Bay Colony RV Resort

Dickinson, Texas

Recent Rate: $31 5/2010

Longitude: -95.081622004509

Wayneey

We stayed here for two nights while visiting friends in Galveston. While access is pretty easy off I-45, my GPS was routing me on a toll road which I chose to avoid, which was a big mistake. Traveling the locals roads was just tedious and of course, I was arriving about 3PM on a Friday afternoon. One nice aspect is there's a Shell station on the corner of I-45 & FM 517 West that was an easy-in/easy-out (at least early on a Sunday morning) for my 36' gas motorhome and toad. he park was clean, well maintained, and had what I think were good interior roads which I could navigate easily. My assigned site was a long concrete pull through. While I used my car while there, the site was long enough to allow the toad to remain hitched. The Wifi and cable TV worked well. The sites were pretty close together for my taste. Although I didn't extend my awning, it looked like it would come pretty close to the RV in the adjacent site. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Motorhome.

GeeksRUs

Good for an overnight stay: wouldn't want to be here for an extended stay as sites are very close together. Roads are quite narrow and the entry is quite challenging. Check-in lady was excellent: went through a lot of effort to get us a long enough space so we didn't have to un-hook. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

madigand

One of the only parks I have given a 10. Place is very clean, good voltage, good water pressure, level concrete pads, great cable and Wi-Fi. Lots of St. Augustine Grass. Spotless private bathrooms with showers and clean pool. This is our 2nd time here (last time was about 4 years ago) and still impressed with this park. We had a back-in spot with the Good Sam discount. I would highly recommend you try this park. I would definitely stay here again if in area. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

mrbbb

A beautiful, clean park with large pull through sites with all the amenities. No trees but lots of grass and a good area to walk the dog. This park would be a ten if it had some shade. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

spirit

The highway and the car wash can make a lot of noise. This makes it a little hard to sleep. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jezebel's airstream

Probably a nice park, but if you want to stay here, you must fudge a bit if your rig is 7 years old. We were turned away, even though (we think) our 1996 Airstream is more attractive than some 7 year-old rigs. I suppose this keeps the elderly, who have been RVing for years, out of the park, too. So Remember, YOUR RIG IS A 2005. Honesty about age will not be rewarded. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

slabman

Nice, new and very clean park. All wide concrete roads and beautiful grass everywhere else. No trees. Immaculately maintained! Concrete pads 10 ft. wide by about 65 ft. long and room for two cars; sites are 20 ft. wide which was no problem for our 45 footer with 4 slides. Appears to be a lot of full-timers here with quite new 5ers. No "junque" RV's noted. Quiet and good access to I-45 and Galveston and Houston. Located behind a self-serve carwash (a very good one, too), with a self storage facility next to it, it is a little hard to find coming off FM517. Would stay here again. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Motorhome.

meomako

This was a nice, clean, well taken care of park with clean individual restrooms & showers. We stayed here as a central point to visit Kemah Boardwalk and Moody Gardens and it fulfilled it's purpose. This park is in no way "camping" in my opinion but was great for what I needed. A nice clean park with good level sites to park my 5th wheel while we did the "sightseeing" thing. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Capper

Easy access from from Interstate 45 and State Road 517. The office staff were pleasant, efficient and well organised. Wide paved roads to sites made for easy access. All sites have concrete pads and patios and services were well positioned for easy hook-up. Sites were a little narrow. Two large designated dog walking areas are provided. The campground was well maintained and tidy and although near the interstate it was quiet. A good location for visiting the Johnson Space Centre and Galveston. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Motorhome.

one_strange_texan

This is a very clean, quiet campground. The staff is very friendly and accommodated a change in our travel plans very well. They even called us back to let us know that a pull-through site had become available. The showers and restroom facilities are very clean, among the best I have seen. Each restroom/shower is a private room. The restrooms and community room require a key code for entry to enhance security. Trash is picked up at your site. Free Wi-Fi worked well. I highly recommend this RV park for visiting the Houston/NASA/Clear Lake area. Nightly rate reflects Good Sam discount. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Lindenberg

This is a very clean, quite campground. The free wi-fi wasn't working due to a Time-Warner problem. We stayed two night while visiting the Houston Space Center. All the pads were concrete. The cable tv worked great. I would return again if staying in the area. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

tomboy2

Wi-fi for a fee. Exceptionally clean individual restrooms with showers. Narrow concrete padded sites. Fast food restaurants and grocery nearby. RV wash on premeises. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Motorhome.

rcfowlerok

We been here twice before this & it just gets better. I would of rated them higher if they had WiFi. I'll have to agree with the other two reviews. The staff are just great & very helpful. Very Very little road noise. Much better than the park up the road. Ya'll save us a site for next year. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

Very easy to manuever. Friendly and helpful staff. The only drawback is the entrance
sneaks up on you. If it hand't been for the Good Sam decal on the sign I might have missed it because it said Bay Colony Storage. Otherwise this is a great place and definitely will go back there. The park is only 15 minutes from Galveston Island and about the same from NASA and other attractions in the area. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

New state of the art RV Resort with outstanding & Friendly management. Ultra clean individual restrooms. In between Houston & Galveston. Much better than the RV parks in that area. Also a Good Sam Park! Free cable & Phone hook ups.We
will be back for sure! We will definitely be staying here when we are in the area again. We camped at Bay Colony RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Space Center RV Park

League City, Texas

Van Manor

Houston, Texas

Bay RV Park

San Leon, Texas

Are you affiliated with Bay Colony RV Resort?