Jamaica Beach RV Park

Galveston, Texas

judb

While this park offers good pools, free movies at night and the staff was friendly, it had more negatives than positives for us. We were placed on back row next to horse stables, had several neighbors that looked to be full time - not quiet to the junky stage, but getting there. The one next to us had 3 vehicles that made our site seemed smaller than it was. The sewer stub was too high for our discharge so I had to get out, lift and jiggle the sewer hose occasionally - my response to the explanation that the "code" required the sewer stub to be 6 in. was that the pads should be higher. If you plan on doing Galveston, be aware it is a 15-20 min. drive. There is nothing around the park but beach homes and the beach. We paid to play their mini-golf at night, but lighting was so poor we could not see most holes. We will opt for one of the parks actually in Galveston for our next visit. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

revs2010

Facilities worked as expected. Sites/roads are a little narrow for big rig maneuvering. Cement sites are nice, but corners that drop off 3-4+ inches are real tire-cutters. Had to lay boards in order to maneuver into our site without dropping into muddy grass or risk tires on cement edges. Many vehicles parked at the end of sites limit the roadways. For the Galveston area, the park is reasonable, just be mindful of big rig maneuvering. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

SargeW

This is decent little park. The sites are a little close together, and really not much of view as you are quite away from the water. Especially if you are on the bay side. The patio is nice, but a bit on the small side. The pool is nice, and is a "walk in" type. That is where there is no raised edge on the side, allowing you to pull lounge chairs into the shallows and sit partially in the water. A nice touch to keep cool. There is a swim up bar, bring your own drinks. They had an exercise room, but it was stacked with boxes and the equipment was broken. The owner said it would be fixed in the future. I would look at other parks in the future to be a little closer to the beach. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fulltimeduo2014

Friendly staff and right across the road a wonderful stretch of beach. About 20 min. drive into Galveston that has any services you would need. If you love the beach and want a quiet place, this place is excellent. Would stay here again. A few full timers and workers, but not enough to ruin the atmosphere of the park. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

ckroschel

This was our first park on our first trip in our first motorhome so I don't have anything to compare to except my extensive worldwide travel by car, boat and air. However, I feel I am objective and honest and can write a review you can bank on!: We were at the park for 5 days during what must be the off-season in this area, however the park was full most of the time so "off-season" may be slightly less than accurate. With that said, and with some consideration given for the fact that parks must have some down-time for things like maintenance and cleaning, I have to say that if I had paid full-price (or high season price as the case may be), I would be disappointed in this property based on this particular stay. The property entrance is not well lit and arriving at dusk we almost missed it; something that would have been extremely disappointing in a 42' rig with a dinghy that can not back up and has a very large turning radius! Another factor that made our first impression somewhat less than stellar was the fact that the signage to the office is almost non-existent (in fact during our stay we noticed several people wandering around looking for where to check in!). We were given a site that was "as close to the beach as possible" and "on the end" as I had requested when I made the reservation. I was disappointed to find however that the beach access was across a "highway" and more than 400 yards away so while I did enjoy the extra lawn space, I was not impressed with the fact than no one told me how far away the beach was! Site 106. Another issue that I was told was due to the particular site we were in was that I was unable to connect to the WIFI more than 75% of the time! It was frankly annoying and while I asked more than once for assistance the standard answer was either "it's working fine" or "that spot can be a dead zone". I had to work while on the road and ended up using my phone when what I really needed was my laptop! The facility has some nice amenities such as the "spa" and clean bathrooms, but the mini-golf course was a mess, the outdoor chess set was in shambles, the pools were filthy, and I observed more cigarette butts than I care to describe! Staff was pleasant enough but did not appear very knowledgeable, particularly about things to do in the area or more mundane things such as finding a tow-truck that someone who is staying here more than a day or two might need to know! Overall based on my years of traveling worldwide I would give this park a 3 out of 5. I might come back, but I believe I would look at other options first. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

MTSHanson

The owners just keep making it better and better! Wonderful campground with amenities galore for the whole family. Sites are long and level, power is always consistent, and park cable works great. The pools are great. Love having adult time in one of the pools without the kids splashing around and the new hot tub is so awesome. Our family always enjoys the Saturday morning breakfast and also the nightly movies. The beach is just across the street and the state park is just 2 miles away for back bay fishing access. We will return again and again. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

kaptunkk

Medium sized well kept park. They are doing some remodeling in the office area so the gym needs to be organized and equipment needs to be kept in working order. Would visit again We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Linda & George

Older park. Well maintained. Across the road from nice beach. Extremely pet friendly. Accommodating management. Clean, lots to do in area. Horseback riding besides park. 1/2 hr from lots to do in Galveston. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys the beach, due to proximity. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

topperdan

This is one of the nicest parks we have ever stayed at. Park is very clean and neat. Pet friendly. Concrete pads and patio. Each site has a picnic table. Has pirate theme put-put course, Large pool with swim up bar, hot tub as big as some people's pool, outdoor movie, and very friendly staff. They even have delivery pizza. The beach is just across the street. This is not just an overnight stay, it is a destination. Highly recommend this location. Stayed 10 days. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

krb

Price reflects weekly rate. Park is right across the street from Gulf beaches. Full 50 amp hookup paved and level pull-through sites. Paved roads. Very nice park with two pools which were closed in the winter. Huge enclosed hot tub which was wonderful in the cooler weather. Park also has a pond and a mini-golf course. Free Wi-Fi, which worked okay, and free cable. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

gbburgess

This resort is about 8 miles south of Galveston on 3005, the seawall highway. Public beach access is less than 1/2 mile away across the road. Sites are paved and level. Utilities access is a stretch for longer motorhomes but all are recent in age. Owners are improving the resort with more office space, a spa, pool, and a possible land purchase to gain bay access. A good restaurant, gas and convenience store items are less than a mile away. We would stay here again. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Harry R

The park was clean and in great condition. The roads are concrete but a bit narrow although the turns had sufficient room for our 40 ft fifth wheel. The sites are long, concrete, level and provide sufficient room to park your RV and vehicle. The beach access is about a quarter of a mile walk. The reason for the 8 rating was due to our being unable to connect to the park Wi-Fi. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

good2cu

This is the best park we have visited. And we've been full timing for a year. Clean, accommodating and just across the street from the ocean. Of all the parks we have visited in Texas this is by far the #1. The rest can't hold a candle to this park. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

DMR2011

Husband and I stayed here in November. Nice park with most spaces pull-through. Streets and sites all concrete. Site was level and husband said the hookups were first class. Space between sites was okay; grassy and some sites had landscaping. There was a cute putt-putt golf course on-site that is open to the public. Very family friendly, but this time of year, there were mainly adults in the park. Some "winter Texans." On Saturday night they had an outdoor movie screen where they played a children's movie, that I thought was a unique idea, but it was loud, so I would not want a site in that area. Because of the time of year, we did not use the pools, club house, etc., so I cannot comment on them. Construction was underway on a new spa. It was a nice park a short drive from the busyness of Galveston and close to beach access. We would stay here again. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

SeaLandSkyPhoto

Very nice campground located across the street from the beach. Water is visible from coach windows when in the front row of resort, but you also get the road noise (mostly light and pretty non-existent at night) and the singing power lines (when windy). If it is really quiet you can hear the surf from the front row. Beach access is from a public access point about 100 yards down the road to the right. Concrete access roads with concrete level pull-throughs. Not a lot of inter-site spacing, but enough so you don’t feel crowded. Some of the access roads and corners are very tight in a 37’ motorhome, but it is fine with careful maneuvering and paying attention to the campground map. Power OK, water OK (40 to 60 psi), sewer OK (but some connections may be uphill), Wi-Fi OK (stable connection and decent speed), strong Verizon cell signal with good data speed, no problem with satellite access. Good mobile RV wash service. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Jamaica Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Jamaica Beach RV Park?