back in. Close to Kingsport TN and many restaurants, fuel and Walmart. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $20.00

This is a lovely park with many amenities. I just touched down for one night, arriving after dark. Getting there involved driving through suburban neighborhoods - my GPS was very helpful. The congenial camp host told me how to locate a spot and pay in the morning. Spots were what I would call huge. The bath house had the one-room type of restroom/shower space (see photo). It was like new and spotless. Having it cleaned at 9 a.m. was a little inconvenient but quick. The office store was nice and I bought a ball cap. Cost was $20 less a $5 senior discount even though I am a non-resident. All told a good experience. (I was in a van, not a camper type choice offered by the RV Park Reviews site.) We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $23.00

This was a repeat visit to this particular Tennessee state park for us. We travel here twice a year, at least. From our 2015 visit to this 2016 visit, the park had the shower/bathroom facilities completely renovated! WOW, what a difference! Very nice updates! The only comment I have is that the bathroom floor paint is extremely slippery when wet! We will definitely be back! No question! Gorgeous scenery! We rode bikes to choose a few 'other options' spots, just in case 'our perfect spot' is reserved before we get it. Camping area has a wide variety of very small to very large spots to chose from. All roadways are in good condition. Wildlife abound. Simply perfect vacation spot for the entire family! Our black lab has a great time, every time! Which makes our travels all the better! We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Travel Trailer.

We highly recommend The Crazy Tomato Italian Eatery in Colonial Heights, very close to Warrior's Path State Park! There are plenty of fast food & also some sit down restaurants up and down that strip, as well.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $20.00

This shady park provides tenting sites, mostly shorter sites, and a few longer sites, with most back-in type, though we pulled in to ours since it gave us the best view, best shade, and easy in and out.
Sites are assigned, and reservable, though we showed up without reservation, and were even allowed to choose our own site before registering, nice.
There are also two different dump stations, one at the entrance, and another at the far back of the park, with plenty of space.
I noticed some 'one way' signs, but saw many vehicles and rvs going the opposite way - the signage is confusing. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

B40

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $20.00

We stayed at Warriors' Path on Memorial Day weekend with several friends. We all got sites in the loop on the west end of the campground (81,83,85,87, & 89), which was perfect for us. Not a lot of shade in the middle of the loop, but lots of trees on the outer edges. Bathrooms in the loop consisted of 4 private, ADA accessible, shower/bathroom units. They were brand new, clean, and spacious. We struggled getting our 5th wheel into our spot because of the angle and drop off on the other side of the road; however, it fit our beast in nicely once we got it in there. There are tons of amenities in the campground, to include a lake with boat/paddleboat rentals, a world-class playground, and lots of camping trails. A bit disappointing that there was not a swim area or beach. A short walk from our camping loop there was an out-of-commission boat ramp, so we at least put our feet in. Some people (not in our group) swam from this ramp, but I highly discourage it - there were boats going by in the lake and nothing to identify the swimmers. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $1.00

Came in at dusk to overnight and that seems to be a common use for this park as it is on the I-80/I-40 corridor down to the Smokey's/Pigeon Forge. The camp ground seemed crowded and lots of rigs pulling out in the morning. Restrooms/showers are aged and I had cold water. Our site was adjacent to river, but did not have a clear view of river. We did have a racoon lurking around site as we grilled a hamburger, so keep your trash secured. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $16.00

Pretty park, something for everyone. Quiet and pretty foliage.

Appearance of the park was fine. Sites were spacious. Facilities were easy to connect and located in a convenient spot. Roads were easy to navigate if you come in on the main road. GPS took us through neighborhoods that were very hilly and narrow roads. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

Don't follow GPS, it could take you through neighborhoods. Follow website directions.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $10.00

PLEASE NOTE: I stayed in the overflow area of the park, not the main campground. This is a review only of the overflow area, and I presume the problems I had did not exist in the main campground. With that being said, the campground was pretty, the the sites not convenient for RVs. My picnic table was on the wrong side of my RV. Otherwise, it was OK, but a little expensive for boondocking. My big problem was that I did not feel particularly safe, in that there were two individuals camped in the park with no vehicles, who appeared homeless. One was acting very strange. I did see a park ranger go by several times, but they did not stop, they just drove through. The overflow area is not inside the park itself, it is down the road a little ways outside of the park boundaries. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $24.00

We have a 40 ft. rig and I had seen other reviews that warned not to take more than a 30 foot rig in there, but NO, we didn't believe them. But it's true. We needed a place to stay and I called the park ranger and she said "yes, there's a space you can fit into" and she reserved it for us by cellphone. The park is just an older park and is not designed for big rigs in any way. The one site she reserved, actually did work out and we enjoyed it, but we drove around and didn't think we could have gotten very much else. I'm grateful to the enthusiastic staff at Warrior's Path who were first class, although I'm sure they realize it's a little small. One of the biggest problems, was making the turn when getting off the freeway, and having to go down Colonial Heights Road. There is no way for a big rig with a tow to make that corner, unless the road is cleared, and you get way over to make the turn. We did it, but with help from a number of people directing us. the road from there to the park is also a very, very small country lane. One more item: we love trains, and did hear them all night long blowing the whistle for the one crossing there. If we had a smaller rig, we would go back, but feel it's too tough with what we have. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Motorhome.

There is a lake nearby in the park.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $20.00

Our first time camping here, at this particular campground. Beautiful Tennessee State Park! Campground maintained well. Lovely Holston River wraps around the camping area. Plenty of wildlife around. Multiple hiking trails that follow the shoreline & offer lovely views of the park! Our site was a generous one! Many different sites to choose from. (Small/Large~Flat/Hills~Shaded/Full Sun.) We picked ours online. I made the reservation in February, not knowing what to expect until we drove into the camping area last week. Pleasantly surprised that I chose well based on google maps! The giant, beautiful looking pool was unfortunately closed for the season!! ( I guess they have a different pool season in the south??? We arrived on August 19th & it was closed- Our pools here at home stay open until Labor Day) The shower areas are very ill-equipped for having a private area to towel off & dress. One small diagonal bench in the corner & hooks on the wall outside of the 3 shower stalls that have "small" shower curtains that do not close fully. And that area is separated by another shower curtain that opens to the outside door/sink area. I have seen worse, but they could surely make some updates & make a big difference for many visitors. Overall we had a wonderful vacation. I would have left a "10" rating if not for the pool being closed & the shower area shortfalls. We would most likely camp here again!! We Love Tennessee! We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Plenty of attractions in and around Kingsport, TN! We highly recommend The Crazy Tomato!!! Wish we had one near home. The food is fantastic!!!

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $21.00

More of a tent campground, but a few larger sites. We had to switch to a larger site, and employees were very helpful. The state website does not specify tent sites, this would be helpful. Our biggest issue was the bathhouse. We used the showers and bathroom areas. Not very clean at all, in fact near the end of our trip we chose to use our small popup shower rather than those provided. The park itself is wonderful with lots of hiking and walking opportunities. The boys loved the playground. However, as stated earlier, the bathhouse was very bad. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $21.00

Excellent internal paved roads. Good water pressure. Restroom was clean. Abundant shade throughout. Each site has a table and grill. You may see other reviews lamenting the size of the spaces. These are correct. The spaces are a tad small but adequately spaced. Plenty of activities for all ages including large lake, very nice playground area, golf, hiking, and pool. Better suited for tents but OK for rigs < 30'. Zero highway noise or ambient city light. Ignore your GPS directions and follow the signs. Easy reach of I-81. We camped at Warriors Path State Park in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with Warriors Path State Park?