8.6 Excellent

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $46.00

This site L1 was a pull thru but my slot had a wash out that prevented me from pulling straight, to make turn to left could not turn to right turn to tight, had to back out . I stayed in back section the roads are narrower in this section which makes it harder to maneuver, gravel and uneven slot but does have trees for shade. The personal were friendly the park was clean. This camp is good location t0 Frederickburg (5miles). I would stay here again but in different slot. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $48.00

Second time we have stayed here and love it! Very clean, easy to maneuver. Great park host and staff. Rules are strictly enforced, which I appreciate. Plenty of sites with shade. Very peaceful. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

G7

Lots of shopping close and wonderful restaurants. Alamo Springs is one of our favorite places to eat! Fried Avocado! Yum!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

We stayed here for 2 nights as our first trip with our new Class A motorhome which is much larger than the Class C we'd had for 8 years so a big concern for us was a long, spacious site. The site we were given was exactly as promised--long pull-through with room for tow car and shaded. It was also on the end in the back corner of the campground which added to the privacy and quietness. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The campground was very clean and well taken care of (we didn't use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on them, but the pool looked very inviting). I want to especially thank the office personnel for helping us even after we left the campground. When we got home I realized I had lost my key ring with car keys, house keys, plus many other keys. Since we never exited our motorhome from the time we left the KOA until we arrived at home (and we searched the entire motorhome for the keys), we assumed I dropped them at the campsite after hooking up our tow car (we had a spare car key that was left in the tow ignition). I called the KOA and they were busy so I left a message about the keys and asked for them to call me back. About 15 minutes later, I got a call that they had gone out to the site and found my keys. He said he would check the best way to get them to me. He called me back about 10 minutes later and said the best way was that he would take them to the UPS place and have them sent to me. Throughout this process, the man was not only helpful, but he was very cheerful and sincere. In other words he didn't appear to mind helping at all. I would definitely recommend this Fredericksburg KOA to anyone who is in that area. Great customer service/care is hard to find sometimes, but these folks are great! We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

gmk

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Owner on site. Great service. Very attentive to camper needs. All hook ups look new. Good location We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $43.00

This gated park was a pleasant home while we visited the area for the bluebonnet season. Staff is friendly and helpful. The sites are spacious and mostly level. The dog park was large and roped off but lacked a dry path getting to it. Dog rules are very strict. The hill country has much to offer and Fredericksburg is a charming community. We enjoyed our stay here. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

E06

Lots of German restaurants in Fredericksburg, but Otto's German Bistro was particularly delightful.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $34.00

Very crowded but clean park. Location is good for visiting everything in the area. Office staff very friendly . We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Great for visiting the area. Roads were crowded with tow vehicles.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $49.00

Park is nice. Well kept for most part. Close to town and wine trail. Very nice shade trees and canopy. They should tell you when you check in what day they will be mowing. The grounds keepers love to mow the dirt! We came back from a nice day in town to find our tables, chairs and rug covered with the lawn debris and dirt. Nice views here if you are in a site that faces west. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Near front by road

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

We are frequent travelers/campers and have stayed at scores of KOA campgrounds around the country. This KOA has an efficient check-in service and all the usual amenities. What cannot be known until arrival, however, is that this campground has the highest volume of traffic noise that we have EVER experienced. Perhaps it was our row (A), but very fast, loud vehicles drove by constantly. It was very pleasant weather but any thought of open windows was squashed by the truly incredible traffic noise. This is still a convenient place to stay for visiting Fredericksburg, but be aware of the noise issue. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

Row A

Fredericksburg KOA, owner at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA responded to this review

Yikes! So sorry to hear this. We know we have some road noise during the day but can't imagine we're the worst. (No trains or airplanes, at least.) You mentioned your were in the A-row. That row is economy back-in sites & are the last sites to rent in the park when we are full. I'm guessing the reason you were in that row is that you made your reservation during a busy season without a month's notice? (I can't look it up with just a screen name.) Please know our park is very quiet as long as you make your reservation with plenty of notice & get a site deeper in the park. Please keep this in mind & give us another chance but with much, much more notice.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

Over the last four years I have stayed at between 35 and 40 KOA's, usually for the ease of location. Some Good, Some Bad, most just Average and then on occasion I find a very good one. Fredricksburg is one of them. The staff here is the best I have ever had at a KOA. The park is very clean. The road and site are rock but they have been are very good. The sites are a little tight and you take your time on a couple of turns but I have a 40 foot and I tow and have no problem. The large KOA sign was knocked down in a wind storm and they are in process of replacing so I suggest you call first as my GPS did not take their address and I had to find a place to turn around.

I go through this town and will now make this my place. It is about six miles out of town so you need a car or there is good cab service. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

If you are here only one night you want to go into town. Lots of restaurants, wine tasting rooms and of course shopping. On main street you are allowed to carry open containers of adult beverages while the other one shops.

If you are in this area for the First Sunday of each month there is a FREE concert at Luckenbach which is six miles from the KOA. It is a singer/songwriter concert and while it is mostly country there is a mix of others. The setting is outside under huge Oaks. Beer and food available. There are picnic tables but I suggest you bring your chairs. Concert was from 1 to four.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $37.00

My wife and I decided to travel to Fredericksburg for a 4 day trip. We must say, the park was excellent, as were the owners. They made us feel at home. We really was surprised at the overall customer service being so great. We would definitely stay here again, and SOON!! Love this park. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit the City of Fredericksburg. Plenty to see and do, especially the Pacific War Museum. Takes your breath away. Great!!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

We loved this RV park. It was very well maintained and operated. Staff were helpful and friendly. Lots of trees. They ARE strict about keeping pets on a leash and picking up after them. Personally I appreciate that. It's also a very quiet park. It's so peaceful that instead of staying four nights, we stayed a week. We will definitely go back! We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

G 7

So much to do. Shop in Fredericksburg, music and dancing In Luckenbach, Johnson City close by. Lots of good restaurants!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $84.00

This is a nice KOA with large level sites and some large shade trees. The sites are long and wide and gravel. Normally a staff member guides you into your site and offers some assistance. This time the guide drove through the site and was gone before I was out of the truck. Not sure what is going on. We have stayed here many times and have enjoyed it very much. Now they have an electric gate that is very narrow and problematic in operation. This time we had our two 13 year old grandkids with us. I had made reservations on my cell phone and apparently misunderstood when he quoted the rates. On check in I was shocked: $15.00 PER NIGHT PER CHILD! Two nights: $168.00 total.

Everything works well, but there seemed to be more patches than repairs.

My site was long enough but not entirely usable due to slides conflicting with multiple utility pedestals. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D3

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Be aware hazardous entrance from highway.

If traveling with children there is a list of rules you sign and date.

In my opinion NOT child friendly.

Fredericksburg KOA, owner at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA responded to this review

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry you were not pleased with your stay. You noted the new gate being problematic. We have only had it in place for a week & are still working out the bugs. However, we have not had any reports of issues from customers. We hope in the long run it will be a great addition & have received very positive feedback so far. Regarding the rate, you chose one of our most expensive sites then added the children. I believe if you compare parks in Fredericksburg, our rates are right in line. One park charges $70-80 per night to include children even if you don't have them with you. Anyway, again, we are sorry you were not pleased with your stay with us.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $44.00

Nice clean park, VERY EASY in and out of our site (C01). Easily able to keep van hooked up with 37'. Great pet and walking area, very well kept. Loved the rooster alarm clock.... We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Motorhome.

C01

Love the hill country, best area in Texas, bar none

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $59.00

Hwy 290 is a busy road, so you get some day noise, but not enough to be bothersome. Night is quiet.

Attendants are very responsive to your needs. Sites are gravel, moderately level, and long. The further back sites have plenty of shade. We were in E01 with a shared paved patio, although our neighbors never came out. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E01

Fredericksburg is about 6 miles away. LBJ State Park is 11 miles toward Austin. Old Tunnel SP is about 11 miles away.

Avoid facing west toward Hwy 1373 (and Shell station) in spring and summer as it gets very hot on sunny days.

Go visit the Longhorns behind the dog park.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $19.00

Best place to stay with your RV when visiting the Texas Hill Country. Very clean and well maintained park, with wonderful staff. The owners and the staff will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Good sized sites with plenty of room for awnings and slides. Power is clean and steady, water pressure is good, limited cable service and free wifi. Wifi is typical for an RV park, sometimes slow and designed to be able to check you emails and that's about all. Close to area attractions, very easy access to Fredericksburg and right on the "Hwy 290 Winery Trail". Our rate is based on a month long stay including our electricity fee. We camped at Fredericksburg, Texas KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

G5

Are you affiliated with Fredericksburg, Texas KOA ?