Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Pond Pond yes

CIndy Davis

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Our campsite was along the tree line and were about the only sites that provided shade. These were the least expensive in the park but the best as far as we were concerned. They were back in. Their pull thru sites were very long. They have a lot of kid friendly activities on Saturdays. Their restrooms were very immaculate. Our breaker kept popping but they let us borrow a 50 to 30 plug and that solved the issue. Our only concern was that they don't allow tents - which is nice - but it includes pop ups. We love sitting in our screened pop up at night and could not use it at this park. We loved this park and plan to go again. There are a lot of cool restaurants in this city and a great weekend get away spot! We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Jame r stacy

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $55.00

One of the best parks we have ever stayed. Lots of activity, great club house for adults and kids.Also very quiet. We enjoyed the two pools and our rented golf cart was a nice addition. Easy in and out for our 43 footer. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

Canton within walking distance.

pop_and_jojo

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $32.00

This is not only a fantastic park, the fee was one of the lowest of my trip. This was 5 Star in every respect. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

L84DLAKE

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $42.00

Driving at night we were looking for a place to pull in and stay, we kept calling RV Park after RV Park. This was the only place that answered the phone. They were helpful and gave us information on late check in. We were happy with the park. It was quiet, clean and easy to park our trailer. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again! We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Don Price

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $32.00

We always stop at this park on our way to and from AZ. This is a very scenic park with oak trees and flowing streams. Lots of room to stroll around and plenty of space between sites. Sites are long and level. Convenient to I-20. Only complaint is a few potholes on entrance road. Will stay here again! We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

KeystoneTT

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $38.00

This is my second review of this park. I am upping my score from 8 to a 9 this time. This park has a very nice "feel" to it. Very beautful park, grass is in good shape. Sites are not quite as "on top of each other" as some RV parks. Previous reviews of this park mentioned poor road conditions. In my last review, I had said that the roads seemed fine. I must have either not been paying great attention last time, or just happened to miss the potholes. This time, it rained most of the weekend, and yes, the roads are in below average shape. There are more potholes than I had noticed previously, the water standing in the holes made it real easy to notice them this time. Driving right in through the main gate, it was impossible to navigate without driving through several holes. Walking on all of the roads throughout the park was an exhibit in dodging holes and trying to find areas that were less muddy than others. But I will say, that is the only thing about this park that I don't like. The buildings are outstanding, and the people that work here are good. Cable TV seemed better this time, sound was fine and the channel quality was decent. (We were in a different section of the park, perhaps that has something to do with it). Wifi was alright, I still wish it was included in the rate as opposed to having to pay $5 for it. But, it worked fine. The overall feel of this park is what will keep up coming back. We had a nice, pleasant stay. I love the taco stand right outside the main gate, as well as the Dairy Palace just up the road. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

mfcros

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $38.00

Very pretty park and extremely well kept. Sites were level and spacious. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We will stay here again. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

captwink

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $51.00

I have stayed here in the past and had a good experience. This time it was different. For clean and quiet, I give the park a 9. For being accommodating and helpful, a 3. I have had a better experience and service at parks that charge $30 a night. First, we came with another RVer, whom we asked to be next to when we made our reservations. Once you are assigned a site (we reserved several months in advance) you have to stay there. From the time we arrived until we left, there were empty sites close to our friends. We could not get one. The cable TV signal was terrible at our site and even worse at our friends. Our friend called the office and was told "some people cannot get TV at all." I had told the reception desk that a very small (cell phone size) part for my RV was being sent to the park by the Mfg. The part had broken on the trip. The reception desk clerk called the main office, about 6 blocks away, and asked them to bring the part to the reception desk when it arrived there. It must be noted that the main office people have to drive by the reception desk to leave the park. I came back from shopping after 4:00 pm on a Friday and found the part had just been delivered a few minutes ago to the main office. The reception desk clerk called the office and was told by the main office that if I wanted it, to come get it. She was leaving. This would not have been a big deal except it was Fri. I was leaving Sun. The office was closed on weekends. I rushed to my RV to get my car. Before I could leave the reception office, the clerk, who felt bad about the situation, took a golf cart, retrieved my part and delivered it to me. Finally, my group went to the mall across from Dog Town, where the Mill Creek shuttle picks people up. We shopped for a while, then went to the shuttle pick up site 15 minutes before pick up time. We waited for the shuttle to arrive. We were stranded for three hours. After three calls to Mill Creek, the shuttle finally showed, with not so much as an apology. In fact, the driver even said she was there at the scheduled pick up times. This pretty much killed the rest of shopping for the day. For $51 a night, we expected better service than this. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

leorah

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $35.00

We always stay here when in the area, the last time about a year ago. Over the years we have noticed some scrimping on maintenance to roads and facilities. This has continued. The shower heads in the bathhouse nearest our site were broken. One sprayed water in a too-wide pattern and the other shot out a stream like a garden hose. Neither could be adjusted, and curtains were not adequate to prevent significant water puddling on the floor outside the shower stall, creating a slipping hazard. This has apparently been an ongoing problem, since the wood trim around the door has begun to swell and rot. Since our last visit they have started to charge $5 per night for Internet access. They told us that they always meant to apply a surcharge but because their system was unreliable they had waived the fee. They said they had fixed things and the signal was strong everywhere so they were now applying the fee. Because we were repeat customers the office waived the fee for us this time when we pointed out that their brochure listed wifi as an amenity and their website only lists the $5 charge under the Trade Days Rates category. We were in site 98. The wifi signal was not consistently strong; we often lost the signal entirely and had to log on again and again. Staying here is not inexpensive, and Internet access should be included in the price of a night's stay, or at least be honestly disclosed. This is still a nice campground, and probably the best option in the area, so they obviously feel they can afford to lower their standards and charge a premium for what they offer, especially since they probably get most of their revenue on Trade Day weekends when there are few other places for the crowds to stay. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

KeystoneTT

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $37.00

Traveled a couple hours to this park for a weekend getaway; we chose this park due to the good reviews it has received. Past reviews seem accurate. Park is not that hard to get into if you do a brief amount of research before-hand; yes the sign does come up on you quick but the turn getting in is fine. We arrived after the RV Lodge had closed, and used the gate code that had been given to us over the phone when reserving. Interior roads are all patched up fine, I can see where there were holes in the past, but everything is in good shape now. Sites have a concrete pad (ours was perfectly level), and nice grass lawn. Pedestal is well placed. Water pressure was strong. 30 amp breaker tripped on the second day we were there, with only the A/C running on electric. Other campers in adjacent sites said their breaker had tripped during their stay as well. I didn't like that, as we leave the dogs in the trailer while using the pool, and on a 100 degree Texas day, the dogs would not get by very long at all without the A/C running. Luckily, we had just returned to the trailer when the breaker tripped (I am never away from the trailer for more than an hour at a time for this very reason). Cable TV was indeed sub-par as most previous reviews have stated. Most channels were fuzzy, and the sound seemed intermittent on most channels. We were able to watch a fair number of channels with an "alright" picture, so it wasn't a total loss. I did pay the $5 for Wi-Fi, but never used it. I think having to pay for Wi-Fi when you are already shelling out $37 a night to stay in the park is pretty bogus. The swimming pool area at the RV Lodge is nice. You cannot take alcohol into the pool, in fact you are not supposed to take alcohol anywhere other than your own RV site. Not a big problem, but some people I'm sure would like to know about this in advance. We were not there during First Mondays, so the park was about 25% full. Bath houses looked nice, but I did not go in. This property is huge, with all of the cottages and the Grand Lodge further back from the road than the RV sites. We didn't explore that area as time just ran short. All in all, this is a very nice park and I would stay again for sure. I very rarely give a 10 score. This park gets a 8. 1 point deducted for the combination of shoddy cable TV and having to pay for Wi-Fi, and 1 point deducted for the issues with breakers tripping (especially when the park was 25% full). Perhaps it is something out of the park's control (I know the alcohol issue is indeed out of their control due to the "private club" TABC thing). We will probably be back, as everyone was friendly and we did have a real nice time. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

JGockel

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $15.00

The rate is Coast to Coast. This is a very nice park. The sites are long, level, and wide with nice grass in between. The grounds are maintained very well and the staff is very friendly. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

JT McDawg

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $40.00

Love this campground! Very pretty with mature trees and hills. Lots of grass next to concrete RV pads. Love the dog run. They have a nice restaurant, RV supply store, several nice buildings to rent for special events, also nice park rentals available. I rented a bicycle there and rode around the property and out on the trails. It was lots of fun and great exercise. Very close to the famous First Monday Trade Days in Canton. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

jonrjen

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $34.00

This is the third time we have stayed at Mill Creek, and just as in the first two stays this time was perfect. The grounds are kept manicured, clean, and welcoming at all times. Bath houses are the cleanest we have ever seen in our travels. Some comments of the staff mowing too often, water sprinklers running at night which do all happen, but this is Texas. Grass doesn't grow without being watered, nor does it stop growing at a set height. A few have made comments of highway traffic noise. This was the first time that we actually heard traffic noise from I-20. I think it must really have to do with the current weather conditions. When there was a wind blowing we heard nothing, when the wind was perfectly calm we did hear traffic in the evening hours. The pool, rec center and buildings are all maintained to perfecton. Staff goes above board to make your stay as comfortable as can be. Cable TV does leave some to be desired, however the Wi-Fi ($5 per stay) worked without a flaw. If you're in the area or passing through I would recommend you give it a stay for a night or more. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gypsy2

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $30.00

Really enjoy this park - it's so pretty. This was our 2nd time here, always in winter. Even when winter weather is so gloomy, and other parks seem so muddy, this one seems brighter, cheerier, and cleaner. Long paved sites with concrete pads. Wide spaces between sites with thick grass. Pretty ponds, lovely lodge, nice staff. Very convenient to 1st Monday Trade Days. Also nearby, Walmart, hardware store, auto parts, post office, fast food, restaurants. Dry county, but some private club watering holes in town. The rate was a "manager's special", probably due to winter time. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

MovinOnDownTheRoad

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $45.00

Clean park that is well laid out with large sites. Each site had a cement pad, fire ring, and table. The rate is high during Trade Days and I was disappointed in the fact that you have to pay an extra $5.00 to use their WiFi. The cable system for the TV was a joke. The static was so bad on every channel that is was not watchable. I checked with the office and was told that the problem was with East Texas Cable Company and that the picture quality is always bad. Don't think they should advertise that they have cable TV when they know it's bad. We also had a defective water spigot that was broken. I reported it to the maintenance personnel, but it was never repaired during our stay. I don't think I stay here again. We camped at Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

Original Pavilion RV Park

Buckhorn Lake Resort

Kerrville, Texas

Lewis First Monday RV Park

Canton, Texas

Are you affiliated with Mill Creek Ranch RV & Cottage Resort?