Shady Oaks RV Resort

Ganado, Texas

Recent Rate: $27 1/2014

Wegottabkrazy

It s OK for one night when driving down 59. It stated they had Internet but I could only pick it up if I sit in the passenger seat leaning towards the door. It was iffy then. There is noise from the highway, and a train went by four times, two in the middle of the night. The people running it were friendly and helpful. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

User3326

Excellent WIFI speed, sites are level under beautiful oaks. I got the impression it's recently been bought by the couple at the office and they've been trying to trim all the trees to accommodate all size rigs. We were checked in in 10 minutes and led directly to our requested pull through. The road is noisy and there is an occasional train, but we don't hear it inside our rig. I have no complaints and if not for the road noise I'd have given it a 10, but then again, being so near the main road means you don't have to follow a GPS to get there. Very clean place and we'd stay here again. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Road Princess

We pulled in here for one night. Paid cash so we got a $2 discount. Even though they are in the TACO (Texas Association of Campground Owners) they will not give the customary 10-15% discount with the TACO card. The gal at the office signed us in. She gave me the Wi-Fi code and led me to believe there was Wi-Fi in the park. She couldn't find her husband so she jumped in the golf cart and led us to a site. The site was the first on a line of hookups, one in front of the other, along the road. She extended her left arm and pointed with her left index finger and drove off. We figured she meant to do a U-turn and park next to the hookups facing the other way. Otherwise, we'd be in the road. We set up. There was no Wi-Fi and a trip to the office was to no avail as the office was closed. We were sitting down to dinner a hour later when she came by with her husband to tell us that we were facing the wrong way. The husband and my husband went around the rig to talk about it. The woman sat in the golf cart blowing cigarette smoke into my RV. When I told her that we were about to sit down to dinner, she said that she hadn't had her dinner due to unhappy campers. (no comment) The husband decided we were light enough to not damage their cables and pipes so we didn't have to unhook and move. When asked about the Wi-Fi, we were told that it might be available in the laundry but most parts of the park did not get it. Though the park was far from full, they put us in the site closest to the highway and under an extremely bright sodium light. The cable offering was rather sparse. I barely got a 3G Verizon Wireless signal. the signal bounced between 1X and 3G but was enough to tether my cell phone to the netbook. Perhaps they are kinder to large rigs at this park, but our 23' class C (no tow) was put in the worst possible space. I don't think we will return. The management appears clueless and the park seems to be mostly stationary. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

garzaprincess

First trailer park experience. We stayed for 6 months, and absolutely loved it! Restrooms, showers and laundry rooms were kept extremely clean. Campgrounds and sites were well maintained. Maintenance work and lawn mowing were done on regular basis. Train tracks across the hwy were an absolute pain, but after a while, we forgot they existed. $ was very reasonable, and electric usage as well. The ladies at the office were very nice and helpful. The guys were extremely helpful as well, whether it meant bringing back our filled propane tanks to the rig, or lending us tools to fix something. Aside from raccoons messing with our trash, we are going miss Shady Oaks RV Resort. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

smurfette

At first appearances the park is beautiful and for the one night stop over campers, this park is nice. For those who have to stay for weeks or even months: beware. The manager and spouse of the park are less than desireable! Extremely nosey, gossips about others in the park, husband batters wife in front of customers, turns off the Wi-Fi at random when campers the manager doesn't like are using the service. Owner is hardly ever around and does not answer his phone or return calls when complaints are made. Real shame. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

bbonnell

Yes, the owners are friendly, but the office is rarely open and you self-register. Sites are rather strange, you pull into a pull-through and then somebody else can pull in behind you. If that person has a toad, his pull-through is useless. Lots of noise from the highway and trains on the other side of the highway. No picnic tables. They claim to offer cable TV, but it is very limited: maybe 12 channels. Ok for a fast overnight in an area that has few campgrounds. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

palmersfour

This is an absolutely wonderful park. The people are friendly and the park is clean. The wild life is all over the park. The beautiful oaks are fabulous. If there had been internet and cable, I would have given this park a 10. We will definitely come back here. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

airstreamingypsy

I would have given this place a 9 except for one problem. The noise. At night I ran my a/c fan on high to drown out the trucks and trains. The people were so nice. The lady who checked me in was lovely and this morning a man, who works there, came over to see if he could help me hook up. I walked the dogs around and everyone was nice. We saw a herd of 15 little deer. The wi-fi worked, and I parked in overflow and got my satellite signal in just fine. I would definitely stay there again. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

NMC

This was a highlight of our vacation. For a small family campground, everyone was most friendly and helpful. When we woke in the morning we looked out our window to find a herd of deer grazing in the meadow across from our site. Very nice facility. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Jo Jo

This was our first stay pulling our new RV. We were in the area for the yearly chili cookoff and had to stay at this site because the nearby state park was full. The hosts were very friendly and made sure we had logs for our fire ring. We also didn't have a cable for the cable TV, and the park host loaned us one for the night. There were nice big oak trees and plenty of room at the sites. The only complaint I have was the highway noise at night, but earplugs did the trick. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Teacher's Pet

Several end to end sites, the coach in front has to leave before you can. TV Satellite wouldn't connect due to tree cover as our Datastorm wouldn't either. Cable end gone on post so I put new one on. Trees need trimmed lots of branches to dodge. Would stay again since one of few RV Parks in area and has quick access. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Wonderfully friendly owners/operators, large shaded sites, wildlife wandering through the
park, convenient to highway, nice store and gift shop. Camped here in winter of 2003, will return over and over again. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Shady Oaks RV Resort?