8 Good

Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Sweetwater, Tennessee

269 Murrays Chapel Rd
Sweetwater, Tennessee 37874

Ask fellow campers about "Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Tennessee = hills. We are always cautious in Tennessee because of the terrain. So, I always ask lots of questions and for the most part we were given accurate information. KOA isn't too far from highway but down a narrow road and park entrance is on a dangerous curve but a mirror is installed on a pole. Large speed bumps at entance and exit. We were given a double site which was plenty long enough. But with a slight incline and narrow road to get out was a constant worry for the week we were there. There was a picnic table and fire pit. Upon departure, we were fortunate that the unit behind us across the road left as we were packing up so we were able to back up into that site to avoid the incline and narrow road if we were to pull straight out of our site. We have a 40' 5th wheel and dually truck so that was our problem. There were several other sites that would have been more acceptable but we managed. Knowing what we know now about the layout of this park we would request a different site. Overall, a nice park and location. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

Not far off the interstate (I - 75) but the road noise isn't too bad. Most of the sites require some leveling and are a bit narrow but are manageable. The hosts are really nice and friendly and like to joke around but they do take good care of the campground. The men's bathroom was clean and the shower stalls are small even for my 5'-10", 180# self but the hot water felt so good after a long day on the road. I will stay here again if I need a stopover. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

I was just passing through

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $43.00

Nice quiet campground conveniently located off I-75. Narrow road going into the entrance of campground and entrance located on a bend so be careful with oncoming traffic. Good water pressure. WiFi was a pain as it was Tengo Internet and signal very weak. Cable was snowy on most channels. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Good overnight travel stop with easy access to and from I-75.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We stopped for overnight. The Park is easy to get to from the interstate. It was very quiet at night. The sites are relative close together but adequate. It is heavily wooded so satellite is out but the shade keeps everything cooler. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

As others have said be very careful making the turn into the park. It is on a blind curve. There is a mirror installed so that you can see any oncoming traffic.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

First time at a KOA and was disappointed. All sites were pull-through, some concrete pads, some gravel, none were level. I needed about 4" to level side to side. I also had to disconnect to be able to level front to back. I noticed every RV had leveling blocks on the street side. Cable reception was poor, switched to OTA from Knoxville and very clear. Sites are very close to one another. Grass was well kept, nice area for dog exercise. This was an overnight stay. Park was very quiet. I don't think I will stop here again, a little overpriced for the site. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $38.00

This was a typical KOA that we would use for a one night travel stop. It was close to I-75 with good access. Be REALLY carful as you enter as the entrance is on a very sharp curve with limited visibility. The roads are good but narrow. The sites are paved but I did use one set of leveling blocks - not bad at all. The sites were relatively close together and was just long enough for me to stay hooked to my tow vehicle. Our site, number 65 was on the outside loop and was very comfortable. Most sites are shaded. There is a very good dog park.
All in all, it was a good stop over with a friendly and helpful staff. We would stay there again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

CamperSupport, employee at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA responded to this review

Thank you for camping with us! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds, your campsite, and our dog park and staff. Also - we appreciate your leaving the tip about the road for potential future guests; we want everyone to be safe and it's definitely a curve to watch out for! Thanks for leaving us a review, and we look forward to having you back again sometime.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Typical smaller site KOA. My asphalt site had several bumps in it, so needed a few pads to assist with leveling. While typical close spacing for most, site 39 has no one on its left. Entrance to park is on a tight road, pay attention on the approach as the entrance to the park is on a curve. Look for the mirror for oncoming traffic you can't see around the bend. I would return for an overnight. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Walmart ten minutes away.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds, and appreciate the tip for future guests about the curve in the road. We hope to see you again sometime, and safe travels!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

Close to I75. Very nice staff and a most reasonably priced KOA. The park was very clean with lots of trash cans. The only problem were the narrow roads in and out and within the campground. The site was long enough with room to spare for a tow with our 40 foot motorhome without having to unhook. The sites are rather narrow. There is cable available but not of the best quality. A playground, pool, and doggie park make this a desired stopover and perhaps a 2 or 3 night destination. The electric, sewer and water hookups were very accessible. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Lost sea-an underground lake and cave. Wide paths, good guide. 1/2 mile walk down, uphill 1/4 mile walk back. The Dinner Bell just across the interstate, same exit has scrumptious Southern food. We ate there for lunch($8.49) and for breakfast. Ate from the buffet both meals. Can also order from a menu and breakfast all day from menu. Lunch starts 11 am.

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location, grounds, your campsite, and our amenities. We also appreciate your leaving some tips for potential guests - it's always great to know where to eat and what to see in the area! :) We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

This park would be considered nice among campgrounds. Staff was friendly and park clean. This being my first experience witha KOA. The only problem I have with this CG is the fact they charge additional $3.00 per child. I was told by staff this was common practice at all KOA parks. If so this will be my one and only KOA stop. It's not the money as much as it is a penalty on the family. I travel with my wife only throughout the summer with the exception of two or three weeks when I have my grandkids. I know this is a rant however for a company who portrays itself as the family campground I find it ironic they penalize the family for staying with them. Will be my last if this is common at all KOAs.

Having voiced my complaints in reference to charging for children, the park would in my opinion be an average park with respects to grounds. Sites were level and water and 30 AMP service worked well. Also as a positive the bathhouse was very clean and well maintained. Cable TV was good with 20 plus channels. Cell service (Verizion) was very good with 4 bars. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

This park is located near the Mayfield Dairy (children enjoyed the factory tour, with ice cream at the conclusion, and also near the Lost Sea attraction also enjoyed by all.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

The family and staff members are awesome! Very personable and they are there to help if you need it. They hauled away our tow dolly to keep the park looking neat (I can tell they run a tight ship) and brought it back in no time when we asked. They helped when I need some pliers too!

The facilities are spot on, very clean. Pool looked good and there are great activities if you have younger kids. Jump pad, balloon war, big foot was seen in the park with free ice cream, hayrides, etc. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Other

Check the site map for the kind of site you want, if you want it more private you may need to get a premium site. Many sites share the same driveway (2 per site). I think this is what the other reviews are referring too as "close". The campground is awesome, so don't sweat it. Just get a site and have some fun. People keep to themselves until you open up to them from my experience.

We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time camping with us! We are glad you enjoyed our facilities, pool, and activities like the jumping pillow, balloon war, hayride, and more! We have an awesome team that works very hard to make sure our guests are having a great time, and we are so happy to hear you did. Thank you so much for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

Nice campground located a short distance off of I-75. Well placed signs help direct you - since you are traveling some local (narrow) roads. Decent layout of sites - we were only there for overnight. Pull-thru site was long enough and easy to level. Electric, water, and sewer all worked well and were within easy reach. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us, Dave! We're glad you were able to find us easily, and that you found our grounds and your campsite to be satisfactory for your needs. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

A nice KOA near interstate with pleasant staff and some nice things to see nearby. - Good cable tv and adequate Internet. We stayed here 1 night while travelling - our site was 30 amp and water - no sewer. We would stay here again. We are a class B Roadtrek with no slides nor toad. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Great restaurant across interstate.

Thank you for overnighting with us 'Kazimira'! We hope to see you again sometime!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

As others have stated, the road leading in to the campground is narrow with some decently deep ditches on either side. I've yet to run into another rig coming in the opposite direction, but passing your average car coming in the opposite direction is interesting to say the least. It's not a long drive and doesn't detract from the park, but something to bear in mind.

The park itself is relatively nice. The folks working were very friendly, both during check in, while escorting us to our site and while generally going about their business. Always had a smile and a wave.

As one might expect for a KOA, the sites are pretty close together. The sites were clean and well maintained. Our site had a picnic table and a fire pit but the fire pit was located right next to a tree (which had the battle scars to prove it) and too close to the coach for comfort. We only stayed one night - and it was HOT - so not having a fire wasn't a big deal.

Most sites that I took note of were pretty well shaded. We had no luck getting our DirecTV dish to pick up the satellites. Cable TV was available, but we didn't take advantage of it.

Wireless service was relatively slow. Granted, it was a summer weekend and the park was relatively full, but I wouldn't count on their service if you needed quality internet for business purposes. Verizon cell and data services were very good, however, with download speeds in the 60Mb/s range. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Thanks so much for your kind, detailed review! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds, your campsite, and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

Spent one night while traveling with a 38 ft rig towing a car. Tight park for a motorhome towing. Site not level, hard to negotiate. Some other sites looked more spacious. Restrooms old but clean. Would not stay again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please accept our sincere apologies for your less than perfect stay. Our goal is to provide every single guest with the best experience here at the park and it appears that we have fell short this time. If we were informed of your situation, we would have done our best to accommodate moving you to another site.
We do hope that you will give us a second chance, but if not, we wish you all the best.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $48.00

Average KOA campground. Friendly service and good hookups. Did not use WiFi. We had a gravel pull-thru site that was somewhat level. The only concern is the county road leading to the campground, I would not want to meet another RV going the opposite direction as the road is narrow with no shoulder and trees right next to the pavement. We would stay again when in the area. We travel in a motorhome. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Thanks for your review! We are glad you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed your campsite and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We hope to see you again in the future, and safe travels!

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Are you affiliated with Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA ?