Katy Lake RV Resort

Katy, Texas

20222 Morton Rd
Katy, Texas 77449

Elevation: 133' (approximate)
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • RV Wash RV Wash yes
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Spa Spa yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

Issue checking in with Super C. There is an issue with weight of RV. Distance from interstate is over 3 miles ad stop and go with lots of traffic signals. Make sure you look for their sign and turn before it. A bit confusing. Looks like u are going into a storage area. That all being said , park is beautiful easy to navigate. Level site and dutilities worked great. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $44.00

This is one nice clean park, No dirt or sand as the patio & RV parking sites were all concrete. Power Box's were located perfectly and no brown or black outs for the 10 days I camped there. Sewer connections were clean and well maintained. The roads between the sites are wide enough to maneuver my coach and toad connected. I camp in a 45' Monaco HR with 4-Slide outs. The clubhouse very nice and clean and the pool is well kept. There is a security gate for privacy and one can enter with a remote gate controller of gate digital code. My Verizon was 4-5 Bars and LTE was excellent. My Roof Dome Dish HD picked up all 3 satellites. W/E/S were all great. There are close to 100 channels of cable which I did not use. I also did not use the off air antenna. I used my electric golf cart there and also washed my coach upon arrival. I give this RV campground 10 stars. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby, Very Close

Making a right out of the campground onto Fry road will take you to Walmart and Kroger. There is a huge abundance of stores within several miles of the Katy Lake Campground.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $27.00

This is the best park I've been in so far, friendly people, clean, well maintained. While we were here the park was almost full, but it didn't feel crowded. Will definitely stay here again, really nice that they accept passport America. Our cost was $27.00 normal $58.00 (kind of high). Neat pool and hot tub, nice club house. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $54.00

The good - The park is clean, the hot tub and pool are fantastic! The walking track around the lake is very nice. The clubhouse and laundry facilities were excellent. Pull through and back in sites for varying sizes. People are very nice. The bad - The internet is probably the biggest disappointment to this nice park. Upon arrival, we were given a notice that you were limited to 10gigs a month of WIFI use. Additionally, the office has the ability to block devices from the WIFI. The only other option you have is to utilize a satellite dish for your internet needs or utilize your cell provider. Being limited to what I can do with the internet service and capping that said service is a high negative to me. If you are working remotely or like Netflix, Hulu, you tube, etc... you would be best to find somewhere else to stay. If you are in the back of the park, the only dog run area is all the way in the front, they could use a second one. All in all, I would stay here again if it was for one night or two, but would find somewhere else if I needed more than that. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

Katy Lake is a clean, relatively new, well maintained campground with good access to the west Houston area and it's surroundings. We stayed in a pull through site which was laid out well, both easy to get into and out of. The sitting area was small, but sufficient. Sites were not spacious, but large enough to put out awnings and sit without being on top of neighbors. There are a large number of long term workers in the park, but the park does not allow campers or sites to deteriorate as we have seen elsewhere. Common areas, including the small lake in the center, the pool and hot tub area and the meeting rooms are clean and well maintained. The large dog park and pet washing station were grassy, maintained and a very nice addition. Security on site is via gate access. The park has obviously had some trouble with standing water on some sites, but at the time we were there it appeared that they had resolved almost all of these issues. There was nothing that caused us concern nor detracted from our view that this was a very good private park for seeing the Houston area. We would stay again. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $39.00

For an "in-town" RV park, Katy Lake is a great choice. We were in Katy to visit a friend who lives 5-10 minutes from the RV park, so the location was perfect for us. We're not fans of crowded RV parks with lots of sites crammed together, but we knew what we were getting into so I can't really complain. There's enough room to open your awning without hitting your neighbor, but not much more room than that. Our pull-through had a paved car parking pad next to the RV, so with our car next to us we had very little camping space (not unusual for a park like this). The $39 per night weekly rate for full hookups right in Katy close to everything is a good deal. Right outside the RV park is every store you could need, in the typical suburban never-ending strip mall frenzy. There is a very nice 1/2 mile paved path around the lake, and a nice fenced dog park that's bigger than most, but apart from that there's no good place nearby for longer dog walks. The WiFi worked intermittently and was usually too slow to be useful to us. Verizon and AT&T both worked great. The RV park entrance on Morton Rd. is quite uneven, so you may want to take the turn slowly to prevent dishes from flying out of cabinets. The park is gated and you need to pay a $50 refundable deposit for the remote gate opener. They also give you a code to get in with the keypad near the gate, but there is no way to get out without the opener! There's no keypad inside the park, and the gate does not automatically open when you approach from inside. One morning (before the office opened) the gate was apparently malfunctioning and we couldn't get out of the park--no remotes would open it. Eventually some other stuck RVers manually pulled the gates open so we could all get out. Due to the great location and reasonable price, we'd return here. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The Katy Dog Park is 10-15 minutes away and is HUGE (several fenced wooded acres), with a small pond, a paved loop path, and lots of grass and trees.

hap

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $20.00

ZERO wifi unless you go to the clubhouse. TV was good. Park is very nice but seemed to have some sort of drainage problem but the park was attentive to draining standing water and such. People are extremely friendly. Dog facilities were amazing! My girls loved going to the dog park. There were as many as 6 dogs at a time there and they all had a blast!! We also used the dog wash and it was equally fantastic! The wifi is the only deal breaker for me. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Do not expect wifi even if they tell you they have it unless and until they upgrade. They did tell us their wifi works, but you can trust me or you can find out for yourself -- it does not!

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $23.00

Very clean and quiet. Mostly a well kept parking lot with a "lake" (retention pond) within the property. The lake is nice with a fountain in the middle. Nice club house with very clean showers, pool and hot tub. Two grills and picking tables available by the clubhouse. Only reason not to give it a 10 is the POOR Wi-Fi. We have stayed here on and off for a year and they are always "improving" their wi-fi. Whenever they fix it, a 10 will be well deserved... We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $27.00

This is an extremely clean gated park. All sites and roads are concrete. Some sites have picnic tables, but while we were there employees brought a table and chairs to our site without us asking. There is a large lake with a very nice concrete walk all the way around it for walking/jogging. My husband tried fishing on the lake but there were so many frogs and natural surface debris that the fish get plenty of food on their own. There is a very nice pool, hot tub, and outdoor area with a gas fire pit and gas grills that you can use. The laundry room was very clean although I did not use it. There is a small clubhouse with some seating, a tv, some exercise equipment, and a very small book swap. Sadly for the size of this park I thought it was way too small for any "park" activities. Most of the people in the park live here but there are very strict rules and the park is extremely clean. We got the Passport America rate of $27.00 for the night. I don't think I would stay here at the regular rate unless I "needed" to be in the area. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $39.00

Park clean, well organized with good utilities and connections. My major problem is with rules and regulations. Individually each item could be overlooked - but collectively the result is we would not stay here again.
1. wi-fi worthless. I was only able to use it for an hour or two very early Sunday morning.
2. Must wear a red rubber wrist band when walking or hiking around in the park.
3. There was a "$50.00 five day advance notice deposit." printed on invoice. Explaination not real clear but apparently you must notify them five days before departing that you will be leaving as planned? We were only staying one week so we called on the first day to let them know when we were leaving.
4. They required copies of BOTH of our drivers licenses. On departure we insisted on getting them back with our deposit.
5. They required an emergency information contact name and number.
6. Not real sure when they were used but they had two wheel boots. Just like to ones PD's use for illegal parking.
7. Web site rules and regulations includeed this statement "If law Enforcement is called for any reason other than medical or fire emergency you will be asked to leave at that time with NO Refund or prorating of your site cost." This can be read to mean that if "I" call PD for gunfire at neighbors site - I would be told to leave and forefet remaining balance.
8. Lots of normal rules and regulations - most not enforced as far as I could see. Example - dump hose elevated on stand not enforced. Other rules kinda weird like three plant limit.
Otherwise as previously reviewed it is a nice park. Just needs some management/owner policy reviews to be more in line with what travelers expect. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Drive slow on Morton RD when approaching park for the first time. Park sign not real visible. Turn at tall red fence and stay to left - park entrance driveway very long. Just about every major big box store within three miles for handy shopping.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $27.00

I don't write reviews too often, but this experience has been irritating me for a few months. The park seemed relatively new and pretty clean. It would be my guess that there is a strong connection with local law enforcement, as there are police cars at the clubhouse often (which isn't a bad thing since you don't have to worry much about security). We were just passing through so we decided to stay for a night on Passport America. Being fulltimers, we have the luxury of staying and going at our leisure and, since the park was nice and we had a pretty nice spot, we decided we would stay for a week. My wife walked to the office in the morning to see if they had room for us to extend our stay for a week and they were happy to accommodate us, so she told them she would just check with me and get back to them shortly. We decided to stay and she called to tell them we would stay for a week and they said that they would require copies of our drivers' licenses for a background check. Now I am probably one of the most squeaky-clean guys you'll ever meet. I pay Use Tax to the state. But being an IT professional, I take seriously my personal information and felt that was going just a little too far for a weeks' stay. I walked up to confirm that this was really the issue with "Kathy" and, while polite, it was clear that they were going to do what they were going to do, whether it was reasonable or not and whether you liked it or no. There honestly was a weird sense that they seriously enjoyed the "control" which, for me, takes the fun and hospitality out of camping. Others have mentioned the gate issues and "interesting" rules, and considering all that, we decided that we'd just move on. I suspect that we will not return again, nice park or not. To me, it's just not worth the feeling of being "controlled". We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $48.00

A very clean and safe campground with al the amenities what you nee to stay for a couple of days.

Our side was a pull in side with a nice few over the pond, the streets are asphalt and easy to navigate, the side was wide enough for any size of motorhome and a towing car.

They provide a nice pool area, entertainment room, clean showers and restrooms and a very big faced dog run with washing station and hairdryer for pets.

The campground is completely fenced and have a automatic gate for safety, they offered also a free air station for tire inflation. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Spacious, Nearby
PBW

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $22.00

This is a nice park, with a good location close to Katy shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The facility is gated and well off the road, so it is secluded and quiet, despite being well inside Katy city limits. The game room and pool and hot tub area are excellent and there is a nice concrete walkway around the lake perfect for nice walks.

The management is generally attentive, although they attempted to put us on a short site even through we paid for the longer site. When we complained, they moved us, but it appeared they were trying to short us for what we have properly paid for. The water pressure and hook ups were good. Wifi was inconsistent and often did not work. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $50.00

Avoid this park.... We moved into the resort in May 2016 and left February 2017. We enjoyed living there until the owner and management showed how unprofessional they are and how the resort has fallen from their high standard. The pavement is broken and our site always flooded. The internet rarely worked and the power surges were ridiculous, the laundry facilities are sub standard, NO onsite after hours management, NO security. The property manager has no customer service skills. The owners response to any complaint is.."If you don't like it here, you can [edit] leave". We were asked to leave with no explanation and no written eviction letter, according to Texas law must be issued by the owner. [edit] My hope is that no one else is subject to this type of treatment and abuse. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $42.00

This is the third time we've stayed at this park, and as usual, it was excellent. The office personnel were professional and friendly. This is a very nice park spread around a man-made lake, with plenty of room for your rig and vehicle. I didn't use the clubhouse or pool but they looked very nice and well maintained. Nice dog walking trail around the lake. All utilities were first rate. Concrete pads with nice table and chairs. Nice fenced in dog exercise area with free doggy wash facilities. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this park. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Buckhorn Lake Resort

Kerrville, Texas

Traders Village RV Park

Lakeview RV Resort

Fallbrook RV Resort

Houston, Texas

Are you affiliated with Katy Lake RV Resort ?