6 Average

Nashville I-24 Campground

Smyrna, Tennessee

1130 Rocky Fork Rd
Smyrna, Tennessee 37167

Ask fellow campers about "Nashville I-24 Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $37.00

Stopped here for an overnight travel stop. Used only electricity and WiFi. Our site was in the middle of a wide gravel area, pretty much undefined except for the hookups pedestal. There is no picnic table or any grass in sight. The whole park is pretty much a small gravel surface. People were very nice and helpful. Dog walk areas are VERY restricted. Overall it met our needs for an overnight stop but would not plan on it for more. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $35.00

I called about 4:45PM and explained my needs, and that I wouldn't arrive until 7:45PM. She told me my rate, said she would leave a map to my site and welcome to Nashville--a very pleasant person. When I arrived and picked up my map, a golf cart came out of the dark and ask me what site I was in, and led me right to it --GREAT service. I set up, then hit the clean showers and enjoyed a quiet night. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Uwe

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Although our reservation was lost, very friendly staff was able to accommodate with a suitable site. (We stayed on the) end of row lot, hence no neighbor on the "eating" side, quiet, some shade, not level. Quality of sites seems mixed: some with adequate space between sites, others with nearly none. Mostly gravel and not very level. Be sure you call before arrival to confirm your reservation. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $37.00

Great place. Loved the setting. Employees super nice. We've stayed in many parks that were not as nice a this place. Good WiFi and many OTA digital channels. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Nashville I-24 Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $37.00

A typical older park, it worked well for visiting areas near Nashville, ( we were going to Franklin and Brentwood mostly ) and it is half the price or less of the ones up north near the most famous Nashville attractions. The lots are mostly shady and sometimes level. The 50 amp sites are mostly back-ins and a bit more spacious than the pull throughs. The swimming pool and playground were inviting, but kids may enjoy somewhere else more as there is not much else for entertainment. Many units appear to be lived in full time, but there were no derelict units as you sometimes see in parks like this. The office lady was very pleasant and the C store was nicely stocked. We would stay here again. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A couple miles away up Old Nashville Hwy you'll find shopping and restaurants. There is a Food Lion within a mile in the opposite direction.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

This is an older RV park located near to Nashville (20 miles) and 2 easy miles from I-24 in a nice suburban neighborhood. Staff and other campers were all friendly and helpful. Most sites are FHU pull-through with back-in sites around the perimeter. Sites are somewhat level, gravel, and very close together with no grass nor landscaping in between. There are shade trees which are well trimmed. Bath houses were clean and modern. The laundry room needs lots of work. Our utilities worked fairly well with low power one afternoon when it was really hot. WiFi worked most of the time. There is a small grassy unfenced dog area. I would stay here again if need be. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

The Creature Comforts Kennel was close by and was a great place to leave our dog for the day while we were sightseeing. We really enjoyed the Jack Daniels Distillery tour in Lynchburg, about an hours drive away.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

Very friendly and helpful staff, had a problem with Toad battery, and guide helped immediately before showing us to our site. Site was horrible, in NO way level, front to back or side to side! Neighbors are literally on top of each other, must say though, some other sites did appear to have a bit more space between. Access roads were also a bit difficult to navigate due cars and trucks protruding into roadways (not much space to park toads or tow vehicles on each RV site). We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Close to ALL stores and restaurants in a nice residential area, not far off I-24

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $37.00

Park is easily accessible from I-75 in a quite location. Sites are relatively level, gravel packed but close together. Some full time residents but not many. Restrooms were clean and functional. Camp store was stocked well with necessities and gifts. Staff was very friendly and helpful, directing you to your site and helping you maneuver into place. Sites had full hookups, a picnic table and fire ring. Some shade was present on most sites, ours had 2 mature trees. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return when in the area. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Motorhome.

Nashville, TN is only 20 miles away and there is lot to see and do. The Country Music Hall of Fame, Ryman Theater and of course Broadway St are must see. The Grand Ole Opry is also a must, however, when we were here there weren't any shows that fit into our schedule.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $37.00

If you plan on being in the Smyrna area for awhile do not camp here. They will promise you a long term slot, get you onsite then tell you they only have a week or two available. They will also tell you you will have to move your RV to a different site in two weeks or so. Most of the sites are TINY. You will not have room to park a big truck if you want to sit outside at a picnic table. It's a gravel parking lot with sites too close together to have any room. Their website gives options on their rates but when you get there it's one price. The office staff is as fake as I've ever met. Unfriendly too. They overcharge for their sites. For the amount they charge more space is needed, their staff needs to take courses in how to be polite and friendly. Do not use their recommended RV repairman either. He is a joke and will charge you for not fixing the problem. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $32.00

The campground staff was very helpful..couldn't ask for better hospitality. The only issue I had was with the extremely small size of the sites - parking my truck in front or back of my rig was impossible, so I parked on the side..but it was tricky. The location is very good for getting around Smyrna. Not hard to imagine this was once a KOA. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The National Stones River Civil War Battle Park is approximately 20 minutes away and well worth the visit - there's a small museum, easy hiking and the Civil War battle grounds and cemetery are well maintained and easily accessible. The National Park staff was helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable as always.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

The campground was extremely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Pet-friendly. The only downside was the spaces were a little cramped. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

We did not realize we were arriving for the Eclipse and could not find a site anywhere to camp. I-24 Campground had 1 night available (Sat.) so we took it. When we got there they said they had a cancellation, so we could stay as long as needed. On Sunday night they had a great country band in the pavilion, and were serving free pizza. We danced, and visited with a lot a people and in general had a ball. This campground was full and yet everyone was so nice. The first campsite they gave us had a water leak in the outside water line. They came & put wood over the soft area and a long piece under the front of our stabilizers. On Monday morning the moved us to a much bigger site with no problems. On Monday they served free hot dogs & hamburgers for an Eclipse party. Monday night they had a couple singing Bluegrass, and Wednesday night they had a couple of guys singing country rock. The staff was so amazing, so accommodating to our every need. The grounds were clean & well maintained. We loved this campground! We had been traveling since August 4th and this was the best campground of all. (we stayed in brand name campgrounds the rest of the time.) We even stayed an extra day just to enjoy ourselves. We would stay here again if we come back to Nashville! We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not real close to Nashville, but it wasn't a big deal. Lots of other stores in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

Very friendly, kind and helpful staff. Campground was impeccably clean, and well maintained. The showers were beautifully tiled with newer fixtures. The pool is big and very clean. Our only issue was that the sites were tight and had no grass but for the type of camping we were doing it was perfectly fine. Guests were welcomed with no hassles and they provided great entertainment and complimentary food. Overall it was fantastic experience. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

There are shopping plazas a short drive away with grocery stores, gas and dining. Easy highway access. Decent safe neighborhood.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $33.00

We stayed a week here and had a great time. People say its is tight maybe they need more driving time. We had more than enough room to drive in and set up. Yes there are full timers and they do their thing and we did ours. Owners are great people it is a well maintained RV Park. If it wasn't so far from the house we would be back. You get there and find you have needs everything is close enough to get no matter what it is. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

101 102 c1

3 Food stores, Walmart, Lowes, pizza del, sonic,Target, Everything you would need is close now matter what it is.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

If you are tent camping - IGNORE THIS LOCATION. The tenting area is a small area of grass right next to the bathrooms/comfort station. People talking, making noise and traveling next to your tent ALL NIGHT LONG to use the facilities. The tenting area is also right next to a street that appears to have heavy loud traffic all night long. You get all these pleasures for $30 a night plus taxes.... WHAT A JOKE! I left before I paid them. I pulled my tent down within a few hours after I couldn't fall asleep. We camped at Nashville I-24 Campground in a Tent.

Tent Section
Other

Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Nashville I-24 Campground

Are you affiliated with Nashville I-24 Campground ?