Shady Creek RV Park & Storage

Aubrey, Texas

Recent Rate: $27 9/2014

5thwheeler

Shady Creek appears to be a fulltimers park with an occasional vacancy that allows highway travelers to come in for a night or two. Call early for an available site. The park itself is about ½ a mile off of an incredibly busy Hwy 380 so highway noise is not a problem. They accept Good Sam so the nightly rate was reasonable. Sites are all back-in with ping pong ball size white stones and parking for a towed vehicle. They have almost two pages of their park rules and regulations. Internet is offered but it is very poor and allowed us to connect for about 5 minutes during our stay. For our Internet needs, including posting this review, we were required to use our Verizon phone hotspot. This park will probably not make the list of my favorite RV parks. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Guaconwater

I stayed there for 5 days while visiting family and working in the Dallas area. The place is very clean, quiet, and well maintained. The roads are paved but the sites are gravel and fairly level. I've seen them adding gravel to re-level those sites that need work. I was told that they are under new management. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Making reservations was easy and they accommodated me well when I needed to add another day, even though it was a holiday weekend. They just said: We'll find a place for you and they did. I have stayed there 3 times already and I've always been very happy with it. I'd recommend it to anyone needing to stay in the north Dallas area. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

User2869

Great park. Very well-maintained, beautiful grounds, nice layout. Fantastic trails all around to walk. Great pet area. Office staff is very friendly and helpful. Level sites, plenty of room to back in. We decided to store our RV here, as they also have covered parking. Wonderful place and an easy drive from Dallas. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Travel Trailer.

Rick & Nancy

Park is a 10. Really clean. Spaces good, Water Pressure Good. Electric Good.  Parking for 2 cars in most sites.   Good Sam discounts    Black top roads and gravel sites. This is one of the better parks we have stayed in. Park has a 9.5 rating in Good Sam Camp Directory. The managers are Texas Friendly Folks. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

cindyz

This is our fourth visit to Shady Creek RV Park. Each time we see great improvements during our stay. We have children close by and the North Dallas Tollway is only 4 miles from the Park. During our stay, we met some really nice people at a pot luck that we attended while there. The recreation room was so nice and handy for RVers to enjoy. I could have used the fitness room more than I did, but the laundry facility was clean and well taken care of. The staff in the office and the grounds were always helpful. I feel like they know us by now. We already have our reservations made for our return in July. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

J&TMorris

This is our "home" park when we come to Dallas to visit friends and take care of our doctor visits. It's convenient to shopping and highways to get to where you need to go. This is a pretty simple property. It's got a clean laundry room. Everything is maintained well, the grounds are simple, but neat. There are two downsides to this RV Park, for us. One is the lack of a safe storm shelter (we had some severe weather while we were there and went to the local WalMart). The other is the lack of drainage (when there is heavy rain, there are often large puddles to wade through.) The roads are nicely paved and the sites have nicely packed gravel. Our price is based on the monthly rate plus electric/water. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Traveling in Faith

Very popular place, extremely full! Many full-timers. Paved roads. Sites are gravel and level. Most are back-in with a parking spot. Well kept by active maintenance crew. They also have a propane filling station. There is a pool, but we did not go in. Laundry facilities were clean. They have a fenced dog park and an open lot to run the dogs. They offer a WiFi package that we did not purchase. Easy access to Frisco/Plano, near the Dallas tollway. Staff is friendly and helpful. They have mail boxes if you are there longer. Quiet site. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

cgavagan

This was a great park. Very well kept grounds. Good distance between sites. Paved interior roads. We did not use the restrooms or laundry. Very friendly staff. We stayed for 4 days while visiting family in McKinney. Would stay here again. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

yelaroc

The grounds are very nice and well-kept. The office folks are great. I'm still getting used to parking my motor home, and someone from the office helped me. I had a problem with my refrigerator while I was there, and it looked like it would not be fixed by the time I needed to leave. Although they were fully booked, they were willing to work with me if I was unable to leave when I was supposed to. Fortunately, I was able to get it fixed and went on my way. I will stay here again this fall and will probably store my RV there next spring while I take a cruise. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

2Miles

We received a first time visitor rate of $62.50 for the first week, then paid $125 for the second week, and a total of $31 for electric, making our nightly average $15.60. This is an excellent park, very quiet, with very nice amenities. We did not use the restrooms, but the laundry room was spotless, and the pool was cleaned daily. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only reason this park did not deserve a 9 or 10 from us is that the site had very little gravel at all, and no under base, so our jacks sank in the mud, and I had to get large blocks to support them. There was almost no grass, but the weed clumps were mowed regularly. With just a little care, this could be a perfect park. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Mike Neighbours

Clean, friendly and well laid out park. Roomy level sites. Super clean laundry and bathrooms. We would definitely stay here again when in the area. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

cindyz

We stayed here three weeks and enjoyed the park very much. Used the laundry and showers and really appreciated the security code on the doors. Also how clean and kept up. My husband and I played cards on Tuesday evenings, but I really enjoyed playing games, cards, and laughing on Thursday afternoons with just the ladies. We will definitely return with home on the road. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Monaco Bob

We stayed here about two months to be close to family during the Holidays. Price reflects monthly rate but did not include electric ($.14 p/kwh) and water. The office staff and other workers are professional, courteous and have that "no problem, can do" attitude. The roads are all paved and sites are gravel. They are level or close to it. Our site was hard-packed at the front and a little soft in the back but, it was an easy fix. A huge plus for this park is they sell propane on site. They can't deliver to Class A rigs but it sure beats driving miles to buy propane. In spite of many work campers in the park, it is very quite and friendly and the sites are neat and clean; management wouldn't have it any other way. We would stay again and plan on coming back around the 1st of April. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Robert R

A paved road connects to all the sites, so no dust is generated when vehicles come and go. Large rocks used for the actual trailer sites. The large gravel will not track inside the rig, but good for providing friction. The trailer slid off Lynx levelers. Shower house OK, drains not so good. Shower bottom fills up with water. Staff is definitely helpful. Wi-Fi is an extra and worked best when computer was outside the trailer. There was some renovation scheduled for the shower houses after I left. I would stay here again if I didn't need to rely on the Wi-Fi. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Travel Trailer.

Expat

Excellent campground, very nicely laid out with plenty of room between each site. We stayed here for a week in September and were really made to feel welcome by all employees but especially by the managers. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Lighthouse RV Resort

Melissa, Texas

Texas Star RV Ranch

Melissa, Texas

Lincoln Park Manor

Aubrey, Texas

Are you affiliated with Shady Creek RV Park & Storage?