Space Center RV Park

League City, Texas

Recent Rate: $35 11/2013

Latitude: 29.4997942040315

travelswithpuppies

We have stayed here several times because it is close to family members. The park is very crowded, lots are close together, hard to maneuver inside park and is on a noisy highway. Lots of full timers in park. The last time we stayed, however, the condition was much worse. The park was very unkempt and trashy looking. There were deep ruts in the ground beside the pads and was very hard to step out of the trailer without falling. We had a family emergency and needed to leave two days early and management would not even discuss a possible one or two night "credit".....just a future stay credit, not a refund. The park had many open spaces the whole time we were there so it wasn't "capacity" issue. We will not be staying here again and I would not recommend it to anyone. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

rockies

We stayed here three months, thus the $15.00 per night rate. Campground very convenient to Kemah, Galveston, NASA, Houston, shopping. Very friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub was nice. Interstate traffic noise is loud. We had trees buffering much of the noise. Short walking distance to Cracker Barrel. Many campers stay year-round working in the area. No senior activities or gatherings. We will be back next year. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

msunnergren

Really noisy as it is on Highway 45. I had to wear ear plugs to get to sleep. We camped here because we wanted to visit Johnson Space Center and leave the dog in an air conditioned rig. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

ElsieandKen

Rate was stay 2 nights, get one free. Best location for visiting the space center but that is all that can be said for it. Narrow sites, no tables. Space between sites was grassy but ours was rutted from vehicles driving over it. Had to be careful not to turn ankle. Traffic on I-45 is noisy. Had to leave rig closed up and use AC even though weather was nice. There are other campgrounds in Houston on major arteries that are not as noisy. The campground is about 23 miles from Galveston so it is a good location for visiting both Houston and Galveston. Path through to Cracker Barrel, otherwise you have to buck the traffic. We would not stay here again unless we were visiting the Space Center - and then we might consider driving further to stay in a nicer quieter campground. Staff was friendly but that didn't make up for the lack of space and noise. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

PinkPanther

Run of the mill campground. Sites were narrow. Staff very helpful and friendly. Convenient location, but a lot of Interstate noise. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

techson

This place is close to everything in the Clear Lake area. Cracker Barrel is a great place nearby to eat! We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Bob Landry

We stayed here for a "shakedown" night since it was close to where we purchased our trailer. Our site was about halfway back in the park and didn't seen overly noisy to me. If you want a perfectly serene camping spot, don't pick a park on a major Interstate. That seems pretty simple to me. It's like buying a retirement condo next to the pool and then complaining about the noise. There were back-in and pull-through sites. My trailer is 10' longer than my old one and even with not being used to it, I would have had plenty of room to back it in. I don't know what a lot of the comments here on small spaces are about. How much room do you need to park a rig? There seemed to be a mix of RVs in the park, with many looking a little dilapidated, so there must have been some full-time residents there, although I wouldn't pick it for a permanent residence. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, but then, I'm not a very needy person. The park is located near shopping and eateries, i you need that. All in all, it was a pleasant stay We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

double-d

We had planned to stay at this park for two nights. Found the park to be located right beside a very busy interstate which made the site extremely noisy. Pad and access road was rather narrow making it difficult to park. The host was very sympathetic, even offered to move us to the rear of the park. We decided to move on and try a different park. We had payed for two night but the host graciously reimbursed us the cost of the second night. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

rvhappycamper

This park is very noisy as it is right next to the interstate. The spaces are very narrow and not at all easy to get in and out of. This park is very close to a lot of great restaurants and not very far from Kemah. We would probably not stay here again. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bluebird Bob

An OK park for a couple of nights to maybe see NASA tours or the area. Tight spaces. Tough to get into or out of. A large majority are workers rebuilding Galveston from Hurricane Ike and Katrina. Seems fairly safe, no problems that we encountered. Next to hwy 45 so get freeway noise if site is to the front. Not a long term park. Would look for another park with more space before staying here again. We are staying a week and the rate is $235.00 We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

rcfowlerok

If you don't want a good nights sleep this is the place to go! Right next to I-45. This place was not set up for RV'ers but for the money. The sites are narrow & small. When we made our reservatons for 5 days the person said that there was only one site left & it was a corner site near the interstate but would try to move us when we arrived. So I thought I would try it & see what happens. When we arrived they had some sites for us to check out alright but they were small back-in's & I would have never fit in them. So they said if we can stay there for the night they will try to move us in the back tomorrow. Anyway we stayed 2 days with out sleep & headed south on I-45. The only thing this park has going for it is the amenities being close to the Space Center & etc... The management was nice but no help. When we checked out they gave us a one day refund instead of three but I really didn't care, just get out of there & get some sleep else where. Never again! We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

I just read the previous entries and had to respond. I visited the park in April with my two daughters (girls weekend). I was unaware of any ownership change, but had no problems with the staff. In fact, the gentleman that runs the free breakfast each morning was very nice. The food offered was great and the kitchen was spotless. The meeting room was quite large with TV, books, and games. There was a very nice fitness center which we used each day. The pool and hot tub was extremely clean, though I did notice a couple of tiles missing. I loved the setup of the bathrooms and showers and thought they were very well maintained. The park was extremely clean and, though there were full timers, they kept the area around their RV's very clean. The only downside was that the park is right off of I-45 and so pretty noisy. However, the location to area attractions was great! Kemah boardwalk was a full day of fun with great restaurants, lots of shopping, and carnival like games and rides. There are several movie theatres and a mall nearby. Galveston is close enough to spend the day while still far enough away to protect my RV from the saltwater. Maybe not the best park if you are looking for a weekend of hanging out at your RV and resting under the trees (there are none). But a great park if you want to swim and visit lots of area attractions. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

This park is under new management since the previous comments were posted. We stayed here for three nights in June and found the park and management to be great. Our kids really enjoyed the swimming pool,and we loved the hot tub. The restrooms and showers were very clean. To our surprise, there was continental breakfast each morning in the meeting/rec room, with cereals, toast, rolls, fruit, coffee, and juice. We had a flat tire on our travel trailer before we left, and within five minutes of my husband starting to change it, the manager and two fellow campers came over to offer their assistance. Overall, our experience was great and I would highly recommend this park! P.S. It's about 10 minutes from NASA, 15 minutes from Kemah Boardwalk, and 25 minutes to Galveston. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We stayed here late last year one night for the opportunity to visit the Houston Space Center on our way to Galveston. This is a very tight park, and it is challenging to drive our 40' coach through the tight turns. We arrived late at night, and although I did not drive off of the roadway on my way into my space, the owner stopped by in the morning and gave me a hard time about some wheel ruts that were at my site. He threatened to charge me to fill them. The spaces are small, it is right next to the freeway and we heard truck traffic all night, and they charged us $5 to leave our
coach in it's site for 2 hours past the checkout time of 11am. Pass on this place. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

I personally don't like Space Center RV and I won't be back! The Managers at the site were RUDE, to say the least!! We arrived at the park very late one night and the next afternoon the Manager came over and yelled at me. (He was very rude and abrasive. Getting into my face when he was yelling at me.) He was yelling at me for speeding in the park (going more than 5 mph), said he was giving me my second warning and I was asked to leave. I hadn't been in the park that long, I wasn't speeding and I hadn't been given any warning prior to that episode. I felt this was case of mistaken identity and told him just that, but was still asked to leave. We had paid for entire month, so I asked for my money back. Here's the kicker: they refused to give me my money back. It is apparently their policy to give NO refunds. Period. That is just wrong! Especially when you paid for an entire month and were there less than 24 hours. Space Center RV has a lot of amenities to offer, but I'm sorry all the amenities in the world don't matter to me if the people you are dealing with are rude, abrasive and inconsiderate. You should think about all this before you stay at this RV park. There are 2 other RV parks just down the road that have very friendly staff. Try these before going to Space Center. We camped at Space Center RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Admiralty RV Resort

San Antonio, Texas

Marina Bay RV Resort

Kemah, Texas

Safari RV Park

League City, Texas

Are you affiliated with Space Center RV Park?