9 Excellent

1501 N Dooley St
Grapevine, Texas 76051

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "The Vineyards" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

I don't give out a 10 lightly! This is an OUTSTANDING city run RV Park. They even do a clean up of each site after you leave and before the next user arrives. Everything I saw indicated a well run operation. The only negative comment will be the fact that it is near DFW and you will hear jet traffic going in and out at a steady pace. If you are in a well insulated RV it isn't that bad but you can hear it a bit. We slept well. Personally, as a retired air traffic controller, it was fun to watch. Sites were reasonably spaced but not really that close either. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $69.00

OK, my review is specific to the site we had. It could be so different for another site. We had what they call a Gold site. If you want to kick back in an extraordinary place for a bit, "go for the gold." Our site 83 was level cement with a huge patio, grass, wood deck with a bench overlooking the lake, picnic table and fire ring with tons of room for guest vehicles. If you can spring for it just once, in my opinion, it is so worth it to get a Gold site. In general, good WiFi and cable. Extras like free donuts and coffee on Sunday morning, wine tasting. Sandy swim beach with lounge chairs. Kids playground. Lots of ducks, geese, grackles, Blue Heron, White Egrets. One negative: 2 laundry rooms for a huge park. In one there was only 1 out-of-order washing machine and the other had 3 that worked fine. NO air conditioning in laundry! Our site had no shade, so might not enjoy in the middle of summer. No pool. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Go for it if you can and get a Gold site. Be prepared to deal with confusing, terrible freeways getting there and going anywhere.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $55.00

What a great park! Wife and I stayed here for 10 days while visiting family in the area. This used to be a Corps of Engineers (COE) park. The City of Grapevine is now leasing the park from the COE and is investing in making this a real draw for the city. As with other COE parks, the sites are spacious. Asphalt roads and concrete pads on the sites. Utilities are modern and work well. Every site has a fire ring and picnic table. Most of the picnic tables have shade covers. Some sites are in the open and some are in the shade. Staff is very helpful when selecting a site. Some sites are right on the lake. There is a sandy beach with lounge chairs. Staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. They do a great job of keeping the place spotless. Three issues (and the reason it didn't get a perfect score): 1. WIFI is typical - it is unuseable when the park is full. We were told that it is being upgraded. Fiber has been installed to the entrance, but needs to be connected to the Wireless Access Points. 2. There is no enclosed dog park. They have a peninsula called Puppy Point where dogs can be run off leash, but there is no enclosed area. 3. Laundry was clean and prices reasonable. Only problem is there are only 3 washers and 3 dryers. For a park this size, more machines would be helpful. Anyway.....we think this park is great. We highly recommend it and we will definitely return when we are in the area. Book early...it fills up quick! We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Old Town Grapevine is great with restaurants and shops. Try the brunch buffet on Sunday at Wilhoite's. You won't leave hungry!

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

The entire city of Grapevine is spotless including this wonderful Rv park run and owned by the city. Property is so beautiful, concrete sites, trimmed grass and landscaping, clean beach and shoreline. Staff wonderful. We were here July, so hot, stayed in Coach. No shade on our deluxe site #12 on the waterfront. Strong WiFi, electricity and water pressure. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Historical downtown quite near to park...

Featured Campgrounds Near The Vineyards

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $75.00

Pricey, but one of the best campgrounds we have been to. Uniquely spacious, quiet, secure, peaceful. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Rural atmosphere in an urban location.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $53.00

What a nice campground. Very well maintained, clean, spacious sites, view of the lake and marina, convenient to downtown Grapevine (lots of restaurants) Costco nearby. What more could you ask. Highly recommend and we would definitely stay here again. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $52.00

A little hard to get to considering the Texas freeways and roads. The park is one of a kind. Fabulous especially if you love boating, fishing. Most spacious sites I have ever seen or used. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight, Spacious

Grapevine is a thriving historic town, much larger than I ever imagined. With over 200 restaurants and numerous activities taking place every week. The Texas freeways and roads make it a challenge to get here. Avoid rush hour as DFW airport and Ft Worth play into the traffic challenge. The park is around a lake. You have lake views from just about everywhere. I've never been to a park laid out in this fashion. Fabulous!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $55.00

This was our second visit and it still remains one of our favorite campgrounds. A little on the pricey side, but the lots are large and well maintained. Hookups all work and are conveniently located. Bathrooms are clean and looked after. Reception is friendly and efficient and, again, the views from our site were perfect. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 65

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

We spent a night while visiting family in the area. Wish we had more time - this park is great. From check in to exit, these folks have it figured out. The campground was absolutely spotless, pads were concrete (and level) and the utilities were solid. On our site the trees made things a bit tight getting into but the trees also added to the overall appeal of the campground. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Reserve early, this is a very popular place

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $58.00

We were in site 22 which was somewhat unlevel side to side and front to back. It was a side of the road pull-through, and it had a nice view of the marina. It also had a nice fire pit and covered picnic table. We were able to receive HD sat. There are great views from many sites in the campground. They suggest, and it helps, to park away and downhill from the services to get the most level area on this site. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

The Old West Cafe has the most amazing breakfasts. Main Street in Grapevine is well worth a walk up and back. Be sure to watch the Glass Blowers at Vetro.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $53.00

This is an exceptional campground, and we camp here every spring. I would have given a "10", but for some reason this year the policy has changed to forbid pet enclosures at the site. The camp host was unable to provide an explanation, except that the "new management" was concerned about "esthetics". This is the first campground that we have encountered with this policy. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $49.00

Spacious sites, with concrete pads. Well maintained facilities. We will return. We camped at The Vineyards in a Travel Trailer.

Downtown Grapevine is quaint with a variety of shops and restaurants.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

I made this reservation weeks ahead of our actual stay. Then I called a week before our arrival to see if we could come in a day earlier than reserved. Due to flooding in the area the park was having issues when I made the first contact, in February so I needed to know if the issues were corrected so all services were now working. To ALL the above questions, I was told YES. I called the day before we were to arrive and I was told everything was good and We could go into my reserved site with no moving. When we arrived we were told we did not have a reservation until the next day! I explained what I had arranged with their reservation folks on the phone. The reservation clerk at the check in said that could not have happened because there was no mention of it in the computer. She was very hostile and very negative with us. it was a really bad experience. And it went down hill from that first encounter with this husband and wife team. They were rude, accusatory and very unwelcoming to new campers. We were stuck with no place to stay with a large fifth wheel and my husband needing to go be somewhere else the next day (we were not on vacation). They finally gave us a spot but were told we had to move to the originally reserved site after the camper that was there now moved. As it turned out we were told later by another reservation person we were going to have to move a day earlier because the husband and wife duo double booked a site. Other guests checking in during this awful event were also not treated with appropriate decorum either. I don't think either of these people ever smiled or said a welcoming word to anyone while we were there. This appears to be a really nice park, but the mix up with the reservation and the very nasty unprofessional way were treated left a very bad feeling. All other park workers were very nice and helpful. But I did expect much better treatment from a Good Sam affiliated park. Not sure I want to try another stay. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

75 and then 73

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $58.00

This is 1 of the nicest county parks we have stayed at. It has the spaciousness of a campground but the amenities of a private park. The landscaping is nice, everything is new and well taken care of. The staff is present but not intrusive and puts a lot of care into the maintenance of this campground. The location is about 30 minutes drive from downtown Dallas and the town of Grapevine is very cute with some shopping and dining. There's a really cool park (Oak Grove Park) which is a couple of miles away. It has tons of walking trails, a really cool fenced in dog park and plenty of space for outdoor activities. The campground itself had plenty of room to stretch your legs and an off leash dog area by the lake. There is also a small sandy swimming beach. There was a small walking trail through the woods and overall it's a pet friendly place except for the stickers that get stuck in the dog paws. Those are plentiful here. The sites are level, paved 50 amp FHU with cable. Some of the lake front sites have a private deck right off the site. That was really cool and a great place to have a drink and relax. Verizon was 5 d/l, ATT was 20d/l and T mobile was 15 d/l without a booster. I didn't try their free wifi. There is no onsite propane but there's a delivery company that comes on Saturday and will fill your tanks for you. It's expensive though but it is a nice perk to have. You don't even have to be there when they fill it. Just call them in advance and get on the list and they'll pull right up to your RV and fill your tank. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $65.00

Beautiful, large sites. Close to services, restaurants, and Dallas amenities. Lots of privacy and space. The lake is lovely, kayaking is available, etc. Plenty of dog walking areas. Laundry facilities could be better, not enough and one of the washers was not extracting very well so I had to wring stuff out by hand before putting in the dryer. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Vineyards

Are you affiliated with The Vineyards ?