Destiny Dallas RV Resort

Denton, Texas

Recent Rate: $39 11/2014

travelingpeople

I agree with most of the reviews: this is Not a RV resort, interstate noise is intrusive, loud and non-stop, several full-timers, staff friendly, sites not level, and not big rig friendly. We had a 45' RV with a tow and had to unhook. The sites have decorative rock and railroad ties which make it impossible to pull into the site with a tow. We stayed in one of the few "premier" sites. We will not stay here again due to the Interstate noise and the airplanes flying overhead. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Wanda H

"Pride in ownership". Clean, safe, lots of trees and very friendly campground. There were a lot of "long stay" campers, but all of the sites were well maintained. A lot of people walking their well behaved dogs and very friendly to talk to. This campground even had a car/trailer wash that we were planning to use before we left, but ran out of time. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Msubulldawgnwaco

First of all, calling this RV Park a "RV Resort" is a huge stretch of the imagination, if not a down right lie. It is a former KOA that has a white paint scheme and a new name. The pads are gravel, narrow, and short. While the pad was level from side to side, it sloped down both front to back. After 15 minutes of wrangling, I finally got enough room to slide out the slides without hitting my neighbor's slides(after I had the slides out, you could not walk between me and my neighbor, you had to crawl under the slides). I also found the "sweet spot" where my 5th wheel was level front to back without deploying the Lego step blocks. While I heard little traffic noise from the interstate, there was a lot of internal traffic from people who live/stay at the park with loud trucks (the diesels with straight pipes) that made it hard to sleep or enjoy being outside. They supposedly have an age and condition restriction; I guess it did not apply to the 1980s Prowler that had an orange tarp as the roof. I stayed here based on Woodalls 5 star rating, Woodalls was way off, more like 2 stars. While the restrooms are clean and well maintained, the pool is small, the rec room is small, and both were crowded with just a few people. The only positive comments that I have besides clean restrooms is the staff was very friendly. I might stay here as an overnight stop, but this is not a place I would stay at for more than a day. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

7 on the road

This park is OK for what it was designed for (mainly), an overniter when in Dallas area. We have stayed here when passing through DFW area a few times. There are many,many permanents or long termers, but the park is well kept and pretty clean overall. Book a premium site if you want plenty of room for pulling in and out. Not too many to choose from in the local area, but this one is probably the best. We have tried all of the others before. The RV wash is a very nice feature to clean the rig when leaving. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

FulltimerOne

This park is sometimes hard to maneuver for the bigger rigs. We have stayed before and perhaps would stay again due to the fact they have pull thru sites. As long as you are up front it's not too bad. Our site had a thirty foot stretch to get to the sewer but the maintenance guy fixed us up with extra hoses. We are full timers and haven't run into this problem in five years but they did take care of us. Laundries are clean. Staff is nice. Pool is clean. Big rig car wash on property. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Frances and Sparky

The site was gravel, the trees too close, and we had to back out or risk customizing the coach. The sewer connection was seriously uphill - I had to lift the hose to drain while standing in the rain. Access from the northbound lanes of I-35 was across a too narrow overpass whose side rails are protected with 16 inch thick wooden beams - and you can't tell until you try the left hand turn. RV wash bay with balconies to wash the roof are right next door. The noise of I-35 was intrusive. We would stay here again if in a big pinch. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

ErinandCorbin

This is NOT a resort - it's an RV campground. It's got great in/out access from I-35 and it's close to family so we stayed. There are ALOT of full-timers here, and very few spots are open for transient travelers. The pool which we used yesterday was VERY warm (yes it's TX), but can't imagine what it would feel like in July or August. The bottom of the pool was dirty (leaf grime), like it hadn't been cleaned in sometime. We asked for a pull-thru in our reservation (well ahead of time) - did not get it. Our back in site is gravel and has weeds, sticks, cigarette butts, and miscellaneous bits of little litter from past guests. There are trees though, which provides shade for some of the RVs. The park is relatively quiet, only hear some of the freeway noise, but we're back in a ways. Disappointed that Good Sam gives this a 9.5 -10 - 9 rating - no way it should be rated that high. I didn't use but toured the shower/bathrooms - clean - but old and outdated and very small. My hubby said the men's was worse. Shower floors are cracked and have graying plastic liners that are showing age. He doesn't frequently show his disappointment, but he said he's letting Good Sam know that this RV Park needs a new review. Other posters have said the management is working on revitalizing this park - hmmm, maybe, though didn't see much signs of it during the week we were here. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

garton

Facility (7). Overall convenience to Denton and Dallas area is great. Highway noise a little loud but not under management’s control. Many, many “permies”/long termers; a “bit” junky looking at these sites. Nice dog park. Be careful if you request a specific site and pay it forward; it may not happen. Destiny’s name should be “Park or campground”; not “Resort”. $2.50 daily fee for electricity in addition to daily rate. Laundry (10). New equipment. Very, very clean. One of the best we’ve seen. Sites (4). Our site was a little un-level. Site was not clean when we arrived. Site had many weeds, fallen twigs and branches from trees. BBQ grill provided at the site had cigarette butts, cigar stubs, ashes and used plastic baggies in it; appeared not to have been cleaned in many weeks, if not months. Very nasty! It seems management could have their maintenance crew “police” each site for litter and cleanliness after campers vacate and not have to be asked to do so. Adding gravel and raking gravel at site would also help with appearance and possibly leveling. Doing these small items should not be a big deal or costly event and really upgrade parks appearance. Hooks up/Internet (10). Great! Overall Rating (7) We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sharjeep

We stay at Destiny whenever we come to town for an extended stay of 1 to 3 months. The showers and bathrooms are always kept clean. Landscaping is nice with fresh herbs too! Friendly stafff.Lots of shade. The park is a mix of snowbirds, permenant residents, and montly stays. Call ahead as the park does fill up quite frequently. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

geo-gypsy

We are full-timers with a 38', 13.5' high RV and have been at Destiny for a year. This is an excellent RV park whose staff is working hard to improve the park and provide excellent customer service. I can only speak of my own experience, and my experience does not agree with some previous reviewers. The new Internet antennas installed last August provide excellent connections. (Yes, the ISP is TengoNet). I would guess that about 35% of the park are long-term, friendly residents at any time, and the vast majority of those residents have very well kept spaces. One will have to go far and wide to find a more professional and friendly staff whose goal is to provide the best customer service. Yes, there are some RV spaces that might seem a little close, and there are some spaces that are not quite level. This park is located on a low ridge and it would be impossible to not have a few spaces close or a few spaces with a slope. There are many pull-through spaces and some back-ins. Yes, there is a surcharge for electricity based on current energy prices. It's the Texas grid! In the years we camped here before full-timing, the staff was always helpful in accommodating our requests. The restroom and shower facilities are always spotless. In the past year, there are new washers and dryers. And during the winter months, there are potluck dinners. During the year there are "coffee hour" get-togethers for the campers. This past winter, the staff would check with the campers to assure that their propane tanks were filled even when the roads were covered with ice! The park owners and staff have plans to expand the number of RV spaces and other improvements. The biggest downside to Destiny RV is totally out of their control - I-35E construction. This is a multi-year construction job which will result in a better I-35E and easier access to Destiny RV! They will even get their own right-hand turning lane! But for now, if you are coming from the north on I-35E, I would recommend exiting at Corinth Parkway, following the frontage road through the light and down to Destiny RV Resort entrance (about a mile). If you are coming from the south on I-35E, due to the older (circa 1959) bridges, I personally would recommend going past Destiny RV several miles to exit at Mayhill/State School Road, turning left back under I-35E, then getting back on I-35E southbound to exit at Corinth Parkway (see above). It is way easier to negotiate the turn under I-35E at Mayhill! Destiny Dallas RV Resort is an excellent base location to visit the Dallas and Fort Worth areas. If you plan to go to downtown Dallas or the Parkland Medical District, the DCTA A-Train Med Park station is nearby which will transfer you to the DART Green Line light rail. This is an excellent transportation method to avoid all the I-35E construction! We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tschachers

We spent a week in this park. It is OK for convenience and location. We were charged an electric fee of $17.50/week in addition to the above rate. I called the park for a reservation and was told they could not accommodate us for the dates we wanted. I then went online and was able to complete the reservation for the same time period. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Holden Awn

The park itself is a good park. Lots of regulars, and long termers, but everyone was friendly. Staff was helpful and courteous, facility was clean and well kept. Unlike some reviewers, I had great WiFi reception and access. The pool was very clean and nice. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to return to north Dallas. Be aware they charge a daily electricity surcharge they don't mention ahead of time. Now for the negatives: Dallas roads and getting around are a nightmare. Avoid I-635 if at all possible, it's a chronic, multi year construction terror. If you come to this campground from the South, you must use I-35E North exit 460 and double back to the camp; beware of narrow lane 90 degree left turn at the overpass. And Dallas has a bizarre system of one-way freeway "access roads" running parallel to the freeway lanes, which mandate multi mile loop arounds to get wherever you want to go. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

talktek

No discount available for short term stay. After staying at their sister location in Phoenix, which was very good, we were shocked at how different this one was. Many long term campers close together so park appeared crowded and cluttered. Many sites had more than one vehicle. We were in a pull thru site which was not level, when legs leveled up, one front wheel was barely touching. Sewerage drain was uphill from coach so wouldn't drain properly (we do not have a pump); electric was fine; water hook-up was very low to ground and was packed with dirt. Had to clean dirt backed up in spigot before connecting hose. Site could have used more gravel/stone so that it wasn't so muddy. We had to go around the outside perimeter of park to get to site; no escort, signs hard to read. As we drove around perimeter to get to site, tree branches dragged against top of coach; turns were tight. This is not a Big Rig friendly park. Our motor home was only 40' ft, so those of you that have bigger rigs with tow vehicles be warned. Couldn't wait to leave; would not recommend to others. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sharjeep

Lake Dallas is a home base for us. Whenever we are in town we choose to stay here. Destiny has very clean bath houses and laundry facilities. Lots of trees, and sites are mostly level. Tango internet is horrible and is the only downside of this park. New management in 2013 is great. Many friendly, long term and seasonal campers. We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Motorhome.

fulltimer1

A beautiful park with lots of mature trees and many long pull thru sites. The new manager is terrific and every one on staff is so friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub are always clean and adjusted to a perfect temperature. The laundry rooms and showers are in top condition and there’s a great playground for the little ones too. There are fresh herbs growing in the park which you are encouraged to use. We've been full timing for over 16 years and always choose this park to spend the summer when visiting family. We love it here! We camped at Destiny Dallas RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Cedar Hill State Park

Cedar Hill, Texas

Travelers World RV Resort

San Antonio, Texas

Lincoln Park RV Resort

Denton, Texas

Are you affiliated with Destiny Dallas RV Resort?