Two Rivers Campground

• Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Hiking Hiking no

Wildmans Clan

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $41.00

Stayed here over New Years and used the shuttle service to travel into Nashville. The roads in the campground need work. Sites are well spaced. This neighboring campground hosted a holiday light show, which was very nice during this time of year. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Country Music Hall of Fame
Historic Studio B
Ryman Auditorium
Broadway and its music venues
Bicentennial park

pfogleboch

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $33.00

We stayed here for two weeks over Christmas and New Years to enjoy Nashville. Our rate reflects stay six nights, get one free so we stayed 14, paid for 12. I'll agree with previous reviews about the conditions of the roads in the park. They are in desperate need of repair. We had a good amount of rain and even four days after it had stopped, there were a lot of large potholes with water still in them. Getting in was easy, no issues backing into the site. It was very busy due to the time of year and turnover was high during our stay. I don't like there not being a breaker at my site so I don't plug into the RV with a live connection. Thankfully we didn't have any power issues and didn't need to go to the box, but we did locate it upon arrival. For the previous complaints about the lights making them feel like they were under surveillance, the lights do come on at nightfall, but shut off at 11:00 PM and do help when having to disconnect the water before bed due to the nightly temperature. On the other side of that, I did not appreciate park workers going from site to site turning off water and disconnecting without letting anyone know. After discussion with management this was corrected. We had some neighbors that were doing maintenance on their RVs so we had to deal with noise on both sides for a few days. Management said they don't mind RV work, but constant noise should be reported.

It is a convenient location to visit Nashville and cheaper compared to the other parks on the road. Sites are open and give just enough room from your neighbors. No issue with water or electric, but you will be given a back flow valve for the water hookup. They say it's a law, but I have not used one in other Tennessee parks. There is road noise from 155, but not too bad at our location. Minus a few things, it was a nice stay and would most likely return if in the area. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The Yogi Bear campground had a holiday light show which pretty much shut down traffic on Music Valley Drive heading to the park. There is a back way onto Music Valley from Pennington Bend which saved us over 30 minutes getting back one night.

Carol Warren

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $43.00

The park is old and run down. Roads are full of potholes and since it rained during our stay, the roads were full of water. You could not walk outside without getting shoes muddy. Gravel site was level but needed additional gravel. View was of old, very tired trailers which I am assuming belong to permanent residents. Staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. Overpriced for the condition of the park. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Close to Opryland Hotel, Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mills shopping.

wandrr

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $32.00

This campground was very busy with many full-timers making a couple of days stop on their way elsewhere. The campground has gravel pads, some pull-through and some back-in, and some power-water-sewer and others just power-water. The place is partly shaded, but satellite access is generally possible. Laundry is good with reasonable prices. The offer a daily shuttle to downtown for $10 per person. The office staff are excellent, very helpful. We would probably stay here again. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

All the attractions of Nashville are here.

smoky40

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

This park is close to everything in Nashville. The clerk needs some help service is slow but that's not her fault. The sites are close but clean. There was no beaker on the electric outlet which I think is not good but overall I would return because of the proximity to everything. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Madtown Travels

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $39.00

I have been disappointed in this campground. I knew it would be your typical side-of-the-highway parking lot type property, but there's not a whole lot here to make up for it. Here are my main complaints:

The sites are so close together that there are no fire pits, which for me is a bit part of what is fun in the evenings.

- The rules of the park seem controlling to me: no clothes lines, no tables in the grass (there is hardly any grass anywhere anyways) and there are rules posted EVERYWHERE you go. No dogs allowed in the registration area, no leaving laundry unattended, no hair dye in the bathrooms, etc.

- Along with the controlling feel of the management, I am particularly displeased with the trash collection situation. There are no public dumpsters and no recycling available at all. Trash is left near the road and picked up by management. While this might appear to be a convenience, I see it as the management trying to keep tabs on all the trash. And it makes me worried about attracting rodents and other animals to the site.

- The pool has great hours, but is not heated. Last I checked it was 64 degrees. Needless to say there is no one in it this whole week.

- The roads in the park are wide but they are not marked one-way, so people are driving all over the place.

-There are lights at every site over the electric hookup that automatically go on at night. It is bright and again feels controlling to me, like surveillance.

- The bathrooms are clean, but the showers are very small. There was no spot for my toiletries in the shower and water went everywhere when I turned the water on because the stall is so tiny.

- Right behind us is a beautiful campground that you can see through the fence at the back of the property. It's got more grass, more space between sites, more shade, and is further away from the highway.

In conclusion, this place isn't terrible but I would not stay here again. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

RVerMJ

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $43.00

This park is one of three parks along the access road of the interstate so it's a little noisy, but you can't beat the convenience of being close to Nashville. We arrived on a Friday night and there was entertainment by the pool. The sites are tight, but adequate for rigs with slides. On one side of the park there is a trailer sales/service place where I was able to get a part for my toilet and, on the other side, is Camping World where I was able to have the part installed. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

There is a shuttle bus which goes around town so, for $10 roundtrip, you don't have to drive into town. Parking in Nashville is tight with some parking lots charging $20 for the day while others charge $10.

DrLewie

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $60.00

This is an older campground down the road from Opryland. It is a family-owned campground and well managed and cared for. Bath houses were very clean, but the plumbing is a bit outdated. Sites are roomy and reasonable level. There's a shuttle service to downtown Nashville which is a very good idea since downtown is crowded, especially on nights when there's a concert or game, or both. The shuttle is $10/person round trip. The rate here may seem high, but we've stayed previously at one of the other nearby parks and the daily rate was even higher. Nashville is a tourist town, and the parks charge accordingly. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

CraftCrazy

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $42.00

The sites are small and close together but not a problem for us since our motorhome is only 25 feet long with no slideouts. This is our third time here and all have been good experiences. The park is busy most of the year but there was still space with no reservations.

Check in was quick but the staff person didn't seem to like her job. What a shame since she is in customer service. We got more channels over the air than with their cable. The two shuttle services to downtown is wonderful and very reliable. $10 roundtrip per person is a bargain. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Livin' the Life

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $43.00

Having stayed at this park many times it just seems to get worse. Absolutely no improvements here. I know its the less expensive of the other 2 parks next here, but really. The roads are falling apart, trees too close to RV's and low hanging branches and the electric is a disaster. Zero improvements..... The office is nice, the entrance to the park is a sharp drop from the road so go r-e-a-l slow so you don't pop your windshield. The wifi worked pretty good while we were here and I was satisfied with that. Gravel sites that need some attention. I know its a old park but if you don't want to spend some money for improvements then I see no reason to give them mine. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Jimrodenkirch

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $34.00

For a well rated Rv park, this place is a joke.

Low settling areas on the grass and pathways means lots of puddles and mud to avoid!

The bathrooms are clean....that's the good part.....they are the smallest and narrowest stalls I've ever experienced!

The people waiting on arrivals at the office are overwhelmed...the three times I was at the office the gal behind the desk had to motion me to wait so she could finish taking the reservation...don't mind the current customer standing in front of you!!

The sites do NOT have circuit breakers....if you pop your breaker (easy to do as the pull throughs are 30 amps and NO sewer) you have to find the breaker panel which is not at your site but across the rain flooded street and between two sites.....what a HOKEY set up. BUT, they get away with it 'cuz Nashville is such a "destination spot" ---- yah...RIGHT!!!

I rate this place a 4 for "street appeal," a 4 for "amenities" and a 6 for value!!

Would NOT stop here again..... We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Nekkidfish

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $47.00

Hubby was working in Nashville for the week, so the dogs and I came along. We had heard good things about Two Rivers, so we gave it a shot for the week. It was a nice place to stay, although the spots seemed rather close to us. The dog areas are up near the very busy road, which took the dogs a day or two to get used to.

We were in spot #113, over on the Camping World side, but there was no noise or anything that made that bothersome. We did have trees behind us, but that didn't hamper us being able to get a DirecTV signal on the satellite. Our neighbors moved to another spot, because they woke up to what they thought was rain, but it was sap poring down from the tree hanging over their rig. The sap was lol over their dogs paws, which was also messy.

Note: The picnic tables are the tiniest little tables I have ever seen. I did see four adults eating at one, but we considered them two-people tables.

I have to give kudos to the two grounds/maintenance guys, who were always busy cleaning up after trashy people, trimming tree limbs, blowing leaves, etc. They noticed that our water was dripping at the spigot, came over and added a washer for us, fixing the problem. Very nice.

We did drive down to check out the KOA, and if we returned, we would probably give the KOA a try. The spots seemed a little wider and the whole place was very nicely landscaped. I have friends who have stayed at both Two Rivers and the KOA, and both places get great reviews.

We would stay here again! We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

You can take the shuttle downtown for $10 round trip. Right down the road there is a little honky tonk called Scoreboard. They have live music on the patio Wed-Sun, which isn't too bad. The also allow dogs on their patio. The food is good, especially their hot chicken, which was premiered on the Food Network. Good food, good service, and a nice place to chill close to the RV park.

Yellow Submarine

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $46.00

We had no severe issues. The internet barely worked.. it pretty much didn't work. I'd stay here again. Excellent location to tour Nashville without a car. Shuttle bus was $10 per person roundtrip. Excellent service. I thought the spaces were a good size, nothing too close but close enough. It did rain a lot and the "road" turned into a lake but it drained quickly and it did not directly affect us. Spot we had was level. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

Downtown Nashville

Ohioan

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $55.00

Very friendly staff. Very good information, $10 shuttle service to downtown Nashville and the Opry....well worth it! The park is older,roads desperately needed paved or potholes filled in. We had no rain,but had we it'd been a mess. Tight spots. Traffic noise from highway,but didn't bother us. Trailer sales directly next door. Over all appearance it needs a good sprucing up. Enjoyed the music that was brought in! Probably wouldn't stay here again. We camped in a 36' 5th wheel. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

If you want basic this is the place for you. Just glad that it never rained.

Prairie Bayou

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $43.00

Check in was easy and painless. Park was clean, sites were fairly close together, but not on top of each other. Showers were clean but narrow stalls. Store was nice and the staff very helpful. Pool wasn't used a lot, which I don't know why because it was so clean. We really enjoyed it. We'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Two Rivers Campground in a Motorhome.

The other campers were great. There is a shuttle to downtown, $10 round trip.

Are you affiliated with Two Rivers Campground?