8 Good

Recent Rate: $46 8/2016

Latitude: 35.622855195079

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

This park would be considered nice among campgrounds. Staff was friendly and park clean. This being my first experience witha KOA. The only problem I have with this CG is the fact they charge additional $3.00 per child. I was told by staff this was common practice at all KOA parks. If so this will be my one and only KOA stop. It's not the money as much as it is a penalty on the family. I travel with my wife only throughout the summer with the exception of two or three weeks when I have my grandkids. I know this is a rant however for a company who portrays itself as the family campground I find it ironic they penalize the family for staying with them. Will be my last if this is common at all KOAs.

Having voiced my complaints in reference to charging for children, the park would in my opinion be an average park with respects to grounds. Sites were level and water and 30 AMP service worked well. Also as a positive the bathhouse was very clean and well maintained. Cable TV was good with 20 plus channels. Cell service (Verizion) was very good with 4 bars. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

This park is located near the Mayfield Dairy (children enjoyed the factory tour, with ice cream at the conclusion, and also near the Lost Sea attraction also enjoyed by all.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

The family and staff members are awesome! Very personable and they are there to help if you need it. They hauled away our tow dolly to keep the park looking neat (I can tell they run a tight ship) and brought it back in no time when we asked. They helped when I need some pliers too!

The facilities are spot on, very clean. Pool looked good and there are great activities if you have younger kids. Jump pad, balloon war, big foot was seen in the park with free ice cream, hayrides, etc. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Other

Check the site map for the kind of site you want, if you want it more private you may need to get a premium site. Many sites share the same driveway (2 per site). I think this is what the other reviews are referring too as "close". The campground is awesome, so don't sweat it. Just get a site and have some fun. People keep to themselves until you open up to them from my experience.

CamperSupport, employee at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA responded to this review

We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time camping with us! We are glad you enjoyed our facilities, pool, and activities like the jumping pillow, balloon war, hayride, and more! We have an awesome team that works very hard to make sure our guests are having a great time, and we are so happy to hear you did. Thank you so much for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

Nice campground located a short distance off of I-75. Well placed signs help direct you - since you are traveling some local (narrow) roads. Decent layout of sites - we were only there for overnight. Pull-thru site was long enough and easy to level. Electric, water, and sewer all worked well and were within easy reach. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us, Dave! We're glad you were able to find us easily, and that you found our grounds and your campsite to be satisfactory for your needs. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

A nice KOA near interstate with pleasant staff and some nice things to see nearby. - Good cable tv and adequate Internet. We stayed here 1 night while travelling - our site was 30 amp and water - no sewer. We would stay here again. We are a class B Roadtrek with no slides nor toad. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Great restaurant across interstate.

Thank you for overnighting with us 'Kazimira'! We hope to see you again sometime!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

As others have stated, the road leading in to the campground is narrow with some decently deep ditches on either side. I've yet to run into another rig coming in the opposite direction, but passing your average car coming in the opposite direction is interesting to say the least. It's not a long drive and doesn't detract from the park, but something to bear in mind.

The park itself is relatively nice. The folks working were very friendly, both during check in, while escorting us to our site and while generally going about their business. Always had a smile and a wave.

As one might expect for a KOA, the sites are pretty close together. The sites were clean and well maintained. Our site had a picnic table and a fire pit but the fire pit was located right next to a tree (which had the battle scars to prove it) and too close to the coach for comfort. We only stayed one night - and it was HOT - so not having a fire wasn't a big deal.

Most sites that I took note of were pretty well shaded. We had no luck getting our DirecTV dish to pick up the satellites. Cable TV was available, but we didn't take advantage of it.

Wireless service was relatively slow. Granted, it was a summer weekend and the park was relatively full, but I wouldn't count on their service if you needed quality internet for business purposes. Verizon cell and data services were very good, however, with download speeds in the 60Mb/s range. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Thanks so much for your kind, detailed review! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds, your campsite, and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

Spent one night while traveling with a 38 ft rig towing a car. Tight park for a motorhome towing. Site not level, hard to negotiate. Some other sites looked more spacious. Restrooms old but clean. Would not stay again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please accept our sincere apologies for your less than perfect stay. Our goal is to provide every single guest with the best experience here at the park and it appears that we have fell short this time. If we were informed of your situation, we would have done our best to accommodate moving you to another site.
We do hope that you will give us a second chance, but if not, we wish you all the best.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $48.00

Average KOA campground. Friendly service and good hookups. Did not use WiFi. We had a gravel pull-thru site that was somewhat level. The only concern is the county road leading to the campground, I would not want to meet another RV going the opposite direction as the road is narrow with no shoulder and trees right next to the pavement. We would stay again when in the area. We travel in a motorhome. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Thanks for your review! We are glad you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed your campsite and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We hope to see you again in the future, and safe travels!

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a very well kept, peaceful park. My husband really enjoyed fishing in the pond. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

41B
Asphalt, Grass

We so appreciate your awesome review! We are glad you and your husband had a wonderful stay with us, and enjoyed the grounds, fishing in the pond, and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $50.00

This was a great stop for a one nighter. The staff was friendly and led us to our site. Services were good, cell service was good, we have AT&T, wifi was slow but adequate. Sites were close but that's to be expected with a KOA. Plenty of shade and sites were fairly level, we were pulling our toad for the first time and was able to manuvere around the campground to our site. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

For a over night stop this was great, about 5 miles from I75....We would stay here again....

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $45.00

We arrived very late, after some equipment issues. Even at 10pm was met by a staff member who guided us to our site. Even stayed with us to provide lite while we disconnected the TOAD and hooked up elec. and water. Park was clean and well kept. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $41.00

We don't usually stay at KOA because of the price. We have no kids so we do not use playgrounds, pools, activities or pet areas. But they have them all. We did use the laundry facility. It was clean, however clothes were left in dryer and hanging on the one and only basket. And that was from the lady in the office. It has a nice little store and the guy that helped us was very friendly & nice. Think he was an activities director. Sites are closer than we like but campground very well kept. Cable TV, and WiFi was slow but usable. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $23.00

The site was tight for a 40' RV and Jeep but was fairly level and all utilities worked well. The WiFi was good most of the time and the cable TV signal was strong except for the local channels. Be careful turning into the park as it is on a sharp curve, use the large mirror mounted near the entrance. The owners work hard to keep it clean and are very helpful if you need anything. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $43.00

Campground is adequate for an overnight stay when driving on I-75. Our site was located just past the office so our door opened just a few feet from the main road into the campground. The best campsites are located behind the office, but they don't appear to have sewer. The bathrooms smelled like they needed a good cleaning. On the plus side the staff people were professional, helpful and friendly. We would stay here again but will continue our search for a nice campground on this stretch of I-75. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $43.00

Arrived late for only one night going south, but liked the place from the moment we were greeted by the owner/hostess. The sites are a bit narrow, but level with easy connections. Internet was TengoInternet, but access and speed were good. This is a well-treed campground and gorgeous in the Fall foliage season. Very quiet with easy in and out. Will return when we're back in the area. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $60.00

Easy off/on I75. Spacious sites, lots of trees, paved sites and roads. Very helpful staff. Good Wi-Fi and cable. Quiet and peaceful. When in the area, would definitely come back. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA?