Casa del Valle

Recent Rate: $30 1/2013

Latitude: 26.2066017245538
Longitude: -98.1192398071289

hsvjim

During setup I attempted to plug into the 50 amp plug. The plug was very loose, and I assumed it was worn, but there was no power in the 50 amp plug, so I installed my 30 amp to a 50 amp converter. I went to the office, and was told they had upgraded the entire electrical system and were having problem with the 50 amp plugs, and they didn’t know when they could get an electrician out to fix it. The manager shouted from her office to use the 30 amp plug. I took the power stand apart and fixed the plug myself. The park is well kept and clean, but well over half of the sites are either mobile homes or park models with a bunch of old grouchy people. The park map they give you shows there are about 260 RV sites, but a large number of these have park models in them. We were lucky and our site is surrounded by long term Rvers from Ontario who are good, friendly people. The website says it is pet friendly which is a flat lie. Look at the park map and look at the very small pet areas. Since we have been here, the park has passed a rule that pets are not allowed to do their business on grass areas even though we pick up. They expect you to drag your pet to one of the pet areas, and if they can’t make it and pee on the concrete they tell you to carry a bottle of bleach and water to spray on the spot. If your dog can’t make it to the pet area and does it's business on the grass, it is likely an old grouch will come out and start chewing on you about “Don’t you know the rules about pets?” To say the least, we will not stay at this place again. We camped at Casa del Valle in a Motorhome.

joecool

We stayed a month because of a coupon special. The park is great ,clean, nice restrooms, showers, pool, and hot tub. The down side is we had a site with little groundcover and a lot of sand burrs. The sand burrs were very irritating; had to spend a lot of time every day pulling them from the dog's hair. We were invaded the third day by little red ants that bite. We spent the rest of our month there trying to get rid of them . When I complained about the sand burrs and the ants I was told I could HIRE someone to come spray for them, thats what most people do. I don't feel I should pay for a camping spot and do their landscaping and pest control for them. If you like potlucks, shuffleboard and riding around in your golf cart you will love it here. I was told several times by employees that this was the nicest campground in the area. We stopped and checked with some others in the area and found as good or better. The gate is triggered by a vehicle to leave the park. If you want to go for a walk outside the park you can't get out. I don't understand the problem with walk out gate with a code pad. We will not stay again. It was a cheap stay with the coupon; you get what you pay for. We camped at Casa del Valle in a Fifth Wheel.

Bubba

This will be my 6th year returning to this park. It is an over 55 park and does not accommodate children. A short visit is allowed if prearranged. Every amenity you could ever want is here. Close to everything, but far enough from the freeway to keep down the noise. An hour to the Gulf and 15 minutes to Mexico. Five miles from a National Wildlife Refuge that is first class. You can't find a better place in the Valley. We camped at Casa del Valle in a Motorhome.

Oscar

Nice 55 park for monthly stays, lots of activity and places to go. 50-50 for park models and RV's, Very clean and up to date. Wi-fi is extra. Passport. We camped at Casa del Valle in a Motorhome.

San Antonio KOA

San Antonio, Texas

Tip 'O Texas

Pharr, Texas

Sleepy Valley Resort

Mission, Texas

Pleasant Valley Resort

Mission, Texas

Are you affiliated with Casa del Valle?