9 Excellent

Katy Lake RV Resort

Katy, Texas

20222 Morton Rd
Katy, Texas 77449

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Phone Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "Katy Lake RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Concrete streets and site that was fairly level. The normal rate is $59, with the Good Sam discount and a $9 manager discount, for some reason, it was a decent price for an overnight stay. The grounds are nice and the dog area is super nice! There's a dog wash set up and HUGE area for the dogs to play in or in our dog's way, sniff about. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

This is a premier resort in the southwest section of Houston convenient to I-10 but there is nothing convenient about driving on I-10. Before I get started, let me just say I hate everything about driving in and around Houston with or without the rig in tow. Ok...Now the resort. The drive in from I-10 on Frye to Morton is not bad and well laid out. Our GPS did advise that the resort was on the opposite side of the road but hey, we used our eyes and have been here before. The front office staff are very friendly, efficient, and professional. They readily moved us to a back-in on the lake rather than a pull-thru as this is what we prefer. All of the sites around the lake are back-in and are 45 feet deep with a half-spot on the side for the two vehicle. They are adamant that you not hang over the grass and that your nose is behind the fire lane line. No worries, they were nice about it. The sites are roomy enough but not spacious. There are NO TREES at all in the park...it is a concrete paved parking lot with a bit of grass on the utility side. They just recently installed about 25 awnings to offer covered sites. These would be VERY nice in July when it is stinking hot here. Good power, free cable, water ok but pressure a bit low. Nice dog park and dog wash area. Nice 1000 step walk around the lake which also offers catch-n-release fishing. Very nice pool and exercise area. Community gas grills and one of those gas operated burning gravel deals that you can sit by. Sites on the back side of the lake have a better setback from the sidewalk around the lake. All in all a very nice, clean, well-run RV park in a very urban environment. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Eat, drink, be merry. Avoid the roads during rush hour which is 0600-1000 and 1500-1900. Really! No fun at all. We were here for client visits and cousin visits so did not do any sight-seeing.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

We stayed for one month. Easy access to the park if you are transiting east or west on I-10 Great wifi for $1.00/day. If you have a toad there is access to freeways close by for exploration. This is a proper RV park. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

All big box stores are there in addition to great food choices. The park is so far from the road that you think you are in the country, albeit no trees. The staff know their business.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $26.00

We had a nice site on the water. Cement pad was level and hookups worked well. Nice walk around the lake for the dogs. Check in was very friendly. Not many trees so probably pretty hot in the summer. Has a fire pit and nice gas grills for anyone to use. Pool seemed very clean. Looked like there was a nice pool table in the rec. center. Would definitely stay again. Price reflects P.A. discount. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Featured Campgrounds Near Katy Lake RV Resort

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $26.00

Excellent park. Not exactly right off the interstate but close enough for easy access. Cement pads long enough for 40 ft fifth wheel and truck. Good water pressure and power. Definitely stopping here again. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $42.00

Talk about welcoming! We got a call in the morning we were to arrive just to make sure that we had all the information we needed and would not need after hours instructions. The people in the office were very friendly. This is a very nice park. We just stayed 3 nights. This park is in a very suburban area. All the chain restaurants and stores are nearby. There is a "lake"--OK a pond. The WiFi is free and worked very well. Easy access from I-10, wide open entry into park, large pull-through concrete site with full hookups. The park very neat and clean. Laundry facilities are good and the machines take credit cards so you don't need quarters. Hookups were good and everything worked well. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $44.00

We stayed overnight on our way back home. It was easy to find off of I-10 and the onsite managers were great. They were extremely helpful and friendly. The sites themselves are large and spacious with concrete roads and pads. Everything is level so setting up is a breeze. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

Issue checking in with Super C. There is an issue with weight of RV. Distance from interstate is over 3 miles ad stop and go with lots of traffic signals. Make sure you look for their sign and turn before it. A bit confusing. Looks like u are going into a storage area. That all being said , park is beautiful easy to navigate. Level site and dutilities worked great. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $43.00

Not my first choice of a campground, but this place is very clean and secure. We had reservations elsewhere, but Hurricane Harvey forced a change of plans. Cable TV, a nice pool, shower house, and club house as well. Staff was friendly. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Katy is basically a large suburb of Houston, so lots of traffic and stores all around. The park itself sits far back from the main road, so it's quiet. We'd go back there again, we have family nearby.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $44.00

This is one nice clean park, No dirt or sand as the patio & RV parking sites were all concrete. Power Box's were located perfectly and no brown or black outs for the 10 days I camped there. Sewer connections were clean and well maintained. The roads between the sites are wide enough to maneuver my coach and toad connected. I camp in a 45' Monaco HR with 4-Slide outs. The clubhouse very nice and clean and the pool is well kept. There is a security gate for privacy and one can enter with a remote gate controller of gate digital code. My Verizon was 4-5 Bars and LTE was excellent. My Roof Dome Dish HD picked up all 3 satellites. W/E/S were all great. There are close to 100 channels of cable which I did not use. I also did not use the off air antenna. I used my electric golf cart there and also washed my coach upon arrival. I give this RV campground 10 stars. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby, Very Close

Making a right out of the campground onto Fry road will take you to Walmart and Kroger. There is a huge abundance of stores within several miles of the Katy Lake Campground.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $27.00

This is the best park I've been in so far, friendly people, clean, well maintained. While we were here the park was almost full, but it didn't feel crowded. Will definitely stay here again, really nice that they accept passport America. Our cost was $27.00 normal $58.00 (kind of high). Neat pool and hot tub, nice club house. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $54.00

The good - The park is clean, the hot tub and pool are fantastic! The walking track around the lake is very nice. The clubhouse and laundry facilities were excellent. Pull through and back in sites for varying sizes. People are very nice. The bad - The internet is probably the biggest disappointment to this nice park. Upon arrival, we were given a notice that you were limited to 10gigs a month of WIFI use. Additionally, the office has the ability to block devices from the WIFI. The only other option you have is to utilize a satellite dish for your internet needs or utilize your cell provider. Being limited to what I can do with the internet service and capping that said service is a high negative to me. If you are working remotely or like Netflix, Hulu, you tube, etc... you would be best to find somewhere else to stay. If you are in the back of the park, the only dog run area is all the way in the front, they could use a second one. All in all, I would stay here again if it was for one night or two, but would find somewhere else if I needed more than that. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

Katy Lake is a clean, relatively new, well maintained campground with good access to the west Houston area and it's surroundings. We stayed in a pull through site which was laid out well, both easy to get into and out of. The sitting area was small, but sufficient. Sites were not spacious, but large enough to put out awnings and sit without being on top of neighbors. There are a large number of long term workers in the park, but the park does not allow campers or sites to deteriorate as we have seen elsewhere. Common areas, including the small lake in the center, the pool and hot tub area and the meeting rooms are clean and well maintained. The large dog park and pet washing station were grassy, maintained and a very nice addition. Security on site is via gate access. The park has obviously had some trouble with standing water on some sites, but at the time we were there it appeared that they had resolved almost all of these issues. There was nothing that caused us concern nor detracted from our view that this was a very good private park for seeing the Houston area. We would stay again. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $39.00

For an "in-town" RV park, Katy Lake is a great choice. We were in Katy to visit a friend who lives 5-10 minutes from the RV park, so the location was perfect for us. We're not fans of crowded RV parks with lots of sites crammed together, but we knew what we were getting into so I can't really complain. There's enough room to open your awning without hitting your neighbor, but not much more room than that. Our pull-through had a paved car parking pad next to the RV, so with our car next to us we had very little camping space (not unusual for a park like this). The $39 per night weekly rate for full hookups right in Katy close to everything is a good deal. Right outside the RV park is every store you could need, in the typical suburban never-ending strip mall frenzy. There is a very nice 1/2 mile paved path around the lake, and a nice fenced dog park that's bigger than most, but apart from that there's no good place nearby for longer dog walks. The WiFi worked intermittently and was usually too slow to be useful to us. Verizon and AT&T both worked great. The RV park entrance on Morton Rd. is quite uneven, so you may want to take the turn slowly to prevent dishes from flying out of cabinets. The park is gated and you need to pay a $50 refundable deposit for the remote gate opener. They also give you a code to get in with the keypad near the gate, but there is no way to get out without the opener! There's no keypad inside the park, and the gate does not automatically open when you approach from inside. One morning (before the office opened) the gate was apparently malfunctioning and we couldn't get out of the park--no remotes would open it. Eventually some other stuck RVers manually pulled the gates open so we could all get out. Due to the great location and reasonable price, we'd return here. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The Katy Dog Park is 10-15 minutes away and is HUGE (several fenced wooded acres), with a small pond, a paved loop path, and lots of grass and trees.

hap

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $20.00

ZERO wifi unless you go to the clubhouse. TV was good. Park is very nice but seemed to have some sort of drainage problem but the park was attentive to draining standing water and such. People are extremely friendly. Dog facilities were amazing! My girls loved going to the dog park. There were as many as 6 dogs at a time there and they all had a blast!! We also used the dog wash and it was equally fantastic! The wifi is the only deal breaker for me. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Do not expect wifi even if they tell you they have it unless and until they upgrade. They did tell us their wifi works, but you can trust me or you can find out for yourself -- it does not!

Featured Campgrounds Near Katy Lake RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Katy Lake RV Resort ?