9 Excellent

1501 N Dooley St
Grapevine, Texas 76051

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "The Vineyards" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $53.00

What a nice campground. Very well maintained, clean, spacious sites, view of the lake and marina, convenient to downtown Grapevine (lots of restaurants) Costco nearby. What more could you ask. Highly recommend and we would definitely stay here again. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $52.00

A little hard to get to considering the Texas freeways and roads. The park is one of a kind. Fabulous especially if you love boating, fishing. Most spacious sites I have ever seen or used. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight, Spacious

Grapevine is a thriving historic town, much larger than I ever imagined. With over 200 restaurants and numerous activities taking place every week. The Texas freeways and roads make it a challenge to get here. Avoid rush hour as DFW airport and Ft Worth play into the traffic challenge. The park is around a lake. You have lake views from just about everywhere. I've never been to a park laid out in this fashion. Fabulous!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $55.00

This was our second visit and it still remains one of our favorite campgrounds. A little on the pricey side, but the lots are large and well maintained. Hookups all work and are conveniently located. Bathrooms are clean and looked after. Reception is friendly and efficient and, again, the views from our site were perfect. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 65

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

We spent a night while visiting family in the area. Wish we had more time - this park is great. From check in to exit, these folks have it figured out. The campground was absolutely spotless, pads were concrete (and level) and the utilities were solid. On our site the trees made things a bit tight getting into but the trees also added to the overall appeal of the campground. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Reserve early, this is a very popular place

Featured Campgrounds Near The Vineyards

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $58.00

We were in site 22 which was somewhat unlevel side to side and front to back. It was a side of the road pull-through, and it had a nice view of the marina. It also had a nice fire pit and covered picnic table. We were able to receive HD sat. There are great views from many sites in the campground. They suggest, and it helps, to park away and downhill from the services to get the most level area on this site. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

The Old West Cafe has the most amazing breakfasts. Main Street in Grapevine is well worth a walk up and back. Be sure to watch the Glass Blowers at Vetro.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $53.00

This is an exceptional campground, and we camp here every spring. I would have given a "10", but for some reason this year the policy has changed to forbid pet enclosures at the site. The camp host was unable to provide an explanation, except that the "new management" was concerned about "esthetics". This is the first campground that we have encountered with this policy. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $49.00

Spacious sites, with concrete pads. Well maintained facilities. We will return. We camped at The Vineyards in a Travel Trailer.

Downtown Grapevine is quaint with a variety of shops and restaurants.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

I made this reservation weeks ahead of our actual stay. Then I called a week before our arrival to see if we could come in a day earlier than reserved. Due to flooding in the area the park was having issues when I made the first contact, in February so I needed to know if the issues were corrected so all services were now working. To ALL the above questions, I was told YES. I called the day before we were to arrive and I was told everything was good and We could go into my reserved site with no moving. When we arrived we were told we did not have a reservation until the next day! I explained what I had arranged with their reservation folks on the phone. The reservation clerk at the check in said that could not have happened because there was no mention of it in the computer. She was very hostile and very negative with us. it was a really bad experience. And it went down hill from that first encounter with this husband and wife team. They were rude, accusatory and very unwelcoming to new campers. We were stuck with no place to stay with a large fifth wheel and my husband needing to go be somewhere else the next day (we were not on vacation). They finally gave us a spot but were told we had to move to the originally reserved site after the camper that was there now moved. As it turned out we were told later by another reservation person we were going to have to move a day earlier because the husband and wife duo double booked a site. Other guests checking in during this awful event were also not treated with appropriate decorum either. I don't think either of these people ever smiled or said a welcoming word to anyone while we were there. This appears to be a really nice park, but the mix up with the reservation and the very nasty unprofessional way were treated left a very bad feeling. All other park workers were very nice and helpful. But I did expect much better treatment from a Good Sam affiliated park. Not sure I want to try another stay. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

75 and then 73

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $58.00

This is 1 of the nicest county parks we have stayed at. It has the spaciousness of a campground but the amenities of a private park. The landscaping is nice, everything is new and well taken care of. The staff is present but not intrusive and puts a lot of care into the maintenance of this campground. The location is about 30 minutes drive from downtown Dallas and the town of Grapevine is very cute with some shopping and dining. There's a really cool park (Oak Grove Park) which is a couple of miles away. It has tons of walking trails, a really cool fenced in dog park and plenty of space for outdoor activities. The campground itself had plenty of room to stretch your legs and an off leash dog area by the lake. There is also a small sandy swimming beach. There was a small walking trail through the woods and overall it's a pet friendly place except for the stickers that get stuck in the dog paws. Those are plentiful here. The sites are level, paved 50 amp FHU with cable. Some of the lake front sites have a private deck right off the site. That was really cool and a great place to have a drink and relax. Verizon was 5 d/l, ATT was 20d/l and T mobile was 15 d/l without a booster. I didn't try their free wifi. There is no onsite propane but there's a delivery company that comes on Saturday and will fill your tanks for you. It's expensive though but it is a nice perk to have. You don't even have to be there when they fill it. Just call them in advance and get on the list and they'll pull right up to your RV and fill your tank. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $65.00

Beautiful, large sites. Close to services, restaurants, and Dallas amenities. Lots of privacy and space. The lake is lovely, kayaking is available, etc. Plenty of dog walking areas. Laundry facilities could be better, not enough and one of the washers was not extracting very well so I had to wring stuff out by hand before putting in the dryer. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $62.00

In the past this park has always been rated a 9 or 10, but this time I had to downgrade it, because of our specific site and specific requests about the site that were not accurately taken into account. When we arrived, I noticed that the site I had requested was vacant, but it wasn't assigned to us. We left after 2 nights of a 5 night stay because of approaching severe weather, but likely would have left anyway due to the unsatisfactory site. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Having been here many times, we find the best way from the east or south is to take I-20 to 360 north to Grapevine. Of course, there is always a permanent construction zone at the north end; be alert not to miss your exit (it's a different puzzle every time).

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

I am rating this park a "6" because of our site. If not for this, this park is a definite 10!! Premium Sites are very long. Many are concrete but some are macadam. We were in Space 22 which is horrible because it is macadam and slants downhill on the side and downhill on the front. Bring lots of blocks to even try to get your rig level in this space. . The camper behind us told us over the past month he has watched every single rig struggle in space 22. So this is NOT a new problem. Be sure you are not put in this space! Add to that the sewer connection is up on the street so absolutely impossible to drain your tanks! Entry into the park was easy. Staff was great. Fellow RVers very friendly. Views and access of the lake are great. Lanes within the park are macadam and wide enough. One area of the park has no trees and the other area has lots of trees. There are large grassy areas leading down to the lake. Site includes full hookups with a picnic table and inground fire ring. Utilities work well at this site except the sewer which is installed too high for you to be able to empty your holding tanks. This is a big problem with this site. AT&T Cell is good. Verizon Broadband is good as is Cable TV. Satellite works well. Be aware this is NOT a resort. There is no fenced in dog park and no pool/spa. There is a nice play area all around the lake for kids to play. We are here in early November and there are no Bugs. We camped at The Vineyards in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $49.00

Kind of pricy but a very nicely laid out city owned park. Sites well spaced apart so you don't feel crowded in and sites have either asphalt or concrete pads. Back in sites tend to slope front to back and would be okay for fifth wheels and travel trailers to get level but longer Motorhomes may have leveling issues as I did with a forty foot Motorhome. Pull thru sites look good although they may slope right to left. Lots of open space in the park. Free wifi and Verizon signal is good if you do your own hot spot. Free Cable TV with about 40 stations. Lake attracts lots of ducks and other birds. No dog park but lots of doggy stations throughout the park. Interior roads are easy to navigate. If you use the on-line reservation system, do not back up during the registration process as the system will lock you out of your selected site for a period of time, at least it does with Windows 7. Otherwise, system is good as you get immediate confirmation of your site selection upon acceptance of your payment. Park gate is closed at night but campers are given the gate code. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Lots of shopping choices and easy to get to from the park. Several huge antique stores as well as many smaller ones. Six flags, Legoland Discovery Center and Sea Life not too far away. Grapevine Mills is close too.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $56.00

Beautiful, but pricey park, located on the south shore of Grapevine Lake. Park is run by the city of Grapevine. Stays pretty full, particularly on weekends. They require a three day reservation on weekends, so reserve early. Very clean and peaceful. East side of park has lots of shade, but west side does not have any. Nice concrete pads and paved roads. All services excellent. Gated at night, requires a gate code to get in after 7pm. Most pads are large pull through. Depending on how much you want to pay, you can have your private deck, covered picnic table or be water side. All sites have enough room for your awning and a nice metal picnic table. It is an excellent park, but for a price and NO discounts. We camped at The Vineyards in a Travel Trailer.

Sandy beach on site, swimming, tubing. Kayaks and paddle boards for rent. Boat ramp, pull the boat on shore close to your campsite. Lots of restaurants, movies, shopping, etc. nearby.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $69.00

There is nothing but praise I can share for this campground. After suffering 3 major floods in 4 years this campground is beautiful. Congratulaions to the crew, ground people and many volunteers that helped return this campground to its awesome condition. This is a must to visit when you are in the area. Spacious sights and a large green belt to walk the furry kids. Excellent roads for riding bikes and you can rent golf carts on sight. There is a Marina across the cove that was playing live music last night and sounded like everyone was having a good time. We camped at The Vineyards in a Motorhome.

Minutes to Great wolf Lodge, Bass Pro Shop, Grapevine mall. On the lake with boat ramp on sight. Just one main cove from the Gaylord resort. We took the granddaughter to LEGOLAND and Sea Life at the Mall. We had lunch at the Rainforest Café. LEGOLAND was a beat down but Sea Life was very nice and had best value..

Featured Campgrounds Near The Vineyards

Are you affiliated with The Vineyards ?