Pine Island RV Park

Karnack, Texas

Recent Rate: $20 7/2010

RVman63

My wife, two grandchildren, and I stayed two nights in this park. We made reservations but the shaded sites were already taken. We used a pull through space. With our fifth wheel we had plenty of room to maneuver. We arrived about 9 PM and it was very dark. The site had a light on it but the owner was very helpful in having available extra lights to help setup. The area of the park was fantastic being able to swim and boat in the river across the street from the park. We did not see any playground equipment in the park but it was not needed anyway because of the water activities available. We will definitely make another visit here. We camped at Pine Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Rif

This park is just a grass field with two rows of hookups. Has some 50 amp sites. There is no gravel, even on the roads, and it would be very easy to get stuck if it were to rain a lot. Our rig is a little over 13 feet tall and we hit several tree branches on the way in. There was no one in the office when we arrived so I called the number in the Passport America Guide and left a message on the answering machine. When the owner came to collect in the evening he was less than friendly. He said the rate was $18 and I replied that I had Passport America. It was obvious from his reaction that he was not happy that he had to give me a discount. He said the price was $12 then. I told him the guide said it was $9 and he said there was an additional charge if you had more than one A/C and that if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere. Of course, I was already set up and settled in so I was not about to argue for $3. We will not be back. It was worth $10-$12 for a place to park, but it is way off the beaten path and it needs a lot more development and attention before it will be much of anything. My conversation with the owner convinced me that no more money will be spent on the place until he has more money coming in to pay the expenses. Sounds like a Catch-22. We camped at Pine Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

New campground near Caddo Lake State Park. Wonderful area to visit. Would go back. Roomy, level, unpaved sites. Good catfish restaurant next door. Bayou located across the road from camp. Except for facilities at parking site (water, elec, sewer) there are no other facilities. Never did find where to leave trash. Thought this park better than other local commercial parks, but not as good as the state park. We camped at Pine Island RV Park in a camper.

Are you affiliated with Pine Island RV Park?