215 Spettle Rd

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $1.00

I will never stay here again...... I am very disappointed with this experience. The first night we were to check in the ranger was not at the station and we waited outside the gates for almost two hours in the cold for someone to check us in!!! I had called ahead that day and so they knew we would be arriving at 9:15pm (their website instructs you to do this if your arrival will be after 8pm). They knew we were coming and still they left us stranded. We ended up spending our first night outside the gates in their parking lot. This was the beginning of a trend of disappointment with our stay at Medina Lake. We were faced with new frustrations everyday we stayed here (total of 1 week). They charge you for receiving packages and if you use USPS they will turn the delivery man away at the door and you will need to drive over 20 min to the nearest post office to receive your package. Also, they will not accommodate you in any way should you need help understanding their many hidden and unrealistic rules. You also should not leave the premises is you are not a thousand trails member!! Be warned it is extremely difficult to get back to your campsite once you drive off the location. They also will interrogate you upon your return when you ask them to lift the gate for you. All in all I was very sad with this stay as I was excited to feed the deer and kayak on their lake. I would say those are the only two good things. I wish I could write a better review...... it is beautiful scenery and the deer that just walk up to you are amazing. The staff really need lessons in hospitality and accommodating their guests. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

F

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $10.00

The park seems to show overall lack of upkeep, especially with so many sites sporting the red box - indicating not in use. The grounds look tired, unkept (lots of debris in the underbrush), and old. The grounds need to be rejuvenated so that it looks much better. Many of the sites in Section R and F had gravel and debris strewn across the sites, making selection of the site a challenge without the potential camper first clearing it. The activity center in general is well kept, although we encountered a pipe smoker in the games room, which limited our use. I am certain when summer comes along the activity center is very active. Also the games room was kind of creepy with the shrine that is in the TV portion of the room. An RV park is not the place for such a shrine. The wifi worked exceptionally well, but I would prefer 4G or 5G throughout the RV park, if you could afford this infrastructure. The biggest let down was the laundry room. We were forced to use it because we did not wish to drive into Bandera or SA. It is not clean, nor is it well maintained. You need a crew to go through the washing machines, move around the tubs, get the guck off the tubs and clean the lids - it was revolting. This did not reflect well upon your maintenance. When using the laundry room I noticed that the maintenance of machines is outsourced, which likely means that the outsourcing firm is responsible for cleanliness. They are not doing the job, so somebody else should. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

F Loop

Certainly worth a stay, but the place needs some rejuvenation from its tired look.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $5.00

Thousand Trails park, interior roads need some work, we got the last of the 50 amp sites available as some are seasonal sites. Water pressure is low, had to use coach pump to increase it to satisfactory pressure. 50 amp good, sewer location near rear of coach, needed an extension hose. Loved this park - teaming with wildlife, deer in front of the coach each morning and evening. We stayed here in 40 ft MH, AT&T acceptable, satellite TV OK. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

L-11

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $55.00

This is an old, poorly maintain run down campground. Staff is rude and they do not have the sites they claim. I Reserved as site for a trailer "up to 40 feet" with 30/50 amp service. When I arrived I was told "go pick your site, there probably are not any 50 amp sites left". When I search for a site I found a run down poorly maintained campground. Stopping to use the bathroom it was disgusting. There were only maybe 12 50 amp sites, none available despite my "reservation". The few 30 amp sites they had would barely have fit a 25 foot camper with no slides. There were many larger ones, but those were "out of order" the electric was out. When I returned to the office I was told "it's all first come first serve". When I asked "why did I make a reservation? I was told " that's just how we do it". I left and drove home because I never would have fit my camper on a site and none had enough power for my RV Beware of this poorly managed campground. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Do not stay here. You'll wast your money.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $1.00

This was hard to rate- loved our wooded private full hookup site and yet the park is really run down. The surge protector kept blinking "warning", an old grill was left on the site, lights falling apart going to the office, office carpet dirty, picnic tables warped and broken. It has seen better days overall and yet we would definitely come back for the sites. There are two areas- one area by the lake and the other area closer to the office in a wooded section. We like the one in the wooded area best as the sites are father apart and more spacious. It was a lot like being in a state park but with full hookups! We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

R section
Asphalt, Gravel

The roads to get to the park are hilly and curvy. Stock up before getting there as it is a bit of a drive to get anywhere. 45 minutes from the Alamo and Riverwalk. Both well worth the drive.

Date of Stay: March, 2018

This was our second visit and will be our last. The roads are terrible, the yapping dogs are constant. All the 50 amp sites are taken by permanent residents. That leave poor 30 amp connections for the rest of us and most 30 amp power poles looked very sketchy. There was only one old 30 amp connector as well, no 20 amp connector in the power pole. Huge pot holes everywhere that stayed filled up with water. We had to park our truck and a weird angle and got a note from the park saying not to park on the grass. One look around the park and most everyone was parked on the grass. Our first visit was in January 2017 and there was trash everywhere. This visit was the same, trash scattered everywhere, even a dirty diaper in the trees. Water was very hard, our water softener was barely able to keep up. And lastly the trees need trimmed, had to do some fancy driving to keep branches off the top of our RV. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $4.00

As with most Thousand Trails campgrounds - the facilities are a bit dated. Also, during our stay, the lake is really low (the docks are sitting on ground instead of floating). Having said all that - this is one of the best Thousand Trails we've stayed in during the last year. Truly love all the deer just wandering around (some even eat corn out of our hands). We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F107

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $3.00

Stayed for 11 days on our TT membership. We found the park very dated and tired. When you arrived you were not assigned a site even though you had phoned through TT reservation service with your needs. We were shown a map with pins in it to show what was left and told to drive around and pick out one. Seems an odd way to run a campground. We were lucky to find a back-in site with 50amps and in an area with good neighbours. The roads were old broken up asphalt as well as the site. I had to block up the front wheels quite a lot to get it level. The park was quiet this time of year and we were visited often by the herd of deer. I don't think we will visit this park again or even maintain our membership if other TT parks are as run down as this. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Worth the 45 minute trip to San Antonio for the Alamo and Missions tours.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $4.00

The site was sloping different directions so much we didn't even attempt to level the rig. There was no picnic table or place to put out lawn chairs. We tow our 42' rig with an F350 and it is 13' 2" tall. This is a heavily wooded area with low limbs so got scratches all over. The roads are too narrow for big rigs like ours to drive and make turns, much less attempt to back in.. There are very few 50 amp pedestals. All electrical that we saw was old. That being said, we didn't have any problem with ours.

I talked with the folks many times since I first registered to advise the size requirements and was consistently told no problem. When we arrived that evening, we were told that was the last space available because they had 22 unexpected people show up and it is 1st come, 1st served. I just drove 9 hours for nothing! ATT is extremely poor with drifting signal, so could not talk more than a minute or 2 without dropping the call. I'm told Verizon works best. No wifi. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

If you have health problems, it is at least a 20 to 30 minute drive to the edge of San Antonio on a very narrow winding road at mostly 35 mph.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $1.00

Nicely maintained park with many sites able to handle big rigs, with a few pull-theoughs. Cleaning of showers is a little below optimal, but adequate. Management is working hard to promote activities and improve community spirit. There are a few full-timers, but most campers are short-termers. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F10

The park has lots of deer and quite a few jackrabbits.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $3.00

We stayed during Thanksgiving for our first visit and find it to be our favorite Thousand Trails in Texas. Especially if you love deer that are friendly enough to eat from your hand and hang in your campsite. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

No Others In Sight

Lake has come up a lot and is very pretty and there is a decent town nearby with the friendliest employes in the stores (Dollar General, Ace, and grocery).

San Antonio is about an hour away as is Gruene and Sea Worlds and Six Flags are even closer.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $3.00

Staff friendly and helpful. Asked for drivers license and TT membership card at checkin (had never been asked for either before). We were in section L on 50amp which they did charge $3/day for. They had a nice turkey dinner on Thanksgiving for $9/ea. Park is dated and mostly 30amp. We were in section L near the water tower which ironically had very low water pressure so we filled our tank and used our pump for better pressure. Problem solved. Many deer around and they will come up to feed if you pickup a $2 bag of corn at the local hardware store. Interior roads could use some trimming here and there. A few low branches could hit the rig if you don't pay close attention. Cell service was 5 bars LTE on VZW. No wifi at all available. Wifi at activity center was unusable. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

L11

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $41.00

I made a reservation (so I thought) for our 50-amp 5th wheel trailer for the 4th of July weekend (along with two 30-amp sites for my other family members). We were told by the person I made the reservation with that we would have a 50 amp full hook up site. Upon arrival and check in we were told everything was on a first come first served basis and they no longer had any 50 amp sites available. We were given a map of the park and told to "find a spot and let us know what # your are in". While driving through this overgrown and poorly maintained 260 acre "reserve" the top of our 5th wheel hit multiple low hanging trees, passed multiple spots that had not been mowed, had no picnic table, and multiple sites that had 30 amp campers in 50 amp spots as well as tents in RV spots. We also noticed several RV spaces that had EZ Ups on them, bags covering the electrical outlets, and boats and/or empty boat trailers, clearly people holding spots for others. Once we found a spot that did not have any low hanging tree hazards and did not have tall overgrown grass, we parked only to discover there was no sewer hook up in this section of the park!

The park policies clearly state no holding spaces for others and no overnight unoccupied sites allowed, maximum of 2 cars per site and a max of 6 people per site...this was not the case! There were cars EVERYWHERE! The dumpsters were overflowing by Saturday afternoon. The lack of security lead to vandalism in the bathrooms and irresponsible firework displays in high wind, tall grass and low hanging trees. Overall not a good experience we will not return. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

C55

A beautiful lake, I wish we had a better experience with the park.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $3.00

We thought this was a very nice TT park and we enjoyed our stay here very much! It is very large and spread out with lots of room and trees between campsites. We stayed in F section very near the lake and loved that area. The wildlife (deer, wild turkey and jackrabbits) roaming throughout the park was a huge highlight for our son. In fact, this was his favorite campground of all 20 we've been to so far. He loved feeding the deer at our campsite each night! The pool area is a good distance from the family activity area but very doable on bike, otherwise, you might want to drive it! The pool is huge but not heated although we did swim in it in April-refreshing for sure! The kiddie pool was warmer. Nice hot tub. The activity room had a pool table, jigsaw puzzles to work, 2 large screen tv's and a separate play area for little ones. Even a small chapel room for church services (not every week, tho). Outside they have a basketball court, ping pong, mini golf and a big playground. They offer meals on the weekends which are excellent and very reasonable! Every Friday evening they have a weenie roast, as well. Also nice family oriented activities over the holidays. The lake is nearly full and there are docks for fishing. We saw lots of folks using the boat launch facilities, too. Large playground and small fenced idog walk area near lake as well.The setting is very pretty and woodsy and the lake is beautiful, peaceful and huge! The roads throughout the campground are paved and in decent shape. Most of the sites are gravel, with a few concrete pads, but quite level. The old house and barn near the pool are very interesting. The home was moved to this site when they flooded the river to create the lake in 1912! Wild flowers all around the grounds in the spring! Very slow wifi in the activity center but our Verizon hotspot worked fine. No cable but we did get some local stations with our antenna. We would definitely return to this campground. We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F-142

Be sure to eat at the Family activity center on the weekends-great breakfasts, especially!
Lakehills' True-Value and the grocery store across the street sell deer corn if feeding the deer is your thing. They'll eat out of your hands!
Easy 1 hour drive to San Antonio and the airport.
The 1 hour drive to Fredricksburg is beautiful and there's lots to see there, too.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $3.00

This was a thousand trails park, I stayed for free with my membership. $3 for 50 amp upgrade.

The main disadvantage to this park was the distance from the main lodge to the pool/laundry area.

The pool was nice, Not heated. The kids pool that was warm enough to swim in at the beginning of April. A nice size main pool, and a hot tub for those over age 18.

Laundry was 6 washers/6 dryers for $1.50 each. Clean and working.

Lodge had a nice little kids' corner with a rug and baby toys. Also an 18+ reading room. The main tables were set nice and they are working on getting the cafe staffed and running. Right now just weekends on the cafe.
They had an over 18 pool table indoors and a kids pool table outdoors.

Multiple playgrounds. 70's style with metal slides and wood frames.

Pickle ball was under the pavilion by the lodge. Not fenced.

minigolf had a nice concrete path leading from hole to hole, but the greens were worn, but useable.

The boat docks were a disaster because of the water levels the past 5 years. The lake is coming back up 65% but the boat docks are unusable.

Walking paths are overgrown. You can see the foot path, but my 5 year old had to duck under trees in places. We opted to walk in the road. Which was OK on a mild, shady day - but with the walk 1 mile to the lodge from the pool, it would be nice to have a shady path as an option!

This park has some old weird barns and buildings in the part near the pool.

Overall, I think this park is rebuilding. You can see that there are some areas that are cute and nice and others that are forgotten. We camped at Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

A3

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Are you affiliated with Medina Lake RV Campground - Thousand Trails ?