Indian Springs Camp & RV Park

Recent Rate: $20 4/2012

Latitude: 30.4742034392972

1 Review

TheIntuitionTour

The best part of this park is the website. They have never heard of under promise and over deliver. Its all over promise and under deliver. I was so shocked at the primitiveness of this campground when I arrived. Its not that I wouldn't stay at a place like this but I would be prepared for a low rate. The shock at the difference between website and reality was substantial, hard to win me back once you have me drive 20 miles out of the way. The entrance road is potholed and thin, I'm in a 24' class C, I don't know if I would attempt this in a big rig. I pulled in and found that I couldn't get any of 3 electric outlets to work in row C or the water, I even checked the breaker box and there were no breakers for row C? I then remembered that the man on the phone says that I should pull into row B. The only site I saw in row B had a large wood platform for lack of a better word to combat what appeared to be a giant pond on the site when it rained. Big rains were coming that is why I was finding a place to pull in for the night, so that didn't seem like a good idea. I left a message at the number I had originally called, about the lack of electric and never got a call back. Its 3 hours later, still no call. Fortunately, I am at a state park that let me slip in for 1 night because they felt bad I had been directed to Indian Springs. Seems this is a common response. I went to look at the ladies room, didn't have the courage for the men room, and it hadn't been cleaned in a very, very, long time and if I had to bet on it I would say the hot water didn't work but I didn't check to find out. By the way. As I looked around and tried to get settled the one unit out of maybe 8, that had anyone home, didn't make any attempt to help or console. So friendliness isn't why you go here. The good points. The property is secluded and quiet. There are some donkeys and a cow on property that at least made me feel like I wasn't invisible. The barn, looks nice from what I can see but all the blinds were drawn and big locks on every door. Big Thicket is very close. We camped at Indian Springs Camp & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Rio Vista Resort

Kingsland, Texas

D & D RV Park

Kilgore, Texas

Harris St RV Park

Kilgore, Texas

Are you affiliated with Indian Springs Camp & RV Park?