Lebanon, Tennessee

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $24.00

We like the park for the nature and hiking trails. If you are in a small or mid sized camper you would probably find the campground acceptable. We however travel in a 35 ft fifth wheel and found the campground very tight. We had to get out and trim trees just to make the circle and get into our site. We camped in Loop 1. Loop 2 was even tighter. Loop 3 had the best looking sites but it is only 20 amp service. They offer a code for use of wifi up to 200 mb but it was only good for one device but their wifi reception was very slow anyway so it didn't matter as we found it unusable. We had absolutely no cell signal with Verizon. There is a laundry room with 3 washers and 3 dryers. Washers were $1.50 each and Dryers $1.00. I had no problems with them. We would visit this park again for a day trip. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

Restrooms were dates. Some trash around our store. Area 2 had more separation between sites. Limited WiFi. Average state park. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Area 2

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $18.00

This state park is probably the most crowded we've experienced so far. Area 1 is all pull-thrus, area 2 is mostly back-ins with a couple pull-thrus on the outside edge of the loop road, and area 3 is only for tents and very small trailers for electricity reasons. We reserved #12 in area 1 because it looked open and treeless, and it's a good thing we planned ahead because the park was filled that Saturday night. We carefully drove to the site and managed to avoid all the trees (it was VERY close), and were able to fit our rig entirely on the site - 68' total. However, the site sloped quite a bit at the front, so our lowest step was a good 2.5' off the ground. If that doesn't sound like much, try lifting your foot up to your crotch - that's what we had to deal with. We carry an extra step, but still had almost a two-foot drop. We jerry-rigged something suitable using crates and a board and our step. Maybe not as much of an issue for a shorter trailer, and ours was as far back on the level section as it would go. We walked around area 2 and didn't think we would even want to try to go in there with our rig. The park itself is huge, with multiple activity areas, picnic ramadas, playgrounds, group camping and lodges, softball and other sports fields, and it seems very popular - there was even a wedding going on at one lodge as we drove through to the campground. As we were pulling out, our back end scraped on the pavement going up the hill that led away from the downhill that began at the front end of our site. At least the roads are paved - in dirt it would have sunk in and damaged our bumper. Very hilly in spots at this campground. Also very smoky with all the campfires in such close proximity. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $24.00

Area 1 spaces are too steep for a MH but area 2 has many level sites that are small and tight due to trees. Numerous dog droppings. Occasionally excessive noise. Staff folks were friendly and accommodating. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Nashville nearby

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $24.00

I called 3 days ahead my needing a site. First, I was told that there were sites available but since the person on the phone was new she transferred me to another person who said that they were all booked. I found the state park website and browsed through the sites that were available for the 9 nights I would be staying. The pictures of the sites are VERY deceiving. My reservation was for Campground Area 1 and a pull through site. Upon arriving, the sites in Campground Area 1 are extremely close to each other. This reminded me of a trailer park. My neighbors were very nice but I didn't feel like "sharing kawfee" through the window. I went to the camp store where reservations are made/changed. I was given a map of the park with the sites that would be open for my stay marked. There were several sites marked in Campground Area 2. I picked one but when I arrived at the site, it was too small for my travel trailer, not to mention the length of my truck. Knowing that the site next to that one was open and much longer, I parked there, set up and just as I was calling the office to explain about the change there was a knock on my door. It was the Park Ranger who informed me that I could only have this site until check out time 2 days from today. I would never again come to this state park. It's $24 a night (before discount) for water and electric, they do have a dump station. Even though I have a good cell service provider, I can not get 4G service here. The cell service is spotty at best even on 3G. I browsed the internet (as much as I could) and found another park. So instead of staying and moving to another site 2 days from now, I will just leave. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Travel Trailer.

1- 27 and 2 - 57

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Nashville is about 40 minutes from here. Too bad I'll never see it. If you leave the campground, take Route 231 N to get into the town of Lebanon. Gas is around $2.05 per gallon according to how far into town you go.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $12.00

42' 5er. Very tight turns and roads. If you are not comfortable driving a larger unit, stay out. Cedar trees and more cedar trees. Large area behind the campground to run dogs. Bathrooms old and need updating, just clean enough. No sewer, most sights are not level. Good park for kiddos. Safe. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $11.00

Beautiful scenic park with lots of cedar pine trees. Very friendly staff. There was a no burn ordinance due to the wild fires in eastern TN. We stayed over 2 weeks while visiting family over Thanksgiving in Mt. Juliet. Only 50 min. from Nashville. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit Nashville easily from this park. Lots of lakes and rivers nearby.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $25.00

Park is about 7 miles off I-40 and not easy to find. Address on website will not take you there. We called and got a good address. Sites are small and close. Several tight turns getting in and out. Trees show damage from RV scrapes. No sewer, wifi. Over air tv is adequate. Very quiet and dark at nite. Good little campground for a few days. Will stop here again. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Lots of trees. Satellite probably will not work here because of trees. A few should be removed to make it easier to get around.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $20.00

Cute little state park with lots of hiking available. We stayed in Campground 1. Sites were VERY close together, and given that, we would probably try Campground 2 the next time we visit. Lots of trees made the sites nice and shady. Dump station serving Campground 1 and 2. The bathhouse is old and needs upgrading and maintenance, but the site was $20 and there is no park entry fee, so you get what you pay for. Our site claimed to be level, but in fact was slightly angled; nothing some leveling blocks couldn't fix, just don't trust the descriptions on the website entirely. We'll be back to explore more trails! We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Campground 1 site 22

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $20.00

The RV campground is but a small portion of the camping in this state park. We had water and 50 amp electric, but no sewer; however, there is a dump in the park. Bath house was very old and not too clean - be sure to take shower shoes. A mixture of pull thru and back in sites. Plenty of shade, but still got fairly good TV reception with antennae. Laundry room on site - 4 washers and dryers each. We paid $20 per night. No wifi and very weak Verizon coverage. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

RV section

Good location for exploring Murfreesboro, Lebanon and Nashville.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $25.00

I selected "$25.00" because I can't remember the exact nightly rate. It was somewhere in the $20's range.
Rustic-type State Park. There is a loop with pull-through large sites for motorhomes, but we chose the more rustic loop with smaller sites. Most of them are somewhat unlevel, the paved camp roads are rough, and you need to be a skilled driver/backer to manipulate some of the roads and sites. Fortunately, its just the type of place I prefer. Spacious campsites, though unlevel. Very rustic setting, requires skill (which I have) to back-in the tight areas, but once your are setup its great. Good power, nice fire pits and picnic tables. Will definitely return here again, but we plan to visit many more of the State Parks in Tennessee. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Dirt

Spacious, Nearby
Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $32.00

This state park has "cattle car" camping more often found in commercial parks with RVs jammed together, at least in Camping Area 1. Sites were heavily sloped. Other facilities were nice: well marked trails, horseback riding and an olympic-size swimming pool(closed for the season). We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $20.00

Beautiful park with miles and miles of trails to hike and bike. Water & electric at the sites. Dump station is easily accessed upon leaving. The pull through sites are tight fits and rigs longer than 30 feet will find them a bit of a squeeze. The park is well maintained and there is a lot to see. Close to Murfreesboro it is easy to head out for a day trip to visit Stones River National Battlefield Park. Don't leave any of your water hoses out at your site though. We did and all our hoses and water filters had walked off while we were gone. We got the stuff back after some detective work. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $11.00

The rate reflects a very-generous 50% senior discount that Tennessee gives anyone, resident or not, over 62 years of age. This park has three camping area. Area 1 has 50 amp hookups, but the sites are very close together in rows. Area 3 is restricted to small camping units and only has 20 amps. We chose Area 2 with 30 amp hookups. Several sites had signs saying they were restricted to small units because of power problems. The power was low enough in our site so that we had to be very careful what we used to prevent our power-management system from cutting off due to low voltage. Be very, very careful driving through and backing in this campground. The small signs with site numbers are very low and close to the road so very easy to hit, which we did to scrape the side of our motorhome. When we arrived, there were signs saying you much check in before setting up, but the office was closed. The camp host in our campground had a sign out saying on-duty but was not around and was never around during our two-day stay. We set up anyway and went back up to the office at 1 p.m. when it was supposed to be open, but there was no one around. It finally opened around 1:30 and we were able to get registered. So registration was not smooth for us. The sites are fairly level, but have wooden beams on the sides with sharp rebar sticking out. A real danger, so be careful. There are hiking trails in the park that are nice. The campground is heavily treed, but we were able to find the satellite with our portable dish. Our Verizon phone and data signal were usable but very weak. This isn’t a bad campground, but looks like it could use some TLC. We would likely not stay here again. It was too far outside of Nashville to be convenient for visiting the city. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $25.00

Beautiful state park! Nice gravel sites. All hook-ups worked fine. TV reception good. A little far from I-40 when going East from Nashville, but not a problem. Realized only 8 miles from Lebanon and I-40 as we headed towards Knoxville. We only stayed 1 night as we were traveling to D.C. We would return and use the Lebanon Exit if we do. We camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Cedars of Lebanon State Park ?