Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park

Recent Rate: $30 2/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

Twilight

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $30.00

Location of this park is terrific, easy access to Dallas and the gentleman that checked us in was very polite. However, the filthy bathrooms ruined our visit. Smoky with cigarette butts in the sinks and ashtrays in toilet stalls. Showers had no hooks or bench, forcing us to dress right out in the bathroom. Cold & hot water faucets were switched around. Pull through sites had just enough room for RV, but trees needed trimming to allow for easier access. A vehicle parked by the bathroom made driving out of our site difficult. We would Not recommend this park. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Green Monster

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $23.00

We stayed in the park for 2 and a half weeks. At first it was ok, however as the week passed, the night manager became rude and intolerable. The rules state that quiet time is 9pm to 8am. The night manager (who was usually intoxicated) would be yelling across the park or talking extremely loud knowing that people had to be up early the next morning for work. He also stuck his neighbor's water hose down his toilet to clean out his black water tank. Most of the people in the park are locals. The managers, Joe and Shari are very kind are doing the best they can. It's too bad their help lacks in customer service. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Motorhome.

7 on the road

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $20.00

I personally would not recommend this park to anybody. While there isn't too many in the area to choose from, do so. We stayed here one night while passing through DFW area, and will not stay here again. The sites need a lot of cleaning and work. The vast majority of the sites are long termers, and some very long term. The neighborhood did not make us comfortable and locals were milling around the park. The staff seemed friendly enough but easy to tell where their allegiance lies (with long termers). It seemed we were more of an inconvenience than a customer. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Motorhome.

Bri & Max

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $23.00

Felt very uncomfortable here. Park is filled with permanents, some living in squalor. The park speed is 10 MPH but vehicles zip past the short term sites at easily twice the speed. Note, the short term sites are right up front on row "A" and it's a busy little spot with most of the 100 or so other campers driving to and from work. Seriously, you have to wonder when while checking in the person behind the counter feels it's important to tell you, "The police station is just up the road and they drive through here all the time." If you want to blow your inverter this would be the park to do it in. The household type 50 amp box was 3 inches off the ground with the door swinging up toward you blocking your view. I had to get on my knees and lower my head to see what I was doing. The first site we checked had a broken 50 amp socket, probably caused by the difficult access. But the real issue here is that there are no circuit breakers, the plug is hot. Beware! Couldn't wait to leave, would never go back. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Motorhome.

capemaal

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $25.00

We stayed a year one night. That pretty much sums it up. Manager was nice. Went into his office to register. Honestly, I don't know how he found anything in there. Very old park, poorly maintained, if it is maintained. Dogs run loose, residents loiter. Many, many old RV's. Mostly permanents. Internet is a paid service, although you get the first 24 hours free. That was the best part of this campground. I would never stay here again. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Fifth Wheel.

AFChap

Date of Stay: March, 2007 - $10.00

Our nightly rate of $10 was from a monthly charge of $275. Metered electric was in addition to that. This is an old park with many run-down RVs and lots of clutter, junked cars, etc. Many RVs have long expired license plates. Several have tarps tied over the roofs. The park has all the right rules, but with no apparent enforcement of any of those rules. We had to request our sewer connection be cleared twice when we could not dump due to stopped up lines. They were pretty prompt in responding, but our sewer connector pipe was badly broken just below ground level, and again further down. Our 50a power connection was new. 26 of the listed 120 sites are mobile homes sites in a nicely manicured area in the rear of the RV area. Park management and residents were quite friendly. Surrounding area roads are in bad repair. We saw road construction warning signs, but no hint of any road work going on! We spent a very peaceful month in the park. With some attention to repair of the sewer system and to enforcing existing rules against abandoned cars and clutter, this could be a pretty decent location. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Motorhome.

PurdueAlumni

Date of Stay: June, 2006 - $18.00

Beware!! I live in the area. This campground should actually be listed as a mobile home park. Is inhabitated by full-timers living in RVs. "10" ratings must surely have been posted by management of the park. A safer bet if you're traveling through the area is the campground in Waxahachie. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

This was the most friendliest park. Management went above and beyond the call of duty to
make me feel welcome. They have beautiful shade trees, very clean spaces, restrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. We just had a wonderful stay while
we were there. I would rate Hi Ho RV Park as a 5 *****star Park. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

Great improvement at this park. Since our last stop at this park there has been a dramatic improvement in the camp sites. The sites have always been well shaded now they are also paved and level. This park is being quickly updated. The park staff was very helpful and friendly. Wow! What a difference. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

Management rude, access to highway is bad, they should have paid me to stay
there! We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This park was a mess. There is trash everywere. I saw I don't know how many kids just playing all over the place unattanded. I checked in on a Wednesday afternoon. The lady was very rude, she acted as if she realy didn't care if I stayed. Not only that I could smell alcohol I don't know if it was comming from her or the older man that was in there with her. I was so tired I went ahead and stayed one night. Never again though. And I definitely won't be telling anyone about it. I wish they had given me a flyer to fill out like some of the parks do but that's okay this will do. I can't see how this place has stayed open so long. I went to wash my clothes and the change machine was messed up it gave me 75 cents then a dollor and a quarter. The coke machines were put in between someone's vehicle and a wall. I could go on and on and I was only there a day. I could just think of what I would see over a month or so. Oh and I don't know who owns this place but you definitely need to check into you management, the lady didn't give me a receipt, then when I noticed it I went back to get it and she didn't want to write me one. Bad, bad place much needed improvement. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

Older park, very run down. Hard to even get a space here. Its the only park on the south side of Dallas. A long ways from the freeway and unfriendly desk staff. We camped at Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park in a camper.

Tres Rios River Ranch

Glen Rose, Texas

Plantation Place RV Park

Sunnyvale, Texas

The Vineyards

Grapevine, Texas

Are you affiliated with Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park?