Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort

7009 South I-35, Austin, TX 78744
Austin, Texas 78744

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $43.00

We stayed here for a week while attending our granddaughter's graduation and visiting family, and have stayed here previously. While much of the park are permanent residents, its an excellent place to stay for a night or more. Clean restrooms and showers, good laundry facility, plenty of shade for most sites, and a secure location with a gated entrance. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Access is on the service road to I-35 and traffic is VERY heavy, all of the time. While the address says "South I-35" it actually is on the north direction service road, so getting there might be a bit confusing.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $47.00

This is an urban commercial park. Has gated entry and easy in and out. Long term sites located in back of park, no issues. Mostly pull-through sites with some back-ins that may be for long term campers. Our site far enough from 35 that traffic noise not an issue. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

We had happy hour at Oasis on Lake Travis. Worth the drive and supposed to be wonderful for sunsets. Take 290, 71 to 620 for less traffic and stress!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

This park is much nicer than the price indicates. The staff are friendly and accommodating, and the facilities are well above par. We stayed for an emergency stop on July 4th weekend, and they not only found us a spot, they helped us find a mobile mechanic to get us back on the road. They have an A++ swimming pool, uniformed staff, complimentary coffee, a little shop, propane, full hook-ups, shade, and pull-through sites (and cabins). We feel extremely lucky to have found this park after the emergency on the first night of our 5000-mile trip! We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

There is a Kroger nearby.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $28.00

Bathrooms and showers are brand new, and they are working on the laundry room. Everything was great for our stay. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $55.00

We chose Austin Lone Star for its proximity to Austin. We paid a premium for a portion of our stay because SXSW was going on while we were there. The campground is located along the I-35 Frontage Rd. Both 35 and the Frontage Road were under construction during our stay there with cement barriers making campground entry and exit a bit difficult, but manageable. The construction meant that the traffic was unrelenting except early morning weekends and late overnight. Unfortunately there were numerous other issues with the campground itself during our stay. The pool was out of service for upgrade during our stay. No reduction was offered nor were we notified of the closure. While we were there, we experienced difficulties with power on the site. If this had been a short term issue, we would have been mildly annoyed, but we were not pleased when other long term campers informed us that this was a long term intermittent issue that had not been resolved. Finally, the campground security was a serious concern. While there, there were two incidents, one where the police conducted a multi-hour search for a suspect who had been sighted at the business next door to the campground. The second involved a theft on a site that occurred over many hours when someone from the nearby homeless encampment came in, clipped the lock and stole multiple bikes in individual visits. This was possible even while there were supposedly two security patrols in the campground and cameras in place. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $60.00

Very crowded and close together. Lots of vehicles and stuff on individual sites due to "winter Texans" staying 3-6 months and permanent residents. They are building over 100 new pads, supposed to be finished July 2017. Lots of construction on roads around the park so though closer to downtown than some of the other parks, because of the construction it's about the same amount of time to get to your points of interest. Some noise from nearby highways. If you aren't interested in being in Austin for all the things to do, this may be a good park for you. Nice people in the park. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Lots of construction nearby

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $23.00

We were here for 2 nights February 21-22, 2017 using PA discount. We came from the north on I-35, the GPS takes you past the campground exit on Slaughter road then back north on the frontage road, lots of traffic but manageable. Check-in went smooth, they escort you to your site, mostly pull thrus for the transient RVers. The interior roads are all paved and the sites are gravel nicely maintained and clean sites. Our site was narrow, thank god I only have one slideout or it would have been a tight fit. Just put your garbage bag at the street and they pick it up for you, nice touch. I could hear the highway in the middle of the night, we were parked 2/3 the way towards the back of the CG. Many friendly snowbird campers with their nice rigs. I will definitely stay here again. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Only 11 miles to the Circuit of the Americas race track. Go on weekends if you want to get in for a tour.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $42.00

Stayed 4nts in a pull-through. Site was roomy, level with easy access to the services. We did have an electrical issue with the 50amp, park staff were quick to resolve. This is a nice secure park with easy access roads, nice laundry & restroom facilities. There was some traffic noise from the I-35 but not too bad. The down side is the access to the park from the Frontage Road, which is 1-way and very busy. Looks like the City is trying to improve but unless you are familiar it can be a challenge. GPS systems not necessarily helpful. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $47.00

Now owned Sun Resorts. Fenced pet area and dog friendly. Excellent Internet. No cable at this time, but over the air stations available and Direct TV worked. Escorted to your site, daily trash pickup. Gated with car pass. They are doing upgrades with bath houses and laundry. Mostly pull thrus and long term and permanent residents along perimeter and at rear of park. Workkampers on site. Passport America good for 2 days. Due to promixity to downtown it is a good value. I would stay here again. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Use S. Congress to access Downtown. Avoid the highways. I highly recommend Esther's Follies on 6th St., a modern day vaudeville with political skits, magic, & good comedy. Buy tickets in advance. SaltLick BBQ in Driftwood is a must do! Go early. Austin outlawed paper & plastic bags, so bring your reusable ones at grocery store. Bike trails in Lady Bird Park are nice, but can get crowded & could use additional markings. Austin is very dog friendly !

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $40.00

The staff are friendly and the RV site was fine. Sites have gravel and trees. Being renovated as recently bought by Sun.. Nice private shower/bathrooms. Mostly full-timers here. However, while it is gated for vehicles, it is not for people. I understand there is a homeless community next door. I am told they get the access codes to the rest rooms via the info left for late check-ins. The cleaning lady said she finds all kinds of things....needles, etc. We forget a lock for a bike, but didn't think it would be a problem leaving it out. It got stolen the first night. The staff said they hadn't had a problem until the past year and several have been stolen. Other campers reported other thefts. The park is right next to I-35 and the traffic is terrible and noisy. Walking in the neighborhood, I've never seen so much trash along the road and sidewalks. It was hard to find places to walk to avoid broken glass for my dog. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $60.00

Kinda hard to rate this park. The rates are up and down depending on what's going on in Austin. If you really need a place to stay this place is okay. My wife called and tried to make a reservation and they said they were, "all booked up." I tried online and easily found a reservation. We generally stay at other parks in the Austin area, but they were full. We've been here before, but it's been a year or so. Sites were like a typical KOA in a large city. Roads a little narrow, but no problem to navigate. Sites are close but not on top of each other. Most sites have a picnic table and some have grills. Quite a few full timers in the back of the park. Looked like more of the front pull throughs were travelers. Pool looked clean, staff was very friendly electricity, cable, wifi were all fine. That's where it ended. The restrooms, men and women's were beyond filthy. No paper in the stalls this morning in the men's or women's. My wife described all of the women's stalls like all previous users had explosive diarrhea. It wasn't that bad in the men's side but it was close. As I was walking up a gentleman came out, kinda resembled a "hippie." He said, "I ain't puttin' my *&% on that, nasty." I went in, and yep. I checked all the stalls and immediately left. Sad, because overall the park is okay for where it is. Now, I will say this, there were construction crews sort of rebuilding the outsides and windows of the bathrooms and laundry facilities when we were there. But that's no excuse for this Carefree Resort to be left for residents to use. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Traffic off IH 35 can be bad, but doable. Don't be scared. Lots to do in Austin. They make you give a $20.00 cash deposit for an entry gate key, which is fine. Just don't forget to give it back when you're leaving.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $45.00

We stayed at this park a few years ago and it went well. This time we had some issues but the park staff was great. They worked with our changing schedule and moved us to accommodate an issue that we were having. They are working on the park and will be upgrading a number of items. The only negative is the Austin Traffic and accessing I-35. So leave plenty of time. There is a fair amount of traffic noise towards the front depending on the time of day or night. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

If you need supplies Buda and Kyle are a few miles south and offer a better shopping experience then what is close by. Crestview Rv is in Buda and were very friendly when we needed a part.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $48.00

Stopped over on the way to the Rio Grande Valley. Nice treed RV park with reasonable sized pull throughs. Just off the Interstate but no noise. Close to the city. Would be a good base to visit Austin. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $24.00

Stayed here for one night while passing through the area. We called about mid-day on a Sunday and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. We arrived well after the office closed and our package was waiting with everything we asked for. Long gravel pull-throughs with lots or room for 40' TH and Ram dually. All utilities in good position and worked well. No cable (due to a problem with the cable provider), but there were a ton of over the air stations available. A lot of trees, so good shade (but iffy satellite).

Close to I-35, but no noise. This was a good park and it is VERY convenient to all that Austin has to offer. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

The park is on the east side of I-35, off of the frontage road. If traveling south, you will actually go past it, then exit and loop around and come back up the northbound side.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

It is located just of IH-35 south of downtown Austin. The spaces for short-term travelers are all pull-thru sites. They are gravel and fairly level. They offer free Wi-Fi, a pool, dog park, laundry service, propane service, escort to your site, and trash pick-up. Being just off IH-35, you would expect more road noise, but it is pretty quiet. There are a lot of trees, so satellite is not available at every site. We stayed in site 33 and had good Direct TV service. If you're a Texas Longhorns fan, this might be a nice place to stay if you are attending an activity. Altogether, this is a nice campground, and I would recommend it to anyone traveling through the Austin area. We camped at Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

At this time, there is no cable service. Something to do with Time-Warner scrambling their signal.

McKinney Falls State Park

Crestview RV Park

Buda, Texas

Emma Long Metropolitan Park

Pecan Grove RV Park

Austin, Texas

Are you affiliated with Austin Lone Star Carefree RV Resort ?