Dallas / Arlington KOA

Recent Rate: $62 7/2016

• Phone Phone yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $62.00

Typical KOA, too much kid stuff, tight spaces, and slightly run down. I had to have them trim a tree so I could extend one of my slides. Way too many permanent residents including trash and personal belongings all over the place. There were three derelict trucks parked by the pool that should not have been there. The access is poor with only the right lane to get in or out and a somewhat steep driveway entrance. I had to use all three lanes to get out. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $39.00

This is a great place. Even though it is in the middle of a very commercial area, it is a lovely, quiet oasis. Paved roads, gravel sites with grass and picnic tables. There are trees by many of the sites. Half of the sites are pull through with additional parking for a car. We stayed here for two weeks and had no problems. Everything was clean and well kept up. About half of the sites looked fairly permanent, but they were also well kept. Our price included a long stay rate. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

There is a curbed median directly in front of the entrance that extends almost the whole block. Do not approach this park from the north on Cooper Street. Anything bigger than a Class B will not be able to do a U-turn.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $45.00

This is a very average to slightly below average park. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course - but there is no beauty here for me. I was surprised at how cramped it is based on previous reviews. My pull-through was long enough but I couldn't reach the sewer connection and have my truck hooked at the same time - so I had to bring out the extension. My living room roadside slide was hanging over my neighbors outside living area and his huge grill/smoker was right in front of my electrical/water access and I could barely open the door. All hookups are close to the living space of the neighboring site - and I mean close. There are dogs chained outside the rigs all up and down the row I was parked on so taking my dogs out raised a ruckus and many owners stayed inside and let their dogs lunge and howl. The small fence posts that are rebarred into the ground on the perimeter of my site are pulled out and buckled - creating a nightmare for pulling into and out of the site without puncturing a tire. After I got in and checked my truck I saw that the right rear tire was about 2" from 2 large, sharp screws sticking out of the posts which were meant to hold two of the posts together. Lots of longer term people with junk around their rigs. Barking dogs. Tight spaces. Not a very nice place. I would never come back if in the area. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $20.00

We stayed at the Dallas/Arlington KOA for four months while we were looking for a new house.
The campground is in a flood plain but despite record rainfall, the water in the nearby creek never reached the campground.
The campground overall and the restrooms and showers in particular were always clean.
The pool was very nice.
They had a nice pancake breakfast benefiting the KOA Kids charity on Sunday during the summer.
They placed the long-term campers towards the back of the campground.
All the long-term campers were very friendly and always greeted us when we drove or walked by.
The campground was very quiet; we never experienced any problem with noise.
The playground was nice but pretty basic and perhaps a little "old fashion."
They have two dog parks, one for smaller dogs and the other for larger dogs.
While we don't have a dog we did hear a neighbor complain that some of the campers were not cleaning up after their dogs.
This same neighbor told us that when they complained to the owner he wasn't receptive to their concerns.
They were having trouble with the Wi-Fi while we were there.
There were several days when it wasn't working at all.
We used it mostly for email and reading the electronic copy of the newspaper.
When it was working it wasn't super fast.
After some frustration we began using our own wireless "Mifi" for the newspaper.
Rate reflects monthly rate of $560 plus electricity. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Park is fairly close to Six Flags over Texas (amusement park,) Globe Life Park (Texas Rangers baseball,) and AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys football.)

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $18.00

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the dog park as it is separate for large dogs and small dogs. No agility equipment to get in the way of a good run. Location is nice as it is near lots of restaurants and shopping. Wi-Fi worked great!

The monthly section needs to be cleaned up. Some of the sites are quite trashy. Lots of tarps. Many owners allow their dogs to stay outside and bark and try to chase people that walk by. The rules just need to be enforced and the park would be so much better.

Rate reflects daily rate for a monthly rental. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Parks Mall is just a few miles away. Krispy Kreme is across the street.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $40.00

If you want to stay downtown, this is the place. However, the park is set back from the street, and you really don't get any "city noise". There is a mix of travellers and long-term residents, but the park is generally well-maintained. Diesel pickups leave for work a little noisily and a little early. The sites are sufficient in size, but not what you would call large, unless you opt for the premium super sites with patios. Have to say that those are nice. Road through the park is narrow, but we managed with a 38 ft. towing. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $50.00

Spacious sites, plenty of large pull-thrus. It's the bleak midwinter today but yesterday was in the 70s and people actually in the pool.

Cable good, wifi the usual slow affair but free. Two decently sized dog runs; one for large and the other for small dogs.

Busy - looks like there is a fair mix between long term stays and temporary guest like us but it has been quiet. There is a gate and you need an access code at night. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Plenty of stores near by: Target 1 mile down the road. Convenient for DFW.

G W

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $54.00

Stayed 3 days. Even though you are in the middle of Arlington, as usual for KOA, it seems like you are out in the country. Site was pull-through and slanted high in front so rear and left side needed blocks to make it level. Site had a grill, picnic table and patio. It was gravel and seemed a little short for my 36' camper and truck. Cable was great. WiFi was a little slow and not constant. Staff were very friendly. Office had a well supplied store but maybe a little high in price. When you approach, you must swing wide to the right. The entrance really needs to be widened, but doable. Showers/restrooms and laundry were very clean and operable. Two dog runs, one for large and one for small. Very secure. Gates closed at 7pm and a code was necessary. There are several permanent sites but the occupants were friendly. No problems with noise or parties. Will return. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $42.00

Clean and well maintained park with wonderful amenities. Their pool is beautiful and their laundry facilities are excellent. Their office has an convenience store with RV necessities. The sites are a bit slanted either to the back or front of your RV so you have to make up for it with lots of leveling jack action. The site was adequately large for my 38 foot Fifth Wheel and Dually long bed truck. They use Tangonet as their WIFI provider so it isn't good. I ended up using my own Verizon WIFI to get a constant connection. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Ask for a site near the pool and dog walk. On the heavily shaded pads watch out for low hanging tree limbs.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

Spent three nights here. The entire campground slopes from South to North. If you face North, you will be low in the front, opposite for facing South. Some spaces slope more than others. I used two 2x12 boards on the front to get close to level. Had worse in my travels. Park is satisfactory. Perms all seemed friendly and we had no issues. Big dog runs with grass, one for small and one for large breeds. Water pressure and power all good. Paved roads and gravel sites and grass between sites. Close to I-20 and fine for an over night or longer. Easy to maneuver in our 40' MH with a toad. The entry driveway is a little tight. If you are long, take a lane and a half on the approach to give you more turning room. Let the cars honk. We would stay here again. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $48.00

My rate reflects a 15% discount. Considering the cost, not exactly a great park. Many of the long term spots are cluttered, with several right up at the front of the park with residential window unit air conditioners, bright (gaudy) colored LED light strings on patios, etc... The pool area is great. Park is well lit at night, but almost to the point of being too bright.

My gravel spot was fairly level side-to-side, but had to drop 4-5" on the front to get level that direction. Scraped my air conditioner and skylights on tree limbs. The limbs were not trimmed in the 4 days we were there as I had immediately requested on pulling in. If we had gotten a good wind while we were there, I have no doubt they would have damaged my roof.

Spot had a concrete patio, picnic table, and BBQ pit. Good location, easy to get anywhere in the metro area. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $42.00

The only reason why I didn't give this park a 10 is because of some "longer-term" residents who could spruce up their site, and who leave for work very early in the morning. Other than that, this park is perfect, beginning with the folks in the office. Wonderful people who love their job. (Maybe they own the park?) The park is in the city of Arlington, between Fort Worth and Dallas, but far enough removed from the roads that's it's pretty quiet. We were bumped up to a premium patio site with table, chairs, fireplace and a swing. Came for one day but stayed for 2. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $50.00

This KOA is located in a busy part of Arlington but once you're inside the park you'd never know it. Access to the park is easy from either I-20 or I-30. The location makes it easy to explore both Dallas and Ft. Worth. The park itself has paved roads and gravel sites. The roads are wide and the turns are easy so we had no problem maneuvering even with the toad attached. Our pull-through was significantly longer than our total 63' length and faced a green space. The park is clean and the staff were pleasant and efficient. We had several packages delivered to the park while we were there and they were held in the office for us. The only thing that could have been improved IMO was that the security gate was broken during the first part of our stay and then didn't seem to be used often (or at all) even after it supposedly had been fixed. The neighborhood immediately adjacent to the park isn't the best (although it doesn't look all that bad) and a functioning security gate would have been nice. As with most RV parks these days there are quite a few long term residents but their rigs and the park were attractively maintained. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $55.00

This is a large, clean park. There are some permanent or seasonal sites, but they are well kept up. The gravel sites are long and have picnic tables. The staff is friendly and helpful. Restaurants and showers are clean and relatively modern. There is a large, clean laundry, with newer machines. There is a small playground, a pool with chairs around it, & and a dog park. There is a small club house with couches and the kitchen. The wifi works at the club house, but we were only two rows away and it was very inconsistent. It takes about 45 minutes to get into Dallas from the park, but we were unable to find a park closer to the sights we wanted to see. The price is a little high, at $55 for the nightly stay. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $52.00

The location is what drew us to this campground. We did enjoy being in the middle of everything in Arlington; however, there is a big "but". The park is over run with long termers that don't keep their sites up well. The pool was a bit off-color and in need of a thorough cleaning. The shower/restrooms were not very clean and in desperate need of some repairs. Shower #2 was missing the shower head, #4 had almost no water pressure, and #5 had so much pressure it hurt (no flow adjustment on control knobs). We didn't try the cable. The WiFi worked really well but was not secured. We camped at Dallas / Arlington KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Treetops RV Resort

Cedar Hill State Park

Cedar Hill, Texas

Plantation Place RV Park

Sunnyvale, Texas

The Vineyards

Grapevine, Texas

Are you affiliated with Dallas / Arlington KOA?