Stella Mare RV Resort

Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• 55+ 55+ yes
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Stella Mare RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $85.00

When we arrived we waited at the entrance for 20 min (sign at the entrance says "Stop! Wait here for assistance...or call this number..."). No one ever showed up. I tried to call the number on the sign and no one ever answered. After 20 min I drove around the place looking for an office. I found it and told the folks there about waiting so long for someone to escort us to our "reserved" spot. They were extremely dismissive of my frustration. They acted like it never happens. But the next day I saw another guest's RV sitting at the entrance, and they were asking one of the other guests how to go about checking in. Nice facility, but extremely poor service and attitude. For $85/ night you'd expect a better welcome...Don't wait at the entrance like the signs say...drive around and look for the office to check in We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

179 Portofino

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

Very nice park along the Gulf of Mexico. Plenty of palm trees and neatly trimmed grassy areas. Extra wide concrete roadways with storm drains and curbs. Pet-friendly areas to let your dogs run and play. Kid's splash fountain and nice large swimming pool. Our site was extra long at 90' pull-through. We were set up with a park bench but no picnic table. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

We went into Galveston Island and shopped at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co and ate there. We also toured the Victorian era homes and mansions on Broadway in Galveston.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

My family and I are very impressed with Stella Mare. We read a few questionable reviews so we had concerns before we got here but we are glad to say that we had a fantastic stay! I am not sure what those other "reviewers" were talking about but our stay couldn't be better. The grounds are kept very well and the employees are very friendly. We really enjoyed the Sunday morning doughnut social where a couple of the employees were waiting and chatting. The pool is fantastic with great seating and the children's play area is huge and new. some spots had tables and some didn't I suppose you could request one. I did notice they were working on staining several bench seats. It also looks like they are on the verge of opening a new kids water play area. All of the spots are concrete and CLEAN! The employees are very astute and mindful of the front entrance. From what I hear they will be adding gated entries. I can't say enough good about this park. The area is nice too. You are out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds but you are only a few minutes from it if you want it. There is free beach access right next to Woody's right across the street or you can drive further north on the island for road side parking to access the beach. The only downside in my opinion for the park is the bathroom/laundry combination. The shower, toilet and laundry are all inclusive to one large room. Honestly that is like way awkward! I guess it was a strategic plumbing placement but seriously I could only imagine the weirdness doing laundry when a naked person steps out of the shower! Everyone has full hook-ups so use your better judgement I suppose. We were very impressed...I know we will be back! We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Don't forget to visit the Space Center! There are several beach access points south of the campground just be careful because some of the roads are pot hole heavy. You may bottom out. Bubba Gump shrimp was expensive and the food portions are small. That's a real problem if you are a foodie like me. The place gets pretty quiet during the week so plan accordingly. It is much easier to get around and parking is free by the amusement pier.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $53.00

This resort is worthy of the name "resort", and I wish I could give it an 11. Sites are generous. They keep an eye on the highway and are waiting to escort you when you get to the office. They pick up your trash from 8:00 to 8:00. Security is excellent. All hook-ups were perfect. Interior roads are smooth. They have lots of beautiful lounge chairs by their sparkling pool. And, they are very helpful with lots of tourist info. We camped here in a 38' motorhome. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

We loved taking the free ferry. We saw lots of birds; other trips saw dolphins. Spots is highly recommended for lunch/dinner, but was very, very busy.

Featured Campgrounds Near Stella Mare RV Resort

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $20.00

My family and I are full time RVers. We stayed here for a period of 5 months and this is what we have to say. First off lets pin point the good things. It is in a great location, has a beautiful pool and playground, and is well maintained. Now for the bad list. The WiFi is horrible. We had to use our hotspot on our cell phones most of the time and even paying for an upgrade did not help. There is no cable.The spots are too close together unless you pay top dollar for premier sites (which are the only ones with picnic tables btw). As far as the bathrooms I found that the hot water did not last long and that the code would change and not be told what it was. Most of the staff are rude and inconsiderate. They pick and choose who they get onto meaning that you might get reprimanded for having a radio on during the day but your neighbors across from you can stay up till 2 playing music, yelling, and drinking. If you are a weekender then its fine but full time lets hope you fit into their "clique". We had complaints of my dogs barking when it was their crew circling my trailer looking for poop causing them to bark when we were not at home. We were accused of not cleaning up our dogs poop when the 6 trailers around mine all shared a common area. One of the staff actually told us there was a watch list for certain spaces that they were told to keep a special eye on. When I purchased my new travel trailer I was coerced into moving it into a spot across the park from where I was at. After living in the spot for 3 weeks I caught the neighbor, who was a work camper, taking pics of my dog, rv, kids and surrounding area. When I confronted the office about the peeping tom worker I was told that he was told to do so by the staff and that we were not a "good fit" for their resort and needed to leave. I have always been very polite and tried working with them on multiple occasions and just felt like I was being "picked on". I will never stay in this park again and will warn everyone I know to stay away unless you're only in for a weekend. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $54.00

This very new park is excellent in every way! The park is clean and beautifully maintained. The sites are level concrete pads with a slight tilt toward the street for drainage (need 1-2 blocks on street side). All hookups worked well. Sites are spacious and well spaced from neighbors. Back-ins have green areas behind for walking self or dogs, and the east back-ins back up to a lake with beautiful wintering birds to watch. All common areas are spotless and very well lit including bathrooms and showers. Laundries are clean with all new equipment, the only thing quirky is there are machines in the men's and women's room so one or the other of a M/F couple can do laundry or split it between two rooms but you can't check or change out the other room's machines. The pool was open but cool but the hot tub was excellent. A kid's water park (splash/shower type) is being built and a large permanent hot tub is planned. No picnic tables - BYO table if wanted. A narrow but long dog park is adequate with separate runs for large and small dogs. Staff was very friendly and helpful and will guide you to your site. Curbside garbage pickup. Beautiful common areas with playground and a deck overlooking a large pond. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $65.00

LOVE this place! Clean, new facilities, level concrete pads, close to everything in Galveston. We really enjoyed the activities like movies, cajun dinner, coffee and donuts. Everyone who works there was super friendly, and the kids loved the playground and pool; we really enjoyed the hot tub. We will be back when we return to Galveston! We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

premier

Beach across the street; try to make it to a few in-park activities

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $75.00

This is not a "Resort". Site was unlevel. Neighbors had junk "trailer, car parts, motorcycle motor" strewn about about their campsite. They also had some tacky light strings between our site and theirs, I guess to mark their "territory". Evidently, management is OK with that. Internet next to non existent. We would never consider stopping here again. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Obstacles
3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $20.00

Love this park. We stayed 3 months this year. Close to shopping and restaurants. Located across San Luis Pass from the Gulf so Gulf access is close. Great park for walking. Friendly staff. They have added weekend activities since last year's stay. Sorry, No Cable TV and the WiFi is not reliable. We requested a picnic table but were told we were on a long waiting list. They are trying to get them put together but that all takes time and manpower. We will return if coming to Galveston next year. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Request a back in on the east side if you are a bird watcher. Cranes, pelicans, and a variety of ducks. Our dogs lay in on the back of our sofa so they could look out the window and "bird" watch. Bring your own satellite and hot spot as it will be more reliable. They are aware of the problems but nothing seems to change. Enjoy your stay as the staff will go out of their way to help with any problems they can solve.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $45.00

We've stayed at Stella Mare for several months and love it! Everyone is so happy and friendly. There is lots for the kids to do and everything is new and clean. There's areas to relax and enjoy the view. My favorite spot of town because your close to town but out of the main tourist hub. Sites are so level and plenty of space. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Deluxe - back in

Beach access is across the street.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $45.00

1 year old resort west of 61st street & Seawall on wedt Island road. Concrete streets , grass, premium sites have picnic tables and more green space. Many full time residents. Upstairs office and rec/social room but there is a elevator. More development of water sports planned per brochure. Nice children's play ground and pool. All improvements first class. Lots of groc, gas, etc shopping on 61 st street and downtown historical and tourist area about a 15-20 minute ride. Office staff nice . Regular premium site rate was $50 per night but with Good Sams it was $45. No cable but many roof top antenna local channels. Great Direct Tv reception. I never could get WiFi to connect???? You are guided to site but roads are narrow so suggest disconnecting tow car first. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Postoffice Street is the artsy historical. Area for several blocks. The Strand is the t-shirt tourist area. Bluebonnet Cafe & Bakery best brunch spot on 14 th and The Original Mexican also on14 th family owned tradition. But the best intheentireateais Rudy & Pocos downtown with reservations.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

One of the nicest parks we have been . Nicest bath house ever. Long , level concrete pull thru. Rates based on weekly , premium spot. WiFi worked. No cable , used our sat. Good Verizon signal. Trash pickup at curb. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Many things to do. Go to Red Snapper Inn at Freeport, nice drive down the beach road.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $54.00

Still the nicest on the island. But: we stayed here when it first opened. You can tell there has been some sort of management change. Although the office staff has changed, the new staff is also nice: just lacking experience. It seemed like the original staff had it together. Bathrooms are still spotless at least until around 5PM. It doesn't seem like they get any attention after 5Pm.

The hosts are not as friendly as the original team and there are not as many. It was refreshing to see hosts out and about all the time back then. Last time we spoke with the GM and the AM. I guess they are gone. I mentioned this to a staff member and he said that the new managers preferred to stay behind the scenes. I guess so because I never once met them. Still a nice park, but disappointed in some of the changes. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $54.00

We were very impressed with the Stella Mare RV Resort. The park is very clean and well designed with the majority of spots dedicated as pull thru. Location is close enough to the fun stuff without being in the madness. Beach access is just across the street. When you first arrive, you are met at the front and escorted to your assigned site. The staff are very pleasant and helpful... ready to help or just provide advice on fun places to eat or visit while you are on the island. The pads are all concrete and level. Nice grass areas between sites. There is no shade at all due to the new palm trees planted and the area between sites could use just a little more room. The pool is very nice with a shallow (8") area with lounge chairs to keep you cool while catching some rays. Plenty of chairs and loungers on the deck surrounding the pool. No shade areas or umbrellas. The restrooms/showers were spotlessly cleaned with washers and dryers available. There are two password protected locked facilities on both sides of the park. There were plenty of activities on the Saturday night with live music and face painting & inflatable slide set up for the kids. We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

This is a new RV Resort and not yet discovered by the crowds. It was still fairly open while the other places in the area were packed. This resort is not yet completed but first class all the way. There are wide concrete roads and sites with some grass between the sites. We had reservations. Entering the resort, you stop at a stop-sign, a park worker comes to your coach, gets your name and escorts you to your site---without ever getting out of the coach!!!!!!! We camped at Stella Mare RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Stella Mare RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Stella Mare RV Resort ?