T. O. Fuller State Park

1500 W Mitchell Rd
Memphis, Tennessee 38109

• Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no

Ask fellow campers about "T. O. Fuller State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $23.00

Stayed in site 23. Very shady. Clean restrooms. Only heard a few trains and planes. Sites were paved, level. Rangers were very nice. Pool did not open on time one day because no lifeguards were available. Free ice machine. Typical cleanliness for state park. Laundry facilities available. Must drive through sketchy neighborhood but feels safe, secluded and patrolled by rangers. No smell when we were there. It did not rain so smell was not present. Mosquitoes were not bad either. Plenty to do. 6 mile trails, pool, basketball courts, Indian archeological site, close to Memphis. We stayed in a pop up trailer. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Tent Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt
Quite a bit longer than my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $27.00

STINKS. They should call it T.O. Stinker State Park. It's located next to a sewage processing plant. To quote the movie Christmas Vacation: "I pity anyone who lights a match within 100 yards..." Woke up to an intense sewage smell. They should relocate the park away from the sewage plant. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Make sure you are downwind.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $21.00

This is a gorgeous state park. The office staff and rangers are so kind. Bath house and laundry room are good. Free ice. I definitely recommend this park. You have to come through an industrial area to get here but don't let that dissuade you. Once you get to the park you can't even tell you're this close to the city. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $25.00

Which dog farted? Laughed as folks pulled in and looked around to see where the dog fart smell was coming from! An OK state park once we got there. Lots of research, Truckers GPS and we still saw NO TRUCKS signs and were routed through a neighborhood with narrow roads. CALL the park for directions! Nice Park Ranger gave us good directions out the back way so we had an easy departure (BUMPY railroad tracks though. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Featured Campgrounds Near T. O. Fuller State Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

Lovely wooded area. Camp host present, and helpful. Good hiking, biking. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

I wish I could say wonderful things about this park because we love to support state parks but it is simply okay. It's a tired old park that needs some love to make it better. The sites are all paved but un-level. Either sloping front to back and/or side to side. In fact our original site, a pull though, was so bad we had to move to a back-in. The camp host was very nice and helpful in that regard. Do Not use any of the pull though, 4-9, because they are all so un-level. The park is quiet but there is a smell coming from the refinery near-by on occasion. We stayed here 2 nights to visit downtown Memphis. Not very good 4G but regular cell ok and satellite was "okay". As I said it's a tired old park that needs some love. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Near to downtown Memphis and the sights there. Hard to GPS a grocery store for supplies--found a Kroger on Union

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $24.00

We like the campground, but we generally prefer state parks to the resorts. The campgrounds is being refurbished with newly paved sites. No sewer available at the site, but there is a two-lane dump station. Nice hiking trail around the area, but it can get muddy. The bath house could use an updating, but it's reasonably clean. Down side is there is currently no hot water in the bath house. They are waiting on a water heater. It would have been nice to know that before we reserved. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We enjoyed the ornamental metal museum and a walk on the railroad bridge over the Mississippi river. Had a good dinner at Central BBQ. Intended on touring the Gibson factory but missed it.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $13.00

If is has been awhile since you've used T.O. Fuller or if you've never been there you are in for a delightful surprise. The sites are large, some with new paving, new metal tables, and wide clearances from trees for large units. Some sites are pull through. Our back-in was 76 ft long, putting us well off the road. The maintenance is superior to other TN state parks I've used. The only negative to prevent a 10 is there are no sewer hookups. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart Supercenter on Elvis Pressley is about 6 miles away and provided the needed antifreeze.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $13.00

I liked this park - and didn't like this park. First the pros: The price reflects 1/2 price as of 12/1 plus a senior discount. Our site was pretty level, treed, paved and clean. The shower/bathrooms were the warmest I have ever experienced this time of year. And there was plenty of very hot water. Laundry (in a state park?!?) was clean and cheap. ATT cell service was fine for web surfing and writing campground reviews. The staff at the visitor center were extremely friendly. And the one hiking trail was excellent, with lots of terrain change. Cons: You have to drive through some pretty bad neighborhoods to get into town...lots of abandoned houses, businesses and trash on the side of the road. And then there is the smell. We had it one day when there was a NW wind, which ,when I googled waste treatment, was where it was. So, my advice is come stay here but check the wind direction first. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $12.00

Stayed here for two nights on our drive to New Mexico. Park was very nice and well kept. The only problem we had was with the TV reception and lack of Cell Phone coverage. Could only get around 6 channels on Using the antenna and the 6 channels did not include ABC, CBS or NBC. We have Verizon for our cell phone service and the signal was very weak, if you are lucky to have any signal at all. Would not have been an issue but I depend on having decent cell phone signal for our business, lots of dropped calls We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $21.00

The park is large, mostly shaded level sites. The camp host and rangers are very visible and helpful. Site fairly level - only negative is no sewer, but pumpout station at entrance/exit to campground. It was easy to drive in to Beale St, museums and Graceland. We enjoyed our stay and will be back to visit this park as well as the area museums we didn't have time for. The turns/overhangs in and out of the park are tight, but doable. Memphis isn't known for their road quality, so there are some bumps, but again doable. Facilities very clean. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Rizzos for dinner and Sunday brunch; Civil Rights Museum, Rock and Soul museum were fabulous. Rizzos was easily our favorite restaurant in Memphis.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

This is a hidden gem right outside Memphis. We stayed here for three nights and it was perfect. Not a lot of people and the camp host, right when we arrived, told us our site that we had reserved would not be a good one for our larger trailer. He found us a "better one." He didn't need to do that but he did. The Ranger also came around to offer me a refund since I had to reserve two time (changed itinerary so needed to add a day and was easier to just make a whole new reservation). Told me I over paid and refunded me some money. Didn't need to do that. VERY peaceful and out of the city life. However, close to Graceland (10 minutes) and Beale Street by 20 minutes. Did laundry here and very cheap and great machines. Would definitely stay here again if in Memphis and/or recommend this to people. There is also a community pool that campers can use for a small fee. We didn't use it but looked at it and it was large. The only issue was we arrived on a Sunday afternoon and the office is closed...we had to knock on the door and luckily a lady in there was able to tell us what site we were on and to notify the camp host that we were coming. No biggie, however. We would have just driven to the campsite and looked for the camp host. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Graceland, Beale Street, Civil Rights museum, see the Peabody ducks at 11 and/or 5 pm, Sun Recording Tours. Eat some good food. We drove an hour into Arkansas to Dyess to see Johnny Cash's Boy hood home which is taken care of by Arkansas State Univesity. THE BEST SIDE TRIP! The town was founded only in the early 1930's as part of FDR's New Deal. So much history and so interesting.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $28.00

This park is peaceful & quiet. The Camp host & his dog, BB, have been EXCELLENT! Park Rangers are wonderful! There is sewer but only a dump station toward the entrance/exit. I LOVE it here! There is a laundry/shower/restroom building with a huge ice machine. The dryers get nice and hot! I would recommend this park to everyone! It is located within 15 minutes of all attractions and easy to navigate. If you have children, there is a playground area. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Spacious, Nearby

This park has been occupied but equally empty during my stay. They do take credit cards via the Park Ranger. I called about an hour ahead of my arrival and reserved a site. Beale Street, Bass Pro Shop Pyramid, Graceland, the Memphis Zoo and other attractions are all within 15 minutes. Also within 15-20 minutes is the Mississippi State line where I found many shops including a Dollar Tree and WalMart. Would I come back? ABSOLUTELY!

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $28.00

Made reservations based on the 4 star ratings. Must have hit a bad time cause this place stunk to high heaven. Seems they built a waste treatment plant right next to the park. The host with the pitbull tells us this is the way it is when it gets humid, isn't Memphis always humid? Oh well, we left and found another campground. Had to eat the cost of the Park, no refunds on the day of arrival. In general the place looked okay, sites were not too close, the bath houses looked pretty new although we did not go in and look around. The park is in a fairly rundown part of town. Think I'll pass on this one in the future. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

15 minutes to Beale St and Graceland.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $22.00

An overall pleasant park close in South Memphis. Easy access from freeway and roads inside are easy to navigate for even large rigs. There are both back in and pull through sites. Park is well maintained. Trash cans are convenient and emptied regularly. There is recycling for plastic and aluminum at the bath house. Water and electric are easy to access. Type of water spigots that cannot be set on a low pressure so do not plan on filling your tank with fresh water before you leave. No wifi but my Verizon worked but probably only because I have a booster because it only got one bar. Ranger and park host are on site at all times. Host is always busy around the park making sure things are running smoothly. Only complaint was on my third night there were planes going overhead what seemed like every ten minutes during the night until 1 in the morning. I have no explanation. There is no shopping nearby but across the border in Mississippi in Southhaven is all you could want or need. We camped at T. O. Fuller State Park in a Motorhome.

Nicer drive into Memphis by going west along Mitchell Rd to Riverfront. For great breakfast or lunch try the Blue Plate Cafe downtown. Great southern cooking in a pleasant atmosphere at reasonable prices. Great vegetable plate for vegetarians. The Sun Studio tour is fun as is the Stax Museum. Then there is the Lorraine Motel with the Civil Rights Museum. There is a reasonably priced riverboat tour along the Memphis waterfront. There is also a new pedestrian/rail/bicycle bridge across the river.

Featured Campgrounds Near T. O. Fuller State Park

Are you affiliated with T. O. Fuller State Park ?