Lakeview RV Resort

• Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

It's a professionally run park with adequate facilities. I travel full-time and I would rank this park in the top 25% of parks we've stayed in over the last 2 years. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

Parked the RV here for 3 nights while visiting family. This is a gated and walled community-like park surrounding a man-made lake with fountains (and reportedly fish) in a semi-industrial part of Houston. Expect traffic and traffic noise. Once inside, this is the closest to a true resort feel that we have found in a park with "Resort" in the name. Nice community room with games, pool/ping-pong and several modern exercise machines. Some long-term residents but their sites were generally clean. Our site was a 20x40 concrete back-in, and a little tight. Utilities fine. Wifi was undergoing service and intermittent to non-working except at the community room. Verizon signal was good. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

Unlike many of the other reviewers, my experience at this park was less than stellar. It is called an RV "resort," but I did not feel it was anything more than a simple RV "park." Upon my arrival, the first order of business was signing my life away to all their silly rules. Next, I was given a map to my site, but no offer to escort me. Upon arriving at my back-in site, it was evident that there was no way I could get into it because several tow cars were parked in the roadway. (It was not because they were illegally parked - rather, it was because the park chooses to place RVs in sites too small to accommodate the RV and tow vehicle within the confines of the site.) Fortunately, one of my "neighbors" stepped outside and offered to temporarily move their car. They also suggested I knock on the door of another neighbor to move his car, just so I could get into my site. I would like to point out that in more than 10 years of RV travel, I have NEVER had to ask anyone to move their vehicle to get into my site. As someone who values privacy, I found this a totally unacceptable practice. Once in my site, I stopped by the office to let them know how difficult it was to get into it. The response by one of the personnel was, "well, we've had difficulty ourselves." Evaluating my total experience with this park, it became readily apparent that it is totally set up to make easy to manage, rather than easy on the customers. Examples include lack of trash pick-up and only one remote area for trash, one set of restrooms located near the rather remote office, etc., etc. The icing on the cake was when I "checked out," and the best they could offer was, "you're good to go." No "thank you" for staying here, "hope you had a pleasant stay," nothing. (I felt like I had just been given a release from prison.) Given the $60.00 per night rate, I would have hoped for better - lesson learned! We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $60.00

Extremely well kept, maintained and managed very large Rv park near med center in South Houston with concrete streets and sites. Grass, stones and trees between sites. Many, many long term residents here and in my opinion a little to much junk around their sites- not monitored. Many sites have extra cars, a boat trailer, golf carts, boxes, coolers and outside storage, so looks cluttered to me..some sites are small but there are numerous big rig sites...huge pond in center of property..very little shade but trees are growing. Excellent staff. Big game room. No curb side trash pickup and you are not escorted to your site. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Drive very slow thru this park as many kids on scooters, etc. And extra cars parked at ends of sites near street

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $60.00

We have been coming to Lakeview Resort for years and the physical facilities are great. My main issue is the wifi service. The park advertises wifi but it does not work properly even for basic tasks. The resort is well maintained and clean but is difficult to navigate because vehicles are parked on streets rather than on the rv space alloted. If you need to stay here for any length of time, be sure to have alternate wifi connection. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Awesome TexMex restaurant called LosTios on Beechnut.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $55.00

We have been coming to this park off and on for the past few years. First as over-nighters and then as monthly renters, off and on. Let me start by saying that the rates are EXORBITANT! We have traveled all over the U.S. and these are the highest rates we have ever encountered. You can buy and own a site for less in some areas. This park caters to Cancer patients of M.D. Anderson. There is a free shuttle to the hospital, but that's where the hospitality ends. In the last year and half, we have seen rates raise $200 a month for monthly rates and $25 a night for nightly rates. When you are a Cancer patient with hospital bills and you check in at one rate, only to have it raised again and again, it is burdening. It would be one thing if it was worth it, but this park is in steady decline. The quality goes down, while the rates go up. At one time there was very good management. The place was clean, mowed, no undesirables, and tidy. Lately, there is junk strewn around spaces, undesirables, personal items are being stolen, units broke into, and two days ago the grass was over 16" high before it was mowed. When it is mowed, the mowers throw grass all over your space, on to your vehicles, etc. and leave it over night. They don't blow it off until the next day, and even then, they do a terrible job cleaning it up. They mow in the rain and leave huge clumps everywhere. The public restrooms have really deteriorated. This park USED to be a resort. That is no longer the case. There are loud parties, speeding vehicles, and dog feces strewn about. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Spb

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $58.00

Very nice and helpful staff. Nice looking RV Park - several long termers here with their belongings stashed under their RV's.

We are experienced RV'ers and appreciate being able to setup quickly without hassles, but 3 things irked us.

1. The hookups for the black and gray dumps are on very flat concrete - not dished as you would expect and it was almost impossible to screw them in easily. Whoever setup the park had no idea what they were doing.

2. The trash is a 1/4 mile walk from the back of the rv park - have left mine at the rear of the RV and will dump it during the next drive out

3. In this day and age of internet being an essential utility, it is half the speed you can get from a cellphone. Slow and crappy and forces you to login periodically, so a reliable constant connection is unavailable. Plus, all the rules of no streaming movies etc only email and web and the threat of blocking you. Hello? Felt like 1990's and a dial up modem all over again. Needs decent Internet desperately and efforts would be better pointed at providing it rather than policing their crappy Tengo Internet. Side bar: we have always had bad experiences with Tengo Internet. Never fast, always unreliable and best avoided.

Get real people - if you want to charge 60 bucks a night, how about some real facilities? Your park is nice, but so are state parks with the same facilities at half the price. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $29.00

Stayed for a month; rate reflects monthly discount. Very easy access in the park with our extra large sized 40'+ big rig RV. Some traffic noise at night. Blacktop roads and concrete pads throughout. Park is very well landscaped with a beautiful pool and hot tub area although the hot tub was filthy with debris for the duration of our stay. Great AT&T signal. Satellite signal available at most sites. We would stay again. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

Very nice well kept park, mostly full-timers. Biggest problem is parking. Management allows residents to park just about anywhere. The space next to us had a boat, pickup truck, car and a 5th wheel. The car and the truck are parked in the street. At night the streets have cars parked everywhere. We chose this place to be close to the Medical Center. We haven't noticed any noise problem, our site has been nice and quiet. Our first site was terrible but they moved us to a better site. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $55.00

Hands down the most beautiful RV park we have yet to visit. The well-manicured grass areas were golf course quality, flower beds, rose bushes and well maintained trees everywhere. Would be a disservice to call it a campground. It's a resort. Well-appointed clubhouse with pool tables, table tennis, shuffle board. Heated pool. No grill at the site, but there are community grills throughout the park. We were only here two days, but could easily see staying long term. The only downside I see is there is just one restroom (that I could tell) at the clubhouse and could be quite a hike if your at the back of the park. Other than that, this is a first class resort. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $57.00

Excellent park! Friendly Staff. Very clean. Heated pool. Gated. Great Wifi! Only here for one night. I would suggest it for long term too. Lovely place! We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $54.00

We stayed there because it is near the medical center area. The campground provides a free shuttle to different hospitals. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The pool and spa looked great, but it was too cold while we were there. Very nice workout room. There is even a place to wash your dog! The grounds are immaculate!

Only negative thing was the traffic noise at night. It seemed to be filled, yet it didn't feel like it.
We will be staying there again. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $30.00

As others have noted, this park is "very" close to a very busy highway and active train tracks, the traffic noise is significant and goes on 24 hours a day. We've put over 100K miles on our motorhome over a ten year period and this is by far the noisiest park we have "ever" stayed in. If you need to be here for attending one of the many medical facilities, they do have a reduced monthly rate and a free shuttle bus. Other comments: "Very" well maintained park, all concrete interior roads and pads, management permits vehicles to park on the interior roads and not in their assign space which can make maneuvering difficult. Large laundry that's well maintained with an attendant, large rec room, great restroom/shower facility. This is one of the few parks we've been in with a dog wash station that's free (we used it.) Also, I estimate this park is comprised of 90% full-timers in trailers and 5th wheels (be careful walking the dog in the dark about 6AM - lots of pickup trucks heading out for work.) They do have rental park models if you need to be here and don't have an RV. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

SHUTTLE BUS NOTE: they are always prompt with the scheduled pickup at Lake View, but "completely" undependable trying to return to Lake View. Use Uber for the return trip (about ten bucks.) If you want/need to stay here, buy a white noise machine (we had TWO running at night) which will drown out most of the traffic/train/sirens/kids with boomers.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

This is the best RV campground we've stayed at so far as we're new to this lifestyle. Concrete campsites with a beautiful lake view. Back-ins and no drive-through sites. The camp is well-run; but both the managers were rude (and I hope the owner reads this). Our camper sat right next to a freeway and even with earplugs, we heard the traffic. Also, the neighborhood is quite economically depressed and ugly. We wouldn't stay there again, although we loved Houston. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $45.00

It's a great campground in the WRONG location. It's nice, clean and beautiful in the campground but it is surrounded by Highways! We stayed 3 nights and couldn't sleep. Don't take it lightly, if you either a light sleeper or sensitive sleeper. You may find very specific sites where it will be less but in general the entire campground is beautiful but noisy! If you do decide to book there just let them know you do not want to be next to ANY highway or road. Other than that, they have a great recreation room with lots of fun games, free popcorn and ice machine, good exercise equipment as well. The people we met were very nice as well. The park is paved and has nice personal grass area.The sites are very close to each other.

We would not stay there again, it was not worth the money. We camped at Lakeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

It is though close to everything you want, and about 20min from downtown.

All Star RV Resort

South Main RV Park

Advanced RV Resort

Eastlake RV Resort

Houston, Texas

Are you affiliated with Lakeview RV Resort ?