Tres Rios River Ranch

2322 Co Rd 312
Glen Rose, Texas 76043

Elevation: 607' (approximate)
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $32.00

Wide roadways, easy access to the rivers. Grass was cut, escorts waves everytime they passed. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Historic Glen Rose downtown.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $10.00

This is my second time staying at Tres Rios. They are affiliated with Coast to Coast. Office staff is super friendly and helpful. You can receive mail there. Pool was open this time. Last time we camped here, it was in the middle of spring, so the pool was still closed. Wide interior roadways. Easy access to camp sites. My pull thru was grassed, more than long enough for my 40' RV with 18' car hauler trailer still attached and room for my vehicle to park in front. I rated a 9 only because the bathrooms could use a refresh. One shower in men's bathroom, the cold water knob did not function; only spun on the handle. I used the other shower. Park is a mix of long term residents in one area and campers in a different section. Camp site is spacious with picnic table, FHU and 30A/50A service close by. No cable but open skies for satellite users and OTA antennas. Lots of hosted activities for young children and teens. Restaurant on site but we did not use this trip. I would stay here again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Be sure to visit Big Rocks and Dinosaur Park.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

The park was nice and laid out. It was clean but the dumpsters seemed always full or overfilled. I feel like $50 per night was a bit steep, had it been $35 0r $40 I would have rated the value per night higher. The grounds were beautiful and well manicured. The pool was nice and cool but didn't really have a shallow end for our 3 year old to play in. The creek nearby was pretty but had trash scattered about in a few places. Personnel were very friendly. Wifi was good but you could only run 2 devices at a time due to their limits or pay for more. It was very hot and we requested a shaded spot but the one we got was open from 2pm-8pm so that didn't help much in the Texas sun though there were many other options but that's what the park owners gave us. Looked to be about 50% capacity that weekend we stayed. Pads were regular dirt. No gravel or concrete but were fairly level and no real concern but it was dry too. A little rain may have changed the rating some as it would have made for a very muddy site. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

JBu

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $10.00

Our campsite was grass and it was level and clean. The check in was quick and we were escorted to our site. Shower facilities were not adequate and aged. Close to Glen Rose, Granbury is 15 miles away. We would stay here again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $15.00

We stayed 10 days here. Full hookups but no cable TV. WiFi free but we didn't use it this stay. Weekdays and nights very quiet however the weekend we were there there were many families with children who were noisy and didn't observe the quiet time. I was awakened at 7:15 on Saturday with kids screaming and yelling and dogs barking. No phone number to call for security, you have to walk way up to the office and push a button to get anyone. However, after I complained to management Saturday, Sunday morning was quieter but I was very happy to see the loud families leave that day! They have a church service Sunday mornings in the park courtesy of the local Cowboy Church. I always attend Sunday Services at 10 am at that church.

This park has many grass stickers in it this time of year, they stick to EVERYTHING and our dog gets them in her paws if we don't carry her (50+ lbs!) over the patches of burrs while walking her.

The rivers surrounding the park are beautiful and the park tried to keep the habitat as natural as possible. As I said, weekdays and nights are very quiet as a rule and we appreciate that. They have a restaurant in the historical lodge that is open on weekends only. There are separate buildings for organized activities for children and adults and children are supervised at all times. Also, we appreciate that the park is gated and does not allow motorcycles in except to go directly to and from their sites. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

If you are there when "The Promise" is playing in town, be sure to see it. For breakfast and lunch try the Koffee Kup cafe, for lunch try "The Green Pickle" but get there early as parking and seating are limited.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $25.00

The wifi is terrible.We are members of this park and can't use the wifi at all. They kept saying it was the pass code. We had two different ones and neither worked. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $10.00

We have stayed at Tres Rios 3 x's this year. And have loved every stay. The front campsites are for public month leases, the middle and back sites are for members if the ocean canyon properties. They allow Coast 2 Coast members to stay twice a year. Lots has been written in the reviews about their amenities, so I won't expound on that. Is a comfortable and homey resort. We love the beauty there and walking paths, nice people, nice laundry, playground, etc. We would stay there again but have met our limit for the year. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Spacious, Nearby

They have a concrete bathhouse Incase of tornado warnings, we had to hang out in there a few times with our little ones

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

We stayed at this park many months. Grass sites, perhaps with a patch of open dirt underneath. Full hookups at all sites. Former YWCA camp with a long history and a lot of interesting facilities. Has an adult lodge and a kids lodge. Staff is very nice and helpful. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Main section

Dinosaur Valley State Park is the prime attraction, obviously. There's a nice park by the river. The park rents tubes that can be used to float on the Brazos river, which encircles the park.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $1.00

Beautiful park with many lovely stone structures in a gorgeous setting on the bluff that overlooks the merge of three rivers (Brazos, Paluxy and Squaw Creek). There is direct access to the river and fishing, boating/tubing/rafting. Miles of walking and biking trails, a swimming pool, rec hall with pool tables, TV area, kitchen and card games, and five washers and dryers ($1.25) in the laundry room. Playgrounds and a children's rec hall with activities, even in the winter. There is a beautiful dining room/ restaurant that could handle 300 plus for a private function. (Except for private functions, the restaurant is only open in the summer time.) They have large and small cabins for family reunions and weddings.
Roads are paved. Sites are level grass/dirt and were in perfect condition when we were there, but my husband prefers gravel or concrete for when it rains. Most sites are spacious, have a picnic table and at least one mature pine or pecan tree that is very tall (not a lot of ground shade.) No cable but Wi-Fi signal is strong.
This is a gated, private membership park (with some affiliation with Coast -to-Coast Resorts) that does allow some non-members when space allows. We received our invitation with our purchase of a motorhome and really enjoyed our visit. Our saleslady, Janna, was charming and efficient, gave us a wonderful tour, and answered all our questions. We did not purchase a membership because we are not full-timers and spend most of our RV time in the parts of New England and Canada where there are no member resorts. (They do have resorts in Canada and New England - just not where we have friends or relatives.) We met folks who were members and full time RVers who rotate thru the member parks, save money and schedule their favorite sites (and seasonal activities) months in advance. They mentioned they love the staff and activities at the different resorts. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Do NOT miss nearby Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, an internationally accredited sanctuary for more than a dozen species that are extinct or nearly extinct in the wild. Call ahead to get the behind the scenes tour, stay overnight in one of the Safari tents or allow at least 2 ½ hours to ride thru the park. Zebras and giraffe come up to your vehicle to be fed. There IS horseback riding and golf nearby - but, really, when is the last time your kids got to feed a giraffe or be charged by a cheetah?

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $1.00

Clean, quiet, large, grassed pull thru spaces. I was able to park my 40' Class A with an 18' trailer attached in space and still had room in the front to park a vehicle. Picnic table, gravel-packed roads, well-maintained. I observed maintenance crews out weeding campsites. Laundry available with a workout room. Large game room with pool tables, kitchen area, bathroom and TV area with restriction to 18 years and older. Office staff are very friendly and efficient during check in. I stayed under Coast-to-Coast affiliation so can't speak to per night rates for public camping.

Close access to local amenities and Ft. Worth or Dallas.

I would stay here again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Space 42

Granbury, Dinosaur State Park, Big Rocks Park and Fossil Rim Wildlife Center all must see venues.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $10.00

We read a lot of negative reviews about this resort but noticed that most of them were concerning membership. So we decided to give it a try since we weren't interested in that aspect. There are a lot of permanent campers here. We ended up loving our experience here and would stay again. We didn't have time to explore all of their buildings. We did use their bathrooms and showers- both were in desperate need of updating. (So old you couldn't tell if they were actually clean.) All hookups worked well at our site. We loved the quaint towns of Glen Rose and Granbury nearby. Tres Rios has great horse shoe pits & tetherball. Our favorite thing was the beautiful walking path by the river. Kind and helpful staff. And friendly campers. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $1.00

I received a ten day free stay at this resort when I purchased my trailer. When I tried to redeem it, I found you have to first accept a three day stay attached to a sales presentation. I was annoyed at this deception, but 13 days free is thirteen days free.
The park is nice enough, but not quite up to the standards of other coast to coast premier parks I have visited. It is a very old resort, and a little worn, but you can see they put a lot of effort into trying to make it look nice. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, except for one of the sales people. The sites are grass with little shade. They are very level, and the spaces are not super wide, but not crowded together either. It was easy to park and to drive through the park. The sewer connection at my site was partly broken off - I didn't have any trouble, but it was reflective of little things here and there throughout the park that were not quite up to par.

There is a strong wifi signal throughout the park. It's somewhat slow, but not bad for park wifi, except on the weekends when the place filled up. Then the wifi slowed to unusable. The Verizon signal was very strong.
For being as far out of Dallas as this park was, I expected it to be a little quieter. The traffic noise from Hwy 67 is relentless - not real loud, it just never goes away, and if you like to sleep with open windows, you will hear it all night.

The sales presentation was conducted by a very friendly, professional woman. But back in the office, she brought over her boss to go over the offers. He was rude, aggressive and annoying. When I tried to ask questions, he would start shouting at me. He wrote down a bunch of figures that, as I looked over them later when he wasn't shouting at me, I discovered were complete fabrications. Finally, I reviewed the contract very carefully, and he made several representations that were not reflected in the contracts. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $1.00

Close to my home, was looking for a place to get to know set-up and meet people who know a lot about rv'ing. When I set up my stay, in person, I was speaking to a very nice woman, she gave me the pass code and I drove around the park, which is huge.

I had guests come in and went to cancel my stay and was almost greeted by another woman at the desk. We never made eye contact but she was so rude I just turned and left. I will not be thinking of this adventure again. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

NA

Other places to stay that are friendly and are not membership driven.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $20.00

Located in historic Glen Rose, it is a part of the Ocean Canyon Properties resort system. They have many pull through and back in sites & can access big rigs along with tents. They do not have full time residents. The restrooms are old but clean. They have 30amp and 50amp sites, and all are full hookups. They have wifi, but no cable.

There is a swimming pool, concert and blue grass music hall, horseshoes, playground, and a wonderful walking trail along the river. There are three rivers that come together - the Brazos, Paluxy, and Squaw Creek, and a walking trail follows the Brazos and Squaw Creek. I love the walk along the river - that is my daily walk both morning and evening, and I let the dogs loose to play in the creek.

They also have a recreation hall with pool tables, TV watching area, small kitchen. and card games. There is a children's rec hall with daily activities.

The sites are level and in good condition. The roads are all paved and in good condition. I would give this park an excellent and encourage you to stay there. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Besides going to historic Glen Rose, there is also the Fossil Rim Wildlife Refuge, Dinosaur Valley State Park, The Promise at the Amphitheater, Creation Evidence Museum, Horseback Riding, Expo Center, Comanche Peak, Squaw Valley Golf Course, Happy Hill Farm. Up Hwy 144 is the city of Granbury where there are all the stores you need for shopping and dining. Glen Rose also has come good restaurants in it.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $30.00

Okay place with level grass sites. Very little shade. Wi-Fi works well. Gated. We camped at Tres Rios River Ranch in a Motorhome.

Dinosaur Valley State Park

Oakdale Park

Midway Pines RV Park

Granbury, Texas

Are you affiliated with Tres Rios River Ranch ?