9.3 Excellent

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Buckhorn Lake Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

First class in every way. A park like this would cost $90/night in California. Excellent facilities, stuff to do including fishing, expertly maintained.Sites are beautiful, with large level concrete pads and easy access. Pads are bordered by healthy grass with rock on the ends. No bare dirt anywhere, except in well planted flower beds. I will stay here again. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Easy access to I-10, on wet side of Kerrville.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $39.00

FMCA Rally..but we have stayed here many times. We would rate #1 in Texas. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Office staff excellent...amenities great. Excercise, library, pickle ball, adult site area, social room , pools, putting green, and huge rally facilities. Sites well maintained and wide and long. Lovely Creek wanders thru property. Private Club area with sites available for sale. Kerrville and other cities near by for exploring and shopping...

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

Very nice pull in site facing creek. Decent spacing between sites. Only real complaint is wifi would not give out ip address so therefore not usable. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

PBW

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

Buckhorn Lake Resort is a nice facility and offers different accommodations. There is an exclusive owners' only section in the back, a lakeside section with an adults only pool and the front section which is near I-10. We called in a reservation for the night on our way east into Texas. When we arrived, we realized they were going to put in the front section. We were concerned about the highway noise and had them move us to the lakeside section, which was an additional $5 per night. The site was good. Concrete pad that was very level and with ample space. The sites are set up in alternating directions, so your rig shares a picnic area with the next rig rather than staring at their hookup area. It was a nice setup. Our site was on a loop and the turn was so tight we had to unhook our tow and backup to get into the pull-through site. Fortunately there was an empty site that allowed us to do that. Given that they claim to be set up for big rigs, I was surprised by the tight turn. Overall, we had a nice quiet stay with no other issues. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buckhorn Lake Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

The RV resort was very well kept up. The grounds were clean. The RV parking was great. The hall our group meet in was very adequate We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $46.00

We stayed in the Executive site area. Beautiful, full hook up sites. My dogs will dream about this RV Park forever. Next to a nice flowing creek, lots of beautiful green grass and trees. Absolutely quiet at night.....no noise whatsoever. Huge concrete pads with table and chairs, every amenity you could want. Now....the bad. We got absolutely NO wi-if signal....as in zero. However the management team let me use a DSL wi-if modem at no charge. We will come back.....without a doubt. In all of our travels over many years, this place gave us the most bang for our dollar. The wi-if is the only reason they did not get a solid 10 !! We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Try the 1011 Bistro and of course Billy Gene's restaurants. Both have fabulous views as they are right on the Guadalupe river. Superb food with good waitstaff. Some shopping downtown.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed two weeks this time, our second visit here. It's a lovely park with many amenities. The daily morning trash pickup was appreciated. We were here for a Rally and the accommodations were adequate. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Great central location to visit the "Hill Country". Don't miss "Stonehenge II", only about 7 miles from the park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Excellent grounds. Held a small rally and staff did everything to make it a success even though we only had six units. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Park has organized activities and movies in a dedicated theater. Their rally buildings can hold a bunch.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

We booked two nights in May on our way to west Texas. We had a pull in site overlooking the creek - very nice site but a little difficult to pull into with our 44 foot motorhome. Got all hooked up and were settling in for the evening when half the power to the coach went out at about 7 pm. Luckily the one air conditioner was still operating as it was in the 90s already in Texas. My husband tried to figure out what the problem was and concluded that we had an electrical problem with the coach. Since we were heading to a remote area in west Texas and it was the weekend we decided to cancel the trip and head back home to get the RV looked at before taking off on an extended trip in June. On the way back home we ran the generator and it charged up the batteries so by the time we got home there was no problem at all with our coach. I contacted the park the following day to report that perhaps they had a problem with the site and should have someone check it out. They thanked me for reporting it and would have it looked at. I also requested a refund on at least one night and they said they would have a manager call me the following day. To date I have not heard from anyone from the park. We've stayed at this park on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed it. I'm really disappointed that no one followed up on my complaint. Probably won't stay again. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

gmk

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Beautiful RV resort to walk around. Great hiking trails throughout area. Only negative was lack of response to barking dog. RV across from me kept dog inside unattended...barked constantly. I contacted office daily. Nothing was done. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Travel Trailer.

No Others In Sight, Spacious

Must go to Rita's in Kerrville - eat in or take out.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

There are different rates for all the various sites. We paid $260/week for a water view site PLUS electric. Site was a pull forward into the site, but not enough room was left for the tow vehicle and I still needed an extension for my sewer hose. Sewer and power were way back in the corner of the site. There is an "adults only" area which includes a pool. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Had to park the tow car on the rocks, next to the rear of the MH....just barely long enough to get a small Honda CRV out of the street. Fredericksburg and the Pacific War Museum are well worth seeing. We've been to the WW II museum in New Orleans, this is much much better.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $75.00

We stayed here for 2 night on our way West. This park was recommended to us by several acquaintances and they were spot on. Even though, the resort is right off of I-10, it is fairly quiet and a very nice and well maintained resort. We were assigned to a 75ft pull-in with a waterview. A first time for us since we do usually stay in pull-throughs because we pull a 25ft trailer behind our 45ft motorhome. But the roads are fairly wide and the pull-in site turned out to be very nice. We liked it and would not hesitate to do this again. We did not make use of the resort facilities but notice that they put on music shows, breakfasts, etc. - There is a gated section which is for owners and it looks like all of them have a substantial house adjacent to their RV pad. All of the RV sites are generous and a 45ft motorhome will fit in all of them. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Fredericksburg! About 30 minutes away. This town was settled by German immigrants and the town people are very proud of their heritage. The town center has many German restaurants and beer gardens and a brew house, too. Unlike Ober-Gatlinburg in TN, this is not a kitschy tourist town. It is all based on their history and they try to maintain a close connection to their past.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $48.00

Wow, this is a REAL resort! So exceptional that I fear we may not find as nice during most of our travels. I've never seen so many fine rigs in my life, so the secret must be out! We stayed right next to the lake in an executive back-in spot. The place was immaculate; reminiscent of the Cars movie - so cute! The staff was nice, and the office has a little country store for your convenience. Always seemed like there was some activity or another going on. Would stay again in a heartbeat. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $1.00

We made a reservation, for a waterfront site here, one year in advance, which required a $200 deposit for a period of 3 months. Sunny and open with a concrete pad and picnic table. Has a sewer connection and 30/50 amp service.

However staff rented our site out after 2 months. The way this error was fixed was to force us to vacate our site. The young lady behind the desk was rude and disrespectful.

Poor customer service was condoned by management. We will never return here! We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

waterfront

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

I was able to get the last available site for a 1-night stopover during Spring Break. This is a well laid out, professionally run park. Concrete sites are level; and roads are paved and easy to maneuver. For me, there was minimal highway noise off I10. Although the park was full, it was very quiet. We camped at Buckhorn Lake Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buckhorn Lake Resort

Are you affiliated with Buckhorn Lake Resort ?