Broke Mill RV Park

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $33.00

Stayed overnight in pull thru. Very clean and quite park. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Site 5

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

What a nice, pleasant park. The pool is rather small but still cool and refreshing. The FHU services are towards the rear of the camp site, so I needed a 20' and a 10' sewer hose to connect to it. Luckily, Walmart is only 4 miles away for any camping needs! Sites are packed earth with grass patios. Some landscaping scrubs are well-kept. There is a laundry room next to the gaming room that has a large screen HDTV. There is cable services and free Internet included in your fee. The host is very friendly and also sells range fed beef products. We bought a roast and crocked it the first night. It is very delicious and tastes totally different than store bought beef. We didn't use the bathroom/shower facility but I did look in on it and it is very nice. One of the nicest I have seen at a campground. If I didn't have the convenience of my own shower, bathroom and laundry in my coach, I would certainly use their facilities. A nice workout room with weight machine, large set of dumbbells, strider and treadmill with a TV in the space. Overall, a very nice, well-spaced, long pull thru and back in camp sites RV park. We have a pull thru that fits my 40' Class A towing an 18' car hauler trailer with room to park my run around vehicle in the front. We are in space 10. Wasy interior roadways and access from highway. The park is close to TX Loop 79, but it is not intrusive enough for me to be a bother. I would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Several access points for the lake is near by for those with boating aspirations. We went to the Whitehead Memorial Museum. Some interesting historical facts but seems more of a collection of several donations of "old" stuff from local, former residents. It certainly was worth the $4.00 senior fee for entrance. Self guided.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $29.00

Clean, quiet park convenient for touring Del Rio and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Roads and sites were heavy gravel. Sites are large with landscaping. This is one of the very few parks that state in their rules brochure that "RV/Vehicle washing is permitted". After 9 weeks on the road without a bath, our MH was past needing a wash. Thanks to owners for providing such a great facility to the RVing community. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Several GREAT restaurants close to the park. Cripple Creek and Wright's were our favorites.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $37.00

This was my second winter here. Best RV park in the area, whether overnight or long-term. Spaces are long and wide; some with super-sized lots (premium). Staff very friendly/helpful. There is a full-time resident employee who is available for house cleaning, laundry, dog walking and is a joy. Pool is smaller but usually not busy at all. Exercise room clean and very nicely equipped. Laundry facilities clean - I think 8 washers and dryers for $1.25 a load. Wifi available but only used infrequently. Good cable as well as OTA channels. 5 Miles from Walmart and "town." Discount for ANY RV membership. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lake Amistad, Val Verde Winery (Oldest in Texas) local museum.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $28.00

The $28 rate is based on the weekly rate that we paid, which was $195. The first site we went to was 20, but we had trouble getting leveled, so we moved over to site 19. We didn't have any trouble getting level there. All the hookups were easy to locate and easy to get connected. We found the wi-fi worked well, as did the satellite and cable TV. We had no problems with AT&T cell service. The park has crushed asphalt interior roads, with the sites being gravel. The pull thru sites were long enough to leave the toad connected and still have enough room for another vehicle to park in front. The only drawback was the road noise. The park is right off of U.S. 90, a major road through that part of Texas. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lake Amistad is supposed to be good for bass fishing lake. East of Del Rio, about 35 minutes is Sycamore Canyon State Park, where you can hike and see pictographs. We took the Fate Bell tour, which cost $16, which included the park entry fee of $3 each. If you go about another 15 minutes east, you can see Langtry, TX, of Judge Roy Bean fame. There is also the White Shaman area, owned by the Witte Museum, of San Antonio. We didn't get see it, because it is only open on Saturday mornings.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $13.00

Made reservation for 2 nights and ended up staying 2 months. Long spacious sites. For those who value clean restrooms, showers and laundry facilities this is the best. Quiet, convenient to Walmart & Home Depot. Blue Oasis has the best Big Boy Burger ever. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $33.00

Very nice park check in was with a friendly lady. Easy in and out site was easy to set up on. Only reason I did not rate higher is there is freeway noise due to US90 and 79 loop road. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We had dinner @ Rudy's BBQ and gas station the food and service in the food area was great.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $32.00

Great flat sites lined with oleanders. Easy access to power and sewer. Friendly staff, very clean. We usually stay 2 times a year; coming and going to Florida. One of our favorites! We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Many kinds of stores to shop in area

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $28.00

Very nice RV park for south TX. Hands down the nicest in the Del Rio area. Very modern and very clean facilities, including restrooms, everything was spotlessly clean. Nice fitness room and activities building. Loved the western wood work look of the buildings. Roads are of milled highway asphalt that is packed down real good. Sites are long and fairly level with hard packed TX dirt/gravel. Utilities were great, water pressure 40-45 psi. Lots of cable channels although we didn't use them, have our own satellite.

Thursday nights: owner prepares a dinner (for a small fee) and they play music for a few hours afterwards. Real nice and relaxing evening with other campers, plus food was excellent.

ATT 2-3 bars, free Tengo wifi, almost 2 mbps upload and .37 mbps download, which is faster than most campgrounds we've stayed at in a while and got the job done.

Might make this place a winter hang out for a month or two. Highway noise was not all that bad. Owner and staff are outstanding. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

Arrived after the office closed and there was a late arrival check in box to park and pay in the morning. I appreciate the casual atmosphere. Very nice facility. Great folks. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Passed through on our way to S. Padre Island. Nice, quiet and casual at the end of a long day. Thanks ladies !! Would gladly stay here again when Im in the area. Thanks again.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $33.00

This is a difficult park for me to rate. Plusses included convenient location on west side of Del Rio for 1-night stopover, very friendly staff and clean restrooms. Minuses for me included difficulty in leveling a 40-foot motorhome (had to move to a different site,) soft gravel in the site and utilities that were near the rear of the site that were a bit inconvenient with the tow car attached. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

Easy to find, convenient to 2 major highways. We were headed back from Big Bend after a convention in El Paso. This time of year never know what will break down in our RV but pretty much use to that with all our miles. So, with no reservation, we pulled in and the office was closed. Mike stopped me before I went 6 steps after I pulled late arrival info on a Sunday evening. Went inside, took care of business, and drove straight to the spot. Same as the website said, didn't have to unhook toad (Jeep) as all sites very long and level. Will certainly be a repeat customer now since only 3 hours from home (this is Texas and took 2 days driving to get to El Paso). The only regret would be the lack of picnic tables, but we have our own portable. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 15

Near Lake Amistad, which is much bigger than I had thought.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $36.00

I stayed here from September - May while on a locums job assignment. I paid monthly with additional for electric and this averaged about $450/month - but my fees were reimbursed. This is the best RV park in the area as far as I am concerned. The upkeep, cleanliness and facilities are the best around.

The largest majority of sites are pull-through; They are grassy and in my opinion, good spacing between sites.

The exercise room, pool, bird-watching areas are nice features. If I was to add one feature - it would be an enclosed dog run - pets are very welcome however.

During the winter months, the park has a weekly "Cowboy" dinner and music in the Fiddler's hall. The owner also owns a ranch and often has some really fantastic beef products. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lake Amistad is a bass fishing haven as well as nice hiking areas and Ranger activities. Val Verde Winery and the Whitehall museum are worth a visit. Seminole Canyon is only about a 35 mile drive and worth a visit.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $32.00

Nice park with level, gravel, pull through [all of them, I think] sites. Cable TV and internet were very good. We would stay here again. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

This owner offers, at good prices, grass fed beef that he raises. We bought some steaks and they were excellent.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $32.00

This is a wonderful park. Paved roads. Pretty easy to get in/out with my 40 ft fifth wheel.Utilities worked well. Long, wide, level, pull-thru sites. Wifi worked well. Friendly staff. Only downside is road noise from US 90. Large, clean restrooms, showers and laundry. Definitely would stay here again. We camped at Broke Mill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Broke Mill RV Park ?