8.8 Excellent

6069 W US Highway 90
Del Rio, Texas 78840

Longitude: -100.92055

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Broke Mill RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $33.00

Nice clean park right next to the highway with associated traffic noise during the day but quiet at night. Long level sites were packed gravel with small grass areas between, trees and shrubs provide some privacy from your neighbors. Brochure shows digital cable TV but also require a proprietary converter from a local provider thus for short term stays you gon't get cable. OTA TV picked up several channels, most in Spanish. Verizon signal good. Pool looked clean. Interior roads are asphalt. Utilities worked well but were near the rear of the site so required long hookups. Two small negatives: only one dumpster site near the exit and only one way to exit the interior of the park so turning to exit from pull through sites 3-5 can be very tight due to proximity to event center. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Super Walmart just down the road.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $33.00

Sites nicely spaced gravel. Road noise during day but not at night. Overnight for us this time but would stay longer. Office help very friendly. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

This park was just an overnight stop for us but I would stay longer if I needed to be in the area or I wintered in Texas. This is a nice park. Park was developed in 2008 by the owner and he is quite proud of the park. It is pretty large with over 80 sites. Yes, it is right off the US highway but he has used bamboo or similar crops as borders to buffer wind, sand, and road noise. We were five spots from the highway and didn't have any issues with road noise. There are a fair number of snow-birds in residence and it seems that short termers like us are directed over to sites 1-20 area which is ok. I asked for a spot away from the road and she put me in the back of that section; again, it was just fine. There is a nice pool. There is a burn ban in effect as is true for most of southwest Texas I am sure. You will find horses and cows next door but not very many and not very smelly. Sites are spacious enough and have a little bit of grass in some areas and a few small trees. The owner has his own ranch somewhere north of there and brings down his own beef to sell in the office. We bought some to try after others we know and park residents raved about it. Interior roads were paved and sites were packed gravel. The lady running the office was very nice and friendly. I would stay here again and I would stay longer. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

Rate reflects military discount. Nice park, on the highway, so some traffic noise, but inside its not bothersome. Sites are fairly typical, gravel with small space between them. Close, but not the worse we've seen. Utilities worked fine, electric steady, we used a water regulator. Wifi worked well for checking news and emails, didn't try anything else. Verizon phone and internet worked great. Washer room was clean and modern. They offer a fitness room, a small library with books and movies. The pool is small but it was clean. Roads are chip/seal and well maintained. Park was consistently clean and appears cared for, the staff we interacted with was very nice. They have a meeting room for rallies and groups. We would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

There is a nice museum in town, the Whitehead Memorial Museum. Judge Roy Bean and one of his sons are interred here. Very nice exhibits and friendly staff. We drove the 53 miles west to the Judge Roy Bean Visitors center in Langtry. Excellent facility, good information. Home of the Jersey Lilly Saloon and his home The Operahouse. Not a good spot for taking an RV though, would recommend it as a car/truck trip. There was also an impressive cactus garden with many varieties.

Featured Campgrounds Near Broke Mill RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

This is a great option to stay on the way to Big Bend NP. Very well kept grounds just north of Del Rio, long gravel pull-throughs separated by grass. All utilities work well and are placed appropriately, Wifi works well. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $28.00

Stayed for a week - nice long pull through spot - all utilities including cable worked great- very nice owner active and on site - laundry room was large and inexpensive - rec room was spotless and nice - nice spot to rest up and stock up before the 250 trip to Big Bend National Park. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $28.00

We stayed for a week. Broke Mill is a nice park with many amenities, including a pool and fitness room. The bathroom and shower were nicely appointed and very clean. In Fiddler's Hall there is a dinner and music on Thursday nights and Cowboy church on Sunday. They allow washing of motorhome and car at your site and our motorhome was appreciative. When we arrived, we had some trouble pulling into our site because of a sharp corner. I would have liked a picnic table at our site but there didn't appear to be any provided. The worst part, for us, was the highway noise from 90 but we would stay here again if we were in Del Rio. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

JDR

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $33.00

Nice park in the country. Easy into shopping in Del Rio. The spaces are gravel, there is grass between the sites with some trees and shrubs. The sites are long, easy for staying hooked. The access to the sites are ok for big rigs. Nice space between the sites. The services are all good. The office staff and the owner are very friendly. We stay here when in the area because we like the location and the people. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $33.00

The sites are spacious. After hours check in is easy. Wifi is very good. All amenities and laundry are excellent. There is a hiking trek nearby and a wild bird reserve in the park. We had been four weeks on the road and this RV Park is the best so far. Well done owners and staff. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Highly recommend

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $33.00

Just a few miles out of town, good signage on highway; nice big sites, clean park, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $33.00

My first impression of Broke Mill RV Park was that the entrance to the park is at the end of the merge lane from US 277 to US 90. Arrived a few minutes past 4PM and followed the after hours instructions. The office closes at 4! I found this unusual since most RV'ers arrive between 4 and sunset at most parks I have encountered. I planned to stay longer but decided to leave the next day due to constant noise from the two main roads that intersect adjacent to the campground. I agree with other postings that the CG is well cared for and has good amenities. They warn you in their brochure that they run the sprinklers at night, however I didn't expect the sprinklers to wash the side of my trailer and soak my chairs and welcome mat. Overall, great for an overnight stop but anything longer depends on your tolerance for road noise. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $20.00

Enjoy our stay last year, so we decided to return for a month. Unseasonably cold for a week or so and used electric heat a lot. Our daily rate worked out to about $18. Previous lengthy review is spot on. Large pull thru and back in sites with nice spacing from neighbor. Sites are hard pack gravel/dirt. Roads milled asphalt in great shape. US 90 noise is barely noticeable. Restrooms, showers, laundry and other facilities are modern and spotless. Nice weight room with treadmill. Overall park is well cared for and it shows. Owners and staff are extremely friendly. Thursday night dinners for a small fee and music afterward during winter months for sure. Range fed beef also available in office. Still enjoy this very much. No trashy RVs around like some of the other parks. hard pack gravel/dirt. Roads milled asphalt. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $33.00

Stayed overnight in pull thru. Very clean and quite park. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Site 5

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $29.00

Clean, quiet park convenient for touring Del Rio and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Roads and sites were heavy gravel. Sites are large with landscaping. This is one of the very few parks that state in their rules brochure that "RV/Vehicle washing is permitted". After 9 weeks on the road without a bath, our MH was past needing a wash. Thanks to owners for providing such a great facility to the RVing community. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Several GREAT restaurants close to the park. Cripple Creek and Wright's were our favorites.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

What a nice, pleasant park. The pool is rather small but still cool and refreshing. The FHU services are towards the rear of the camp site, so I needed a 20' and a 10' sewer hose to connect to it. Luckily, Walmart is only 4 miles away for any camping needs! Sites are packed earth with grass patios. Some landscaping scrubs are well-kept. There is a laundry room next to the gaming room that has a large screen HDTV. There is cable services and free Internet included in your fee. The host is very friendly and also sells range fed beef products. We bought a roast and crocked it the first night. It is very delicious and tastes totally different than store bought beef. We didn't use the bathroom/shower facility but I did look in on it and it is very nice. One of the nicest I have seen at a campground. If I didn't have the convenience of my own shower, bathroom and laundry in my coach, I would certainly use their facilities. A nice workout room with weight machine, large set of dumbbells, strider and treadmill with a TV in the space. Overall, a very nice, well-spaced, long pull thru and back in camp sites RV park. We have a pull thru that fits my 40' Class A towing an 18' car hauler trailer with room to park my run around vehicle in the front. We are in space 10. Wasy interior roadways and access from highway. The park is close to TX Loop 79, but it is not intrusive enough for me to be a bother. I would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Several access points for the lake is near by for those with boating aspirations. We went to the Whitehead Memorial Museum. Some interesting historical facts but seems more of a collection of several donations of "old" stuff from local, former residents. It certainly was worth the $4.00 senior fee for entrance. Self guided.

Featured Campgrounds Near Broke Mill RV Park

Are you affiliated with Broke Mill RV Park ?