Hilltop RV Park

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $30.00

Owner checked us in and was very nice. Super cute park. Owners have it decorated really nice. No trashy RV's and sites are more than long enough for our 44ft 5th wheel with ample parking for truck. Clean and quiet!! Couldn't ask for more. WiFi is fast too! Just here for the night but will return if ever this way again. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $27.00

Our second visit to this park, also in winter. As the name indicates, its on a hill, located on the west side of town, north of the I10 freeway and off the frontage road. Nice people (on the phone, never seen in person, as we have been late check in's both times), with our reservation information provided by phone and our after hours documentation left at the desk outside the office. Our space for the night was toward the rear of the park and near others that were only there for the night. The park can get breezy due to its location (and cold during the winter). As we have only been winter guests, the pool in the area has never personally been used and the enclosed buildings never entered. The power is strong/steady and never over/under voltage (we are 50 amp) and the water has never frozen (and is protected with insulation to prevent it from happening). Landscaping is minimal (west Texas normal) and predominately brown in color. We did see a collection of wild rabbits pass in front of use upon entry, but no other wildlife was noted (nor heard). Easy entry/exit into the park and parking spots. Nightly rate is normally $30, but they provide a $3 discount for cash. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Many stores in town, which is just on the other side of I-10. A truck stop is located on the same exit as the park. Walmart is also in town.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $36.00

This was our first visit to this RV park. We gave it a try because of the stark racist image at the other major RV park in the Fort Stockton area (multiple Confederate flags flying at numerous sites throughout the park). Starting with the positives at Hilltop RV park, the staff was very friendly and the hookups were very good. Each site had a picnic table set up on pavers and WiFi was available. Unfortunately, the major negative of this park is that the entire park (sites and access roads) is situated on crushed gravel. We arrived on a rainy day, and it was a muddy mess. I would imagine that when it is dry, the park is alternatively very dusty. Also, our site was quite unlevel (front to back) and the front of our fifth wheel was nearly at ground level when we leveled up. There is no recycling available in the park. It is obvious that some effort has been made by the owners to construct a decent RV park, but (at the very least) the access roads in the park need to be paved and coarser gravel needs to be in place at the RV sites. Without these improvements, I doubt that we would consider staying here again. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $27.00

Small RV park just off I-10. Relatively big rig friendly as turns were wide and sites were spacious. Utilities were easy to get to. Had a small dog park with grass (mostly dead), but usable. Park is good for overnight stop, as it is easy in and out (off frontage road). Some folks let small dogs run without leashes and didn't clean up after them, so watch your step. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Good for overnight stop. Park had a pool but it was closed due to time of year. Probably would be ok for a few days/week or so if visiting the area.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

Good for an overnight stop. If you call for reservations rather than just showing up they will give directions on how to exit I-10 and get on the access road for the park.

Nice dog run and there is a small pool and laundry facilities. Did self check in and never saw anyone resembling a park representative. Many of the spaces seem to be taken by local workers. Have stayed here several times and all have been satisfactory. It can get windy at times. Had to pull in my slides once to stop the slide cover rattle so I could sleep. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $33.00

This was our second stay at this park. We find this park to be convenient to I-10. It offers photo ops for stunning sunrises and sunsets. The park is well maintained and the staff friendly. Being on a hill top, winds can be strong and blow sand and dirt. Given the interior roads and pad sites are crushed caliche this park could be a real mess in rainy weather! We will stay here again. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

Not sure where the high ratings come from on this campground. The campground is what passes for dirt in this area - crushed limestone or better known as caliche. It's bright white, sticks to everything and is as barren as a campground can get. I'm not talking about just in the site I'm talking about everywhere in the campground.

There were 2 or 3 other overnighters passing through here the night I stayed and all the rest (maybe 45) were workers, mostly oil filed or related industry workers. So, the morning came early when dozens of diesel trucks all started up to go to work around sun up.

There's a pool with some grass around it. and a small dog park and a long skinny dog "run" and that's the sum total of grass here.

You're right on I-10 on the access road but road noise wasn't a major issue because it's 100 degrees here in the summer and you'll keep all window shades pulled and the AC roaring.

There are two individual men's rooms / women's rooms - all full up all morning long.

WiFi was pretty good here and so was cell coverage.

It was a handy location, but even though I come back this way often I doubt I'd return.

PS. Fort Stockton has about 3-RV parks none of them are "nice." This might be the nicest of the 3, but that's all that can be said about it. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $33.00

We were traveling back to California and needed a place to stay in Fort Stockon so I used RV park reviews to see what parks were in the area and this park had the best the reviews and I can see why. Very clean and nice friendly people running the park. Thank you! We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

This new clean park is a great place to stopover while crossing TX. The park appears designed to serve.

Once trees and shrubs grow enough to provide shade, this will be an outstanding park. We stayed two nights. Swimming pool was nice relief from the heat. Overall, more than satisfactory. We would stay here again while traveling through Fort Stockton.

2 suggestions: a key code lock on the adult lounge room, instead of having ask for a key; and offer a jigsaw puzzle in the same room. It is a relatively small room for the number of sites. Is there a room for the long-term people to gather? Offering suggestions as good for thought, no complaints. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

Stayed overnight when traveling through. The office gal was very nice. She led us right to our site. Office is nicely air conditioned. There are cute "Amigo" statues there. Not much in the park. It is a basic RV stay on the top of a windy hill. No cable. They did have DVD borrowing. 50 amp hookup was fine. Water pressure adequate. We probably would not stay again just because it was expensive to just sleep. It is also hard to get out of there back to the highway. They need to add signage on that side of the road as when you see the sign you have already passed the onramp and it is difficult to turn around. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nothing is near this RV park. It was ok for an overnight stay but is located a bit off the highway. Would have been nice if they had cable for the stay. Trees are new and small. When they mature they will be great. It had a lot of working folks staying here.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

Park clean as can be with west Texas dirt. Great sites with easy access in and out. Just pay attention leaving. Go to the left to return to I-10 west. Great place to overnight. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $27.00

Tried to call this park to inquire about availability. Ultimately after many tries, I left a voice mail which was never returned after several hours. Upon check in, I was told that maybe service had been interrupted due to a storm and she wasn't sure when the owner would get around to getting it fixed. Sites are impeccably clean. They aren't huge sites but our pull through was more than adequate for our 40 ft motorhome with slides plus towed Jeep. Our site also included a paved patio with picnic table. Park is all dirt and I suspect it could be pretty dusty in a wind. Directions o. Web site were perfect and we had no problem getting to or leaving the park. There is a 10% discount for cash. This park, and all others in the area, are filled with pipeline and energy workers. Having stayed in other parks in this area, we like this one the best and will stay here again. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $32.00

Ok park for an overnight stay. The owner was very friendly. The sites are gravel but has decent utilities. The site was level and the utilities were placed ok. This isn't my idea of a park to vacation at but it was ok for a one night stay. I would stay again. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $27.00

This campground is good for an overnighter. Sites are roomy, dirt and gravel, no shade. There's no cable TV, and you only get four over-the-air channels (CBS, MyTV, NBC and CW). The way back to I-10 East from the campground is very confusing. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $27.00

A really nice RV park right along I-10 in West Texas. Perfect for an overnight stop along that highway. Most of the occupants are either residents or overnight visitors. Very nice layout. Clean well-maintained facilities. Friendly owner and staff. I highly recommend this park. We camped at Hilltop RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Hacienda RV Resort

Las Cruces, New Mexico

San Antonio KOA

San Antonio, Texas

Parkview RV Park

Fort Stockton, Texas

Are you affiliated with Hilltop RV Park?