Angels in Goliad RV Park

Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no

Ask fellow campers about "Angels in Goliad RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $20.00

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The park is well maintained and clean. There were a couple of RVs in the park that I was surprised to see given the parks stated rules but it did not impact on my overall impression of the park. The owner and/or manager was very pleasant to deal with over the phone, he told us to pick a site and get set up before calling him to register. The Wi-Fi has a strong signal and seems speedy enough. The cable has a fair amount of choices with good picture quality. I wish the park would have provided a guide to the cable channels, but that is a small point I suppose. In addition to Passport America the park also offers discounts to Military (past & present) although I am not sure of the rate. I would certainly stay here again when traveling through the area. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This is an area smack in the middle of the history of the Texas Revolution. Take time to visit Goliad State Park/Mission Espiritu Santo State Historic Site and the Presidio La Bahia for the history of the area. Visit the Hanging Tree for the interest.

RememberGoliad, owner at Angels in Goliad RV Park responded to this review

Hi Chalkie. Thanks taking to time to write a review, especially a good one like this! :) And producing a channel guide is on the agenda for next week. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing Angels in Goliad RV Park.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $15.00

We stayed 10 nights in a class A motorhome. We never saw the owner/manager. He called me when we were nearly here and told us our space number and said we could settle up later. Later he called me and took down my credit card info, gave me the wifi code and said for us to call if we needed anything. We needed nothing, cable and wifi great, quiet atmosphere, no trashy neighbors. He did tell us that the PA rate will be $20 next time, which is fine, not overpriced. We were in space 33, no trees but we were happy with that, clean motorhome and we didn't want tree sap on the rooftop. Space was level. We will definitely camp here again. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

RememberGoliad, owner at Angels in Goliad RV Park responded to this review

Hi Wade Family! Thank you very much for the kind words. Sorry we did not end up crossing paths during your time here in Goliad. I'm sure glad to hear y'all had a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for choosing Angels in Goliad RV Park.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $15.00

Easy in and out with my 42' 5th wheel. Nice to see a young, motivated owner/manager. Owner said the PA fee has gone up to $20.00 a night but he would honor the $15.00 rate. There were about 20 campers in the park. There were a couple old trailers, but the rest were nice. No junk or clutter. There were some workers living there. Great value for price. Went to Presidio, was interesting. We would stay here again. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RememberGoliad, owner at Angels in Goliad RV Park responded to this review

Hi MountainFolk! Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I really appreciated the feedback you provided me during your stay as well. We work hard to make sure our guests have enjoyable stay and we are always looking for ways to improve upon that. We look forward to hosting you again one of these days. Thanks again for choosing Angels in Goliad RV Park!

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $15.00

Though this place is without a lot of frills, our stay was excellent. The customer service was supurb, as was the cable tv and wifi. Would absolutely stay again. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Angels in Goliad RV Park

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $15.00

Very basic park but it is right off 59, the sites are spacious and level and utilities are easy to access. Wifi works well enough. There are two routers and I had to jump from one to the other at times to stay connected. My only complaint is that the ground outside my unit was covered in stickers which meant I had to carry my dog to the interior road to walk him--but I guess stickers are to be expected in this part of the country. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

Charming historic downtown and many other historic sites nearby. If you need to get anything but the basics, will need to drive the 25 miles to Victoria.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $15.00

The RV Park has excellent wifi, cable tv with premium channels---the shady spots were all taken. But, 2 out of 3 ain't bad at all! We like this park and keep extending our stay. Lights, water, sewer all included. No swimming pool, no rec hall, no showers or bathrooms..but we're in a self contained Airstream so not a problem. Would we stay here again? Yes. They have pull thru and back in sites. We chose a back in to be close to the wifi tower. Good wifi, sites were gravel and level, we needed no blocking. Pretty nice park with friendly owners. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

About two miles south of town is Goliad State Park. Across the street from the state park is a monument to the 400 Texicans who were massacred in 1836 during the war for Texas Independence. The Angel of Goliad was a Mexican woman who risked her life saving about 80 Texicans from sure death. Quite inspiring. Dollar General, Grocery Store, What a Burger (24/7) and some local restaurants in town, 25 miles to Victoria

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $27.00

nice park for overnight. level gravel pads with good spacing. will stay again when in the area. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $15.00

We stayed overnight. The park was clean with wide and long gravel sites. The host was friendly and came out and chatted while we were making ready to go. I would consider this park for an extended stay.

Lot spacing was spacious with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was gravel. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Goliad is a historical city with a Presidio (old Spanish fort with a church). James Fannin and his troops were massacred in Goliad during the war for Texas Independence. This event hardened the resolve of the Texans to break from Mexico.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $15.00

This is a nice little park in Goliad, approx. half way from Donna-Houston. We stayed 4 nights and had a delightful time. The park sites are gravel but we had no trouble leveling as the park is on fairly flat ground. We stayed near the office, wifi worked very well, minimal traffic noise but it is right as you leave town on 59, so some traffic noise is expected. Electric and full hook ups worked perfectly without any issues. Cable was a bit fuzzy, but not a deal breaker for us. For the price, we feel it was an exceptional value. Used discount PPA with all 4 nights. Management very cordial and made us feel very welcome. There are a few monthlys here, but spread throughout the edges and hardly saw them. Not a park for children as there is no play area. Would love to give 9-10 but lack of extras keeps me from doing so. However, to us it is definitely more than sufficient. Nice little town of Goliad with some great Texan history and a nice little historic downtown and courthouse. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a grocery store called Lowes within walking distance. Hubs found 2 thick rib eyes for 12 dollars. Also a very good Mexican restaurant near the campground on 59, had excellent food. We didn't try the others near the historic downtown, but heard they were good as well. State park with old mission, presidio within in a few miles.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $15.00

No reservations. Greeted by a very cheerful host who welcomed us like we had been there before (never had). Site choices were good and ours was a over sized, level, gravel pull through with, despite the time of year, a nice lawn. This one is a keeper in our book. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

Goliad state park and historical site. Easy drives to the beach or Corpus Christi (about an hour or less) and San Antonio (2 hours or so).

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $15.00

Fine park. Well laid out pretty much level gravel sites, paved roads. Well kept up. Ok wifi, cable was fuzzy when we were there but as it was just for the night I didn't try to deal with it. The entrance from the highway is getting pretty beat up but I don't know if thats the park or city/state responsibility. Very personable owner/manager? We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $10.00

I stayed at this park for two months, from just before Christmas 2014 to the third week of February. I got the monthly rate of $300 plus electric which is billed at .14/KWH. Most of the other parks around charge .12. But they also demand a $50 to $100 deposit which this park does not. I chose a spot on the hill right next to the WiFi which was terrific until the two diesel trucks in the next spot parked right on top of me. I put up with this for two nights and then asked to move. No problem. I moved to the far end of the park, away from the trucks and the road noise and this cost me two bars on the WIFI signal. There are no restrooms, showers or laundry here. That makes life a bit tenuous if you don't have a self contained unit. I do but the shower is a 3' by 3' joke. This became a hassle. The closest laundry facilities are in Beeville or Victoria. They do have a laundry service available for a fee. There is nothing onsite to do. No Rec room, no activities, etc. This park is geared toward the Fracking Workers. It is not a destination park. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Motorhome.

The town of Goliad doesn't offer much either. You can visit the tourist trap square with their overpriced ships and restaurants. And you can visit the fort which was an interesting half hour. Otherwise your choices are two lousy Mexican Restaurants, a Subway, A Pizza Shop that keeps odd hours and a Dairy Queen.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $17.00

Rate given reflects a weekly rate with Good Sam discount, plus metered electricity used. The power here is all green, from wind, solar, and hydroelectric. The park would rate a 10 except there are no shower facilities that I am aware of, just a “powder room” in the office. The owner is extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed here two weeks waiting for mail and packages to arrive which the owner delivered to our door as they trickled in. The owner, an RVer himself, designed the park to make spaces easy for big rigs to get into, spacious, and many shaded without interfering with satellite dishes. Unfortunately, most of the people in the park are oil workers with the Eagle Ford Shale or Winter Texans, making only a limited numbers of spaces available for those of us just passing through. Despite the presence of primarily permanent residents, the park was very quiet, clean, and tidy. The owner walked through the park daily to clean up what little trash had blown in. The internet and cable TV included in the reasonable rate were both very good. We camped at Angels in Goliad RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Angels in Goliad RV Park

Are you affiliated with Angels in Goliad RV Park ?