Sandpiper RV Resort

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Ocean Ocean yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $70.00

We've stayed here a few times and I've reviewed this park before but am adding another review. This is a great location and the price reflects that. However, for that price I'd like the internet to work and the dumpster is overflowing. The park was full for the weekend but it's now Monday afternoon and the park is less than 25% occupied and the park internet is still down. The pads are concrete, long and level. The utilities were all good. The cable service is only fair. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

I'm a sentimental guy so I like to eat at Guido's, very enjoyable meal. We also like Benno's and eat here every time we are in Galveston, Sunday afternoon it is a ZOO so be prepared.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

very clean, well cared for park. it looks pretty new and they have wonderful facilities for plugging in. it was a breeze to get in and out. i was in a nice wide pull thru with plenty of room to spare. the pool and spa were terrific! you're a block from the beach...an ez walk. not far from the old downtown/tourist areas. i would absolutely come back here to stay. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

old downtown along the wharf is fun to visit. Mario's Seawall Italian is good place ...a bit overpriced perhaps, real close to RV Park

we2

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $72.00

Check in went fine, got a nice site (9) but it had a weak 50 amp breaker. I walked over to one of the employees and explained my problem and he took me right up to the office and got me a different site with no hassles at all. both employees were helpful and apologetic about the problem and couldnt be more helpful. It was a nice experience. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

we ate at Russos Italian across the street in a small plaza. good food and close enough to walk the parking system in Galveston is weird. ya gotta pay darn near everywhere and they want you to do it by phone. Not so sure my flip phone can do that but even if it could I cant LOL. old age is tough

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

Nice grassy areas between sites. Sites are level. Just behind the park is the beach, its easy walking. I would not get the sites on top next to the road. They are noisy with a lot of traffic. We will visit there again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $80.00

Stayed here 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Site was good. Management NOT good at enforcing rules or doing a drive around to check on things. Our trashy neighbors had 2 dogs tied to the fence & very rarely at the site until evening. Took 2 phone calls to management to have owners do something about constant dogs barking. Got somewhat better but not good. Rules say 10 persons per campsite. At times they had at least 15-20 people. Swimming pool OK but our neighbors pretty much took it over & they enjoyed their LOUD boom box music. The one pool bathroom was absolutely disgusting. Other issues but enough said. You would think that they would have more staff on the grounds for a busy weekend. Not here, 1 girl in the office. This is not a place I would stay at again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Site was good but our stay would have been more enjoyable IF management stayed on top of things. Why have rules if you don't enforce them !!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

This is a wonderful small park next to the beach... concrete pads, good wifi. Short walk to the beach & convenient to everything in Galveston... will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

This is a very nice park in a great location, but I had an issue with the customer service. We are new to RVing and I forgot to ask about club discounts. The receptionist did not ask me if we were club members either when I called on the phone or checked in, nor do they have a Good Sam's sign in the office. The only way I found out was because I overheard someone asking about it when I was back in the office extending our stay. The attitude of the personnel when I complained about not getting my discount was, "Oh well, too bad for you." Everyone I met that worked there acted as though they were doing me a favor by renting me a spot The free internet did not work the three days we were there. Someone's dog pooped on the interior road near the office before we arrived and it was still there when we left. The whole experience was not very inviting. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $45.00

Nothing wrong with this place. Good size, level pull through sites with easy access. Park is walking distance to the beach. Very well maintained. Nice infinity pool. Situated at the east end of Galveston which is the perfect spot for access to town and the Bolivar ferry. Walking distance to restaurants, or you can get delivery. Nice and quiet. Will surely return if we're in the area. 3 minute drive to East Beach to see the ships sail by. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $50.00

Location, location, location. This is a small, cleanpark right next to a very large public beach on the North end of Galveston Island. If you come in on the Ferry, you will drive right past the campground. Most of the campsites are within a fence and away from the road. There are some sites along the road, avoid those if you can - the traffic is noisy and constant, and you will need to access the facilities through a locked gate into the rest of the compound. Our campsite was concrete paved, the utilities were convenient. We were along the 20 foot tall retaining wall that separates the campground from the road above, and it was very quiet. Every campsite has some palm tree "shade" and lots of grass. The pool was very nice. The campground is very near to the things you want to see and do in Galveston. We really felt like we lucked out with the location. Part of our stay was during Texas Spring Break, and the fee was $60/night. Part of our stay was outside of Spring Break and the fee was $50/night. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

1B

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $45.00

We stayed a week while we did some sightseeing in Galveston. Over all a very nice place. net, well ordered pleasant helpful staff. The pool was cold but the hotter was great. There is a hotel attached to the complex so it is great place for RVers to stay with family. The cable was fine and internet worked so so. You have to change which one you are logged into. We could see the breakers from our windows. We had a huge cement wide pad. Easy on and easy off and a lot of staff always around working and cleaning. 16 block walk to historical downtown and a short walk to the seawall and beach. We slept to the sounds of the ocean. The only down side was there is a green ditch full of water just beyond the fence and at night the mosquitos were horrific. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Perfect place to stay if you want to see Historic Galveston or enjoy the beach. It is a very shirt drive from the ferry landing.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $50.00

We stayed here during the Christmas week of 2016. As a result, there were no discounts and the price was as high as it was. Not a bad place to stay with wide, flat, level cement pads that are wide enough to have more than one tow vehicle. Close to the attractions in Galveston, and easy to get to from I-45. Staff keeps the place clean. Problems Wifi is in need of some tweaking as it's slow at times so it's necessary to shift from one antenna to another often, and the lounge is on the same system rather than a direct line to the wifi router. There is a mosquito presence which kept us from going out as much as we'd like, and provided us with several bites. While we were here, the humidity was high; so much so that there was fog quite often during both the day and night. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

This park is in a great location - short walk to the beach. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The facilities are in need of some paint and TLC, but overall a nice park. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

This park is not a huge park but its very nicely laid out with pull throughs and back ins. Its close to beach and also close to the downtown stores and restaurants. It was very quite during the week but got full come the weekend. I wanted to use the pool, it looked really nice but ran out of time. This is a nice clean facility. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Advice when leaving. Take the side street to the traffic light about 300yards to the north its a better way to get to the main drag.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

This beachside Park is set up well for big rigs, with wide, level concrete pull through spots. From many sites, you can see the beach and the ships at anchor in the Gulf of Mexico. A very nice pool and hot tub and you can walk right from the resort to the beach. Have been here before, and will keep coming back! We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

The Pool is EXCELLENT and the hot tub actually works. Fire pit is available. Huge lots with plenty of room. Great sunrises. Very clean. They have additional guest quarters for visitors, if you get any. They have good Wifi. The lots have grass and palm trees. We would definitely stay again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Walk to the beach. Bike the seawall as far as you like. Plenty of restaurants.

Dellanera RV Park

Gulf Waters RV Resort

Port Aransas, Texas

Travelers World RV Resort

San Antonio, Texas

Jamaica Beach RV Park

Galveston, Texas

Are you affiliated with Sandpiper RV Resort ?