Oakdale Park

1019 NE Barnard St
Glen Rose, Texas 76043

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Oakdale Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $19.00

We stay here when in the area. Always a pleasant experience. Long level sites easy to maneuver and easy to find. Good WiFi and AT&T signal is strong. Easy to set up Dish. Across the street is another city park and a very nice river walk. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

State park at edge of town, wildlife park nearby, Oakdale park itself hosts several events and there is a large swimming pool on site. Also playground for the kids. Historic homes and downtown within blocks of the park. Several restaurants within 5 min or less. Twin golf courses within 2 miles.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $26.00

We have stayed there twice and plan to stay there again whenever we're in that area. Very nice campground and the employees were very nice and friendly. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

This is an older park but it is AWESOME!! The folks are helpful - going above and beyond - and there is shade and picnic tables and a doggy park and a huge pool and more!! Lots to do in this little town - we enjoyed the Big Cup Diner and the pies from the Pie Peddler are the best I have ever eaten and I'm an old gal - lol. Not too many folks there when we camped but I think they were "in between" events. The music events are very nice and well attended - make reservations early!! We will go back again and again. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $19.00

First time I've ever rated a campground, a full 10. This one, is a gem! The city recently took over the campground and it looks beautiful. Very big-rig friendly. Our site was open, but some do have shade. Large pool and playground. During the summer, the city hold concerts a few times a month (mostly bluegrass, I believe). Sites are level and spacing is decent. Picnic tables at the sites. Nice laundry room, $3.75 to wash and dry a load. Didn't use the WiFi as AT&T had strong service. We arrived during the office lunch hour, so we chose an empty spot and updated the office when she got back in; no problems. Less than 10 minutes from Dinosaur State Park. Across the street from the campground (you can walk over) is an area of the river, that the city controls with a dam; kids can play in the water and climb rocks. It's a wonderful area! Bonus to this campground, is at the time of our visit...they honored Passport America. We had a large, FHU, pull-thru site...for under $19! Even at full-price, it's a great place to stay. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Oakdale Park

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $32.00

This campground is owned by the city of Glen Rose. When we checked in, we were told to just pick any site we wanted. The first one we picked was very uneven and we were not able to get our rig level so we had to move to another site. We stayed 3 nights. We attended the Blue Grass Festival and some acts were better than others but it was a nice evening. The park is clean and they have added new pull through sites. The pool looked great and we wanted to swim but it wasn't open because it's January. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not much to do in Glen Rose in January. We tried to eat breakfast at Inn On The River but it was closed on a Saturday morning. We also tried to eat at Big Cup Eatery but the odor was terrible inside. We found only one restaurant that we liked and we loved it! It was LaVita Italian Restaurant. Other than that, you might as well drive in to Granbury which is only 16 miles away.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

We actually stayed a little over a month. The park is clean, staff very friendly and good location. Grocery store, shopping and good resterants very close. River righ across the street, with walking and fishing. We will be back. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dinosaur valley, fossil rim wildlife, city park, shopping

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $32.00

We pull a 43 ft fifth wheel with an F350. Entry into the park was easy. Staff are helpful. Fellow RVers are friendly. This is an historic site built in a oak tree forest with a huge beautiful pool. I bet this place is full and so much fun in the summer. Lanes within the park are wide enough and older macadam. Sites are nice & long for big rigs, and are gravel surrounded by grass and big trees. Site includes a picnic table. Utilities all worked well. AT&T Cell was weak. Verizon broadband worked well. Park WIFI was good. Very small fenced Dog towards the back. Nice play area for kids . In November there were no bugs. Can't wait to return to this great RV park for a much longer stay next time. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Just sit back, visit with your neighbors, swim, play volleyball, enjoy a music concert - all right in the park. Outside the park be sure to visit: Fossil Rim Wildlife Park Big Rocks Park - huge rocks in the river for scrambling Dinosaur World Museum Dinosaur Valley State Park - follow tracks in the river Paluxy River - nice paved walk & tubing Creation Evidence Museum

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $14.00

Easy maneuvering. Park and site clean. Check in staff very helpful . Previous occupant hadn't checked out if assigned site but staff quickly put me in another just as good. Very level all utilities worked great. Sites were very long and well spaced. They were adding 16 new ones. Just across street from a park and river. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

Stayed here while dodging Hurricane Harvey. VERY scenic drive from Waco. No problem with GPS- just follow it. Entrance/ Exit is one way- make sure they show you the exit by pool and how it loops to the main entrance. Week prior to Labor Day and the short term section was 30% full. Mostly full timers but did not seem to be local workers as there was no morning traffic rush out of the park. Campground is clean including showers. A large number of outbuildings including showers, restrooms, meeting rooms, lodges, shaded lean-toos. There were a few family reunions going on over the weekend which made the park to "swell" to maybe 40%. Since the hurricane caused shade/rain- the park handled the family reunions with ease using out buildings. You may catch a bluegrass show on a weekend. Some shaded lots- PECAN TREES! Come at the right time and... Sites are clean with gravel but sloping and some are uneven. Plenty of room length wise for my 29' TT. I think the back-ins at the top of the ridge would be good level lots. Good asphalt roads through out the park- wet season would not be a problem. Helpful staff, nice quaint town- could use a Walmart. Good picnic tables at every other lot? Did not use the laundry facilities (good one across the street). I see a sign for snack bar- mainly for pool users (seasonal)? NO CABLE, NO CABLE!. Power is not metered as far as I can tell. Nice set up, nice neighbors, nice town. One star off for lack of cable, site not level, and did not think it appropriate for twelve- fourteen year olds going to the shower at 1:00 a.m. (but they were quiet and respectful). Park accepts Passport America. I believe they will make the adjustment in cost as I leave so $25/ night may not be accurate since I will pay a weekly rate. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

This is a municipal park including the VERY large pool. Kids and parents at the pool a lot- but they came in from outside. Discount for using the pool- $3/ all day? Dinosaur park across the street looked promising- especially for dogs and kids- wade or walk in shallow water. Looked like a fun time for kids (all ages) and parents and pooches. Fishing also. Chinese restaurant off the town square- I think it would have been okay if I ordered the regular fair but the lemon chicken was pretty bad. Burger King, Family Dollar, and non-chain restaurants close.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

Oldest park in area. In good shape, considering its age. Could be cleaner, but we were up against a fence at the back of the park. Quite a few long-term residents. Wifi was constantly dropping even when parked near the signal. No cable that I could find. Public pool, so we set up as far as possible from it. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

On the plus side, Glen Rose is a really neat little town. Some antique shops and restaurants around. Nice square.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $30.00

Very nice clean park - sites are a little close but LOTS of trees and very clean restrooms and showers. All the hookups were easy to access and well maintained - park is very well maintained and near a city road but not much noise after dark. We were there at a time when there were about 60 open spots and park chose to put a family with noisy small children next to us (senior citizens) so we questioned that choice but it was OK . There are trash cans throughout the park but only one big trash bin near the entrance. Staff is friendly and helpful. We would go there again. By the way the site was VERY sloped. It was hard to get level. Glad we had wooden blocks. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

Wonderful gift shop across the road - Cheerful Heart. Amazing shop. Also there is a nice little town square and a pretty riverfront park across from the park.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $32.00

The very first time I stayed at this park was 1967 when I was in Girl Scouts and we stayed in one of the cabins. It was privately owned then. Over the past few years the city of Glen Rose purchased the historical park. I believe it open in the 1920's as a tourist camp. We had a gorgeous shaded site, #30. We will ask for this site again. It was close to or actually right next to the beautiful showers. The park has at least 3 shower locations, one is open to the public to be used for the pool. They have a huge pool, large community room, a store and the park is home to many music venues during the year. So there is a big open area and stage for music festivals. Lots of areas for kids to ride bikes play ball or what ever. There are quite a few small cabins that look like they would be fun to stay in. Within walking distance of the river, the Big Rock City Park and the quaint downtown area that has a wonderful abundance of eating places, antique stores and boutiques. We walked to town two times to eat and shop. And the historical court house. Be sure you visit downtown Glen Rose and eat at The Green Pickle, one of the best burgers around good breakfast too. My favorite place to eat when we visit is the most adorable restaurant and combonation bookstore it's called The Storibook. It has wonderful sandwiches, soups and desserts. It is actually a bookstore turned restaurant so lots of book to browse through. Wonderful area for kids to play while you eat. And if your still in mood for dessert, or better yet pie stop by The Pie Peddler downtown square and have a slice of pie. Pie is their speciality pie, pie, pie any kind you might want. There is also an Italian restaurant downtown and you can find Mexican and BBQ out on Hwy 67. Glen Rose is a gem of a town.One of my favorite Texas towns. Can't wait to visit it again. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

Site was pretty level and had a tree, so it helped with keeping the RV cool. Had a swimming pool that closed at 3:00 p.m. but opened the next morning at 9:00 a.m. along with loud music. Roads were a little confusing coming in. We ended going the wrong way but it was pretty empty, so it wasn't an issue. No picnic table and sites were pretty close together but we were here for just over night. Some road noise during the night. People at the office were nice. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Motorhome.

Very close to town and to the state park where we went for a hike and to view the dinosaur tracks.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $13.00

Gorgeous park with great facilities. Bathrooms are spacious and clean. Sites are spacious and pull-through. Management and staff were courteous. Great location for seeing some small town Texas. Pool is awesome. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $16.00

Very nice park run by city. Long level sites. Easy check in. Best value in town. We camped at Oakdale Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Quaint shopping downtown. Good golf course. State park. Nice river front across street

Featured Campgrounds Near Oakdale Park

Are you affiliated with Oakdale Park ?