Tres Rios River Ranch

Recent Rate: $10 5/2016

• Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $10.00

We have stayed at Tres Rios 3 x's this year. And have loved every stay. The front campsites are for public month leases, the middle and back sites are for members if the ocean canyon properties. They allow Coast 2 Coast members to stay twice a year. Lots has been written in the reviews about their amenities, so I won't expound on that. Is a comfortable and homey resort. We love the beauty there and walking paths, nice people, nice laundry, playground, etc. We would stay there again but have met our limit for the year. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Spacious, Nearby

They have a concrete bathhouse Incase of tornado warnings, we had to hang out in there a few times with our little ones

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $1.00

Beautiful park with many lovely stone structures in a gorgeous setting on the bluff that overlooks the merge of three rivers (Brazos, Paluxy and Squaw Creek). There is direct access to the river and fishing, boating/tubing/rafting. Miles of walking and biking trails, a swimming pool, rec hall with pool tables, TV area, kitchen and card games, and five washers and dryers ($1.25) in the laundry room. Playgrounds and a children's rec hall with activities, even in the winter. There is a beautiful dining room/ restaurant that could handle 300 plus for a private function. (Except for private functions, the restaurant is only open in the summer time.) They have large and small cabins for family reunions and weddings.
Roads are paved. Sites are level grass/dirt and were in perfect condition when we were there, but my husband prefers gravel or concrete for when it rains. Most sites are spacious, have a picnic table and at least one mature pine or pecan tree that is very tall (not a lot of ground shade.) No cable but Wi-Fi signal is strong.
This is a gated, private membership park (with some affiliation with Coast -to-Coast Resorts) that does allow some non-members when space allows. We received our invitation with our purchase of a motorhome and really enjoyed our visit. Our saleslady, Janna, was charming and efficient, gave us a wonderful tour, and answered all our questions. We did not purchase a membership because we are not full-timers and spend most of our RV time in the parts of New England and Canada where there are no member resorts. (They do have resorts in Canada and New England - just not where we have friends or relatives.) We met folks who were members and full time RVers who rotate thru the member parks, save money and schedule their favorite sites (and seasonal activities) months in advance. They mentioned they love the staff and activities at the different resorts. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Do NOT miss nearby Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, an internationally accredited sanctuary for more than a dozen species that are extinct or nearly extinct in the wild. Call ahead to get the behind the scenes tour, stay overnight in one of the Safari tents or allow at least 2 ½ hours to ride thru the park. Zebras and giraffe come up to your vehicle to be fed. There IS horseback riding and golf nearby - but, really, when is the last time your kids got to feed a giraffe or be charged by a cheetah?

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $1.00

Clean, quiet, large, grassed pull thru spaces. I was able to park my 40' Class A with an 18' trailer attached in space and still had room in the front to park a vehicle. Picnic table, gravel-packed roads, well-maintained. I observed maintenance crews out weeding campsites. Laundry available with a workout room. Large game room with pool tables, kitchen area, bathroom and TV area with restriction to 18 years and older. Office staff are very friendly and efficient during check in. I stayed under Coast-to-Coast affiliation so can't speak to per night rates for public camping.

Close access to local amenities and Ft. Worth or Dallas.

I would stay here again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Space 42

Granbury, Dinosaur State Park, Big Rocks Park and Fossil Rim Wildlife Center all must see venues.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $10.00

We read a lot of negative reviews about this resort but noticed that most of them were concerning membership. So we decided to give it a try since we weren't interested in that aspect. There are a lot of permanent campers here. We ended up loving our experience here and would stay again. We didn't have time to explore all of their buildings. We did use their bathrooms and showers- both were in desperate need of updating. (So old you couldn't tell if they were actually clean.) All hookups worked well at our site. We loved the quaint towns of Glen Rose and Granbury nearby. Tres Rios has great horse shoe pits & tetherball. Our favorite thing was the beautiful walking path by the river. Kind and helpful staff. And friendly campers. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $1.00

I received a ten day free stay at this resort when I purchased my trailer. When I tried to redeem it, I found you have to first accept a three day stay attached to a sales presentation. I was annoyed at this deception, but 13 days free is thirteen days free.
The park is nice enough, but not quite up to the standards of other coast to coast premier parks I have visited. It is a very old resort, and a little worn, but you can see they put a lot of effort into trying to make it look nice. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, except for one of the sales people. The sites are grass with little shade. They are very level, and the spaces are not super wide, but not crowded together either. It was easy to park and to drive through the park. The sewer connection at my site was partly broken off - I didn't have any trouble, but it was reflective of little things here and there throughout the park that were not quite up to par.

There is a strong wifi signal throughout the park. It's somewhat slow, but not bad for park wifi, except on the weekends when the place filled up. Then the wifi slowed to unusable. The Verizon signal was very strong.
For being as far out of Dallas as this park was, I expected it to be a little quieter. The traffic noise from Hwy 67 is relentless - not real loud, it just never goes away, and if you like to sleep with open windows, you will hear it all night.

The sales presentation was conducted by a very friendly, professional woman. But back in the office, she brought over her boss to go over the offers. He was rude, aggressive and annoying. When I tried to ask questions, he would start shouting at me. He wrote down a bunch of figures that, as I looked over them later when he wasn't shouting at me, I discovered were complete fabrications. Finally, I reviewed the contract very carefully, and he made several representations that were not reflected in the contracts. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $1.00

Close to my home, was looking for a place to get to know set-up and meet people who know a lot about rv'ing. When I set up my stay, in person, I was speaking to a very nice woman, she gave me the pass code and I drove around the park, which is huge.

I had guests come in and went to cancel my stay and was almost greeted by another woman at the desk. We never made eye contact but she was so rude I just turned and left. I will not be thinking of this adventure again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

NA

Other places to stay that are friendly and are not membership driven.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $20.00

Located in historic Glen Rose, it is a part of the Ocean Canyon Properties resort system. They have many pull through and back in sites & can access big rigs along with tents. They do not have full time residents. The restrooms are old but clean. They have 30amp and 50amp sites, and all are full hookups. They have wifi, but no cable.

There is a swimming pool, concert and blue grass music hall, horseshoes, playground, and a wonderful walking trail along the river. There are three rivers that come together - the Brazos, Paluxy, and Squaw Creek, and a walking trail follows the Brazos and Squaw Creek. I love the walk along the river - that is my daily walk both morning and evening, and I let the dogs loose to play in the creek.

They also have a recreation hall with pool tables, TV watching area, small kitchen. and card games. There is a children's rec hall with daily activities.

The sites are level and in good condition. The roads are all paved and in good condition. I would give this park an excellent and encourage you to stay there. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Besides going to historic Glen Rose, there is also the Fossil Rim Wildlife Refuge, Dinosaur Valley State Park, The Promise at the Amphitheater, Creation Evidence Museum, Horseback Riding, Expo Center, Comanche Peak, Squaw Valley Golf Course, Happy Hill Farm. Up Hwy 144 is the city of Granbury where there are all the stores you need for shopping and dining. Glen Rose also has come good restaurants in it.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $30.00

Okay place with level grass sites. Very little shade. Wi-Fi works well. Gated. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $1.00

Price reflects C2C membership rate. This campground is very nice. We were greeted by a very friendly woman and escorted to our site. The sites are very level and large; also sites are grass. Big rig friendly. There were trees throughout the campground. Even though we were here during the "off season", there were daily planned activities. There is a restaurant on site, laundry room, game rooms, pool and access directly to the rivers. Great Verizon phone reception. Wi-Fi was not strong. Security gate to get in and out of campground. We will definitely visit again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $20.00

My wife and I were asked to spend the weekend at this facility while also evaluating it. We were given a slightly shaded site near the kids room. We were required to attend a "sales presentation" on Saturday morning. Before that, we walked the park and thought it was nice, but needed several areas remodeled due to various reasons (ie., rotten wood on cabins, muddy sites, no paved sites, etc.). We thought the park was a nice "old fashioned" type campground. The restrooms were not clean. In fact, while there I entered the Men's Restroom to discover a handicapped gentleman trying to get in a stall, but could not due to not having the required width. Moving forward, we attended the 10am Sales Presentation. We were given a riding tour of the facility by a nice lady. She was new it seemed. Upon return, she was scolded by her boss for running over by 10 min on the ride. Later, we were told that we would need to write a check for approx. $16k. We did not see nor believe this!! We decided to withdraw and then the "boss" came over and preceded to offer us a fee of $5k for 1 year. We departed after being insulted....never would return to this park. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $10.00

What a beautiful park. This park would be an awesome oasis in a beautiful setting “if” not for their required sales pitch. This is a “members only” park; however they do have a number of permanent residents. Sales “pitch” took 3.5 hours; they wanted $13,000 for their 8 parks and Coast to Coast membership. Quoting “free” camping as their benefit, however Coast to Coast does not offer free camping with any of its memberships. We explained from the beginning we were Coast to Coast already and it still took 3.5 hours and they dropped their asking price to $5,520. The sites are fairly level, and spacious. Most of the buildings have been renovated or are in the process of being renovated. This park was originally a YMCA camp in the early 1900’s. Staff was friendly and helpful. As we were there for Halloween “weekend” there were an abundance of activities. Fishing isn’t half bad, although actually getting to the river is “rough”, not handicap accessible by any means. Bathrooms were dirty even though someone signed off saying they had cleaned them. Showers were pleasant, after we cleaned the stall. They do have a swimming pool, although it was locked during our stay. No hot tub. Laundry facilities are in a newer building and well maintained; $1.25 for washer or dryer. Wonderful free Wi-Fi; good clear cell phone service; no cable however good antenna television. We did have an issue with electric; hubby finally had to help resolve a few major problems at the main breaker box. Water pressure was extremely low, and none existent at times. The “old” camp area has beautiful mature trees, some dropping “huge” acorns, others dropping “yummy” pecans. Would recommend this beautiful park, only if you are already a member of Coast to Coast, ROD, or AOR; otherwise avoid this park and their sales pitch. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $3.00

Nice RV park. We spent a week here under ROD, so we paid $3/day for 50amp service. No problems with hook-ups, & staff is friendly. Rooftop satellite dish worked fine. Sprint cell phone was in roaming all the time but worked fine. The Sprint hot spot, being in roaming, worked slowly. Good laundry facility with 5 washers & dryers, $1.25 each. Only a couple miles from downtown. Green Pickle has great burgers. Grounds are very well kept with large grass sties, and gravel roads. Nice trail along the rivers & creek. Outdoor pool not yet open. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $60.00

BEWARE!!! We were given 2-3 free nights as a promo for Ocean Canyon pitch. It is a big camp in a lovely setting but the showers had no lights and the bathrooms were very basic for a "resort" but the biggest thing is their pitch. Check out "Ocean Canyon Properties" on the internet before you go, they have an F rating from Better Business and there is no "buyers regret" refund in Texas if you change your mind. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $20.00

Rate reflects guest rate. This campground hasn't improved over the past 2 years since our last visit. Our grassy site was roomy and easy to get into however it was full of sticker burrs and was literally underwater after heavy rains over Saturday night. The site turned into a mud pit. The staff is friendly and helpful however the Wi-Fi at no time worked and there absolutely is no cable TV for the RV sites. Kitchen facilities needed a good cleaning as did the restrooms that I saw. The grounds are in a park-like setting and there is a nice walking trail. Excellent place to go unwind from city stresses if you know what you are getting in to. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $1.00

We visited this resort because of a Camping World invitation to listen to a 90 minute sales pitch, double that unless you sign-up. The sites are level and a few with shade. The Wi-Fi is slow and you have to disable Explorer protection to get it to work. The sewer connections are poorly installed where you have to try and make stuff flow uphill. You can tell people have had problems because of spills. Some sites had power issues and we experienced low voltage. The office staff was friendly as were fellow RV'ers. We would not stay here again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Midway Pines RV Park

Granbury, Texas

East View RV Ranch

Georgetown, Texas

South Forty RV Park

Giddings, Texas

San Gabriel RV Park

Georgetown, Texas

Are you affiliated with Tres Rios River Ranch?