Nashville I-24 Campground

Smyrna, Tennessee

1130 Rocky Fork Rd
Smyrna, Tennessee 37167

Ask fellow campers about "Nashville I-24 Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $37.00

If you plan on being in the Smyrna area for awhile do not camp here. They will promise you a long term slot, get you onsite then tell you they only have a week or two available. They will also tell you you will have to move your RV to a different site in two weeks or so. Most of the sites are TINY. You will not have room to park a big truck if you want to sit outside at a picnic table. It's a gravel parking lot with sites too close together to have any room. Their website gives options on their rates but when you get there it's one price. The office staff is as fake as I've ever met. Unfriendly too. They overcharge for their sites. For the amount they charge more space is needed, their staff needs to take courses in how to be polite and friendly. Do not use their recommended RV repairman either. He is a joke and will charge you for not fixing the problem. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $32.00

The campground staff was very helpful..couldn't ask for better hospitality. The only issue I had was with the extremely small size of the sites - parking my truck in front or back of my rig was impossible, so I parked on the side..but it was tricky. The location is very good for getting around Smyrna. Not hard to imagine this was once a KOA. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The National Stones River Civil War Battle Park is approximately 20 minutes away and well worth the visit - there's a small museum, easy hiking and the Civil War battle grounds and cemetery are well maintained and easily accessible. The National Park staff was helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable as always.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

Very friendly, kind and helpful staff. Campground was impeccably clean, and well maintained. The showers were beautifully tiled with newer fixtures. The pool is big and very clean. Our only issue was that the sites were tight and had no grass but for the type of camping we were doing it was perfectly fine. Guests were welcomed with no hassles and they provided great entertainment and complimentary food. Overall it was fantastic experience. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

There are shopping plazas a short drive away with grocery stores, gas and dining. Easy highway access. Decent safe neighborhood.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

We did not realize we were arriving for the Eclipse and could not find a site anywhere to camp. I-24 Campground had 1 night available (Sat.) so we took it. When we got there they said they had a cancellation, so we could stay as long as needed. On Sunday night they had a great country band in the pavilion, and were serving free pizza. We danced, and visited with a lot a people and in general had a ball. This campground was full and yet everyone was so nice. The first campsite they gave us had a water leak in the outside water line. They came & put wood over the soft area and a long piece under the front of our stabilizers. On Monday morning the moved us to a much bigger site with no problems. On Monday they served free hot dogs & hamburgers for an Eclipse party. Monday night they had a couple singing Bluegrass, and Wednesday night they had a couple of guys singing country rock. The staff was so amazing, so accommodating to our every need. The grounds were clean & well maintained. We loved this campground! We had been traveling since August 4th and this was the best campground of all. (we stayed in brand name campgrounds the rest of the time.) We even stayed an extra day just to enjoy ourselves. We would stay here again if we come back to Nashville! We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not real close to Nashville, but it wasn't a big deal. Lots of other stores in the area.

Featured Campgrounds Near Nashville I-24 Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

The campground was extremely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Pet-friendly. The only downside was the spaces were a little cramped. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $33.00

We stayed a week here and had a great time. People say its is tight maybe they need more driving time. We had more than enough room to drive in and set up. Yes there are full timers and they do their thing and we did ours. Owners are great people it is a well maintained RV Park. If it wasn't so far from the house we would be back. You get there and find you have needs everything is close enough to get no matter what it is. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

101 102 c1

3 Food stores, Walmart, Lowes, pizza del, sonic,Target, Everything you would need is close now matter what it is.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

If you are tent camping - IGNORE THIS LOCATION. The tenting area is a small area of grass right next to the bathrooms/comfort station. People talking, making noise and traveling next to your tent ALL NIGHT LONG to use the facilities. The tenting area is also right next to a street that appears to have heavy loud traffic all night long. You get all these pleasures for $30 a night plus taxes.... WHAT A JOKE! I left before I paid them. I pulled my tent down within a few hours after I couldn't fall asleep. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Tent.

Tent Section
Other

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $33.00

Mostly permanent residents. Very close quarters. Two spaces had to go across our patio area for them to get out. Hard to manouver the motorhome. The location was convenient to Nashville and stores. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles

The Tokyo Japanese Steak House was wonderful.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $37.00

Big park with large portion of permanent/seasonal campers. Gravel streets & lots, little grass. Lots of mature trees, mostly on perimeter. Helpful staff. $1.25 wash/ $.25 dry. Overheard that this was formerly a KOA - small pool (closed for season) and playground reflect that. Trash pickup twice a day. Small dog walk, no offleash area. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Well situated for shopping, dining, and sightseeing in Nashville or other small towns. Lovely area with several nice parks & greenways. We'd stay here again if in the area.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $35.00

We are full-timers with a big rig. It was a perfectly good campground. Can get a bit crowded but we have no complaints. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $42.00

This was self-described as an "urban campground" and that is very accurate. Most of the residents are longterm folks and their RV's have not been moved in moths or years. The park offered hookups in almost every nook and cranny of the property at odd angles with very circuitous routes in the campground. We truly needed a guide to find our spot. The helpers were courteous and helpful but the park is really only for spending the night sleeping while enjoying all that Nashville offers. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Nashville has all the sites you might want to enjoy but the RV park is very busy and barely acceptable and one cannot really enjoy just spending a day relaxing at your site. We will come back and use this park only in an emergency situation -it was not like we wanted but was only a practical place to put our RV during our visit to Nashville and visit our friends about 40 miles away.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $33.00

We like the location as we are visiting family. The internet is not great and the sites are too close together. No cable tv !! The people here are great but it does look like a refugee camp with a lot of live ins and looking unkempt in places....I would come back again. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

car wash south 3/4 mile

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This park was formerly a KOA and it shows. Evidently since it's no longer a KOA the owners got greedy and crammed in double the sites making for the Rv's to be extremely close together and sites were very unlevel and park generally was dirty. I doubt we will ever stay there again. Definitely not a pleasant park to stay at and had noise from nearby highway. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Truck Camper.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

This was a nice park. We were here in June and came back in September. The park is clean and people are nice. In September they had workers from google which made the park crowded. We enjoyed the pool Would come back again. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

Very nice and polite staff. Stayed one month, had a great time, HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING HERE. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Nashville, anything Country. Within 20 mins of everything you can think of ie: Opry shopping Mall which includeds a Bass Pro, Opry land, most favorite restaurants within 5 miles etc.

Featured Campgrounds Near Nashville I-24 Campground

Are you affiliated with Nashville I-24 Campground ?