Memphis East Campground

Recent Rate: $33 4/2016

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $33.00

This is a old campground. They have some nice long pull-through sites that allow big rigs to stay hooked up. They have 50 Amp full hookups available. AT&T and Verizon work well. Some have clear sky for satellite set up. Restrooms are dated but clean. No train or highway noise. No free WiFi. Internal roads and pads are gravel and grass. Sites are well spaced but untidy, grass not cut, leaves not raked. Easy on/off I-40 about 2 miles. This is an old KOA that is now an old mobile home park with 18 pull-through sites in the middle of a 100+ old mobile homes. But having said that it is very quiet and safety is not an issue. Will stay again for one night. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $32.00

As other reviewers have said, this is part mobile home park and part campground. The mobile home part was neat, clean, and quiet. Registration was closed when we arrived and several maps were left out for us to choose a site - not the most convenient situation. It was dark and the roads were not well marked so we had to walk around with a flashlight to find a place to park. When we went to the office in the morning to check out and pay, the staff was friendly and helpful. Our site was long enough for our tow vehicle and 40'
fifth-wheel without unhitching. It was fairly level but definitely not very clean. Whomever camped there last left a mess and it wasn't cleaned up. We did not use the restrooms or showers but, with the poor condition of our site, I'm glad we are self-contained and didn't have to do so. We did get good television reception with the antenna. There are not many campgrounds in the area so we would probably stay there again if necessary but hopefully would arrive before dark to have some help picking our site and then finding it. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $28.00

Have camped here for about 4 weeks in the months of September and October. The campground is very quiet even though it is part of a mobile home park. Many permanent campers but their sites are pretty well maintained. The only negative about this campground is the maintenance of the grounds and restrooms. It appears that if you ask for something to be done concerning maintenance, they are willing to do it; however, you have to ask. Restrooms are not cleaned daily but are not nasty. The staff is friendly. This is about the only campground in the Memphis area that is worth staying. They just need to do more in the form of maintenance (mowing, dumping trash, and cleaning restrooms). The sites are large enough to accommodate my 40' 5th wheel. We would stay here again. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $30.00

This is a tired, looks like an x-KOA, campground. The sites could be made more level. The power poles look like they are going to fall over. There was dog poop everywhere. If possible, I'm going to try and find another campground on the way back home. Didn't like this place at all. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $28.00

I read the reviews for a park before deciding to stay there, and I read them again before writing mine. That said, we stayed here 3 nights while visiting family in Memphis, and the park was much better than I expected from some of the reviews. I'm glad I stayed here, and I'll stay again. The Western side of the park is a mobile home park, and the Eastern side a campground. You can get there directly via Canada road, or go on to Monroe and come in the back entrance. Back entry minimizes speed bumps. Park was clean and quiet. Rest rooms tidy. We had no problem with our site being level, or with the electric as some others report, but our rig is 30 amp; not all sites have access to 50 amp. This is an old mobile home park / campground, and shows it, but the owners keep it up and have made evident repairs and improvements. As I said, I was pleasantly surprised, and I WILL stay here again. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $28.00

The park is in the middle of a mobile home park. We paid an extra $1.50 for 50 amp service. Although Wi-Fi was free, it was basically nonexistent. Following GPS directions took us through the mobile home park where there are very poorly designed speed bumps that really rattled us at a very slow speed. The campground store was empty for all practical purposes. The rule to pick up after your dog was ignored by previous guests at many sites. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $30.00

The best thing I can say about this park is that I would come here again. There is nothing special about it but it is quiet and easy to get in an out of. GPS and their road signs were different but both will get you there. You will not choose this park for its beauty but it sure is a welcome stop. Pappa Johns Pizza delivers right to your lot. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $30.00

This park is in very rough shape, very difficult to figure out the electric. The electric on our sight was not working at all so I had to cross my power cord over to another one. Most sights were only 30 amp. The place is real run down, bathrooms were very dirty no one around on the weekends the sites were not level at all, had to put the front end of my coach up high. We probably will do our best to find another place when in the area, not worth the 30 bucks. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $25.00

This was a decent, inexpensive place to stay while we explored Memphis. The staff was pleasant and the laundry room clean and efficient. It is attached to a mobile home park, but it is a nice, well-kept park and seemed quite secure. There is a pretty pond with friendly ducks. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $25.00

Per my girlfriend: "The bathrooms/showers are nasty. We were there a week, and they were never cleaned -- not once. The trash is never emptied." I shower on-board my class "C"; but the place could use a good up-grade. For example; pulled-in Saturday early afternoon to find the office closed; site maps and instructions in the late registration box; but not a contact number in the event of a problem. I pulled to my site and the folks across the aisle showed me their sewer was inches from the top with 'waste'. A fellow came over as I was setting-up and said: "Be sure your electric works -- it wasn't down here the other day." The place is what it is; limited sites have full-hook-ups; most water-electric only and so, if you shower on-board, fine (I suppose). The sites I've stayed at in my years of coming through have been level and shaded, but when the same problems with electricity and the bathroom/showers exist -- come on, now -- is this a 3rd World RV Park? Yes, we'd likely stay there again. What's the options in that particular section of Memphis, Bartlett, Germantown. Memphis East in Lakeland is conveniently located and that's the biggest plus to be said about them. And while they have a Good Sam rating; time for Good Sam to drop-in unannounced! We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $25.00

Interesting place located at the back of a residential trailer community, which is nicely kept. Sites are mostly pull through with full hookups. Easy in and out, and far enough away from the Interstate to muffle the road noise. Good value. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $26.00

We chose this campground as it was easy to find from I-40 and close to Memphis. It needs cleaning up but to be fair, they are doing some construction. It has full hook-ups with cement patio slabs if you can find them under all the pine needles. We probably would stay here again. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $26.00

Difficult to find. Office is closed on the weekend. Power system is hard to figure out, you have to switch on your post from a different post. The best thing that can be said for this park is that it is in the middle of greater Memphis. We will probably stay there again when we visit family in Memphis. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $26.00

This is a Good Sam approved campground, but I think its been a while since they've seen it. I wouldn't really call it a campground, its a few spots in a large mobile home park, which makes it almost impossible to find. You're looking for a campsite and you just see mobile homes. The sites are not level, we actually had to move to another site and even that was unlevel, but good enough for one night. There was a lot of trash all over. It looked like the dumpsters hadn't been emptied in weeks. The management office was literally empty. Don't plan on getting any supplies. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $27.00

A very terrible place. Good Sam should remove its endorsement. The site was unlevel and muddy, requiring muddy everything to make level. The electric pedestal was not of sufficient height to allow using my surge protector. I then watched an adjacent camper "throw" his electric breaker switch with corresponding tripping of my power. This several times. Dog waste around the bit of grass at the site. As mentioned, could not wait to get away the following morning. We camped at Memphis East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Memphis East Campground?