Dripping Springs, Texas

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $1.00

I am less an RVer and more of a "tiny home" advocate. I love it here because of the management, seclusion, and closeness to a major city. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

New section

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $15.00

We stayed one month here, the price reflects a monthly price of $400, plus metered electric charge of $40. We stayed in the new section in the rear of the park. It just opened in February 2017, and the owners said they plan on one more new section in the future. I wonder if the owners are relatively new to the park, as reading some of the negative reviews don't seem to reflect our experience at all. This park is fairly rustic, which we liked but which might not be what you want - there is a bathroom/shower room, but we didn't use it, so I don't know if it was clean, although I saw people going in and out, so I doubt it was awful. I did do laundry, and it was reasonably priced and worked fine. Plus, they have a small reading library, with books for both kids and adults. There are a number of long-termers at the park, and a nice range of ages, including kids. One of the best, new, features of the park is a brand-new wi-fi system, that went live on our second day. Good thing, as the LTE signal was bad there. We were able to switch our phones to the AT&T wi-fi, so that solved the phone issue. We noticed we picked up a strong LTE signal about a mile closer to highway 290. One nice thing about the location, is you are about equi-distant from Dripping Springs and Blanco, both worth exploring. We have family in DS, so that often was our direction, but we had fun exploring the backroads, too. I think this park, now with 63 spaces, is a worthy successor to its more crowded park closer in town, which for two years running we haven't been able to get into at all. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Space 38

Dripping Springs now holds the distinction of being the Wedding Capital of Texas! Plenty of lovely venues, event planning and so on exist to make your day special. Texas Olive Co. us on Fitzhugh Road - grab some award winning olive oil there. Plus - breweries, wineries and distilleries, oh my! Love Deep Eddy, Treaty Oak, Twisted X, and Jester King Brewery, all nearby.

S R

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

This park is in a wooded area with a super walking trail. The manager is great. There is only one shower and toilet. The water taste terrible and leaves white spots. There is no cell phone service and no cable. An antenna will get some channels. Some sites are shaded, some are not. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

This park is about 10 miles from Johnson City and 11 miles from Dripping Springs.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

This park is about 13 miles to downtown Dripping Springs, Tx. Nice and clean park with mostly live ins but all sites occupied appeared well kept. Owner was very cordial and showed us to our site and helped us get set up. All sites are gravel with full hookups and had a picnic table. Nice landscaping around our site #28. Park is currently building more sites. Excellent broadband WiFi. AT&T cell service almost non-existant. We will stay again!! We stayed in a 38ft motorhome. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Very convenient to Dripping Springs and Blanco.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

This part of Texas is in drought and the park reflects the lack of rain by dust and very little vegetation. Most of the shade is taken up by long timers. The park is big rig friendly but there are a lot of low branches that need to be trimmed. The internal roads and sites are gravel. The utilities are adequate. This is not a destination park. The staff is accommodating and friendly. We won't be back. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $30.00

We stayed at this park for three months at the monthly rate. This park is very nice and about 10 miles to the closest town. The park is well kept and the neighbors are all quiet but sociable and friendly. All the facilities are kept clean and in good working condition. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $32.00

We stayed here for a month. Owner was so helpful and very nice. It is a beautiful park with lots of space between sites. We had some great neighbors. Owner said they would be putting a pool in for next summer. This would make the park perfect! The only negative is cell phone reception. If you are on vacation, this might be a plus! We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $35.00

Very clean park. When we were there I'd say it was 95% snowbirds and mature couples, i.e., very quiet. Our spot was closest to the road and a little vehicle traffic noise, but not to where it was bothersome. There was also 27 acres behind the camping spots with walking trails which we totally enjoyed. Would I stay there again? In a heartbeat. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $35.00

Wonderful Place! The host was so wonderful and friendly. The park is super clean and has character. The back sites look very peaceful. We stayed up front and there was a little noise from the street. The laundry facility was so clean and inexpensive. I really have nothing bad to say about it. There are nice walking trails, too. We will be back for sure and recommend it. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $35.00

This was my first time out in the trailer, and I truly enjoyed my stay! The owners of the park, which may have changed now, were extremely helpful. They helped me back the trailer up, gave me pointers (but not too many!) about the hookup process, and answered all of my questions. They stopped by to check on me, offered assistance, and were just very nice. The grounds were very quiet, the walking trails were abundant and located on the premises. I stayed with my two dogs who enjoyed it as well. My only compliant was no water access; however, I knew that going in, and we made do with the conveniently located water activities all over the area! We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

This was only our second RV trip. We really enjoyed this campground. Small, quiet, peaceful. Just what we wanted. The owners were wonderful and very helpful. We plan to return this fall in order to spend more time outdoors when it is not so hot. A great home base for touring several of the hill country cities and sights. We loved the walking trails through the woods. What a nice perk! Thank you owners for taking such good care of us! We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $35.00

This lovely RV park was quite a terrific find. We needed a home base close to Austin. Dripping Springs is just west of the city with easy access to all Austin highlights. Some of the sites are nicely shaded and situated on a charming little creek. Although there is no pool or lake, the serenity and charm make up for the lack of “Resort” style facilities. As a matter of fact, we left Cottonwood Creek to spend some time further west at a much larger RV Resort that had cabins for some visiting friends. The big place was just “OK” and we wished we were back at the Creek. The magic of this property can be found on the walking trails that are lovingly tended by the owner. They are mulched with cedar, making the paths aromatic and soft underfoot. A delightful nature walk by anyone’s reckoning. Wildlife was abundant. I even saw a coyote! If you have kids, you might want to go elsewhere, but if you want a great place for quiet grown-ups… here it is. This Park will be our Home every time we visit the Austin area. Highly recommended. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $35.00

I've been trying for sixteen years to convert my wife to an avid RV'er. Our wonderful stay at Cottonwood Creek did the trick! We will return soon to enjoy the beautiful park, the friendly hosts, and fellow campers! The 'Woods' behind the park are wonderful for kids of all ages to wander around in! And we love the quiet, simple atmosphere! The owners of the park couldn't be nicer, nor could our fellow campers. Many are repeat and extended stay campers at Cottonwood Creek! We will return soon! We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $25.00

What a wonderful park! What it lacked in amenities (showers, pool), it made up for in charm and friendly service. Newer park and very clean. It is out in the middle of nowhere, but it was perfect for a nice, quiet getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful and very pet friendly. A must stay if you are in the Austin, TX area! We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $30.00

Boy, were we glad to get out of this park!!! The long-timers stay because of the cheap monthly rate and pretty natural environment but I would rather pay double than have to encounter such crazy and abusive owners again. I wondered when we first checked in why such a pretty CG would be so empty – but after a couple of days of the owners’ negative and intrusive behavior, it became very clear why they didn’t have more customers. This place was more like a prison camp than a RV park! Park has lots of trees, a wooded area to walk in, level sites with generally solid hook-ups, and the other campers were nice. No cellphone reception and our Verizon data card did not work. We used bottle water since we had stomach upsets drinking the water from the site even with our full-RV filtration system. We had to be in the area so I paid for a month + the electrical security deposit. They took my credit card information for the reservation but demanded a check when we arrived (that should have been the first red flag). The wife helped us back-into the site – that was the last nice thing we experienced. From day 2-onward there were notes showing up on our doorstep telling us of new rules (none of them listed in the rules sheet they gave us) – we were only supposed to use certain types of garbage bags; the fold-able stairs my dog used to climb into the rig had to be folded up and put away whenever we left the CG. Okay, so I followed all of the new rules – they did not make sense to me but I was trying to be helpful and cooperative. On the seventh day of our visit the wife showed up and demanded ‘those stairs have to be put away’ – I explained that the fold-able Pet-Loader was for our arthritic dog who could not climb in and out of the RV and needed the steps. She did not care It was scary and if the cell had worked, I would have called 911. As it was, we hooked-up (it was near night) and high-tailed out of there early the next morning (the husband spent the night driving by our site – checking to see if the stairs were still folded up). These people are crazy, crazy, crazy – and if you stay there, I hope your experience is better than ours! Given how crazy they are, I doubt they will refund our money or the unused portion of the electrical deposit – so I will file a claim with the BBB. But frankly, losing the money is not important – my family’s safety is worth so much more. Luckily the next CG we stayed in was wonderful. We camped at Cottonwood Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Miller Creek RV Resort

Johnson City, Texas

Green Acres RV Park

Wimberley, Texas

The Blanco Settlement

Blanco, Texas

Are you affiliated with Cottonwood Creek RV Park ?