Whip In RV Park

7000 S Service Rd # I-20
Big Spring, Texas 79720

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Whip In RV Park" and nearby attractions.

mrk

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Ok for over night only in emergency if you are a big rig. The site was long and easy to get into. No room for awning or sitting outside it was that close. Main problem was 50 amp power was too low to run air. Surge protector kept shutting power off. Had to use power booster we carry with us to get enough voltage. Park is full with oil workers, very noisy at 5:00 A.M. when they leave for work. All things considered we will not stop here again. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

Great overnight stop. Escorted to site. No issues hooking up. Nice gated Doggie park. Easy in and out. Close to highway no noise issue for us. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Great overnight stop. Large gas station across highway can accomodate any size RV

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

The first thing I noticed about this RV park was pulling off of EB I-20. You don't exit normally, you just slide down an embankment to the frontage road. We did not roll over, but the thought crossed my mind. Upon checking in we were escorted to our site which was good, because while this park is not large, the sites are rather indistinguishable from each other. The sites are not large and we were put next to an aging motorhome that looked like it hadn't moved in a few decades. It was inhabited. We were so close to it that I had to step over his sewer connection when exiting my rig. The interior roads and 'pads' are dirt, and could be very dusty if it was windy. There are few sites for transient campers, but lots of worker sites. Some along the fence have the road as their patio. Surprisingly the cable and wi-fi were present and working. That night I emailed a friend who inquired about our location. I told him the place was dumpy. A good description of Whip-in. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

The WiFi and cable were the best we had our whole trip! This park was a breath of fresh air...the friendly staff escorted us to our site. Having a 40' diesel pusher and towing a truck, the assist was just a nice pleasant change especially since this is a small park. Typical of Texas it has lots of workers living there full time. Be super careful with the exit ramp as it is very short and goes right into a 2 land 2 way traffic street. Seems to be common in the area to do traffic this way. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Whip In RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

Sites are very close together, roads are gravel so it's very dusty in dry Texas. Privacy is non-existent! Manager/Owner very friendly & helpful. Access is good right on I-20, did not use Wi-Fi or Cable so can't comment. Saw that some campers complained of road and train noise, we heard nothing, (maybe our coach has thicker walls)? Stayed 2 nights on way to NM - all RV Parks in this area are filled with Oil/Gas workers so not much available - they are hard workers so don't worry too much about frills (there aren't any)! Price too high for what is offered - would not come back. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Plenty of shopping in nearby Big Spring town.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

This was a was a good overnight stop that accommodates big rigs. Their is nothing fancy about the park. It is populated primarily by long term oil field workers (as are most parks in the area). That said it is clean, safe with a nice dog park. The owner is great and shows a sincere interest in his tenant's comfort. A no frills park in a no frills area that exceeded our expectations. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $12.00

This campground is close to the highway but you don't notice the noise. The people that run this place are very helpful and will get you phone numbers for help or whatever you need. They will even give you a lift to the store if needed. They have clean showers and restrooms, also a Laundry room.

So if you want a great low cost, clean and quiet place to stay, over night or for a month: call and make arrangements to camp here! We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

six

Close to the on-ramp to go to Big Spring and the H.E.B food store or several service stations for gas or diesel.

Also, only a few short miles in the other direction to Coachoma and Dairy Queen. Lol, I love my Hot Fudge Sundae's.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

An overnight stay; park was clean, pet friendly with a nice dog play area. The owner and other guest we met were very friendly. There are about 6 to 8 pull through spots used by overnight guest (easy access), others in the park are mostly seasonal snowbirds. Park was mostly quite, however there was a slight amount of highway noise that could we could hear while outside, but not while in the RV. Would recommend and stay here again. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

This would have been a decent stop and value at $15 - $20 a night. But at the $30 a night rate this was terrible. The entire park is dusty gravel, and what little green there is around the park is filled with stickers. The sites are very close together, and we were about 10' from our neighbors RV. There is no outside room unless you stand in front of or in back of the RV. Traffic on the I-20 is very loud as the park is right next to the highway. There was a sewer smell drifting from somewhere when ever you went outside. On the up side, the park is flat and easy to level on. The office staff was pleasant, once she showed up. Much of the park is taken up with workers from the oil fields and various businesses in the area living there, but there were not a problem. Stay here if you must, but there are other choices in the area for a lot less money that won't be much different. There was WiFi offered, but we didn't use it. We stayed here because of the Good Sam rating, but it was a bit gratuitous. I wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $30.00

Taking into consideration that this park is in the middle of the west Texas scrub land, this was a nice one-night stopping place. The staff was WONDERFUL!!! No frills, nothing fancy, just a good spot and clean rest rooms/showers. Internet was not very good and there was a good amount of noise from I-20, but for one night it was just fine. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Take a trip into Big Spring and visit Big Spring State Park. Nice overlooks and nature hikes. Free admission!!!

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

This park was convenient for an overnight stop. Level pull thru's plenty long so I did not have to unhook my 30ft travel trailer. Sites are close together, but plenty of room to maneuver. The whole park is gravel/dirt, so a little dusty with wind. Some trees. Hookups worked fine, WiFi worked very good. I did not use Cable TV but the listing had numerous channels. I did not use the bath/showers or laundry. Very easy access right off I-20, so it is noisy, but I would stay here again for a quick overnight. Owners live on site and were friendly and helpful. $30 with Good Sam discount. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

We just stayed one night. good location right off the interstate. Easy on and Easy off. AT&T cell service worked well. Wifi ok. Looks like most of the people are permanent. Staff was friendly. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $27.00

Pretty much as others have stated. Ok for overnight. Not "scenic". Cable TV good, wifi good. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $26.00

Stayed overnight and left early morning. Didn't use the facilities, so no rating. Site was a gravel pull-thru and fairly level, plenty of room for a big rig with a tow car. I reserved my space online, and staff was very friendly when we got there. Wifi was very good. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

site 18

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $27.00

A great little campground for a stopover. Not a destination campground although it is a good base camp for exploring the area. Laundry area was clean but seemed expensive at $2 a wash and $2 a dry. Manager lives on-site and is very friendly and helpful. Free cable TV. Free WIFI that I kept getting kicked off. Good water. Good electric. I would stay here again. We camped at Whip In RV Park in a Motorhome.

It is located next to the interstate so there is traffic noise.

Featured Campgrounds Near Whip In RV Park

Are you affiliated with Whip In RV Park ?