Sandy Lake RV Park

Carrollton, Texas

Recent Rate: $22 10/2014

Todd Fogelberg

This is a place to plug in, check email, and do laundry. Most of the sites are either mobile homes or RVs parked here on a long term basis. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. This is an older park with rougher roads and sites, lower standards with regard to what long term residents can do on their sites, etc. The pool was clean and there is a small dog pen which came in handy. The Wi-Fi connection was better than average. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

User1793

We stayed here under Passport America and felt the rate to be very reasonable. The park is definitely dated, interior roads are a bit rough in spots and spaces are close together. What was outstanding for us and the reason for the higher score is the management and staff. They were most helpful and efficient at check-in, including the person who directed us to our site. Both of us were ill while here and they quickly and efficiently accommodated extending our time in our site even though the site had been reserved for the next day. Management is new and seems to be doing all the right things to achieve customer satisfaction. We will definitely return if in the area. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

libmeister53

This is a nice park in a very desirable location in northeast Dallas. The facilities are very clean and nice and the staff are friendly and helpful. We are monthly campers and have been here nine months. There is a nice fenced dog park, pool and great clubhouse. We love it here! We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

nitronorton

The only good thing I can say about the park is that the staff and residents all seem to be very courteous and helpful. I have been RVing for around 40 years and this is one of the worst campgrounds I have found. Extremely crowded to the extent the RV's almost touched each other. My RV is 50 amp, but had to get by on 30. I guess, though, that when all of the available sites are full, as they seemed to be, they must be doing something right, although it was hard for me to see what it is. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this park to anyone. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Campground Cabin.

krb

Rate reflects 2 nights at $20 per night Passport America rate and 1 night at $40 per night regular rate. FHU 50 amp gravel pull-through site. This is not a resort, just a corporate owned campground with extremely tight sites. Luckily we had a site on the end of a row so getting in and out wasn't too bad. Pool was closed, no hot tub. Good free wi-fi. No way worth $40 per night. Would not stay here again. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Patsypoo02

It was okay for one night but very over priced. The campsites are extremely close together. The roads are in disrepair, rutted with potholes and most of the asphalt has eroded away to the point that it's more of a hazard than a help. There is barely enough room for your trailer or motorhome and almost impossible to squeeze in a truck pulling the trailer or your towed car. We would not stay at this campground again and would definitely not recommend it to friends and family. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ally B

Park was clean, but there were many permanent residents who had junk around their trailers. Spaces were cramped, and a little hard to manuever. No fenced dog area. The staff and residents were very friendly; it was a very quiet and a good neighborhood. I would stay here again. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

rdrunner

When I called to make this reservation, I asked specifically about the Passport America discount for this date, and they said they honor Passport America. However when I checked in they said "No Passport America this weekend." I asked about a veteran's discount and they begrudgingly gave me 10 per cent. After I paid I waited for the girl to tell me about the location of bathrooms, showers, laundry etc. but she didn't until I asked. I asked if the pool was open and she said she didn't know! My 5th wheel is not large at 28 feet, but the site was barely wide enough and was not near long enough to remain hooked up to my truck. When I left the next morning I had to jockey around to even get out as the streets are VERY narrow. Bathrooms were marginally clean. Clothing hooks were falling off the wall. Traffic noise was not a huge issue. Probably won't be back here. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

JohnBoyToo

DO NOT STAY HERE. It is a sardine trailer park! Two foot wide lawn at each site. Getting into and out of site is tight! NOISY because it is between two MAJOR 6-lane highways: George Bush Tollway and Interstate 35. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

vblake

Stayed here for two nights while visiting in Dallas. Friendly staff and helpful with directions. Wi-Fi connection four hours at a time starting when you log in. I thought I could log out and use the remaining time later but you have to use it all at once. Had trouble with burrs in the dogs fur. Did not use the pool or any other facilities but the park is fine if you need an overnight place to stay. They do have a little store in the office. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

ustractorsales

I give it an 8 for the location. If you are needing access to DFW airport or even downtown Dallas area, this is the park to stay at. I have been staying here on and off for the last 5 years. Friendly staff. They are always on top of issues and keeping the place clean. Most sites are level and easy to get into. Some are close together. Laundry and showers always clean. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

RedSoloCup

We spent a week at Sandy Lake RV Park. The staff was friendly and helpful. The streets as well as the sites are narrow. The majority of the sites seemed to be permanents. The dog run was actually an unfenced drainage ditch next to a busy road which was extremely difficult to use. There was an area which could be used for pet exercise, but it was hard to get to. We won’t be staying here again. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

balfre1946

Gloves are off..this is a refugee camp not an RV park...the place is full of long term under or unemployed, NOT family friendly, while we met all the rules for our pets and cleaned up after them we met hostility from people who thought their spot was private lawn...CAREFREE parks are very questionable and regardless of the savings we will avoid them..this is our 68th RV park in 7 month tour writing about RV parks..buyers beware! We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

bob and phyl

The rate reflects event pricing although it also reflects a military rate on two of the days. We spent four nights here while attending Grape fest. The streets as well as the sites are narrow. There are a large number of mobile homes and RVs which looked as if they hadn’t moved for some time. Close to Dallas. Although the staff was friendly and helpful will not stay there again. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Rachel D.

We spent two nights at Sandy Lake RV Park. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a well-equipped exercise room and a large common room. The streets as well as the sites are narrow. The majority of the sites seemed to be filled with mobile homes and RVs which looked as if they hadn’t moved for some time. There was inadequate power at the site. The showers were cramped and dirty. And the advertised modest dog run was actually an unfenced drainage ditch next to a busy road which couldn’t even be used because it had rained. We won’t be going back. We camped at Sandy Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Treetops RV Resort

Arlington, Texas

Hickory Creek COE

Lewisville, Texas

Spring Creek Village RV Park

Plano, Texas

Are you affiliated with Sandy Lake RV Park?