The Blanco Settlement

Blanco, Texas

Recent Rate: $30 2/2014

Longitude: -98.3976902061768

Ruskin

We stayed three nights with some other RVer's. A nice park that also rents cabins. Appears to have a few full timers. Would have rated this park higher except for two issues. First, it sits right on a state road so there is some traffic noise. There is not a lot of traffic so the noise is not bad but thought it should be mentioned. The main issue we all had was with the park host, who I believe is also the owner. She is very curt and abrasive. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon with reservations but at a time the office is closed. First thing Monday morning, I walked to the office and paid for four nights. The lady that took my payment was very nice. I was in the motor home of one of our friends the next morning when the park host/owner pulled up in a golf cart. She did not get out of the cart but instead signaled me through the windshield of the coach with her index finger to come outside. She immediately told me I needed to get up to the office to pay. I explained to her that my site was the next one over and I had paid the previous day. She then told me to tell the owner of the coach I was in to immediately get down to the office and pay. The person that owned the coach had made the original reservations for all the sites, had stayed at this RV park previously, and had given the office his credit card number when he made the reservations. He simply did not feel there was a rush to go to the office. He did, however, go to the office a few minutes later and was treated just as rudely as I was. Perhaps a bad day for this person but we will not return to the park. We camped at The Blanco Settlement in a Travel Trailer.

Richard & Samme Buck

Rate is the daily rate without discounts, which they do offer for Good Sam. They also have weekly rates. Park is high priced for what it offers, it is bare bones; sites are FHU but fairly close. It is located in Blanco, which is very central to all Hill Country activities. Office staff was pleasant, they have a nice little gift and craft store. It does border a small river, fishing is probably OK. Off the main highway, this park would be quieter than the state park up the road. We did not actually stay here, but drove through and talked to staff about a possible stay. We later decided to stay outside the Hill Country "triangle" but felt this park deserved to be considered if you want to stay in the area. We camped at The Blanco Settlement in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with The Blanco Settlement?