Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA

Newport, Tennessee

Recent Rate: $35 3/2015

• yes-lake Waterfront

chiavet

This was an overnight stay. Was typical koa. Staff was friendly, Entrance road is long with business/homes along the road to this road is probably 2 way but barely. Even though CG entrance is 1.5 miles from Interstate, road back to CG takes you back in the direction of the interstate so there is road noise. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

CLPEAD

We used this as a stay over and it could be a really nice campground if managed properly. It had a nice big pool that wasn't as clean as we would've hoped for. The restrooms were updated but not real well kept. All in all we had a pretty good time but I wouldn't recommend it as is. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Essness

Certainly a solid park. Real nice folks very attentive. Clean park. We've stayed a few times and will stay again. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

shellqueen

This is a convenient stop if you are traveling on I-40. Our site was a pull through, but had very little room between sites. Although we had a 50 amp site, we could not run both air conditioners due to low voltage. This was not a problem since the weather was not too hot. Bathrooms were very clean. The road leading to the campground had some low hanging branches, but we were able to avoid them. We would camp here again if traveling through the area. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

darla's dad

The inside and outside staff were terrific, even after a huge rainstorm was flooding the entranceway bridge. We were met and directed over. The entry road to the bridge is very narrow and tree lined. Sites were dry enough. The sites are designed so that utilities are situated at the rear of the pull-throughs, next to the toad, and the waste waters must run uphill. It was quiet and comfortable. We might stay again but I'll ask for a downhill drained site. The workampers made the difference. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

whodey

Traveling down the road and this campground was convenient for us. People were very friendly when we arrived. Site was adequate. Not many campers there for a Saturday night. Place in is need of TLC. Pool area needs the most due to broken and old lounge chairs. Pool itself needs some help with broken concrete, chipping paint. No activities happening on Saturday, which is different for most KOA's especially Father's day weekend. But we slept well and on our way. Just under impressed for a KOA. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

Jake67

Usual KOA, a bit over priced for what you get , but I guess the KOA folks need their cut for advertising and other franchise costs,. Average park, gravel roads and grass/gravel campsites. WiFi was very slow so used my Verizon. Owners were very nice. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

smdrm

Owner's son was friendly and helpful in getting us a site for our needs, as well as filling our propane tank, even without a yellow KOA shirt. The campground is not luxurious, but certainly adequate, with close sites and narrow roads, but we had no problems with either with our 40 ft Class A plus toad. WI-FI wasn't the best, but okay. Some road noise from I-40, but no big issue. We'd stay here again. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

Dobiedaddy

Pretty nice campground and nice staff. No dog park, but lots of room to walk the four-legged kids. Level pull-through space, quiet, pretty peaceful and relaxing. It appears to have some permanent residents, but park was still quiet and lived up to KOA standards. The road back to the park from the highway was a bit narrow, but not a white-knuckle exercise. We'd stay there again if we're in the area. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

reccarey

Typical KOA. Run down, worn out. Needs gravel throughout. Desk clerk looked like a slob wearing a tee shirt not the typical KOA yellow golf shirts. A mechanical issue forced me to stay here otherwise I would avoid. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

User577

Fun – swimming and fishing - electrical issues but could have been due to the heat and usage. Neighbor had volt meter – was nearly getting into low voltage red zone. Camp worker was kind to take off shoes before coming into camper to check power even though not required by us. Pool water very cloudy – still had fun. We had good tree shade to avoid intense sun on sun. Store not stocked well but Food City very close. Cost for ice too expensive in park store. Not a destination if looking for special activities with children throughout day but do have the pool and nice playground. We will return if in area again. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

ddtripper2

The road into the campground is a little interesting, but not really a problem. Just be careful crossing the narrow bridge. Some sights are a little short & not very level, others are plenty long & level. Some site have low hanging branches that could be a problem for very high units. Plenty of cable TV channels (including HD stations). Internet strength is good & the speed is also good. Just a slight bit of noise from I-40, but nothing too loud. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Travel Trailer.

jimcindy

Nice quiet park with friendly staff. Some noise from I-40 but not an issue with us. We were a bit confused about rates; receipt had extra charges for electric/sewer and internet (which we could not access). We stayed for one night; will return but will make sure we understand the pricing and not be charged extra for what seemed to be included when we reserved on the internet. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Motorhome.

roadking

This is a way over price campground. It was $40 with our KOA Card. Many of their sites were closed for the winter. We had a pull through site and we were able to level. However a pet peeve of ours is campgrounds that do not trim their trees properly. We hooked up to depart and discovered that there was no way we could leave the site without hitting pine cone filled branches. We had to get on top of the RV and trim the branches before we could depart. WiFi was good. The office staff was very friendly. We would not stay here again. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RVLive

We stayed 1 night and it was a lovely site. It was a level pull through gravel site, wooded, but the trees were not oppressive. We had a nice view of the lake. The staff was nice and friendly and the Wi-Fi worked fine. There is a little bridge over a freshet with no sides or railing that might worry some, but it was no problem in our 33' 5th wheel and 3500 dually. We did not use the laundry, bath house etc. It had a fully stocked camp store, and we would stay there again. We camped at Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Nashville KOA

Nashville, Tennessee

Triple Creek Campground

Cosby, Tennessee

Jack Benny RV Resort

Dandridge, Tennessee

Cherokee Park

Morristown, Tennessee

Are you affiliated with Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA?