Mountain Glen RV Park

Pikeville, Tennessee

Recent Rate: $15 8/2014

Longitude: -85.193725

Rose & Noel

Owners very helpful and friendly. For larger units the sites are not level enough in my opinion. Reservation made for 40 ft motorhome and site provided was one of best in park, still was a challenge to level - blocks are needed. Campground is on a slope, consequently everything slightly uphill. On the plus side, beautiful location to explore Fall Creek Falls and surrounding area. Great campground for smaller units. Bathrooms are large and extremely clean (like new). Rate for passport America was $15 night. Sites are close together, but everyone we met was very friendly so we didn't mind. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Motorhome.

DEBandVINCE

Fall special is $19 for full hookups. Verizon phone and date worked well. Great little park with nice owners. Playground and activities room for the kids, fishing in the pond. Very quiet area near Fall Creek Falls State Park. No pool, but we had a great visit and would come back again. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mcharland

The park is newer and is very well maintained. It is a few miles from everything and cell coverage was very sketchy. They do have free Wi-Fi and it worked well. The park is rock/gravel roads with grass between the sites. We were the only ones at the park so it is hard to say how it would feel with a large crowd. It would appear, due to the layout, that it could be difficult to maneuver a larger rig on the roads as the spaces are close together and the roads are narrow. The spaces seem to be level from side to side but front to back can be a challenge as most sites have a hump in them. We ended up with our last step being about 2 feet off the ground and had to be careful when exiting our truck as the drop off was steep. The owner/host are very friendly and helpful. The park is very nice, but I would be concerned it might feel cramped if occupancy is high. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Cocoabeachfam

We have stayed here twice and will definitely go again! Beautiful setting with a nice lake and plenty of grass! They have individual showers/bathroom combos which are very clean and spacious, and a nice rec room. Playground is very nice, and clean too. Our satellite worked great at this park. Some of the sites are not very level, but the owners were working on this, and even offered to come level a site if we needed it (which we did not). This is a great park-a hidden gem! We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Motorhome.

ncflyguy

This is a nice campground and fairly new. We were in our first day of a 2 month RV trip from our home in western NC. So we needed a place not to far, and close to Fall Creek Falls State park, which I was told was first come basis and I didn't want to take the chance after reading a few of the previous posts. The couple that owns it are very nice. I would have rated it higher but the sites are narrow and not very level. They need to re-grade a lot of them. We were the only people in the park during our stay (probably due to the heat and school's opening soon) so we had the pick of any site. We stayed in site #27, the only site that had some shade as it was hot here. The bathrooms/showers are individual rooms: clean, large and had A/C throughout the entire building. I would strongly recommend that if you're driving in from the east off of I-40, follow their directions on their web site. We wanted to shorten the drive and used Google to give us the directions: a huge mistake. Do not drive in from US 127. The short, steep road has a 10% grade with several switchbacks: my trannie fluid got really hot and I had to stop for a while until it cooled down. Stay on TN 111, it's a very decent road. What was I thinking? Trying to save 35 miles of driving wasn't worth the effort and worry when you see that warning light, on the first day out. (What did I just do to my truck?) We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

xmalice

I found this park after I called Fall Creek Falls state park and found out it was full. I made a reservation for myself and my in-laws over the internet and requested sites that would be side by side. They set us up exactly as requested and we had a large space between our TT's. The staff at the park from what I could tell were actually the owners and they seemed very nice and eager to please. The bathrooms were spotless as were the showers. Instead of the traditional bathhouses they have individual bathrooms with showers which my wife and daughter really liked. All of the spaces in the park are pull-thru sites which is nice. The roads as stated in previous reviews are gravel as are each space. Although they are not paved they are pretty level and I was able to get my TT level without much effort, though my sewer hose had to be run a bit uphill in order to hook it up. The only problem I had while I was there was with the Wi-Fi and it was only a minor inconvenience. They have a wireless access point in/near the office and a second in a bathroom near the front of the park (which is where I camped) and the access point closest to me was not working properly. It was not too big of a deal as I could still get on the internet if I went up near the office but it would have been nice to be able to access the internet from my TT. Each space in the park has a picnic table and a metal fire ring with a grill grate. As also mentioned in a previous review there are not many trees in the park except around the perimeter. Although some shade would have been nice during the day it allowed for an unobstructed view of the sky at night and because there is not much ambient light out there you get a great view of the stars and the milky-way on a clear night. My family and I enjoyed our stay there and we will probably stay there each time we are in the area rather than staying right in Fall Creek Falls. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

deddy5

Had to find a place quick, after a nearby state park had said "come on, no problem". This is a country park with the nicest people that I have ever met, working at a campground. Asked if there was anything we needed, and offered help with anything. They have a nice game room with TV available. It looks like a new facility and the bathroom/showers were spotless. Would definitely stop again. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ericw71

This is a really nice park with friendly helpful staff. All sites are pull-thru, we stayed in site 13 which wasn't quite level, but had a great view overlooking the pond which you are allowed to fish in, just remember to catch and release. There is a playground for the kids and a lounge with TV, a pool table, air hockey, and other games. The showers and restrooms were very clean, there is also a laundry room, however there is only one washer and dryer. The only drawback that I can think of is there are no trees at all to provide any shade, but overall this is a great place to camp. It is only a few minutes to Fall Creek Falls State Park, and is located in farm country providing you with a nice peaceful atmosphere. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

RandyP

Pros: Beautiful pastoral setting, nearby to Fall Creek Falls State Park, very clean restrooms/baths. Wi-Fi very good at campsites. Very friendly Owners/Employees. Full hookups. Cons: Sites are very close together, pastures with smelly cows surround property, about 4 trees in entire campground/needs more shade, sites slightly unlevel. Mountain Glen is a new RV Park which has lots of potential! My positives greatly outweigh my negatives...and we certainly enjoyed ourselves! Mountain Glen is close enough to FCF so can still participate in all of the FCF activities without having to be crammed into the FCF campground with all of those people and small amounts of bathhouses/restrooms. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

rgatijnet

This is a nice park with a friendly and helpful staff. The interior roads are gravel as well as the site parking areas. The sites are a little close but adequate enough for us to use our canopy. Our site was level but it appears that some sites do have a little slope. This is the nearest park to Fall Creek State Park. The WI-FI worked great, which is something you cannot get at the SP. There is a fishing pond and a large dog walk area. Most sites are not heavily wooded so it is no problem getting Satellite TV service. All of the facilities at this park are neat and clean. Every site is a pull thru and this is an easy park to maneuver a large unit. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Motorhome.

blueheeler47

We decided late to camp Memorial Day Weekend, an internet search revealed Mountain Glen, they had availability, and were close to Fall Creek Falls. Owners were very nice and anxious to please, they even came by and asked for feed back on our thoughts for improvements. The main reason for the six was the closeness of the sites. They could have had a few less sites and had a first class place, sewer connection for the site next to us was about six feet away from out door. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

BobWW

New park. Very clean restrooms. Each contains sink, shower & commode. Friendly people. Level spaces. New campground that needs some maturity. Utility cuts are still visible. Spaces are narrow but adequate. Closest RV park to Fall Creek Falls State Park (15 minutes). Nice laundry. Good community room with couches and large TV but with very limited hours. It isn't open in the evenings. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Motorhome.

Winger

Definitely off the beaten path. New park, just opened June 1. Park is on the side of a hill, and the new gravel is still settling. Most sites will require leveling side to side. We camped at Mountain Glen RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Mountain Glen RV Park?